• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

4 Get!

Alt Account
Banned
Apr 8, 2019

This is what I feared, he sounds just like Nero from DMCV. JYB is a great performance VO but his range needs work.

I would have chosen Bryce Papenbrook instead.

His Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins sounds a lot like Edward Elric(in case they ever want to replace FMA's VA) and he has a better range. Instead I fear everyone's taking the lazy way out in hiring JYB for all of Vic's work.

BakedTanooki

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I usually don't care about the english dub, but I have to say that this guy sounds muuuuch better from what I heard in the linked video. Big win for english dub fans.

But man, japanese Broly is really something else. It's like the voice actor truly went mentally crazy, just to voice the character. Insane and otherworldly. Love it sooo much.

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Johnny Yong Bosch's weird gravelly grunts actually fit the character. Haha!

residentgrigo

Banned
Oct 30, 2019
Germany
giphy.gif

Vic poisoned the discourse around anime for years to come outside of his sex crimes. I am looking forward to his incoming bankruptcy. A true 0/10 human being.
(He was a fine VA though if you are into anime dubs, which I mostly can´t stand.)

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I stick to the OG Japanese voices because im a big weeb, but Johnny is an interesting choice because hes a big name, so that might mean Broly is going to come back for Season 2 of Super, would they really get JYB for just 1 minor video game role?

roflwaffles

Oct 30, 2017
I didn't know anything about the Vic situation other than murmurs that he's a creep but a quick YT search and skim through the video titles just tells me he's supported by a bunch of dickbags.

JYB is a legend.

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting to note, this isn't the first Vic role recast by JYB. He's also recast as Sabo in One Piece, first heard in Stampede. Though Vic barely got to play him, only showing up for a cameo in Film Gold and voicing him in the TV special Episode of Sabo (which was an abridged recap of the first half of Dressrosa).
Though since Funimation has yet to reach Dressrosa in the dub (for reasons we still don't know), JYB will be the main voice going forward.

I stick to the OG Japanese voices because im a big weeb, but Johnny is an interesting choice because hes a big name, so that might mean Broly is going to come back for Season 2 of Super, would they really get JYB for just 1 minor video game role?

Assuming that most Dragon Ball games going forward use Broly (and they likely will considering most of them did before), then he'll be cast for those roles.
I imagine he'll be cast if he's a major character in the next season of Super.

Wealthydave3

Banned
Aug 1, 2019
Just heard his voice in fighter z and......he sounded terrible. The reason why I don't watch Dragonball in subbed is that the characters sound like little kids and Bosch sounds just like that. Eh...

Garrod Ran

self-requested ban
Banned
Mar 23, 2018
Just heard his voice in fighter z and......he sounded terrible. The reason why I don't watch Dragonball in subbed is that the characters sound like little kids and Bosch sounds just like that. Eh...
If johnny yong bosch can be a grown ass man in his 40s that sounds young, why can't broly be

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know anything about the Vic situation other than murmurs that he's a creep but a quick YT search and skim through the video titles just tells me he's supported by a bunch of dickbags.

JYB is a legend.
It's far more than murmurs.
That's like close to half the Dragon Ball community.
Not even close.
I like how the spin is that Vic gave his blessing when clearly he didnt.
Vic is probably pissed, lol.

Modest_Modsoul

Living the Dreams
Oct 29, 2017
I always thought Steve Blum might fit more though...

He could do screaming like Bin Shimada's Broly.

Might be he's too expensive?

Nov 21, 2017
This is what I feared, he sounds just like Nero from DMCV. JYB is a great performance VO but his range needs work.

I would have chosen Bryce Papenbrook instead.

His Meliodas from Seven Deadly Sins sounds a lot like Edward Elric(in case they ever want to replace FMA's VA) and he has a better range. Instead I fear everyone's taking the lazy way out in hiring JYB for all of Vic's work.

Your joking right Papenbrook sounds the same in almost every single role he does. His range in no where near JYB.

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought Steve Blum might fit more though...

He could do screaming like Bin Shimada's Broly.

Might be he's too expensive?

Steve Blum is union-only these days. His anime appearances are rare. Still does Orochimaru, showed up in FLCL Alternative (probably because it was co-produced by Adult Swim), and since Netflix started hiring unions for their anime dubs, he showed up in Baki and Ultraman.
I mean, he could appear in something Dragon Ball related that's not Final Bout, but it would require changing his credit just like they did with James Marsters and Richard Horvitz. The pay probably isn't going to be amazing either.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, JYB is an excellent VA so I'm fine with this.

Edit: Also, JYB is one of the GOAT Power Rangers.