• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
And then Polnareff was turtle.

EDIT: What was the reason behind Polnareff's Stand getting the power to switch souls for? Like his stand is basically speed+strenght+fencing sword, how does soul swapping fit in? :V

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
da3.png

Gotta remember to post this AFTER the finale.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Was that bit about dropping the arrow behind a table in the manga as well because I don't remember that shit.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
Do you guys think we might hear Mozart's Requiem in the next few episodes???

Mozart is public domain and HxH actually used the requiem as OST for one of its episodes

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I thought that Mista had Diavolo's eye triangles but he doesn't that's just his normal eyes.

Anyway i get this feeling that Araki intentionally made this opening part of SCR a little more light hearted because he knew what was coming next and wanted to blindsight pepole.
Oh lol i like how mista has final form kira eyes, idk why, it's just funny.

And i agreee he did probably a lighter tone because they were doing a fakeout... that part of the battle being goofy makes the death hurt so damn much later .-., so sudden, so fast .-.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could tell the people expressing disappointment in Trish being under-utilized that Queen Jolyne will answer their prayers one day.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I could tell the people expressing disappointment in Trish being under-utilized that Queen Jolyne will answer their prayers one day.
Or Trish herself saving Mista in like 40 minutes from now

She wasn't that bad, she managed to do something in the final fight at least, that's way above the average jojo gals aside from stone ocean and jojolion(i hope)

---

watched the episode... can Trish's VA play Jolyne?Her Mista voice was on point god damn.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017

EDIT: What was the reason behind Polnareff's Stand getting the power to switch souls for? Like his stand is basically speed+strenght+fencing sword, how does soul swapping fit in? :V
Requiem stands aren't an evolution of the stand, they're sort of a side-grade. Its supposed to be based on whatever the user wants the most at the time. I guess it's possible Polanreff wanted to live, so the soul swap was created so he could do so. The stand protecting the arrow makes more direct sense as Polnareff wanted to keep the arrow out of Diavolos hands.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if people will be more relieved or confused when they learn Requiem Stands don't matter in Stone Ocean.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Requiem stands aren't an evolution of the stand, they're sort of a side-grade. Its supposed to be based on whatever the user wants the most at the time. I guess it's possible Polanreff wanted to live, so the soul swap was created so he could do so. The stand protecting the arrow makes more direct sense as Polnareff wanted to keep the arrow out of Diavolos hands.
Yeah, i was thinking about this today and it really fits, he wanted to do something but couldn't do it with his current body, and he keeps talking about him not being fit for fighting... In the end it wasn't only to keep the arrow away from Diavolo, he jjust wanted to get out of the wheelchair...

I need to grab a drink, this is depressing af

I wonder if people will be more relieved or confused when they learn Requiem Stands don't matter in Stone Ocean.
We got something so so so SO MUCH WORSE

Oct 25, 2017
I never thought before about the scarab arrow being the one to cause requiem. I always thought it was just an Araki forgot thing when Black Sabbath nicked GE. Though I remember in the anime that Giorno made a point to say that he wasnt hurt by the arrow or he dodged it or something.

And yes, it's pretty hilarious that Requiem won't factor into Jojo again after GER.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I never thought before about the scarab arrow being the one to cause requiem. I always thought it was just an Araki forgot thing when Black Sabbath nicked GE. Though I remember in the anime that Giorno made a point to say that he wasnt hurt by the arrow or he dodged it or something.

And yes, it's pretty hilarious that Requiem won't factor into Jojo again after GER.
It's the only way to justify the part not ending right there...
If Giorno mastered the arrow he'd breeze through the part and that would be Jotaro levels of boring. If he didn't the world would be over, or he wouldn't even activate the arrow because he wasn't ready for it but the battle would have zero stakes cause the arrow wouldn't hurt him and black sabbath was pretty weak without it *shrug*

but it's so damn poorly explained after kira lol

--
There's still 2 skips left in the opening to be unveiled btw o_ o

Last edited:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017

o
Yeah it's why Giorno ability is the no sell even though that's not related to his life abilities. He really needed to beat Diavolo so he gets an ability that no sells anything

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah! I'd say the golden wind is breezing now <3!
Those were my thoughts exactly !

