• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Next week has one of my favourite moments of all of part 5. I love the boat scene. I'm also eager to see what theories come from anime-only watchers when they see Bruno still "alive" but he doesnt bleed or feel pain or have a pulse.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I guess he can see 10 seconds into the future to see himself dying, but for him to stop it Fugo would have to launch the capsule. If it just breaks, the virus is invisible so Diavolo would be pretty fucked. Fugo can order Purple Haze to break it himself and it'd be over since it would infect King Crimson due to the nature of the stand.

You're right, Fugo can kill Diavolo.

Diavolo can only see the result of a specific point in time up to 10 seconds. He'd have to personally check if a capsule is missing AND figure out where the missing capsule could be, or he's dead.

But pretty much everyone can kill Diavolo if they know how to proceed and they outsmart him: Mista could potentially be a hard counter to King Crimson

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Oh loving God, why would you do this to me?

It's for people to catch up, we are moving to the grand stage after all.

Anyway this is beautiful:

D0CFQ2WXgAE2n98.jpg%3Alarge

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I feel like such a debbie downer right now but "it just works" is such an overused and boring meme. One of my least favourite jojo memes tbh.

On a more positive note, the way they portrayed King Crimson this episode was genuinely pretty frightening, and I loved it.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god the end of that episode was fantastic. Even knowing what happened I felt that, can't imagine how anime watchers must have felt.

Also, holy shit at how slow Bucciarati got impaled. Brutal.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad for the anime-only people since they know there's a third court after this one, so this is not the last battle.
During the prepublication, there was no way of knowing what was going on. Is it a Kakyoin and the beginning of the final battle? Is it a fake-out and they'll damage him enough to make him retreat, like with Kira? I don't think anyone remembered there was an assassin missing (which made Rizotto's appearance even more left field). All the allies are here, but far away... Maybe Trish will have the key to defeat the boss, since "her power is likely related to his"? (cough) Or at least she will give time to Giorno and the others to come and defeat the boss?
And in the end... Nope. None of this. It's the first complete defeat of the heroes since Jonathan in volume 5. The whole sequence, week after week, between this cliffhanger and the boat escape... man, what a ride.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Diamond is Unbreakable is absolutely terrible so far. 10 episodes in. What came before it is soo much better.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Diamond is Unbreakable is absolutely terrible so far. 10 episodes in. What came before it is soo much better.
You'll probably like it alot more once the main villain shows up. Granted, I love DIU as a whole, but the big bad is what really sells it as one of, if not the best Part.

Also, this is the full-Spoiler thread btw.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The thing I love about King Crimson is that Diavolo talks through his stand.

Honestly the most memorable thing about Diavolo when I read part 5 is his stand, which I feel is very different from Kira.

I'm really glad they made it so far and ending it on such an iconic frame.

The only thing I think would have been better is if the trish > bruno transition would have been better.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You'll probably like it alot more once the main villain shows up. Granted, I love DIU as a whole, but the big bad is what really sells it as one of, if not the best Part.

Also, this is the full-Spoiler thread btw.

Yeah I avoided reading anything lol.

Really enjoy JoJo but this season so far has nothing on Stardust Crusaders.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The thing I love about King Crimson is that Diavolo talks through his stand.

Honestly the most memorable thing about Diavolo when I read part 5 is his stand, which I feel is very different from Kira.

I'm really glad they made it so far and ending it on such an iconic frame.

The only thing I think would have been better is if the trish > bruno transition would have been better.
I hope they keep on making diavolo menacing like this, dude fell so much after his face reveal :/, i want them to make him worthy of that stand xD

