• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
to me it was like that: I watched fighting gold some times and got worried Narancia's shot ends with a sky.
Then I watched Kaleb's video on Aerosmith arc and he lead me to believe something happened.
Then I googled Narancia and google fucked with me.
So i said "fuck this shit i'm reading it before I know whether this is for real or not.

I mean, I knew something bad would happen because it's a bunch of mafia kids so there's no way they'd get a happier ending, but, fuck, I really loved that kid and it broke me so damn much >_>

That will never work on anime thread, people are too on the edge and sometimes i really screamed when you tried to imply something cause i knew someone would be pissed/find out about something lol

I like Narancia because imo he is kinda the Okuyasu of P5, but I don't really like the gangstars.

I feel like a lot of them are kinda undeveloped asides from Buccirati

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I like Narancia because imo he is kinda the Okuyasu of P5, but I don't really like the gangstars.

I feel like a lot of them are kinda undeveloped asides from Buccirati
Narancia is adorable and too good.
I think they were well developed for that the part aimed for, they're much better developed than most groups in JoJo, some characters in later parts feel straight out like they received the fugo treatment >_>

to be frank part 5 gang is probably the best developed as it is now, but i'm holding on Jojolion's supporting cast cause Araki's killing it lately
I should read part 7

Woolie Madden keeps saying its the best part.
Some folks here really love it, I think it's a bit overhyped and prefer part 5 and Jojolion... Being fair with you, yeah you should read it and take your own conclusions from it xD

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
SBF are the reason I started watching Jojo

They'd just talk about absurd shit on their podcast, which made me decide to get into it before Part 3 got animated.

I first started with the English hardcover of Phantom Blood. It sucked and I basically swore off JoJo until I read a strip of Questionable Content *gags* that referenced it.

Oct 25, 2017
I first started with the English hardcover of Phantom Blood. It sucked and I basically swore off JoJo until I read a strip of Questionable Content *gags* that referenced it.

Yeah, Phantom Blood was kinda eh.

I didn't "get in" till Battle Tendancy.

Joseph is still my favorite jojo despite him being the most problematic one.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
SBF are the reason I started watching Jojo

They'd just talk about absurd shit on their podcast, which made me decide to get into it before Part 3 got animated.
Started it randomly last year after finding out some friends of mine watched up to part 2 and liked it, didn't really care for part 3 but Tonio brought me back, bless that man.

I'm up to date now and the wait's been killing me.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
They would know basic things if they rewatched the show like I told them to do months ago.
Lol

Sometimes they'll just not catch on stuff, one of the reasons i never posted abbachio's death foreshadowing on fighting gold is that once people picked up on stuff they'd murder me for spoiler giving

I fell of AoT real hard.

I got super excited at episode 8, then got dissapointed when it turned out the show was "flesh gundam"
it only gets good when eren flips, which would be next season iirc

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I know, i used to be pretty bad with spoilers too but I had to change my ways because my friends were almost killing me over game of thrones.

There's no real way of being vague when dealing with spoilers, you need to pretend you never read the manga and go from what they should know, and even then people might think you're leading them into something saying something while saying nothing is a very hard to master form of art x_x
I am still absolutely terrible with spoilers

Oct 25, 2017
I fell of AoT real hard.

I got super excited at episode 8, then got dissapointed when it turned out the show was "flesh gundam"
AOT gets really interesting later on. The biggest problem with it is that the first season is pretty undercooked.
Lol

Sometimes they'll just not catch on stuff, one of the reasons i never posted abbachio's death foreshadowing on fighting gold is that once people picked up on stuff they'd murder me for spoiler giving

it only gets good when eren flips, which would be next season iirc
My other problem is that sometimes I'll forget exactly where something is truly revealed and give too detailed of an answer when I know it was foreshadowed in the anime, but it's something only a manga reader would notice it when it hasn't been 100% explained in the anime yet.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I am still absolutely terrible with spoilers
AOT gets really interesting later on. The biggest problem with it is that the first season is pretty undercooked.

My other problem is that sometimes I'll forget exactly where something is truly revealed and give too detailed of an answer when I know it was foreshadowed in the anime, but it's something only a manga reader would notice it when it hasn't been 100% explained in the anime yet.
Yup, i try to check whether the thing has been hinted at and see if the crowd would react well to it or not. In jojo anime thread the bar is so sensitive i try not doing anything that couldn't be seen as a random commentary...

Like last week the pv image had giorno on it and i commented "best boy" knowing it would be Narancia, stuff like that. Jaded's accidental commentary on burning a character in SO is a perfect example of spoiling a great moment without saying absolutely anything lol

I'm trying to not even say much about p5 and above there after Jolyne's existence being considerated spoilers tho

Oct 25, 2017
I love how the existence of Jolyne is a spoiler when the OP of Part 1 spoils her. I think the actual spoiler is who her dad is. I'm not even sure what's more shocking. Dio having a kid or Jotaro having a kid.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Jotaro. Dio hooked up with so many people some of them were bound to walk away free. Jotaro is as sociable as stray cat

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hol Horse: "I respect all women no matter their physical appearance. I would never stoop so low as to hit one."

