• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I do like how Giorno doesn't act like the most important person in the room, which is very different from the other Jojo's.
oh but he did act, then he stopped flexing because he realized he was being a bit shit, notice how he starts blabbling about his dream every 5 minutes and then he stops
What are you talking about?

Giorno unquestionably trusts people.

Bruno and Koichi would be dead if not for that.

He wouldn't actively sacrifice himself in the kraftwerk, Man in the Mirror, White album and B.I.G. fights if he didn't trust the team.

Giorno is the most trusting guy in that group.
I mean he does trust to an extent but he also straight up used Fugo, ignored all of Abbachio's warnings that he should grab the key and let them handle the dude in the mirror, scared a truck driver cause he didn't think mista could handle a dude alone and tried to do things his way for most of the pre white album fights xD, idk if he feels like he HAD to do stuff alone to prove his worth or was just thinking the group couldn't handle it, but you can see when he starts letting the group do their thing and not just... uh.. sorta use them sometimes o_x?

You may use the soft machine battle as an example of blind trust but he didn't really have a choice, he jumped so abbachio would stop being a bitch and he knew he wouldn't die if he got caught x_x

what I mean is his way of working with the team changes after a certain point cause he realized they knew what they were doing

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'm sorry but using abbacuio's warning rings real hollow.

Cause abbachio's is the exact opposite of trust. It's "fuck can't do anythijg for him, complete the mission" like of all the contrasting points you gonna use Mr. "Fuck life"?

And I would not call worrying about Mista a lack of trust.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sorry but using abbacuio's warning rings real hollow.

Cause abbachio's is the exact opposite of trust. It's "fuck can't do anythijg for him, complete the mission" like of all the contrasting points you gonna use Mr. "Fuck life"?

And I would not call worrying about Mista a lack of trust.
I can't really explain what i mean right now cause it's a bit late and i need to sleep x_x but i think i had it all written up a bit better elsewhere x_x

I always just saw this as him trying to motivate the crew and get them to trust him a bit. Then he realized it wasn't needed anymore and stopped.
It's his tone, when you talk in formal japanese all the time you just sound a bit snob, unless you're wording it to sound humble

grand

Oct 25, 2017
oh but he did act, then he stopped flexing because he realized he was being a bit shit, notice how he starts blabbling about his dream every 5 minutes and then he stops

I mean he does trust to an extent but he also straight up used Fugo, ignored all of Abbachio's warnings that he should grab the key and let them handle the dude in the mirror, scared a truck driver cause he didn't think mista could handle a dude alone and tried to do things his way for most of the pre white album fights xD, idk if he feels like he HAD to do stuff alone to prove his worth or was just thinking the group couldn't handle it, but you can see when he starts letting the group do their thing and not just... uh.. sorta use them sometimes o_x?

You may use the soft machine battle as an example of blind trust but he didn't really have a choice, he jumped so abbachio would stop being a bitch and he knew he wouldn't die if he got caught x_x

what I mean is his way of working with the team changes after a certain point cause he realized they knew what they were doing
I think you're mixing up Trust and Confidence. Giorno always trusted his crew to do the right thing and follow through, but that doesn't mean he didn't question the confidence or likelihood that those actions would work: hence why he jumped in so many times to help guarantee victory.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Ok this makes more sense. I know nothing about Japanese tone and how to interpret it.
I've been trying to notice the speech patterns now that I can listen to the voices and it really changed how I saw him a little bit, cause everytime things go south he starts dropping his regular speech patterns and it becomes a much bigger deal when you see someone so formal do that switch in japanese.

He's dropped the formalities in this short time that he's the one "in charge" during chariot requiem, for example, but i'm not sure if i should read that as him being stressed or asserting authority >_>, or if he's just comfortable now in talking like that because it's only the younger ones in the group now.

