• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm laughing and crying at the same time
I'm just surprised that the only person that has managed to outlive his dedo podre has been Koichi. All of the others either die or go home to be a family cheese.

The dumb part is that, the only person in part 6 that lives might be the one he ends up liking the most.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm just surprised that the only person that has managed to outlive his dedo podre has been Koichi. All of the others either die or go home to be a family cheese.

The dumb part is that, the only person in part 6 that lives might be the one he ends up liking the most.
That's cause koichi only gets worse (well, generic) as time goes on and we can't have nice things, if Narancia became a boring badass he'd be spared

And yeah dude's gonna be very happy in part 6, can't imagine he liking the rest of the cast D:

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Sooo I finally finished part 6 and I want to write out my thoughts. This might end up getting long.

Alright so what I liked: Jolyne!!! Jolyne was an amazing jojo. My 2nd fave jojo, she was badass, had a great personality, and I just really enjoyed reading about her. Hermes and Foo Fighters were also great, and I really really liked them as well. Weather Report was kinda meh for most of it, but he did get very interesting near the end, and I thought his power was cool! Pucci was a fantastic villain. Definitely in my top 3. His backstory, his motivations, his actions, his stand powers. Everything about him was very interesting and entertaining to read about, and I think Araki did really well with writing him. I felt like the ending, like from the start of heavy weather until the end of the part, was very good. It was intense and had great emotions and stand fighting. It made me very sad even though I knew that ending was gonna happen lol.

What I didn't like: Overall I'd say the plot wasn't the best. I found the plot structure really weird. That doesn't effect my overall enjoyment, because I'm much more about characters than plot, but I still think the plot could've been much better. Like the motivations for Jolyne and other characters was well executed, and Pucci's actions were well done, but the plot structure overall was pretty disjointed. Annasui was lame and I found myself annoyed whenever he had any prominent moments. Like I wish he had a completely different personality, he's one of the first main characters who's in the protagonist group that I actually really dislike. Even in other parts if I didn't care too much about a main character I didn't dislike them. Emporio was just kind of there. Like I didn't care about him, and when it was just him alive at the end I found myself rooting for Pucci because I actually cared about Pucci. And I found until it got to the heavy weather fight the main cast wasn't really a group in the way I wanted them to be. Also I wish Jolyne would've been the one to finish off Pucci.

I didn't care much at all for Jotaro in part 3, but in part 4 I found myself liking him a lot more. He's fantastic in part 4. And in part 6 I really liked him as well, to the point where I got happy when he showed up at the end and really sad when he died. I almost kind of wanted him to have more of a role in this part, at least more than Annasui or Emporio.

Despite all that part 6 is probably my 3rd or 4th favourite part. This post might seem more negative than positive but I did enjoy my time reading Stone Ocean, and it's one of my fave parts. I'm looking forward to the anime now!!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Sooo I finally finished part 6 and I want to write out my thoughts. This might end up getting long.

Alright so what I liked: Jolyne!!! Jolyne was an amazing jojo. My 2nd fave jojo, she was badass, had a great personality, and I just really enjoyed reading about her. Hermes and Foo Fighters were also great, and I really really liked them as well. Weather Report was kinda meh for most of it, but he did get very interesting near the end, and I thought his power was cool! Pucci was a fantastic villain. Definitely in my top 3. His backstory, his motivations, his actions, his stand powers. Everything about him was very interesting and entertaining to read about, and I think Araki did really well with writing him. I felt like the ending, like from the start of heavy weather until the end of the part, was very good. It was intense and had great emotions and stand fighting. It made me very sad even though I knew that ending was gonna happen lol.

What I didn't like: Overall I'd say the plot wasn't the best. I found the plot structure really weird. That doesn't effect my overall enjoyment, because I'm much more about characters than plot, but I still think the plot could've been much better. Like the motivations for Jolyne and other characters was well executed, and Pucci's actions were well done, but the plot structure overall was pretty disjointed. Annasui was lame and I found myself annoyed whenever he had any prominent moments. Like I wish he had a completely different personality, he's one of the first main characters who's in the protagonist group that I actually really dislike. Even in other parts if I didn't care too much about a main character I didn't dislike them. Emporio was just kind of there. Like I didn't care about him, and when it was just him alive at the end I found myself rooting for Pucci because I actually cared about Pucci. And I found until it got to the heavy weather fight the main cast wasn't really a group in the way I wanted them to be. Also I wish Jolyne would've been the one to finish off Pucci.

I didn't care much at all for Jotaro in part 3, but in part 4 I found myself liking him a lot more. He's fantastic in part 4. And in part 6 I really liked him as well, to the point where I got happy when he showed up at the end and really sad when he died. I almost kind of wanted him to have more of a role in this part, at least more than Annasui or Emporio.

Despite all that part 6 is probably my 3rd or 4th favourite part. This post might seem more negative than positive but I did enjoy my time reading Stone Ocean, and it's one of my fave parts. I'm looking forward to the anime now!!
Stone ocean is underrated, even if that part got to my nerves at some point i can't call any part with a set of characters that includes the girl trio and pucci bad, it really went downhill when they started adding the boys to the party though D: but i like how strong the final fight was, at least when i was reading it x-x
It's flawed af but i really cherish this part, i feel like it was a neat way to close old jojoverse, annasui aside.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Stone ocean is underrated, even if that part got to my nerves at some point i can't call any part with a set of characters that includes the girl trio and pucci bad, it really went downhill when they started adding the boys to the party though D: but i like how strong the final fight was, at least when i was reading it x-x
It's flawed af but i really cherish this part, i feel like it was a neat way to close old jojoverse, annasui aside.
Yeah that's all really similar to how I feel too!!

The final fight was very good! I even think heavy weather was a great fight and I know how infamous that fight is for the wacky stand power. But yeah, C-Moon and Made in Heaven were very entertaining. The moment when Jotaro shows up to save Jolyne I almost cheered because 1) I thought that was a pretty cool entrance for Jotaro to come back and 2) Hermes helped out and was awesome and I was so worried she was going to be forgotten about. I like when she and Jolyne got focus and cool moments. I feel like Hermes is very underrated, at least from what I've personally seen, but I don't see enough of her and I really liked her personality and character.

Pucci was great! Jolyne was great! I noticed tons of moments where I was either confused or just kinda not interested in what was happening, or thought that it could've been written better, but the characters made up for it a lot. Also I didn't think the plot overall was bad. Like Pucci's motivations were well written, and the reasons for why Jolyne would go after him was very good as well. A good portion of the fights were interesting and fun to read, but there was also quite a few that I think weren't needed or were just weird.

But overall it was fun!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think all my friends complained about the manga shoving hermes aside for idk how many chapters because of an injury or something lol if bruno didn't exist she'd be my favorite "joBro" and she could have had a bit more screentime smh.

I hope anime does something to fix the pacing a bit and maybe make the part more consistently good, some bad fights could at least be made shorter or better looking.

Some villains there are just batshit insane, like guess and that jailhouse rock lady, ironically my least favorite fights involved the sons of dio afair, they don't deserve to be related to the joestars

And i feel the same about Jotaro, Araki is a madmen for making me like him, after readjng that part i actually rewatched most of part 3 but got invested on it this time

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hermes is a great character that's sadly poorly used. She's often just the jobber that gets hit by the enemy so we can see his power before Jolyne or someone else come in and win the fight.
I still like her, but she doesn't have anything to do once she's done Sports Maxx. Maybe that fight should have ended in a double K.O. Hermes would probably be reminded more foundly had she died there.
Or she could have gotten a power-up, she'd die but somewhat absorb some of Limp Bizkit to come back to life and get something easier to use than Kiss, like invisibility or anything that could make her relevant in battle.
She was great in ASB too. She was in ASB! That game was not all bad.

Pucci and Jolyne are indeed great. The best scene of part 6 is probably the fight between them at night in the grass, with the green baby. Fantastic moment.
FF is <3 even though her power doesn't really go anywhere. I like Dragon's Dream battle quite a lot.

Aaand I think that's all the good I can say about part 6!

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Why am I cursed with having my fave jobro of each part being the one most underused. Avdol, okuyasu, Hermes, hot pants. Luckily I love Bruno and he gets lots of screen time.

The sons of dio were very weird yeah. I liked Versace but then I felt he overstayed his welcome when he got involved in the heavy weather fight.

And the moment where jolyne handcuffs herself to pucci is one of my top fave moments of all of jojo.

Also I read part 6 over such a long period of time that I forget a lot of the minor details of the earlier section. But pucci and weather report both have stars right? And that's how jolyne is able to sense them. I still don't get that, that's so weird to me, I think I need to go back and reread those sections. I don't know if I even remembered that correctly tbh. Did the sons of dio have stars? I should just go back and read it lol.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
FF is <3 even though her power doesn't really go anywhere.
Hey, now. She was a great healer(for some inexplicable reason) until stone free evilved to become part 7's horse string :p
Why am I cursed with having my fave jobro of each part being the one most underused. Avdol, okuyasu, Hermes, hot pants. Luckily I love Bruno and he gets lots of screen time.