Also Hol Horse:

9sBRUd7.gif

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Nobody asked me, though I'm quite attached to my Pitou avatar so anything else would just seem like a massive downgrade.
I thought of asking you but he volunteered first lol, but i figured as much about Pitou haha~ idk how much of a mindfuck it would have been if we had done the switch, we kinda post too damn much despite im being busy lately lol(but our takes on part 5 are also similar enough to not make much impact iguess >_>)

Oct 25, 2017
I thought of asking you but he volunteered first lol, but i figured as much about Pitou haha~ idk how much of a mindfuck it would have been if we had done the switch, we kinda post too damn much despite im being busy lately lol(but our takes on part 5 are also similar enough to not make much impact iguess >_>)
Pitou is my spirit animal, I don't know if that's a good or bad thing to be honest. They'd probably notice the change outside of this thread I would think.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I actually had another avatar on the works but i couldnt figure out the backgrounds for it, i drew narancia looking at the poster and a variation of him sleeping with some flowers, was supposed to use the one with his eyes opened till tomorrow, then swap after episode aired

These plans are doomed now but if i finish the drawings i'll probably post them xO

Oct 25, 2017
I actually had another avatar on the works but i couldnt figure out the backgrounds for it, i drew narancia looking at the poster and a variation of him sleeping with some flowers, was supposed to use the one with his eyes opened till tomorrow, then swap after episode aired

These plans are doomed now but if i finish the drawings i'll probably post them xO
First you have to finish them. As a creative I know that it's not guaranteed.

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't even sound possible. Kira died and became half of Gappy, he's long gone.

I think the theory is rubbish as well, but what if, after Holly is healed, she uses another one of the "new Rokakaka" to perform "equivalent exchange," sacrificing herself—as Johnny did for George—to defuse Josuke, restoring Kira and Josefumi back to their former selves? We don't know the full extent of the "new Rokakaka's" powers yet, so maybe it can also undo their fusion? It would certainly fit as a bittersweet ending: Kira and Josefumi get another chance at life, but Holly, who this was all about in the first place, sacrifices herself, and Yasuho, who has fallen in love with Josuke, loses him.

people called out kira on being pretty suspicious and having easy access to some stuff he shouldn't, but i think his theory is a bit flawed because he mentions sheer heart attack could have damaged holly's memory, when there are several other things in the part that could do the same, including eating a rokaka fruit(which is my theory for what happened to her brains o-x)

But basically it relied on past kira setting a lot of stuff up, then forgetting it because of the fusion or something else... it seemed interesting as a concept but idk how the fuck it would work for a final confrontation lol

There are a number of holes in their logic. First, they say that Kira⁠ was "alone" in the world besides his mother, Holly, and his "friend," Ojiro⁠ (which is already incorrect, as there's also his sister, Kyo, whose identity he went out of the way to hide from the Higashikatas), but how do we know that exactly? Because no one came forward to report him as missing? That doesn't mean anything; he was a ship's doctor. In all likelihood, he was routinely out at sea for weeks if not months at a time (as he worked on a cargo ship, carrying supplies from one port to another). I imagine that if he had other acquaintances, they weren't terribly worried about him disappearing for extended periods of time, and even he didn't, it's likely for that same reason—he was always out at sea. It's difficult to make friends when you don't have much free time, after all. (Besides, thanks to Damo, we know that Norisuke, who had previously only hinted at his relationship with Kira when questioned about it by Josuke [in chapter 27, titled "Suspicious People"], was in fact quite close to him, something that still hasn't been explored.)

Second, as you said yourself, there are several other things in JoJolion—including the Rokakaka and Urban Guerrilla's Stand Brain Storm—that could've affected her in a similar way, and given how much Araki drew attention to the risks of the Rokakaka during that arc, specifically what it could do to one's brain, it seems pretty clear he was suggesting that's what happened to her.

Third, they wonder why—if Holly was the one who started the Rokakaka research at TG University Hospital—Kira didn't get one from the lab. Well, that's because he didn't know about her involvement with the Rokakaka. (If he did, and that's all he wanted—to gain access to the Rokakaka—why go through all the trouble of incapacitating his mom, who he supposedly knew had access to them, and then steal a branch to grow one of his own... when he could've just accessed the ones at the lab?) It's obvious Holly was keeping it a secret from her children, for whatever reason. We know that Kira only found out about their existence while serving as doctor on the same cargo ship that was transporting the Higashikata Fruit Parlor's shipment of Rokakaka.

im all in for a family feud, only downside of that is that i dont see joshu teaming up with kaato so he's gonna be one of the good guys
Yikes

Unfortunately, I think you're right, since Joshu is likely to take whatever side Yasuho's on—which is obviously Josuke's. The final battle will likely be Josuke, Yasuho, Joshu, Kyo, Rai and Norisuke vs. Jobin, Mitsuba, Tsurugi and Kaato, with Hato and Daiya caught up in the middle. (I guess Ojiro, Karera, Tooru and Akefu could also be involved, but it depends on if they make it that long.)