Funny fact is that during sex pistols he actually used "mista-san" as if the dude was a really important veteran or something, but he dropped that as soon as the lil ones started asking for salami lol. I don't really remember he ever using honorifics outside of that
I think you're mixing up Trust and Confidence. Giorno always trusted his crew to do the right thing and follow through, but that doesn't mean he didn't question the confidence or likelihood that those actions would work: hence why he jumped in so many times to help guarantee victory.
Good point, english isn't my mother language and trust and confidence kinda translate to the same thing for me x-x

As time went by he gained that confidence that they'd carve a path to victory instead of just doing what he must cause it's necessary. Essentially it's the same thing, but the means become more positive

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Good point, english isn't my mother language and trust and confidence kinda translate to the same thing for me x-x

As time went by he gained that confidence that they'd carve a path to victory instead of just doing what he must cause it's necessary. Essentially it's the same thing, but the means become more positive
Basically. I think we're essentially all agreeing.

A good in-universe example is the fight on the boat early on in Part 5. Giorno trusted his comrades to do the right thing but didn't have the confidence they would figure out the enemy's power: so he sacrificed himself. But if Giorno was the opposite(that he had full confidence in his crew but no trust), he would've done nothing. Because he would've assumed the 3 of them would've figured out the enemy's power but he couldn't trust them to save him.

Another good example is to contrast the heroes & villains. Like Dio & Jonathan, Giorno had full trust in his comrades and their own abilities (though Dio sorta gained his trust from corrupt means like flesh buds and threats). But, at the same time, all three didn't have confidence in their comrades and sorta assumed they would have to save the day. Contrast this with Doppio/Diavolo, who trusted no one but still had confidence that his underlings would succeed (because if he lacked both, he would just be Kira).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Basically. I think we're essentially all agreeing.

A good in-universe example is the fight on the boat early on in Part 5. Giorno trusted his comrades to do the right thing but didn't have the confidence they would figure out the enemy's power: so he sacrificed himself. But if Giorno was the opposite(that he had full confidence in his crew but no trust), he would've done nothing. Because he would've assumed the 3 of them would've figured out the enemy's power but he couldn't trust them to save him.

Another good example is to contrast the heroes & villains. Like Dio & Jonathan, Giorno had full trust in his comrades and their own abilities (though Dio sorta gained his trust from corrupt means like flesh buds and threats). But, at the same time, all three didn't have confidence in their comrades and sorta assumed they would have to save the day. Contrast this with Doppio/Diavolo, who trusted no one but still had confidence that his underlings would succeed (because if he lacked both, he would just be Kira).
Yes, this. I couldn't have worded it better @-@. He never actually sacrificed himself, though, but its framed like it sometimes

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this. I couldn't have worded it better @-@. He never actually sacrificed himself, though, but its framed like it sometimes
Well yeah, Giorno never viewed anything as a sacrifice because he had full trust in his comrades to figure it out. That's why he's always so thrown off by Bruno and defers to him: because Bruno actually will make those sacrifices.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got more JoJo today. The Hol Horse and Boingo chapters might be peak Stardust Crusaders.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Got more JoJo today. The Hol Horse and Boingo chapters might be peak Stardust Crusaders.
That's the one big thing that Stardust Crusaders has that Part 5 doesn't (besides DIO): entire mini-arcs devoted to comedic Stand encounters.

It's a shame that Araki basically stopped doing those after Part 4. Goofy Stand shenanigans are a lot of fun, and the anime made it even better with the special Oingo/Hol Horse and Boingo EDs.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
...what i just said about Jojolion
(I'm counting Millagro man at least)
Yeah, Millagro Man really does fit the bill and was quite fun, it's pretty much the only "filler" Stand encounter in all of Jojolion.

Though, I half expect it to come into play again at some point. I could see either Millagro Man or that ginkgo leaf Stand from a while back working like the ghost alley from Part 4, in the sense they intentionally seem like a one-off plot element that could later turn up to save the day. Araki just brought back freaking Ojiro, so who knows what other callbacks we'll get.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Millagro Man really does fit the bill and was quite fun, it's pretty much the only "filler" Stand encounter in all of Jojolion.