The sons of dio were very weird yeah. I liked Versace but then I felt he overstayed his welcome when he got involved in the heavy weather fight.

And the moment where jolyne handcuffs herself to pucci is one of my top fave moments of all of jojo.

Also I read part 6 over such a long period of time that I forget a lot of the minor details of the earlier section. But pucci and weather report both have stars right? And that's how jolyne is able to sense them. I still don't get that, that's so weird to me, I think I need to go back and reread those sections. I don't know if I even remembered that correctly tbh. Did the sons of dio have stars? I should just go back and read it lol.
we got the same jobro list rip(though hot pants is more because i consider gyro the part 7 mc but even then she isn't that close to the duo anyway)

I think weather got the star because of his connection to pucci but i'm not sure, i read that part so damn fast during christmas vacation that became a blur in my head.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see how they improve on Part 6.

Also FF deserved better. God damn you Araki, FF should have somehow lived in the new universe.

"Narancia better not be next."
I understood that reference.

The best (worst) part about it is that it comes out of nowhere. Like damn. I remember thinking he got knocked out and will live only for the manga to just continue on and tell us he died. It was truly insane.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Will be interesting to see how they improve on Part 6.

Also FF deserved better. God damn you Araki, FF should have somehow lived in the new universe.

I understood that reference.

The best (worst) part about it is that it comes out of nowhere. Like damn. I remember thinking he got knocked out and will live only for the manga to just continue on and tell us he died. It was truly insane.
Two instances araki was unfairly cruel to characters that were gone too soon

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I really want a poster of this cover for my study. It's always been one of my favorites and I have wall space that would look better with JoJo lol.

latest

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Aye but I dunno what my fav FF pic is
We all know best FF image is her slurping water from the ground

Second best i guess woulde be a cover with only the main trio

That goes to the pile of annasui ruins everything, i love the cover image you posted but i'd burn his face and glue a ff sticker where he's standing

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
im gonna start part 8 soon, once I catch up I think I'm gonna go back and read parts 1-4. I've only watched the anime of those parts, so I'm interested to see how the manga compares. I already know of some differences (like how part 4 meshed 4 different story arcs together from the manga to make July 15th).

I actually started reading the beginning of part 1 like... in summer of 2018 but stopped to focus on other non-anime parts. The anime dropped a lot of little scenes. Honestly, imo, the first 3 episodes of part 1 are really solid. Like they're really good, I love the fast pace of them. I think part 1 slows down quite a bit after episode 4, but episodes 1-3 are very good. I instantly got interested in the show after those episodes.

I completely understand why part 3 dio is the most popular dio. It makes perfect sense. But honestly, imo, part 1 dio is a great villain. He's fairly simple in comparison to Kira or pucci, but it works really well for that part. If Diego didn't exist part 1 dio would be my fave dio.

Last edited:

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
this right here.

This is the best trio pic

latest
I love them. If only foo fighters lasted until the end of the part ;_;

Imagine Hermes, foo fighters and jolyne fighting at the end against pucci. Even add in Jotaro and weather there if there needs to be more characters, I'd be fine with that. That would've been perfect ending.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
im gonna start part 8 soon, once I catch up I think I'm gonna go back and read parts 1-4. I've only watched the anime of those parts, so I'm interested to see how the manga compares. I already know of some differences (like how part 4 meshed 4 different story arcs together from the manga to make July 15th).

I actually started reading the beginning of part 1 like... in summer of 2018 but stopped to focus on other non-anime parts. The anime dropped a lot of little scenes. Honestly, imo, the first 3 episodes of part 1 are really solid. Like they're really good, I love the fast pace of them. I think part 1 slows down quite a bit after episode 4, but episodes 1-3 are very good. I instantly got interested in the show after those episodes.

I completely understand why part 3 dio is the most popular dio. It makes perfect sense. But honestly, imo, part 1 dio is a great villain. He's fairly simple in comparison to Kira or pucci, but it works really well for that part. If Diego didn't exist part 1 dio would be my fave dio.

I still put Part 1 among my favorite Jojo parts, and a lot of that is because Dio Brando is a spectacular asshole

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I still put Part 1 among my favorite Jojo parts, and a lot of that is because Dio Brando is a spectacular asshole
I wanna go back and rewatch part 1 at some point because I feel like maybe I put it so low on my list just because it was so short and not as fresh in my mind as these later parts. I still think the middle couple episodes are kinda weak, but the beginning and ending are very good!!