Last edited:

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I think the theory is rubbish as well, but what if, after Holly is healed, she uses another one of the "new Rokakaka" to perform "equivalent exchange," sacrificing herself—as Johnny did for George—to defuse Josuke, restoring Kira and Josefumi back to their former selves? We don't know the full extent of the "new Rokakaka's" powers yet, so maybe it can also undo their fusion? It would certainly fit as a bittersweet ending: Kira and Josefumi get another chance at life, but Holly, who this was all about in the first place, sacrifices herself, and Yasuho, who has fallen in love with Josuke, loses him.
Like you said, we don't know enough about Rokakaka's powers to say for sure what it's capable of, but I feel like that might not be possible. Kira was pretty much dead when the fusion happened and IIRC what was left of his corpse was found on the Higishkata estate. Even if Holly were to sacrifice herself, I dunno if that would be enough to split Gappy into Josefumi and Kira AND to make each of the individual bodies whole again.

What you described would be an excellent bittersweet ending though, I kinda want it to happen.
Unfortunately, I think you're right, since Joshu is likely to take whatever side Yasuho's on—which is obviously Josuke's. The final battle will likely be Josuke, Yasuho, Joshu, Kyo, Rai and Norisuke vs. Jobin, Mitsuba, Tsurugi and Kaato, with Hato and Daiya caught up in the middle. (I guess Ojiro, Karera, Tooru and Akefu could also be involved, but it depends on if they make it that long.)
TBH I could see Joshuu getting suckered into helping Jobin (likely under the promise that his assistance could help to get rid of Gappy) only to turn on him later once his dumb ass realizes that Jobin's scheming is putting Yashuo in danger and may have killed Norisuke.

I'm actually pretty curious to see how Joshuu's role plays out, because as terrible as he is, Araki must have given him so much screentime for a reason, and I do rather like his Stand.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Like you said, we don't know enough about Rokakaka's powers to say for sure what it's capable of, but I feel like that might not be possible. Kira was pretty much dead when the fusion happened and IIRC what was left of his corpse was found on the Higishkata estate. Even if Holly were to sacrifice herself, I dunno if that would be enough to split Gappy into Josefumi and Kira AND to make each of the individual bodies whole again.

What you described would be an excellent bittersweet ending though, I kinda want it to happen.

TBH I could see Joshuu getting suckered into helping Jobin (likely under the promise that his assistance could help to get rid of Gappy) only to turn on him later once his dumb ass realizes that Jobin's scheming is putting Yashuo in danger and may have killed Norisuke.

I'm actually pretty curious to see how Joshuu's role plays out, because as terrible as he is, Araki must have given him so much screentime for a reason, and I do rather like his Stand.
thats so joshu lol

If we get a bittersweet ending i think we'll have gappy split and kira gone though... he's already dead, needs to move on, him being half of josuke is just a way of dealing with his unfinished business :/ pretty much like bruno in VA

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

True, but the mechanics behind the new Rokakaka are tricky to nail down—as we've established—so I won't discount it as a possibility just yet. Josefumi literally began falling apart when he touched his body to Kira's during the equivalent exchange, and Kira, despite being "whole" when his corpse was discovered (with the exception of his missing testicles), makes up the majority of Josuke's body, according to the DNA results. If Josefumi's body fell apart completely during the process, then that would've necessitated the creation of a new body—probably using Kira as the template, hence the DNA results—so I think creating new bodies from the earth is within the new Rokakaka's power... unless we assume that Josefumi's body parts—the parts that had already disintegrated—were simply reconstituted underground, when combining with Kira.

Ugh, I'm gonna give myself a headache; I'm clearly overthinking this. I need to stop.

Alternatively, what if by sacrificing herself, Holly provides the raw materials—that is, her body—required to create a new vessel for their split?

That's a good point. Joshu really seems to admire Jobin—perhaps even more so than he does Norisuke, who he's been frustrated with ever since he took in Josuke—so he'd probably do anything Jobin asks of him, especially if he thinks it'll put Josuke at a disadvantage.

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the fence about whether I should catch Jojo while on my break tomorrow or wait until I get home late that night.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
On the fence about whether I should catch Jojo while on my break tomorrow or wait until I get home late that night.
I'll definitely watch at night, last week i was a wreck thinking it already happened so im not taking chances when i know it is today

Also the fence jokes still hurt.

I wonder what flowers they'll use, never identified the ones in the manga

Yuu di Hoshi but which josuke?*wink wink*

I'm asking this because gappy is SS tier