Though, I half expect it to come into play again at some point. I could see either Millagro Man or that ginkgo leaf Stand from a while back working like the ghost alley from Part 4, in the sense they intentionally seem like a one-off plot element that could later turn up to save the day. Araki just brought back freaking Ojiro, so who knows what other callbacks we'll get.
Ojiro was important.

Are you a man of the land or a man of the sea?
If you can't answer that perhaps you're not a man at all

OUO

gosh I hope everything comes back, specially kyo

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ojiro just waltzes in out of nowhere and finds the Rokakaka before anyone else. I'm dead.

Last edited:

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also is Norisuke okay? Unless this is a flashback, he was clearly shown at the fruit parlor. Might be related to Tsurugi slowly going crazy.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Also is Norisuke okay? Unless this is a flashback, he was clearly shown at the fruit parlor. Might be related to Tsurugi slowly going crazy.
theres no timestamp... im assuming flashback but idk, right now im thinking whether ojirou was a candidate for a bigger boss position all alone and god doesnt exist

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
theres no timestamp... im assuming flashback but idk, right now im thinking whether ojirou was a candidate for a bigger boss position all alone and god doesnt exist
I'm going to applaud Araki, that was a really cool way of having Ojirou leak the new fruit's location. I think you can even make out the mark on Tsurugi's left hand in the panel when he's running back home. Jobin is about to get a lot of unwanted attention.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm going to applaud Araki, that was a really cool way of having Ojirou leak the new fruit's location. I think you can even make out the mark on Tsurugi's left hand in the panel when he's running back home. Jobin is about to get a lot of unwanted attention.
im wondering, how the hell did norisuke got involved with all this and sonce when is this ojirou stunt planned because damn it, he's just a lil PoS from chapter four(?) and now he's just making a fool out of our (-i still think he's not fit for the job but)main villain candidate as if it was nothing NOTHING

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

If you're referencing the scene where Tsurugi drags Norisuke's corpse outside, that happens later—13 minutes before the harvest. We don't know exactly when (of if) he dies. As of last chapter, we were still five days out in the present timeline.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forgot how he needed to do some Cheap Trick-esque positioning bullshit to make his stand work.
Also I fucking love that this dude just cracks the code. Ojiro is a fucking boss

Norisuke's body was at the flash forward where the countdown to harvest ended. We're still before that point

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you're referencing the scene where Tsurugi drags Norisuke's corpse outside, that happens later—13 minutes before the harvest. We don't know exactly when (of if) he dies. As of last chapter, we were still five days out in the current timeline.
Ah okay thank you for clearing that up. It's been awhile.
im wondering, how the hell did norisuke got involved with all this and sonce when is this ojirou stunt planned because damn it, he's just a lil PoS from chapter four(?) and now he's just making a fool out of our (-i still think he's not fit for the job but)main villain candidate as if it was nothing NOTHING
With Deileon clearing things up, yea I wonder how Norisuke gets caught up in all of this. I'm even wondering if Ojirou is actually the one who killed him and Tsurugi and Jobin are covering things up.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hold up

Unrelated to Fun Fun Fun's control. Tsurugi just blacks out at times and doesn't remember murdering folks?

Like that time being lost?

f59.gif

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
kid's been losing control, maybe he'll eventually be a final boss, his stand is going berserk and reachin some absurd power for jojolion standards, all because some people cant sit down and talk like adults

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Was Fun Fun Fun always able to control a limb if only one limb has been cut? I feel like I remember from his Gappy fight that it wouldn't work until you got a cut on every single limb. Either way ever since Ojiro was shown again I've wanted him to be near the head doctor. His stand paired with the doctor's ability to make even small bumps cut you up is perfect.

Also, did Tsurugi make the cliff side look a little further away than it actually was to make Ojiro fall?

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hold up

Unrelated to Fun Fun Fun's control. Tsurugi just blacks out at times and doesn't remember murdering folks?

