• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
I'm fine with JYB but I'm slightly surprised so many people are gung ho on him since he had quite the saturation back in the day, so I'm used to people being sick of him lol.

Genryu

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, JYB is a pretty good screamer.

Hell, they probably won't even have to loop his screams because he actually has the lung capacity for them unlike a certain other voice actor.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm fine with JYB but I'm slightly surprised so many people are gung ho on him since he had quite the saturation back in the day, so I'm used to people being sick of him lol.

Personally I don't watch Anime dub and only really know him from his roles in video games which he doesn't seem to have many major role other than Nero from DMC so I'm thrilled for him to get more gig.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
He got miscast a few times, sure, but I think with DMCV and the like I think most people are happy about it, and frankly I've never had a problem with his acting. He's still solid.

That being said for a while there he was in everything, but everyone is fine with Troy Baker and Matt Mercer being in everything so I won't be listening to any insults on him haha

Personally I don't watch Anime dub and only really experienced him from his roles in video games which he doesn't seem to have many major role other than Nero from DMC so I'm thrilled for him to get more gig.
You didn't watch Trigun dubbed? :( It's one of the good'uns

CONCHOBAR

Oct 25, 2017
Yo JYB be taking all of Vic's roles (also took Sabo in One Piece) and I could not be happier. Love JYB.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
That being said for a while there he was in everything, but everyone is fine with Troy Baker and Matt Mercer being in everything so I won't be listening to any insults on him haha

Everyone is definitely not fine with Troy, Matt and Nolan being in every thing lol

but that's hardly their fault.

You didn't watch Trigun dubbed? :( It's one of the good'uns

I didn't watch Trigun period =p

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
Everyone is definitely not fine with Troy, Matt and Nolan being in every thing lol

but that's hardly their fault.

I didn't watch Trigun period =p
Fair enough on the first part.

Sad face on the second. Trigun is one of the greats imo. One of the best anime out there even if it diverges from the source material. Up there with Bebop and others.

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I feel so conflicted. I can't unhear Nero, Ichigo, etc. Need to hear more lines from him. Still a premium replacement. Hope Johnny's voice will be okay.

Yasumi

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Johnny's voice sounds so much closer to Bin Shimada's Broly than Vic ever did.

品川駅

Banned
Aug 15, 2019
Tokyo, Japan
I only play the game with Japanese voices so 🤷‍♂️

The only thing I know about these dudes is that one is the black power ranger and now makes 90% of all anime dubbing.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is nitpicking, but why people continue calling Mignogna as Vic?

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
They could have replaced Mignogna with some boozehound they picked up off the street with no acting experience, and as long as they never sexually harassed anyone, they'd still be the better choice.

Luckily JYB is an upgrade in every way.

Sep 15, 2019
Definitely a fan of Bosch but not sure how I feel about this role for him. Definitely want to hear some samples before I pass judgement.

Having said that Broly is not that hard a part to pull off so I'm sure he'll do just fine at it.

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Guess that means the Blu-Ray release of DBS: Broly is going to be an artifact once Johnny re-records the dialogue for Broly in that movie's subsequent re-releases.

I'm down. Dude is a solid voice actor.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Guess that means the Blu-Ray release of DBS: Broly is going to be an artifact once Johnny re-records the dialogue for Broly in that movie's subsequent re-releases.

I'm down. Dude is a solid voice actor.
Saw it at Target the other day, was tempted to buy it but this thought crossed my mind.

Now do an FMA: Brotherhood redub of just Ed's lines. (Not that Funi has anything to do with that series anymore)

Protoman200X

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
N. Vancouver, BC, Canada
Saw it at Target the other day, was tempted to buy it but this thought crossed my mind.

Now do an FMA: Brotherhood redub of just Ed's lines. (Not that Funi has anything to do with that series anymore)

My girlfriend had gifted me the Blu-ray for my birthday & I had it sitting on my shelf since. I did enjoy the movie when I saw it in theaters this year, but I can't watch it for the fact that Vic had voiced one of the focal characters in that film.

P-Bo

One Winged Slayer
Jun 17, 2019
Replace talentless shitbag pred for one of the greatest voice actors in the industry? Yes please and thank you.