I think my fave first episode of any part is part 5's, but my fave first three episodes as a combination from any part would be from part 1. And yeah Dio really is excellent as an antagonist. He's just so fun is how awful he is. And he shines a lot in phantom blood.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
this right here.

latest
Araki(or his editors idk) totally ruined perfection the moment the boys came in ;-; i miss my girls

Dio Brando is a great villain, i still like diego a bit more but Dio Brando made part 1 go total mexican soap opera and i TOTALLY LOVE IT. but damn, DIO was a major letdown, part 3 murdered DIO and nerfed Joseph, that part must be cursed

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
The moment in episode 1 where dio jumps out of the carriage, strikes a pose, and there's menacing sound effects near him is like the first most defining moment of what jojo (and dio himself) is about.

Yeah honestly the more I'm typing and the more I'm reading other posts I'm gaining more appreciation for phantom blood dio and now I want to rewatch haha.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The moment in episode 1 where dio jumps out of the carriage, strikes a pose, and there's menacing sound effects near him is like the first most defining moment of what jojo (and dio himself) is about.

Yeah honestly the more I'm typing and the more I'm reading other posts I'm gaining more appreciation for phantom blood dio and now I want to rewatch haha.
I liked phantom blood a lot, it's far from peak jojo but it's a nice way to grab people in imo, i dont even like putting it in part ranks cause you just cant make justice to it

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I liked phantom blood a lot, it's far from peak jojo but it's a nice way to grab people in imo, i dont even like putting it in part ranks cause you just cant make justice to it
Yeah phantom blood is fun, and has lots of great memorable moments. It does feel fairly different from other parts but it makes sense since it's the first part and uses hamon not stands.

I wonder what phantom blood (and part 2) would be like with stands, but I almost kind of like it more with hamon. Or maybe that's just what I'm used to!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah phantom blood is fun, and has lots of great memorable moments. It does feel fairly different from other parts but it makes sense since it's the first part and uses hamon not stands.

I wonder what phantom blood (and part 2) would be like with stands, but I almost kind of like it more with hamon. Or maybe that's just what I'm used to!
Fun game: pretend Joseph's luck is based on him having an intel stand that was really good and got dumbed down with age. Just remember he only used Hermit Purple to guess someone else's next lines because he's a dumbass

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
My favourite panel is in Phantom Blood. It's the one where Zeppeli and Dio are fighting on the cliffs and Zeppeli jumped in with the punch. The ridiculous way both of them look in that moment will stick with me forever. Not even the anime matched it.

Oct 25, 2017
this right here.

latest
These girls had so much synergy and then it gets fucked up when they add Anansui.

Phantom Blood is very fun. I like it in manga and anime form. I just can never read Part 2. I know what's going to happen in it and I just don't love the cast. It's carried solely by Joseph "Bullshit" Joestar.
My favourite panel is in Phantom Blood. It's the one where Zeppeli and Dio are fighting on the cliffs and Zeppeli jumped in with the punch. The ridiculous way both of them look in that moment will stick with me forever. Not even the anime matched it.
If I remember that panel right Dio is fucking jacked and one of his arms his straight huge.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Part 3 DIO has lots of fun moments, like road roller and za warldo, but he's just not shown enough sadly. I wish he got more time to shine. He's got great moments near the end though, except other than road roller I don't like him that much in the last episode.

But I love his design and move set in all star battle. If I ever got the chance to play that game I think I'd constantly play as DIO he looks like a lot of fun. Love his strut!

And that Caesar pose will always be funny to me. I love when jojo characters pose in totally unrealistic ways

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just can never read Part 2. I know what's going to happen in it and I just don't love the cast. It's carried solely by Joseph "Bullshit" Joestar.
Personally, I don't like the allies. Joseph, Caesar, Lisalisa and Broken are just not interesting.
The pillar men, however, are interesting if only for the idea of super-powered pre-human humanity using zombies as tools. Esidisi and Wammu in particular are cool
(Also, Esidisi is playable in ASB. We could play Esidisi vs Hermes! How cool was that! Who could have imagined this! That game had so much for it).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
..I kinda wanna post the frames of fighting gold that foreshadowed Abbachio's death in the anime thread, but I don't wanna open a pandora box there cause if someone catches the black sillouette thing... >_>