Like that time being lost?

One specific moment that seems fairly significant is when Tsurugi appears to "respond" to someone's accusation of wrongdoing, seemingly the mother's... before it happens, and while she's still holding her baby. Then, Tsurugi turns and runs away, and the next thing the mother knows, her baby is submerged underwater... as if Tsurugi knew that was about to happen, and he'd be accused.

all because some people cant sit down and talk like adults

I love how Araki even emphasized that this chapter when Tsurugi approached Jobin about Ojiro.

Was Fun Fun Fun always able to control a limb if only one limb has been cut? I feel like I remember from his Gappy fight that it wouldn't work until you got a cut on every single limb.

Yeah, it always worked with just one limb.

Last edited:

Ionic

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
One specific moment that seems fairly significant is when Tsurugi appears to "respond" to someone's accusations of wrongdoing, seemingly the mother's... before they happen, and while she's still holding her baby. Then, Tsurugi turns and runs away, and the next thing the mother knows, her baby is submerged underwater... as if Tsurugi knew that was about to happen, and he'd be accused.

A similar thing happened with Ojiro walking towards Tsurugi and suddenly realizing he walked off the cliff. A similar thing happened with the gate. Three things just very suddenly moved near Tsurugi in a way to cause harm to others; the gate, the baby, and Ojiro.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A similar thing happened with Ojiro walking towards Tsurugi and suddenly realizing he walked off the cliff. A similar thing happened with the gate. Three things just very suddenly moved near Tsurugi in a way to cause harm to others; the gate, the baby, and Ojiro.

Good point, though I'm hesitant to lump in the gate incident with the others, since the head doctor was on the surveillance footage from the school's front gate. Still, it's probably no coincidence that Tsurugi blacked out at the same time—and I don't see why some 89-year-old doctor, even if he is a Rock Human, would harm a random schoolgirl on his way back home from work one day... unless that's just his thing.

...Tsurugi is going to be the big bad isn't he...
I'm starting to consider it a real possibility, myself.

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Oh shit, Jojolion is really heating up
Tsurugi's mutated Stand ability is literally King Crimson. "Only the results remain" that's 1:1 Diavolo's gimmick, we just haven't seen any signs of him having Epitaph yet. And he's a member of the family that all have KING in their Stand names. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Jobin's gonna have to kill Ojiro to keep him quiet at this point, which should be fun since we hardly ever get villain vs villain fights in Jojo's.

Calling it now: the final boss is going to be a Rokaka/Wall Eye fusion between Tsurugi and someone else to create a new version of King Crimson, Tsurugi's new power will cover the timeskip part of it, the other person's Stand will replace Epitaph to make it even more busted.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jobin's gonna have to kill Ojiro to keep him quiet at this point, which should be fun since we hardly ever get villain vs villain fights in Jojo's.

He'll have to do a lot more than that; Ojiro already sent a picture of the Rokakaka to Makorin.

I imagine the only Stand that can take care of something like this is Paisley Park—which Tsurugi will realize, having worked with Yasuho before.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
..........is Tsurugi secretly the Reboot Version of Doppio and the mysterious Head Doctor is actually the Reboot Diavolo

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I'm really wondering if (well, probably rather when) we'll get actual hard connections to the regular jojo timeline and the SBR/Jojolion universe. I'm sure Araki planned something for that.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
..........is Tsurugi secretly the Reboot Version of Doppio and the mysterious Head Doctor is actually the Reboot Diavolo

Whatever Tsurugi's new ability is, it's different. The head doctor's Stand ability seems to take effect whenever someone tries pursuing him, making them run into obstacles that redirect the energy of the impact somewhere else, namely the pursuer themselves (unless they're like Josuke, who can apparently deflect with his bubbles). Tsurugi's Stand, on the other hand... well, it's not entirely clear yet what it does now, but the activation requirement—making contact with his origami—is still the same.

Last edited: