• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
One of the few spoilers i know about jojo is the end of part 6 (Not how it occurs, but what it does a.k.a why we have steel ball run/jojolion etc ) but im still encouraged too watch part 5. Just watched the first 4 episodes and it might be my favourite thus far.

Also......doesn't it technically mean that Gio is jotaro's great grandfather...at the age of 15. lol.
If you know the spoiler then go ahead and read it lol I would be goddamn broken if i knew it before reading part 5... that's what i was trying to avoid because it ruined my part 7 experience for a while(though i had misinterpreted that as "part 1-5 were erased" when all that effectively happened was an AU switch).
Both parts (5 and 6) are beautiful imo

and yeah Giorno is Joseph's uncle, this is so awkward LOL

Oct 25, 2017
FUCKING WHAT???!!!!
giphy.gif

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Reading Jojolion speculation makes my head spin. I kean, it basically boils down to:
-Who the hell is the Doc.
-Is Jobin Bad.
-What the Hell are the Wall Eyes and does it tie into Zombie Jesus.
-What is Dio/Diego's influence on the world considering each part has his touch.
-Do the Rock Humans and the Holy Corpse eventually tie into a single stand power granting plot thread.
-Will the Rock Humans continue to be a plot point, and is there a chance at a rock Human Jojo.

I feel at some point Rock Humans straight up replaced the Wall eyes, araki abandoned em, and J worried the ending won't be satisfying.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Reading Jojolion speculation makes my head spin. I kean, it basically boils down to:
-Is Jobin Bad.
-What is Dio/Diego's influence on the world considering each part has his touch.
-Do the Rock Humans and the Holy Corpse eventually tie into a single stand power granting plot thread.
-Will the Rock Humans continue to be a plot point, and is there a chance at a rock Human Jojo.

I feel at some point Rock Humans straight up replaced the Wall eyes, araki abandoned em, and J worried the ending won't be satisfying.

haha, thing about Jojolion is that, at least how i see it, this is going to be the last part of the series, so Araki will probably try to cram in as many nods as he can before saying goodbye, hence the title, I wasn't expecting the comeback of the pillarman but damn that shit made the part much better just by being a thing.

Jobin feels too soft for the big baddie, so I really think there's someone else pulling the strings, so that could be linked to jesus, the fruit, all the weird shit or not... I never got the chance of making Jojo speculation since my jump from watching P5 and straight out reading it cause I couldn't help it, so it's fun getting them head spins

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The best part about Giorno being Joseph's uncle is that this is probably the way their relationship dynamics would go anyways lol

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
If you know the spoiler then go ahead and read it lol I would be goddamn broken if i knew it before reading part 5... that's what i was trying to avoid because it ruined my part 7 experience for a while(though i had misinterpreted that as "part 1-5 were erased" when all that effectively happened was an AU switch).
Both parts (5 and 6) are beautiful imo

Thats literally all i know is that something occurs to make it an alternate universe. But that doesnt change anything for me. Ill love it all the same. Just wanted to read part 6 to get my jojo fix on the train aha

Giorno is the Great-Great-Great uncle of Jolyne, Great-Great Uncle of Jotaro, her father.
The Jojo family tree is fucking weird. I think he's Jotaro's great grand uncle or some shit. Also you have no context for the Part 6 ending, just keep Jojoing till you get to it.

The family tree thing is hilarious. But wouldnt gio only be considered half uncle since mother is different then the main joestar line.

Everyones relation to Gio
Joesph : Half Uncle
Josuke : Great Half Uncle
Jotaro : Great Great Half Uncle
Joleyne : Great Great Great Half Uncle.

Oct 25, 2017
Thats literally all i know is that something occurs to make it an alternate universe. But that doesnt change anything for me. Ill love it all the same. Just wanted to read part 6 to get my jojo fix on the train aha

The family tree thing is hilarious. But wouldnt gio only be considered half uncle since mother is different then the main joestar line.

Everyones relation to Gio
Joesph : Half Uncle
Josuke : Great Half Uncle
Jotaro : Great Great Half Uncle
Joleyne : Great Great Great Half Uncle.
I mean I guess.
He's technically the offspring of a guy from the late 1800s born in the 1980s, so it kinda stands that logic took itself out to the toolshed and hanged itself.
This is such a good description of the Jojo genetics bullshit.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Not to start op discourse but I was watching all the jojo ops because I was bored and I honestly think chase has some of the best animation and visuals of any jojo opening. Not the best, but like top 3 at least. The song is meh though imo. I just had to say that because I feel chase gets too much hate while the visuals are fantastic. The transitions are super cool to watch

Also I'm bringing up my opinion on part 4 because I didn't mention anything on the previous page. If not interested don't click the spoiler tag

I understand the dislike if not interested in the slice of life formula but I think the morioh characters have lots going for them and have a variety of interesting relationships that aren't all the same so it's entertaining. I don't need there to be constant urgency and I like the more relaxed aspect of it. I find the side adventures fun, and the variety of episodes that aren't just focused on fighting are endearing to me. Idk I love part 4 a lot so when I see discussion about it I feel the need to defend it even though I know there's issues with it and everyone will feel differently. And I don't want to be obnoxious so sorry if I ever do end up being like that

Also I for some reason have taken too long of a break from reading part 6. I love part 6 but I just stopped reading for a bit. I need to get back to it. I'm getting close to the endgame, I just finished bohemian rhapsody. Now I'm onto the next dio son, cow man.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm rewatching the beginning of part 5 again and i can't get over the fact they crammed so much info in less than half an hour for the first episode. Everytime i watch it it feels like it has double the duration or something it's insane, and quite beautiful D:
And sorry, i probably said this here before but it never ceases to amaze me

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I'm rewatching the beginning of part 5 again and i can't get over the fact they crammed so much info in less than half an hour for the first episode. Everytime i watch it it feels like it has double the duration or something it's insane, and quite beautiful D:
When I first went to watch the first episode I was just like "please please get to Bruno" and they did and they got to the "taste of a liar" scene. And none of it felt rushed. Really amazingly paced episode. Probably my fave first episode of any part.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
When I first went to watch the first episode I was just like "please please get to Bruno" and they did and they got to the "taste of a liar" scene. And none of it felt rushed. Really amazingly paced episode. Probably my fave first episode of any part.
And these chapters weren't even badly paced in the manga, yet they reordered most stuff and it got better, damn, how did they do that?!

First time i watched that i was with some friends and we had just finished p4 and thought it wouldnt get better anyway so lets just watch one episode, i watched all four that we had that day lol

Oct 25, 2017
And these chapters weren't even badly paced in the manga, yet they reordered most stuff and it got better, damn, how did they do that?!

First time i watched that i was with some friends and we had just finished p4 and thought it wouldnt get better anyway so lets just watch one episode, i watched all four that we had that day lol
Everything leading up to the Black Sabbath fight is nicely paced and appropriately tense. I remember thinking Black Sabbath had one of the best reveals when I watched it. Janitor reignites that lighter and you hear a huge clank, you see the fire do crazy shit with their shadows and then he just waltzes out creepily and kills the soul of the janitor. With that soundtrack the whole thing was moody and I could not wait for more.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Everything leading up to the Black Sabbath fight is nicely paced and appropriately tense. I remember thinking Black Sabbath had one of the best reveals when I watched it. Janitor reignites that lighter and you hear a huge clank, you see the fire do crazy shit with their shadows and then he just waltzes out creepily and kills the soul of the janitor. With that soundtrack the whole thing was moody and I could not wait for more.
I'll need to look up whoever is directing this anime and maybe binge watch their whole work lol had to stop at black sabbath last night, they nail the suspense in this season whenever they have to, polpo's introduction, luca's eye in giorno's hand, BIG, the king crimson episode, this anime is so good
I'll have nightmares when they do my boy Narancia's death scene D:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else feel like Steel Ball Run was kinda lukewarm? Like not as good as people say? So much of it was throwing a billion things against the wall and having some of them stick. Gyro's conclusion to his whole motivation to enter the race?: a literal footnote. Characters being set up as important?: They get almost nothing cool to do (Sandman, Poco Loco, Hot Pants, Wekapipo)...then they die. The inconsistencies around "Stand" abilities in this arc is weird too. Diego and Scary Monsters. Need I go on? Zombie Horse, the magical string they use after all their battles that was delivered to them off-screen?(tbf, I could be wrong here on when they got it, but I honest to god do not remember that). It's just... the idea was so good but the execution was so weak to me. Gyro and Johnny's friendship really made the part because everything else around them was weak.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else feel like Steel Ball Run was kinda lukewarm? Like not as good as people say? So much of it was throwing a billion things against the wall and having some of them stick. Gyro's conclusion to his whole motivation to enter the race?: a literal footnote. Characters being set up as important?: They get almost nothing cool to do (Sandman, Poco Loco, Hot Pants, Wekapipo)...then they die. The inconsistencies around "Stand" abilities in this arc is weird too. Diego and Scary Monsters. Need I go on? Zombie Horse, the magical string they use after all their battles that was delivered to them off-screen?(tbf, I could be wrong here on when they got it, but I honest to god do not remember that). It's just... the idea was so good but the execution was so weak to me. Gyro and Johnny's friendship really made the part because everything else around them was weak.
They had a quest to get the horse string but that this is so bullshit lol I wished they befriended Hot Pants instead oh well
I agree the part being so hyped kinda works against it, Araki improved a lot on writing battles and the main duo's relationship is pretty well written. I like battles like Catch the Rainbow and Sugar Mountain, but the part didn't really grab my heart like 5 and 6 did, and at this point i was getting a little sad i was finding jojo not as good as two parts ago that only jojolion solved for me...

