• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

So DTL likes Secco, huh. I kinda didn't see that one coming, voice thing aside

It's totally because of the VA, KENN does some wholesome pretty boy roles, and is a pretty man himself

Nice weather report art but why the hell is this person starting from the worst characters?(unlessthere's one for jolyne and i missed it)

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There are still 5 days left until the Rokakaka harvest. The entirety of Vento Aureo took place in 8 days lol

If the anime schedule keeps on trucking, do you think Jojolion will be done before Part 7 finishes airing? If so they can just keep on going right?

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the anime schedule keeps on trucking, do you think Jojolion will be done before Part 7 finishes airing? If so they can just keep on going right?

Oh, definitely. It'll probably be another two years before we even see Stone Ocean adapted. Assuming David Production takes off another year or two before starting production on Steel Ball Run—which I suspect will be split into two seasons, each with 24 or 26 episodes—JoJolion will be finished well before they get anywhere near it. Part 9, if it happens, is the one we need to worry about.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Part 8 crew, do you guys think we'll even get a part 9?

I've been thinking a lot and idk if araki would keep this up for ten more years xD

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017

I've been thinking a lot and idk if araki would keep this up for ten more years xD
I was thinking about this several months ago and eventually grew to accept the possibility that Part 8 could be JoJo's final chapter.

At the same time, however, Araki strikes me as the type of person who probably has a bunch of ideas sitting on the shelf, waiting for the chance to see the light of day. I wouldn't be shocked if instead of Part 9, we get a bunch of Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan-esque one-shots in which Araki just highlights certain characters with no long-term, overarching plotline.

That being said, I really hope we see Part 9.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think so, no. JoJolion strikes me as Araki's "final word" on JoJo.

Remember, Diamond is Unbreakable is Araki's favorite part, or at least the one he's most fond of—he even mentioned wanting to return to it in an interview conducted while he was still writing Steel Ball Run—so I feel like he went back to Morioh, and this style of storytelling—where there's this central mystery and everything's deeply interconnected—to satisfy himself, perhaps in an effort to tie everything together, thematically. JoJolion, after all, does feel like it pulls from every other part, something that's been pointed out many times.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think so, no. JoJolion strikes me as Araki's "final word" on JoJo.

Remember, Diamond is Unbreakable is Araki's favorite part, or at least the one he's most fond of—he even mentioned wanting to return to it in an interview conducted while he was still writing Steel Ball Run—so I feel like he went back to Morioh, and this style of storytelling—where there's this central mystery and everything's deeply interconnected—to satisfy himself, perhaps in an effort to tie everything together, thematically. JoJolion, after all, does feel like it pulls from every other part, something that's been pointed out many times.
Yeah... that's kind of the impression i got... sure I still need more parts 5/6 throwbacks but once that's dealt with I think we might get something good for a finale...

He's even remembering things now

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
If Part 8 ends up being the last one, I REALLY hope that Araki delivers with the final villain.

We still don't know who it is for sure, and it would be a shame for the final Final Villain to underwhelm. Not that I expect them to, of course.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If Part 8 ends up being the last one, I REALLY hope that Araki delivers with the final villain.

We still don't know who it is for sure, and it would be a shame for the final Final Villain to underwhelm. Not that I expect them to, of course.

It's totally Jobin. No one can convince me otherwise at this point. There may be some minor villains they have to take care of along the way—such as Satoru, or Tooru, or Ojiro, or Kaato—but the endgame has always been Jobin. I reread all of JoJolion just last week, and it's really clear. I could see another character being the "final villain"—similar to when Dio showed up at the end of Steel Ball Run—but there's not a shred of doubt in my mind that Jobin is our main villain.

And personally, I think he's knocking it out of the park with Jobin. If he is the main villain, he's already one of my favorites.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
It's totally Jobin. No one can convince me otherwise at this point. There may be some minor villains they have to take care of along the way—such as Satoru, or Tooru, or Ojiro, or Kaato—but the endgame has always been Jobin. I reread all of JoJolion just last week, and it's really clear. I could see another character being the "final villain"—similar to when Dio showed up at the end of Steel Ball Run—but there's not a shred of doubt in my mind that Jobin is our main villain.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jobin ends up dead/incapacitated after a major battle with Josuke and then JoJolion comes to a close with Kaato making one final desperate attempt to avenge her son.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018

And personally, I think he's knocking it out of the park with Jobin. If he is the main villain, he's already one of my favorites.
I dunno.

Story wise it makes sense, but Speed King doesn't scream "final villain stand" at all, and to me, Jobin himself just lacks that spark that made all of the other final villains seem so cool and threatening. Maybe he'll get an upgrade from the Wall Eyes or Rokaka, but my money is still on Kaato since she's still one big mystery, Stand and all.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if Jobin ends up dead/incapacitated after a major battle with Josuke and then JoJolion comes to a close with Kaato making one final desperate attempt to avenge her son.

I could see that. I think another possibility is that Holly is much less innocent than we all think, and after being healed by the Rokakaka, we learn about some master plan she'd been working to implement behind the scenes—until she was incapacitated. She was, after all, the person who started the Rokakaka research at the hospital, and I somehow doubt that if both her son and her daughter have Stands, she doesn't.

Story wise it makes sense, but Speed King doesn't scream "final villain stand" at all, and to me, Jobin himself just lacks that spark that made all of the other final villains seem so cool and threatening. Maybe he'll get an upgrade from the Wall Eyes or Rokaka, but my money is still on Kaato since she's still one big mystery, Stand and all.

Well, we still don't know the full extent of Speed King's powers. If it doesn't just heat things up, and its abilities are actually tied to particle acceleration (as some have speculated), then that's incredibly broken... the kind of broken you'd expect from a JoJo finale. Kaato is a big mystery, to be sure, but she feels like a character who was introduced in service to other characters, specifically Jobin and Norisuke. Whereas Jobin seems to be Josuke's foil, Kaato appears to be Norisuke's.

Last edited:

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the final villain is or will become an equivalent exchanged human like Josuke.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think we know the villain, we just don't know they are the main villain yet

team Caato ftw fite me

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
The real main villain will be Bloodthirsty Bus Driver. He'll plow straight into the Higashikata household to finish what he started with Dainenjiyama.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think we know the villain, we just don't know they are the main villain yet

team Caato ftw fite me

When she was first introduced—right after Damo was defeated—I was sure that she was the main villain, but as time has gone by, and Jobin's role has only become more prominent (while hers has continued to diminish following the flashback to Jobin's youth), I've had to shift allegiances to team Jobin.

I think one thing we can all agree on, however, is that she'll be a major player in the final arc—regardless of whatever role she plays.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
When she was first introduced—right after Damo was defeated—I was sure that she was the main villain, but as time has gone by, and Jobin's role has only become more prominent (while hers has continued to diminish following the flashback to Jobin's youth), I've had to shift allegiances to team Jobin.

I think one thing we can all agree on, however, is that she'll be a major player in the final arc—regardless of whatever role she plays.
She taught Jobin all he knows, so i count him as a slight extension of her too, considering how much influence she still holds I'd not discard her yet, but she feels more like the one orchestrating stuff from behind the scenes

We don't know how long jojolion will last so I'd say there's time, Jobin needs to go a bit farther down to make the cut for me, so he's got time too xD

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
my part 9 pitch was already accepted by araki. got payment in the form of these nice little fruits. strange looking things

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Does part 5 have the most amount of dual stand battles or does that become more frequent with Part 7 or something?
Part 7 is a part about two guys traveling together so you see a lot of these

Part 8 is straight up hunter x hunter fight format applied to jojo so i don't even know where to start, even if you don't get many duo fights they'll always be 400IQ, but i remember seeing trios, duos and weird stuff sometimes

Part7 also has some 400IQ ones, but i feel like part 8 stands have way more conditions applied to them, except gappy's

Oct 25, 2017
Part 7 is a part about two guys traveling together so you see a lot of these

Part 8 is straight up hunter x hunter fight format applied to jojo so i don't even know where to start, even if you don't get many duo fights they'll always be 400IQ, but i remember seeing trios, duos and weird stuff sometimes

Part7 also has some 400IQ ones, but i feel like part 8 stands have way more conditions applied to them, except gappy's
Are they as good as the ones in Part 5?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Are they as good as the ones in Part 5?
It's a different kind of good, but yes.

Part 5 holds up well because of the group dynamics, parts 7 and 8 have legit 4D chess going on so they are a balanced version of the best of part 4 and 5 battle formats most of the time. If you feel they are subpar you'll most likely be missing the passione boys, because they make a lot of difference, not gonna lie lol

Araki also got better at using them to advance plot and provide character moments, so the "enemy of the week" schtick gets a bit weaker

Oct 25, 2017
They're up there. I think Golden Wind still has the best fights overall, at least so far, but Steel Ball Run and JoJolion are near the top of the pile in my personal ranking—as far as fights are concerned.
It's a different kind of good, but yes.

Part 5 holds up well because of the group dynamics, parts 7 and 8 have legit 4D chess going on so they are a balanced version of the best of part 4 and 5 battle formats most of the time. If you feel they are subpar you'll most likely be missing the passione boys, because they make a lot of difference, not gonna lie lol

Araki also got better at using them to advance plot and provide character moments, so the "enemy of the week" schtick gets a bit weaker
This is all good to know. I'll probably read Part 7 when the 5 anime is over. I'm probably not doing Jojolion till it's over though so who knows. Unless I just get impatient or something.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is all good to know. I'll probably read Part 7 when the 5 anime is over. I'm probably not doing Jojolion till it's over though so who knows. Unless I just get impatient or something.

You should just jump on board after you finish SBR. Half the fun is coming up with theories and trying to figure out where Araki's taking us on this wild, crazy ride. Plus, if you wait, you'll likely be waiting another two or three years. Maybe more, honestly.

Look at it this way—at least Araki's consistent. You won't have to worry about him taking a long hiatus.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think the only thing i miss in jojolion are the vines+bullet combos cause that stuff was so sick. I wished araki put more effort on doing stands that can be used together like this lol.

Since the parties on part 7-8 are not a huge group crafted where everyone has a specific function you might end up feeling like something's missing, so I'd say: don't have great expectations about combos but know that there will be more tricks and mindgames involved, specially for part 8, jojolion stands are bizzarre and you get a lot of fights solved without beatdowns :p

You should just jump on board after you finish SBR. Half the fun is coming up with theories and trying to figure out where Araki's taking us on this wild, crazy ride. Plus, if you wait, you'll likely be waiting another two or three years. Maybe more, honestly.
You're evil, but I agree lol

Oct 25, 2017
I probably will. I'm still reading AOT and it's not done yet.
I think the only thing i miss in jojolion are the vines+bullet combos cause that stuff was so sick. I wished araki put more effort on doing stands that can be used together like this lol.

Since the parties on part 7-8 are not a huge group crafted where everyone has a specific function you might end up feeling like something's missing, so I'd say: don't have great expectations about combos but know that there will be more tricks and mindgames involved, specially for part 8, jojolion stands are bizzarre and you get a lot of fights solved without beatdowns :p
I know very little about Part 8 stands. I've seen some xForts vids that make me very interested about Part 7 stands. I know how some of it ends already, but I really need to read the spectacle for myself.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You're evil, but I agree lol

What can I say? I just want more people to discuss it with lol

That, and I like living vicariously through others. I've enjoyed reading JadedWriter and other's commentary on the series as they've made their way through it for the first time.

I know very little about Part 8 stands. I've seen some xForts vids that make me very interested about Part 7 stands. I know how some of it ends already, but I really need to read the spectacle for myself.

Do yourself a favor, and don't watch any of his videos about JoJolion. They're filled with numerous errors, and his analysis is usually very... lacking, as he forgets more often than Araki.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Araki remembering shit is one of the biggest twists in a long time lol, even if Jojolion has an "okay" ending at this point it's probably overall a top 3 Jojo part just because some of the insane endings to fights

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Araki remembering shit is one of the biggest twists in a long time lol, even if Jojolion has an "okay" ending at this point it's probably overall a top 3 Jojo part just because some of the insane endings to fights

To his credit, he's "remembered" things a number of times during JoJolion. For instance, this wasn't even Ojiro's first reappearance, as he was also present in the flashback during the Vitamin C arc. And during that same flashback, Araki also included a line of dialogue referencing the hat that Kira bought at SBR—which we learn about from the hat salesman in chapter 2—just before he disappeared. Who knew Araki could recall such small, insignificant details? I almost get the feeling he rereads JoJolion every few months just to refresh his memory lol

Agreed on this probably being a top three JoJo part. I don't include it in my current ranking, since it's still incomplete, but I'd probably slot it in at third right now, and that's before we've even gotten to what's sure to be an insane finale.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
What can I say? I just want more people to discuss it with lol

That, and I like living vicariously through others. I've enjoyed reading JadedWriter and other's commentary on the series as they've made their way through it for the first time.

Do yourself a favor, and don't watch any of his videos about JoJolion. They're filled with numerous errors, and his analysis is usually very... lacking, as he forgets more often than Araki.
Lol i get the feeling, Jojolion is awesome but not everyone reads it so it makes it hard for theorycrafting stuffs >_<, i wished i reread it as much as p5 so i could at least help on that but i don't see myself changin until anime takes over so i'm sorta counting on you to do the fact checking lol(sorry ;; )

I have some issues with xForts cause of his valentine's video, and Meti defended Joshu so I gave him a huge unsub hammer, i think the only jojo youtuber that hasn't disappointed me(yet) is Kaleb D:

I probably will. I'm still reading AOT and it's not done yet.

Expect nothing from part 7, otherwise you'll be actually jaded at the end :p(it's not bad, but people on youtube hype it until you get to a point you won't be happy unless it's the best manga on earth and since the milleage may vary it can end up bad :/ ), i wanna reread it once i've forgot enough of it and see how it goes, if i kinda warmed up to part 3, i might really like 7 at the end :p

Oct 25, 2017
Expect nothing from part 7, otherwise you'll be actually jaded at the end :p(it's not bad, but people on youtube hype it until you get to a point you won't be happy unless it's the best manga on earth and since the milleage may vary it can end up bad :/ ), i wanna reread it once i've forgot enough of it and see how it goes, if i kinda warmed up to part 3, i might really like 7 at the end :p
i have already tried to read Part 7 and just couldn't get passed the first two chapters or something. It begins badly and coincided with a busy period at work so I dropped it and haven't bothered to pick it back up. I'm more in the mood for it now at least since Golden Wind has me excited for Jojo again.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
i have already tried to read Part 7 and just couldn't get passed the first two chapters or something. It begins badly and coincided with a busy period at work so I dropped it and haven't bothered to pick it back up. I'm more in the mood for it now at least since Golden Wind has me excited for Jojo again.
If it wasn't still ongoing i'd tell you to try JoJolion first, then SBR lol...SBR can work as a prologue to part 8 so it would help hyping up for that(maybe)but you don't wanna go back and forth between them x-x

SBR picks up a bit before Scary Monsters imo(vol4/5), which is when it went to a seinen magazine, it was a tough read for me because i don't really enjoy westerners but some fights make the ride worth it. I like this universe's mythology a bit better but half of the reason why is in jojolion ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Luckly Gyro works like some sort of Bruno character so you don't have to deal with Johnny as much as you'd usually do, Gyro is fun.

And believe me, for as much as I complain about this part, i still defend it should be read eventually, so that says something about its quality and all :p

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got myself some more Stardust Crusaders.

The Steely Dan beatdown is so good.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
Picked up the first volume of DiU at my local comic store (support local businesses!), and the guy at the register said "Tons of new stuff came out today, but all I seem to be selling is JoJo."

I suppose JJBA is getting popular in Bellingham.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the first volume of DiU at my local comic store (support local businesses!), and the guy at the register said "Tons of new stuff came out today, but all I seem to be selling is JoJo."

This bodes well, comrades.

I got told the same today when I went to Chapters. That JoJo was a hugely popular series that keeps selling out.

The comprehensive collections starting from Phantom Blood and the anime really let JoJo break through as a huge hit. I just wish the manga volumes came out monthly rather than every two or three months.

chairhome

Oct 27, 2017
Orlando
Went to Megacon in Orlando today, saw two Narancias, and a pair of girls dressed as jojo and Yasuho from jojolion. Sorry for no pics, I was too shy to ask.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I got told the same today when I went to Chapters. That JoJo was a hugely popular series that keeps selling out.

The comprehensive collections starting from Phantom Blood and the anime really let JoJo break through as a huge hit. I just wish the manga volumes came out monthly rather than every two or three months.
On the upside, the volumes we do get contain a lot more than the original tankobon. They look really nice on my shelf. I'm hoping to pick up the entirety of Stardust Crusaders once I get a job this summer (after spending said money on things I need to live, of course).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see that at least in america the jojo fever is picking up @-@, if Brazil ever gets to part 4 i believe we'll be in the middle of stone ocean anime i believe...

... i hope we get to 5
... or that by the time US starts selling part 5, buying anything in dollars becomes affordable again T-T

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the upside, the volumes we do get contain a lot more than the original tankobon. They look really nice on my shelf. I'm hoping to pick up the entirety of Stardust Crusaders once I get a job this summer (after spending said money on things I need to live, of course).

Oh yeah the presentation of the hardcovers is peak JoJo. The JoJoniums are great with their classic characters drawn in Araki's modern style, while Diamond is Unbreakable's is also styling.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Got the first volume of DiU at Barnes and Noble just the other Friday.

I almost forgot the moment where Josuke yells "MOSHI-MOOOOOSHI" at his Angelo-Stand-container much like how his dad did so during his prime years which the anime King Crimson'd

(Also my first ever job at the age of 26 is quite literally around the corner after taking on a 3-month trade school, which is a bit neat)

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
Just read the latest JoJolion chapter:

More new characters. And a reference to the first chapter

Edit:

Forgot to go back a page.

Last edited:

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Part 9 should be a tournament Arc.

I know it's overplayed but that would be some wild shit.