• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't want Dante to be gone
I want nero to be the main character
Tbh, I'd like both (or all three if Vergil really is coming back) to get equal play in the next story. That's a lot to ask for, I know, considering what the series has attempted, but I want it bad.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I already did a pitch on how DMC5 would ensue. It would start post DMC2 with Nero trying to get Dante out of Hell. In the meantime Vergil gets resurrected for w/e reasons and clashes with Dante and Nero.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh, I'd like both (or all three if Vergil really is coming back) to get equal play in the next story. That's a lot to ask for, I know, considering what the series has attempted, but I want it bad.
I don't mind them being equal in how much you get to use them

I just don't want Dante being the main protagonist. Nero I feel has potential to actually further himself as a character, and if Virgil were to return I guess you have to spend to actually explaining that an d the ramifications of such actions. As much as I like dante a character , he's fine. I don't mind him being in the mix, I don't think he should be the one pushing the story forward I guess

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to see Nero come back and for him to be duel-wielding Red Queen and Yamato in his default moveset.

As well as the dice room

Thrillhouse

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As well as the dice room
hqdefault.jpg

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
He's at London MCM this weekend and he should expect lots of awkward questions about this

Unless he signs my copy of Persona 4

Deleted member 1258

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please just have a budget where you don't have to try to extend the games time with tedious puzzles and backtracking. The spinning top sections of DMC4 were egregious.

Oct 25, 2017
It's gotta be at PSX, right?
Really depends on when they intend on releasing. If this is going to be releasing next year, then definitely.

If this is Capcom's big Q1 game for 2019, I very well could see this being an E3 reveal. Capcom saw success with RE7's reveal-to-release timeframe and is trying again with Monster Hunter World. Wouldn't be surprised if they also have this set up for something similar.

Oct 25, 2017
Really depends on when they intend on releasing. If this is going to be releasing next year, then definitely.

If this is Capcom's big Q1 game for 2019, I very well could see this being an E3 reveal. Capcom saw success with RE7's reveal-to-release timeframe and is trying again with Monster Hunter World. Wouldn't be surprised if they also have this set up for something similar.

Fair point. They also seem to be focusing quite a bit on MHW, so I can definitely see E3.

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
My weird conspiracy theory after E3 this year has always been that Sony had a long and short version of their presentation planned. If everything before them was ho-hum (which it was), they wouldn't go all out and save as much as they could for PSX. That's why we ended up with that strangely short presentation that everyone scratched their heads at when it was over before it felt like it should have been.

DMC being one of the games held back.

Again, weird conspiracy theory

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You kinda have to have Nero in a DMC5 if you are going to do it proper. Lots of unresolved story threads left with Nero and his origin in DMC4.

Much of the community still (wrongfully) thinks Nero is like a 3rd son of Sparda.

They better nail the moment when Vergil and Nero meet for the first time.

Skeeter49

I wish Jim Ryan would eat me
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, the only other place besides PSX is TGA's, but it's PSX.