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Correct me if im wrong, but didn't aerosmith finish him or something involving that stand? i remember bruno's party was very close to that fight D:
Narancia does finish him off, but it's basically a kill steal. Diavolo fights Risotto for a while, retreats, and Risotto bumps into Aerosmith while chasing him and is immediately shot dead IIRC.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wonder how people will react when they realise Giorno and Co don't fight Risotto but the boss does
I hope they'll make the episode about Doppio. Weird episode, strangely aloof, with some hints there's more about him... and on the last minute, out of nowhere "I will not get closer to you" in his iconic pose=> HOLY SHIT RISOTTO=>razor blades=> end=>all the fans break down.
Risotto fans have been robbed two games in a row. The anime cannot let them down. They can butcher Ciocolatta if they want, but the Risotto episodes need to be perfect.
Correct me if im wrong, but didn't aerosmith finish him or something involving that stand? i remember bruno's party was very close to that fight D:
Aerosmith is a key element of the fight, yes. Twice, at the end.
Narancia does finish him off, but it's basically a kill steal. Diavolo fights Risotto for a while, retreats, and Risotto bumps into Aerosmith while chasing him and is immediately shot dead IIRC.
It's a bit more complicated: both Doppio and Risotto use Aerosmith without Narancia noticing. That's a way of showing how above the average guy these two are: Doppio manipulate Aerosmith first to shoot Risotto, and then Risotto uses it to shoot King Crimson while using Metallica to hide the fact there's two people breathing CO2 there.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I was trying to remember what happens in the second half of Part 5 but I've got real trouble lol. I remember Metallica, Green Day, and the final fight but that's it.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
it's the last third
You only forgot clash and talking head and the coliseum before last fight i think

Ha yup, thanks, after looking them up I think I vaguely remember clash and talking head. The anime is only at episode 20 out of 39 so they might spend more time on the material left I guess.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ha yup, thanks, after looking them up I think I vaguely remember clash and talking head. The anime is only at episode 20 out of 39 so they might spend more time on the material left I guess.
Maybe theyll make a filler a la gold heart gold ring or spice up the final battle

Edit: shit i forgot BIG

Oct 25, 2017
People complaining about lack of downtime in the anime thread need to realize that that's not what this part is even supposed to be about. They've transferred from mission to mission since after Giorno joined. It's been firing on all cylinders since Formaggio showed up.

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
from the anime thread
"The only way the situation could be any cooler is if the end fight is a three way(triple threat) match between them and Giorno."

lol

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I hate when I try to answer questions in the anime thread and have to back off because I don't want something misinterpreted lol

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I hate when I try to answer questions in the anime thread and have to back off because I don't want something misinterpreted lol
Yeah, my blood froze because someone thought about part 4 cameos... i wishe di could prevent "just works" memes as well...
from the anime thread
"The only way the situation could be any cooler is if the end fight is a three way(triple threat) match between them and Giorno."

lol
all these summer childs...

Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna get what's coming to them after like nearly all the boy band is offed and the main squad body count surpasses all other parts combined.

I also prefer this mission to mission style instead of a straight forward "lets do some character interactions and basically do nothing!" episode. Everyone gets fleshed out enough.

Besides Fugo.

Oct 25, 2017
Like I want to just out right say the next half is gonna get insanely brutal but that's obviously a no no

meanwhile we get this concern trolling for several weeks

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I feel bad for everyone that thought this mafia story would be anything less than a slaughter house... i mean, part 4 had a zero non secondary character kill count, but that was an exception for jojo.

This is a season about boys whose best chances of sucess are having meaningful deaths and anyone that lives should be treated like a small miracle D:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just realized this similarity in appearance and reversal in limitation (more HxH).

qayfGjM.png

FjgduiD.png

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like such a debbie downer right now but "it just works" is such an overused and boring meme. One of my least favourite jojo memes tbh.

On a more positive note, the way they portrayed King Crimson this episode was genuinely pretty frightening, and I loved it.

It just works was funny when it was used in that era where it was hilarious to act like an idiot refusing to engage with a product.

Now they're just being actual idiots if they keep acting similarly even when the anime is here, unless the anime spectacularly fails to showcase KC's power

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They're gonna get what's coming to them after like nearly all the boy band is offed and the main squad body count surpasses all other parts combined.

I also prefer this mission to mission style instead of a straight forward "lets do some character interactions and basically do nothing!" episode. Everyone gets fleshed out enough.

Besides Fugo.
Yeah. Like there are never really "stop and talk" moments but I still think I understand most of the part 5 crew more than say... Okuyasu.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
a quote from the anime thread

>Man, if Bruno dies for real its gonna hit me harder than any of the previous deaths in the series. Probably combined!

what they did with bruno afterwards hit me even harder than if he died on the spot