Got super sick on Tuesday tho, but luckily my mom was in town with me to help get me a note

Still adapting to this 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. schedule per weekdays, sooner-or-later-to-be 6 a.m. to 5p.m. per weekdays + Saturday overtime x.x

Sorta figured out how to handle this tho through the 3-month trade school I took on right after Bucci Arrivederci'd Pesci away into that river

And oh boy, got my first paycheck today!~ Now to take it easy and watch/read JoJo ep reactions and have lots of rest

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Those were my thoughts exactly !

Got super sick on Tuesday tho, but luckily my mom was in town with me to help get me a note

Still adapting to this 6 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. schedule per weekdays, sooner-or-later-to-be 6 a.m. to 5p.m. per weekdays + Saturday overtime x.x

Sorta figured out how to handle this tho through the 3-month trade school I took on right after Bucci Arrivederci'd Pesci away into that river

And oh boy, got my first paycheck today!~ Now to take it easy and watch/read JoJo ep reactions and have lots of rest
I'm doing 9 am~7pm shifts, super nice people, one of them is a part 5 stan, I really need to get some papers figured out and i'm still in my experience time, I hope I can keep it tho, it's been pretty fun >u< I'm still learning the ropes but a lot of cool stuff's been coming up @_@

--
Anyway, back on topic, my predictions were right, Narancia's dying on a christian holiday =(

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bard Jojolion, Sheer heart attack but wholesome. That's all I have to say.

also whitesnake is the superior cat stand

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Seeing the new OP I'm left wondering how they would even go about doing it for part 7. Since the power that Valentine gets is Love Train and that wouldn't have an effect on the song, only the visuals I think.

Bard Jojolion, Sheer heart attack but wholesome. That's all I have to say.

also whitesnake is the superior cat stand
Killer Queen is the best designed stand in the series!

Also that Killer Queen still looks basically the same as the other.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Seeing the new OP I'm left wondering how they would even go about doing it for part 7. Since the power that Valentine gets is Love Train and that wouldn't have an effect on the song, only the visuals I think.

Killer Queen is the best designed stand in the series!

Also that Killer Queen still looks basically the same as the other.
But it's got a WHOLESOME power if it wants to now :( therefore it was improved.

Part 7 might get two seasons id double the valentines and do something for love train, remember that he starts the part pretty fat lol

I wanna see which bits they're gonna add to requiem, there were 3 skips in the original opening, but only one of them got revealed, i wonder if by the end we'll have a full opening inside the opening D:

Also Daisuke Hasegawa also did the opera voice at the diavolo bit, respect!

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But it's got a WHOLESOME power if it wants to now :( therefore it was improved.

Part 7 might get two seasons id double the valentines and do something for love train, remember that he starts the part pretty fat lol
Yeah but I meant the visual design of it not the powers lol.

I would imagine that if there is a part 7 adaptation it would be almost 50 episodes if they decide to adapt 2 chapters per episode.

Yeah I remember, I guess they'll just start putting valentines show up everywhere but love train is so weird that I don't know how it would work in a music sense.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but I meant the visual design of it not the powers lol.

I would imagine that if there is a part 7 adaptation it would be almost 50 episodes if they decide to adapt 2 chapters per episode.

Yeah I remember, I guess they'll just start putting valentines show up everywhere but love train is so weird that I don't know how it would work in a music sense.
Just have every hit johnny shoot at the president be reflected with some psychedelic fx

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Then why did his stand swap the souls of the people and animals around him then 2 years ago when he discovered the ability of the arrow?

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
green green grass of home just reduces you by half every time you halve the distance between you and the baby so long as the baby feels threatened by you

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Do you think Narancia's end will be sadder then Abbachio's?
He's the character that represents the group's innocence and childhood, having him being killed off unceremoniously is harsh. Iirc his death managed to even make childhood traumatized jojo(tm) cry, for the first time in twelve years. Almost all of the gang's light hearted moments were initiated by him(i count Mista's goofs as Mista shenanigans cause he's made fun off but he doesn't literally makes the group dance together or beat up a total stranger or chase frogs...)

I wonder if they'll remix canzione preferite for that scene or just go for that beautiful somg that played during Abbachio's... i just know i'll be crushed by the time he passes, i couldn't even focus yesterday because I was afraid I'd
go back home and see it... having it happening after a holiday only make things worse :( wont enjoy the day before that episode at all.

I cried a lot during Abbachio's death but Narancia's shook me so hard te tears only came out some hours later because i couldnt believe it D: