• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Stands working like hatsus with a set of rules and conditions is too HxH compared to pre part 7 jojo fuckery...

Oct 25, 2017
A3MPf4W.jpg

My brother went to a sushi place and found this on the menu lol

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Fights in part 8 are kind of wild. It doesn't help that there's not really a healer stand in the part either, so Josuke has to be a lot more careful and less forgiving. If he catches you, it's done.

Hell, even when other people do the finishers, they do some brutal fucking things.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Guys
Part 5 anime is ending soon

Now the wait for Part 6 begins

Please don't let it be too long a wait @o@

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Fights in part 8 are kind of wild. It doesn't help that there's not really a healer stand in the part either, so Josuke has to be a lot more careful and less forgiving. If he catches you, it's done.
Between having a healer stand or google-chan i'd go for google-chan at any day, so fun to watch Jojolion fights <3

Guys
Part 5 anime is ending soon

Now the wait for Part 6 begins

Please don't let it be too long a wait @o@
Calm down! we still have a lot of weeks of part 5's golden experience to go lol, let's enjoy it
I really hope they do a job just as good or even better on part 6, Jolyne deserved better than she got in the manga, but most of that can be fixed with better pacing, they can take as long as they want imo, it's "The end of jojo" after all...

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A quick reminder that Heritage For the Future was fucking insane. Such a shame that this got delisted before Part 3 aired

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The move was added between the two revisions of the game... because Requiem had happened in the magazine between the two revisions. Capcom was on fire at the time.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
It's no wonder that Araki's official design for Midler is very Part V-proportioned

With, ehh...Yukako-esque poses

tumblr_md5wvgr3Gz1rj6cy6o1_500.png

And here's what some of us thought we'd see in the Part 3 anime:

Same+here+_435da41d483595512dec87b33e062e74.jpg

It is a bit much, but it'd've also been wild to end the first season on this only to then get the group photo the start of the next.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
People keep doing "but a stand can only have one ability" jokes in the part 5 anime thread and all I can think about is Pucci, and it's killing me

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think we'll get a part 9 and 10 and more if Araki lives long enough. He's one of these people who live for their work and would literally die of boredom in a year if he were to retire.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If he could go back to doing 15 volume parts... what age was the oldest active mangaka before retiring, i wonder? Cause i don't see him risking on delivering an incomplete part either

Edit: apparently there's an 80 year old mangaka working for shueisha, the way araki doesn't seem to age I'm starting to have some hopes for part 9 if it's a bit shorter than 8 lol

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I love Whitesnake; he's one of my favorite Stands in the series.

I can't wait for the reactions when Jotaro gets ambushed and DISCed. People are gonna go bonkers.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Between having a healer stand or google-chan i'd go for google-chan at any day, so fun to watch Jojolion fights <3

Absolutely. Paisley Park has to be one of the most versatile Stands ever, and what's refreshing is it's mostly thanks to Yasuho's quick thinking and resourcefulness—not the Stand itself. Its abilities are great, for sure, but it's the clever ways she makes use of those abilities that makes the difference. Few characters have mastered their Stands to the same degree—and in such a short amount of time, too. I love it.

As for whether there will be a Part 9, or even a Part 10, I'm still doubtful. I can't remember the exact interview (though I know I didn't imagine it, as I've seen it referenced elsewhere), but Araki once said he wanted to retire in his 60s. He's 58 now. JoJolion's been in serialization since 2011, and it's got at least another two or three years left. That puts him at 60, maybe 61 by the time he wraps things up. I could see him writing one more part, at most... if it's shorter. But this is all operating under the assumption that Araki doesn't want to write something else before retiring.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Really what puts it down is the middle section - Planet Waves is cool but everything else like Yo-Yo Ma and Dragon's Dream (especially DD) suuuucckkks
I thought dragons dream would be so cool because it looked like a hunter x hunter stand but then it wasn't cool and i got SO PISSED

Most of my friends almost ragequit at yo-yo ma and i only like Survivor because i mixed up the band with the destiny's child song so i had a fierce tune playing in my head while reading it...I mean both fit the part but i have a crappy taste for music and the female vocals make jolyne fighting feel hype lol

Can't wait for these fights to get babyface'd

Sky high was also weird, anything with physics sucked, i don't even know why i like SO so much for how infuriating it was... i guess i have a soft spot for apocaliptic stories and the characters had enough charisma to sustain it

I see SO as a "so bad it's good" thing so im predicting a lot of salt in its anime thread

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 6 i bet animeonlies are going to be have very mixed opinions on

Probably, but I think that's true of most parts. Some are liked more than others, obviously, but all of them have their detractors... and their ardent defenders. For instance, I've seen plenty of people—on Reddit and other sites—say that Stone Ocean is their favorite part; I'm sure there will be some anime-only fans who end up feeling the same way.

Personally, even though I think it's a step down from Diamond is Unbreakable and Golden Wind, I'd still take it over Stardust Crusaders any day of the week.

Oct 25, 2017
I thought dragons dream would be so cool because it looked like a hunter x hunter stand but then it wasn't cool and i got SO PISSED

Most of my friends almost ragequit at yo-yo ma and i only like Survivor because i mixed up the band with the destiny's child song so i had a fierce tune playing in my head while reading it...I mean both fit the part but i have a crappy taste for music and the female vocals make jolyne fighting feel hype lol

Can't wait for these fights to get babyface'd

Sky high was also weird, anything with physics sucked, i don't even know why i like SO so much for how infuriating it was... i guess i have a soft spot for apocaliptic stories and the characters had enough charisma to sustain it

I see SO as a "so bad it's good" thing so im predicting a lot of salt in its anime thread
Stone Ocean is saved by the female cast, that's mostly about it and Pucci. Some of the fights are good, but it's not Part 5 fight wise.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Stone Ocean is saved by the female cast, that's mostly about it and Pucci. Some of the fights are good, but it's not Part 5 fight wise.
Yeah, but sometimes is nice to find other silver linings besides the ones I always point out LOL. I think the C-Moon fight is a above part 5 goodness tier though, the art, the möbius strip and the crazyness of the situation without trying to make araki's pseudophysics sound plausible...It was so worth sticking around for that...

Y'know, a lot of part 6 fights would be better if Araki didn't try to sell the logic behind them tbh

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but sometimes is nice to find other silver linings besides the ones I always point out LOL. I think the C-Moon fight is a above part 5 goodness tier though, the art, the möbius strip and the crazyness of the situation without trying to make araki's pseudophysics sound plausible...It was so worth sticking around for that...

Y'know, a lot of part 6 fights would be better if Araki didn't try to sell the logic behind them tbh
Yeah most of Jolynes fights against Pucci are pretty good. I think pretty much Planet Waves, C-Moon, Survivor and I think Debt Collector or whomever got baseballed to death are her best ones, granted that's all I can remember...and fucking RODS.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah most of Jolynes fights against Pucci are pretty good. I think pretty much Planet Waves, C-Moon, Survivor and I think Debt Collector or whomever got baseballed to death are her best ones, granted that's all I can remember...and fucking RODS.
No Jailhouse lock? Shame.
I'm really getting an itch of rereading the part again now, all this talk about Stone Ocean and knowing that I won't rush it because I know what happens at the end might help solidifying my thoughs on it... I know I suffered when i was reading it but when i look at the pages all I have are the good memories for some reason...

Oct 25, 2017
No Jailhouse lock? Shame.
I'm really getting an itch of rereading the part again now, all this talk about Stone Ocean and knowing that I won't rush it because I know what happens at the end might help solidifying my thoughs on it... I know I suffered when i was reading it but when i look at the pages all I have are the good memories for some reason...
I really don't remember liking Jailhouse Lock that much. Like with Part 5 I remember the grand strokes, not the more minute stuff.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't remember liking Jailhouse Lock that much. Like with Part 5 I remember the grand strokes, not the more minute stuff.
I liked because of the weirdness of it, and female villain tbh lol, and the sixth sense meme...
That's also why i remember Guess, despite being a...uh...weird intro fight with jolyne speaking in uwu

I tend to remember some flashes of the big stuff and some random small things i liked, I remember Jolyne setting herself on fire but not why, I remember Manhattan transfer was a thing but not how big. And then the final fight i'll remember it all cause it's important... That's the issue of binge reading a series in your cellphone during Christmas break D:*(and why I feel like rereading it the way I reread part 5)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I can honestly see Stone Ocean being a hit in terms of (flashy action)^JoJo. If people like Jotaro's one-liners the way they do, Jolyne gonna be a goddess
The biggest threat I can see would be it featuring a female lead because some boys are just that boring, but promised neverland and other shows like that will probably ease people into it...The second would be the setting that feels awfully mature for a shonen manga demograph tbh >_>, I feel like this saga would be treated so much better if it was in a seinen magazine lol, but if they play their cards well it could really shine...

Hell, look how better La Squadra got, they might make me care for Giorno's half-brothers lol

Oct 25, 2017
Jojo part 6 is gonna be just like part 5 anime- everyone thinks its confusing crap because of shitty scanlations and then suddenly love it when anime version with non ass translation+ clear stylish animation comes and everything is clear.

Think about how much people used to mem king crimson, in the anime it was obvious how it worked

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
People bottom tiered Doppio and Diavolo

Anime folks FUCKING LOVE then.