Part 7 has a lot of cool characters being wasted there cause it's about the two main guys, maybe there wasn't much more to the ones you mentioned but their concepts are so cool you end up missing them

It has a great and simple main villain people sell as being extremely complex and nuanced, it has inconcistencies with stands that araki masks it much better than previous parts, and i like the post sbr turn that made all fights hunter x hunter, but even if i think the part is well written i can't like it as much as people hyped it to me :/

Oh and lucy totally soured my experience but i've spent wayy too much time speaking about why that was bad coming after stone ocean ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SBR is better than Stone Ocean which was the absolute worst Jojo had ever been until its publication. That's its only positive trait.
As someone who read most of Jojo real time, SBR is above Stone Ocean, but still below everything else, including Phantom Blood. It has some really good stuff (I like some battles, some designs, the idea of going back to the idea of hamon but with the rotation) but it has so much bad as well that the overall package feels wasteful. If it hadn't been "from the author of Jojo" but from a new writer, I would have dropped it a few volumes in.

Meanwhile, Jojolion is so terrible that it managed to make me stop reading the series all together, which after 20 years feels really strange and kinda painful.

I guess people who "hype" it are Americans? I really wonder why Stone Ocean and SBR in particular are so much more popular than in Japan (and some of my European friends agree as well). The most obvious answer would be "because they happen in 'murica", but that's a bit short with how wide the reception gap is.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
SBR is better than Stone Ocean which was the absolute worst Jojo had ever been until its publication. That's its only positive trait.
As someone who read most of Jojo real time, SBR is above Stone Ocean, but still below everything else, including Phantom Blood. It has some really good stuff (I like some battles, some designs, the idea of going back to the idea of hamon but with the rotation) but it has so much bad as well that the overall package feels wasteful. If it hadn't been "from the author of Jojo" but from a new writer, I would have dropped it a few volumes in.

Meanwhile, Jojolion is so terrible that it managed to make me stop reading the series all together, which after 20 years feels really strange and kinda painful.

I guess people who "hype" it are Americans? I really wonder why Stone Ocean and SBR in particular are so much more popular than in Japan (and some of my European friends agree as well). The most obvious answer would be "because they happen in 'murica", but that's a bit short with how wide the reception gap is.
Stone Ocean has some terrible stuff and is inconsistent as hell but I can't think of it as being overall bad, but i imagine it would be crushing to read it through weekly and not binging it, I like Jolyne, she's a breath of fresh air to any girl that likes shounen and she shouldn't feel so but that's sorta how the world is, having said that i can barely remember most of the fights in that part... I'm hoping anime fixes the pacing, there's some real potential there and room for improvement :/

I totally get the argument about the american hype for sbr though... it's the only real reason i see for some folks in reddit hyping valentine that much, and it scares me a bit. I think i'd love itmuch more if i liked wild west stories, but i had a friend that LOVES them be disappointed by that part so :/

Where did you stop at Jojolion? I got a friend snoozing through it that went to full hype mode once Jobin appeared so i wanna say "give it a chance" but idk if that will be useless lol

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
stone ocean is my favourite for the cast and setting of the finale, but it has little else over the other parts.

jojolion has only recently, chapter-wise, gotten my full attention. that thing are now building up and really moving forward has helped it a lot. like shigechi "vs" kira in part 4.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I can understand how any part after 5 would be insufferable to read week to week or month to month, but I binged part 6 and most of part 7, D4C had just started when I caught up with it.

And I think those are fantastic as long reads. But definitely not as chapter to chapter.

I dropped off Jojolion for the same reason. I know I'll love jojolion in one shot, but not as a chapter to chapter series.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I can understand how any part after 5 would be insufferable to read week to week or month to month, but I binged part 6 and most of part 7, D4C had just started when I caught up with it.

And I think those are fantastic as long reads. But definitely not as chapter to chapter.

I dropped off Jojolion for the same reason. I know I'll love jojolion in one shot, but not as a chapter to chapter series.
Yeah, I read part 7 chapter to chapter and it was really painful. I liked it much more when I reread it later on. I bet part 8 will be less confusing when read in one go as well.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Only perks of reading jojolion right now is if you got some friends that are willying to do theorycraft with you, otherwise the wait between chapters is unbearable =/
I imagine that's like watching gravity falls weekly and trying to do crack cyphers vs. watching it in one go and being happy

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed.

The first time I watched it I thought it was short yet long if that makes any sense. The fact they got to Bruno was insane with how short time they had. It was then I knew the season will be amazing. Even the stuff I didn't like before watching like no Gangster's Paradise or Pink Giorno turned out to be great. Especially Giorno's colour palette which is now his official look in my eyes.

David Pro are truly the perfect studio for this series.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Agreed.

The first time I watched it I thought it was short yet long if that makes any sense. The fact they got to Bruno was insane with how short time they had. It was then I knew the season will be amazing. Even the stuff I didn't like before watching like no Gangster's Paradise or Pink Giorno turned out to be great. Especially Giorno's colour palette which is now his official look in my eyes.

David Pro are truly the perfect studio for this series.
man, they had SO MUCH STUFF to adapt and still managed to cram original content in that episode...
they summarised the whole setting in less than 3 minutes, even:

I N S A N E

I need this in my life, araki pls

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
wow squalo and tiziano's episodes happened over a month ago. I don't know why but it feels like only a couple weeks at most since those episodes. Time's going by so fast for me I guess.

I both do and don't want time to go by fast for the rest of these episodes. On the one hand I see some of my fave moments faster, on the other hand jojo part 5 comes to an end sooner.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
wow squalo and tiziano's episodes happened over a month ago. I don't know why but it feels like only a couple weeks at most since those episodes. Time's going by so fast for me I guess.

I both do and don't want time to go by fast for the rest of these episodes. On the one hand I see some of my fave moments faster, on the other hand jojo part 5 comes to an end sooner.
Ijust wanna know if they'll fuck up the opening a bit after abbachio dies and whether they'll animate his last moments cause the manga kinda skipped what he did

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017

I miss Squalo and Tiziano. Those two are underappreciated in the grand scheme of minor JoJo antagonists.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Ijust wanna know if they'll fuck up the opening a bit after abbachio dies and whether they'll animate his last moments cause the manga kinda skipped what he did
Do you mean like change the opening to reflect abbacchio's death? That'd be cool if they did! And yeah I hope they animate it as well. It'd be great for that to be shown, but I wonder if they'd do it as kinda like a mini flashback scene once giorno figures out what abbacchio does. Oh man we're getting so close to Friday, I'm not ready

I miss Squalo and Tiziano. Those two are underappreciated in the grand scheme of minor JoJo antagonists.
I miss them too! They've got great designs, great personalities, their relationship is very fun to watch. In a season full of very effective villain pairings, I think they're my fave. Prosciutto and Pesci, and cioccolata and secco are great too though for what they are meant to do

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Do you mean like change the opening to reflect abbacchio's death? That'd be cool if they did! And yeah I hope they animate it as well. It'd be great for that to be shown, but I wonder if they'd do it as kinda like a mini flashback scene once giorno figures out what abbacchio does. Oh man we're getting so close to Friday, I'm not ready
Yeah, Traitor's Requiem always seemed to me a bit too "victorious" considering how dire the later episodes of the part will be, so I always ondered if the King Crimson'd version of it is going to "skip" the parts the good guys won and have KC fuck up with it, but i've been wrong before

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
-Is Jobin Bad.

I don't think Jobin's "bad," but he is probably JoJolion's main antagonist. Everything points to him. Araki's been drawing parallels between him and Josuke for some time now, some of them rather subtle (e.g. Josuke, as Norisuke once explained, is a "yanki," preferring the comfort of soft, fluffy toys—like teddy bears—to that of cold, mechanical robots, which we've seen Jobin admiring in his room). He's also one of the most fleshed out characters in JoJolion, arguably even more so than Josuke or Yasuho.

But let's take a moment and review. Tsurugi, who is obviously rather important to Jobin's character arc, had a ten-chapter introduction, filling us in on the Higashikata family's history with the rock disease and establishing the stakes for Jobin (i.e. Tsurugi's fate and Norisuke's plan to sacrifice himself to save him). Jobin then had a six-chapter introductory arc of his own focusing on his connection to the Rock Humans, who were obviously being set up as a villain group. The next arc returns to Tsurugi and Yasuho's perspective as they continue their investigation of Jobin, who they confirm is working with the Rock Humans. (That's twenty chapters—twenty months in a row, barring any hiatuses that may have taken place during that period—of setup for Jobin! To put things in perspective, that's, like, nine, maybe ten episodes of anime.)

After that, Jobin and Tsurugi take a backseat while Josuke deals with the rest of the Rock Human smuggling crew (i.e. the A. Phex Brothers and Damo), and then Jobin begins actively conspiring against him behind the scenes (with Dolomite and then Poor Tom), sometimes even getting his own hands dirty (like when he attacked Yasuho).

There are other things to consider, as well: Jobin's had several flashbacks, most of them exploring his relationship with his mother and father, and the effect they—and their differing principles—had on his psychological development; his Stand has additional powers that have yet to be revealed, probably because he isn't even aware of them himself; and finally, his wife Mitsuba—who used to be a complete non-factor—has recently become one of the most important side characters in JoJolion, just in time for her husband's conflict with Josuke to come to a head.

Oh yeah, and he's currently in possession of the thing our protagonist has been searching for the last two years.

No one else has enough character development to rival the emotional weight Jobin would bring to a final confrontation with Josuke, and I don't believe there's enough time left to establish that with another character, nor would it make sense, thematically (given the subject matter explored in JoJolion).

(It's also a simple but clever inversion of Phantom Blood, in that the adopted child, Josuke, is the JoJo, and the biological child is the one conspiring against the family.)

As for the Wall Eyes, they haven't been forgotten; they're central to the story even now. Remember, the only reason everyone's after this specific Rokakaka branch—or the "new Rokakaka," as they call it—is because it was grown near the Wall Eyes, causing it to develop new powers (if Josefumi's speculation is correct), and the Rock Humans, even if they can reproduce that result themselves, don't want anyone else getting their hands on it. The Wall Eyes themselves are likely the result of the Holy Corpse, which, somehow, is still in Morioh. How did it get left behind, and what happened to it since then? That, I'm afraid, isn't clear.

To address your other questions: I believe "The Legend of Johnny Joestar," including what ultimately happened to the Holy Corpse, is incomplete, and the head doctor, Satoru Akefu, may be the Rock Human who killed him (that is, the boulder that crushed his head). While it is true that at 89 years old, he's closer in age to Joseph, Rock Humans hibernate for long periods of time, slowing down the aging process, so who knows. (He's certainly the only Rock Human old enough to have been there at the time, at least that we know of.) Now Diego, on the other hand, I don't think has anything to do with JoJolion, so I wouldn't get your hopes up there, and there being a Rock Human JoJo seems unlikely, since Rock Humans are biologically incompatible with humans.

Overall, I wouldn't worry. Araki's got this. For the most part. (I still have no idea what to make of Karera.)

Last edited:

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
1. I binged the manga in one go, so I definitely didn't consider the time factor. Yeah, Jobin's role is pretty huge in that case, 2 years focus for what would not turn out to be the antagonist would leave anything else feeling anticlimactic for sure.
2. An inversion of Phantom Blood definitely sounds likely, as its the earliest part of Jojo, compared to the latest part which is Jojolion.
3. I forgot that the new Rokakaka branch is so special because of the Wall Eyes. Thinking it over, I wonder if its going to act like the Requiem attribute of the Stand Arrows. For example, we know that the fruit has the ability of equivalent exchange. Further more it cures the rock disease, but that in so far is less relevant in this theory. What is interesting is that the new strand allows equivalent exchange by sacrificing another person, allowing them to fuse. I think that is the key to gaining a requiem stand, perhaps you can sacrifice your stand to gain an entirely new powered up version of it.
4. What is interesting and I think ties into this theory is that Zombie Jesus bit Josuke, but we know now that he had his stand from before. So yeah, I think at some point he is going to eat for a 2nd time the new strand, sacrifice Soft and Wet, and unlock Crazy Diamond, which has been laying dormant this whole time.
5. Meanwhile for the rock humans, I think the new strand will deal with the curative properties of the fruit. What else would make them stronger than losing all the disadvantages of being a rock human? Sacrifice some humans here and there, keep the long life and durability of their species, but lose the hibernation and inability to blend in with the human population.

Thanks for putting it like that, things seem much clearer for me now.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I forgot that crazy diamond can sorta do what the rokaka fruit can't, i mean, it returns stuff to their original form, so it's pretty much a removal skill... removes sicknesses, damage, restores cut flesh, and it's... far too op for post SBR stands

I wouldn't rule out Caato as an antagonist though, despite Jobin being the focus for two years you gotta consider everything he is was because of her pulling out strings and teaching him to be this way, you learn a lot about her through him and vice versa. He'll need to step up his game if he's gonna be the main baddie(he is going on that direction but still feels like a red herring sometimes), right now it feels like he's an rpg antagonist that'll be replaced by the inevitable final boss god deity showing up at the last minute *shrug*

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
This is gonna be pretty rambly probably, but I was just thinking about Giorno and his connection to Dio and how very little there is with overt references to being Dio's son past the like first 4 episodes. Like with Josuke you can see lots of his personality from Joseph in the later half of part 4, and Jolyne's story revolves a lot around helping Jotaro so there's more obvious connections there. Part 5 is fairly separated from any other jojo part so there's less noticeable familial connections. So I see lots of people complain about how little Giorno reflects Dio and I can see how interesting it'd be if Giorno was a little more Dio-like. But also at the same time that just doesn't fit his character, and like I really like how separated part 5 is. It gives all these characters more time to shine rather than being overshadowed by like Jotaro or whoever being involved in the plot. Also, Giorno has two dads technically, Dio and Jonathan, and so he reflects both which is very easily seen in the 4th episode. And it's reflected more subtly throughout the rest of the part, his personality is very much a mix of both.

Man idk I was thinking of this but I don't know how to write out my thoughts very well right now ;_; Hopefully this made sense maybe ???

Anyways I just love the familial aspects of jojo and I find analyzing Giorno's situation to be very interesting because it's fairly different from Josuke's and Jolyne's.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact Giorno never knew his father makes it difficult to trace any nurturing influence for him... It's all about Nature as far as genealogy is concerned.
And the way Giorno kills Ciocolatta is really the fusion of Jonathan and Dio's influence. The reasonning to punish him is Jonathan, the way to punish him is Dio. It's the mix of both that makes Giorno his own unique character.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
The fact Giorno never knew his father makes it difficult to trace any nurturing influence for him... It's all about Nature as far as genealogy is concerned.
And the way Giorno kills Ciocolatta is really the fusion of Jonathan and Dio's influence. The reasonning to punish him is Jonathan, the way to punish him is Dio. It's the mix of both that makes Giorno his own unique character.
That's a nice way to put it I agree! That moment really is one of Giorno's most iconic moments, it reflects his character really nicely, and yeah it does also show the mixture of both his dads. I think having him be too much like Dio just wouldn't work, and having that mixture does make him more unique. And while he is a mix of both, he does have his own traits as well that makes him who he is, his own character. The other two kid jojos are their own characters as well, not just reflections of their dads, but sometimes I think Giorno gets the most flack for not being enough like his dad, if that makes sense.