If part 6 gets the time part 5 got.... It's not even gonna be a question.

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM
Jojo part 6 is gonna be just like part 5 anime- everyone thinks its confusing crap because of shitty scanlations and then suddenly love it when anime version with non ass translation+ clear stylish animation comes and everything is clear.

Think about how much people used to mem king crimson, in the anime it was obvious how it worked

Animation will help just like the official colored versions helped parse the action. Everyone in Part 5 and 6 is constantly squirting blood so it's difficult to understand what you're looking at when everything is inky black.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
And unlike a lot of folks here. I think part 6 has the strongest cast. (People outside thisncommunity fucking love Weather Report, I do too)

Like I think Annasui is a god damn misstep, but everybody else in that team is a fucking win.

And I can't say that for any other part.

Oct 25, 2017
And unlike a lot of folks here. I think part 6 has the strongest cast. (People outside thisncommunity fucking love Weather Report, I do too)

Like I think Annasui is a god damn misstep, but everybody else in that team is a fucking win.

Yeah agree. Apart from anasui the part 6 crew rules

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Idk i'd consider part 6 girl trio the best group in jojo but i felt like weather was a bit of an outsider to that xD, given proper time to shine they'll all be awesome, though. It's a pity Anasui is so damn awful and somehow they made Jolyne 'fall' for that dude, such a waste :/

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Wearher fits the same niche that folks like rohan and gappy fill.

They're the fucking weirdo ass weirdos of the group.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I mean I still don't know how he made Bucciarati punch himself

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Wearher fits the same niche that folks like rohan and gappy fill.

They're the fucking weirdo ass weirdos of the group.

Yes, but coming out of Passione who was such a close knit group and had an inner synergy despite some bickering i still long for having a group like that... SO's main trio was like it. I hope the Higashikatas grow to be somewhat like it but it won't be the same cause if we get some family action it wont last long...

Though weather was still much better than Fugo so I shouldn't complain that much lmao. He had a hell of a crazy backstory, too

he showed bruno Epitaph's prediction for mindfuck effects

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
As above he gave Bruno forced epitaph like he gave it to doppio, and bruno saw himself, 10 seconds in the future looking around the other side of the pillar.

Bruno couldn't comprehend what happened, but in the show they show him moving into the space where he was in the vision

Oct 25, 2017

I don't think you can fix Anansui and Bohemian Rhapsody being a rather one note fight (I never liked this fight despite it being a fan favorite). There's stuff I like about Part 6 and stuff I don't like about it. Now unless the anime decides to bench Anansui and give us more FF and Hermes then fine, but that can't exactly happen. Now Part 5 improved a lot in anime form because they switched up a couple of things and it got paced better, but that's pretty much exactly what Part 5 needed. Even in manga form Part 5 oozed style. The Part 6 anime pretty much hinges on the VA nailing Jolyne in my opinion along with Pucci. If the cast of FF and Hermes gels with Jolyne it's all good for the most part with just the stuff I don't like being the stuff I don't like.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think the trickiest part about Annasui is that there are people that unironically like him... Idk if it's because of a misreading of the character or just not understanding why he's a problem, or people simply liking pushover needy boyfriends lol... Though that's still not as bad as liking, say, Joshu, while ignoring all the bad shit Joshu has done. You can't really reduce his screentime much, but there are some things you can do.

If they tone down Annasui's "goodlord jolyne you're a goddess and you gonna marry me" he might become a little more bearable, maybe mess with his background a little to give him a stronger reason to act that way... that's not fixing him at all, but it's better than what we got considering we can't Reset him and make whatever was the original way araki intended the character to be(that is the girl Annasui, i guess). I feel like givig FF and Hermes more screentime through stretching their fights is fair game, and totally doable: DP saved a whole 3 episodes for a narancia sidequest and that totally sold me on the character and in the group of villains they introduced, so it's all about keeping the good paces and playing the part's strong points.

Now, for Bohemian rhapsody, it is a tricky fight, most of it's strenght comes from the absurdity and the scale of the situation, and how much fun it'll be will sorta rely on how good the voice acting for weather and Annasui is, and how much madness dp can cram in. The end of the fight might be a bit underwhelming but it is important to nail that apocaliptic madness cause it sets up the scale of what is to come, pretty much like Green day set up the scale for Chariot Requiem on its endgame.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I think about part 6 I can only remember Weather and Jolyne from the heroes, in regards to fights because everybody else seems underutilized or almost nonexistant.

I like Hermes and FF's chemistry with Jolyne, but I can't for the love of me remember more than maybe one fight where they played a significant role in it. I also enjoy Annasui's stand, but that's about it.