Giorno is lots of fun imo and I don't think I realized it enough while I read the manga unfortunately. But thankfully the anime has been doing really well with his character.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I kinda like how they Gio isn't defined by his dad, while still having some of his personality traits... JadedWriter posted a link in the anim thread some pages ago that sums up his situation nicely(but i can't grab it rn sorry) but basically, we are lead to think Giorno gonna be pretty bad, he's seen stealingstuff from people, he had one of the crappiest childhoods within bruno's group(only losing to fugo's tbh) and on top of that he's son of evil incarnated himself, so when you see this guy fighting all these first impressions, all the stuff destiny put in his way in order for him to turn bad and managin to be a pretty nice guy with a noble go you have these ideas wrecked.

He might be the son of Dio but he was shown another way his life could go, and unlike dio, he embraced it, Dio had a shot of making stuff better when he got adopted by the joestars but all he felt for that family was spite despite getting all love in the world, after all.

I've been watching the first episodes again and giorno is more of an adorable smug dude than the badass that's shown later, i wished he got some alone time more cause its the only moments you can see a trace of jonathan in him lol, but it's very fitting of the character his ability to be his own self and not just a shade of these two

Oct 25, 2017
This is gonna be pretty rambly probably, but I was just thinking about Giorno and his connection to Dio and how very little there is with overt references to being Dio's son past the like first 4 episodes. Like with Josuke you can see lots of his personality from Joseph in the later half of part 4, and Jolyne's story revolves a lot around helping Jotaro so there's more obvious connections there. Part 5 is fairly separated from any other jojo part so there's less noticeable familial connections. So I see lots of people complain about how little Giorno reflects Dio and I can see how interesting it'd be if Giorno was a little more Dio-like. But also at the same time that just doesn't fit his character, and like I really like how separated part 5 is. It gives all these characters more time to shine rather than being overshadowed by like Jotaro or whoever being involved in the plot. Also, Giorno has two dads technically, Dio and Jonathan, and so he reflects both which is very easily seen in the 4th episode. And it's reflected more subtly throughout the rest of the part, his personality is very much a mix of both.

Man idk I was thinking of this but I don't know how to write out my thoughts very well right now ;_; Hopefully this made sense maybe ???

Anyways I just love the familial aspects of jojo and I find analyzing Giorno's situation to be very interesting because it's fairly different from Josuke's and Jolyne's.
Giorno will either make you want to fight for him with his charism...or end you. He's such a subtle mix of both Dio and Jonathan and I think that's why I like him so much. He's the subtext Jojo and you really can't trace how he is to how he grew up in a way.
I kinda like how they Gio isn't defined by his dad, while still having some of his personality traits... JadedWriter posted a link in the anim thread some pages ago that sums up his situation nicely(but i can't grab it rn sorry) but basically, we are lead to think Giorno gonna be pretty bad, he's seen stealingstuff from people, he had one of the crappiest childhoods within bruno's group(only losing to fugo's tbh) and on top of that he's son of evil incarnated himself, so when you see this guy fighting all these first impressions, all the stuff destiny put in his way in order for him to turn bad and managin to be a pretty nice guy with a noble go you have these ideas wrecked.

He might be the son of Dio but he was shown another way his life could go, and unlike dio, he embraced it, Dio had a shot of making stuff better when he got adopted by the joestars but all he felt for that family was spite despite getting all love in the world, after all.

I've been watching the first episodes again and giorno is more of an adorable smug dude than the badass that's shown later, i wished he got some alone time more cause its the only moments you can see a trace of jonathan in him lol, but it's very fitting of the character his ability to be his own self and not just a shade of these two
Giorno will steal back your wallet because he's nice, but also take a little bit of a fee because well...because he's not purely good, he's just Giorno.