• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Yo Yo Ma is the best stand in Jojo

z5ux7q9.jpg

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Best god damn main character theme in ages, not just for Jojo. David Pro have some serious work with Stone Ocean after this masterpiece, and god speed to them cause Stone Ocean is gonna be a bitch to live up to the standards they set here. I mean I love Stone Ocean but Golden Wind was on a whole nother level.

Whatever he does, I hope Polnareff is center stage to the Paralympic posters.

Oct 25, 2017
Best god damn main character theme in ages, not just for Jojo. David Pro have some serious work with Stone Ocean after this masterpiece, and god speed to them cause Stone Ocean is gonna be a bitch to live up to the standards they set here. I mean I love Stone Ocean but Golden Wind was on a whole nother level.
Everybody gangster till they hear the piano. His theme is God tier, best unexpected meme in years.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

the counter being reset to zero at the end made me cackle.

---

I just read the entirety of Stone Ocean in two days. this is my first time ever reading ahead of what I saw in the anime.

my mind is 100% blown. I just don't even know how the process the ending. Also i finally get certain comments Ive heard about a particular fight that is the absolute worst example of "Copywrite aint gonna let that be adapted as is" in all of JoJo.

I loved the prison theme, and even on the run the whole basking in the horror and glory of florida americana still came across. this is going to be a fantastic soundtrack if it ever gets adapted.

Regarding the fights, I think they were actually really good! the way araki draws action at that point seems to have evolved, in a lot of ways stand grappling and punch rushes are easier to follow in this part.

Everything else of course is insane. I had to put my head in my hands and just like process what i was being told about powers several times, but I loved it. it was amazing.

Last edited:

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
the counter being reset to zero at the end made me cackle.

---

I just read the entirety of Stone Ocean in two days. this is my first time ever reading ahead of what I saw in the anime.

my mind is 100% blown. I just don't even know how the process the ending. Also i finally get certain comments Ive heard about a particular fight that is the absolute worst example of "Copywrite aint gonna let that be adapted as is" in all of JoJo.

I loved the prison theme, and even on the run the whole basking in the horror and glory of florida americana still came across. this is going to be a fantastic soundtrack if it ever gets adapted
Heres a good write up on the ending if you want a nice supplemental read

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardustCr..._6s_ending_may_be_happier_than_you_think_and/

Also, fucking Sky High, man that shit was crazy

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Heres a good write up on the ending if you want a nice supplemental read

https://www.reddit.com/r/StardustCr..._6s_ending_may_be_happier_than_you_think_and/

Also, fucking Sky High, man that shit was crazy
this lines up with what i was getting the impression of. From the beginning, part 6 seemed like a dark future for jotaro and his family and all the supporting characters; it feels like you could regard it as an alternate future that never came to past, rather than it being the original reality. It truly does all come full circle

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
on reflection, I think the Limp Bizkit fight is currently my favorite in part 6. It's actually such a simple stand power but wrapping your head around it is difficult

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yo Yo Ma is the best stand in Jojo

z5ux7q9.jpg

Been quite some time since a post made me laugh like that, goddamn what a fool I am

This ending cemented it as the best theme, Abbachio heard that piano and was like FUCK THIS GUY. The rest of Part 5 was just a victory lap

DrCSoHHW4AE_zu_.jpg

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Been quite some time since a post made me laugh like that, goddamn what a fool I am

This ending cemented it as the best theme, Abbachio heard that piano and was like FUCK THIS GUY. The rest of Part 5 was just a victory lap

DrCSoHHW4AE_zu_.jpg

oh man I agree. I was already onboard but the beginning of the soft machine encounter cemented this as my favorite audiovisual combo for a jojo part thus far. i think the part where giorno gives his "i have a dream" speech and runs out is an essential component of it, though. pivoting from such a tense and hopeless situation (shout out to tensione, one of my favorite moody tracks on the ost) to the sound of triumph and hope

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
If part 5 first episode is anything to go by, they will expand a lot of the introduction
I absolutely loved her intro. the first female jojo protagonist, and they refuse to shy away from sexuality and grime. theres a realness to it that i really respected specifically because you dont see stuff like that from a female pov in a lot of media, especially this genre. I don't think it actually needs much expanding, just a few more silent scenes/shots to give context to the dialogue and narration that already exists in the manga.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I'd appreciate if they cut some male gaze shot at jolyne at beginning tho, esp when she sleep without pant, she still can do that but no need to make it as fanservice.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I'd appreciate if they cut some male gaze shot at jolyne at beginning tho, esp when she sleep without pant, she still can do that but no need to make it as fanservice.
didn't really feel fanservicey to me, just more like raw and unfiltered tough women being women around women. stuff like mista checking trish out was far more suspect, especially since she's underage and literally only one character in stone ocean is.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
didn't really feel fanservicey to me, just more like raw and unfiltered tough women being women around women. stuff like mista checking trish out was far more suspect, especially since she's underage and literally only one character in stone ocean is.
There's Image comic called Bitch Planet which is basically Stone Ocean without stand (this is simplification tho)

the character can straight up naked on that, but I can surely tell difference from that and spread of Jolyne sleeping while posing like swimsuit model without pant lmao

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
I absolutely loved her intro. the first female jojo protagonist, and they refuse to shy away from sexuality and grime. theres a realness to it that i really respected specifically because you dont see stuff like that from a female pov in a lot of media, especially this genre. I don't think it actually needs much expanding, just a few more silent scenes/shots to give context to the dialogue and narration that already exists in the manga.
I don't know man, at this point in the manga almost every female character that appeared was either a background character being sexualized, a main character that was sidelined for our male heroes or a dumb school girl saying how beautiful or great the main protagonist is, and don't let me even start talking about the unnecessary rape scene in the baby face fight (the story even tries to justify it showing how terrible this woman is and how she deserved this, and all i could do was shake my head). And in the rare cases that we had a good representation of a female character, it was the most basic first wave feminism ideia of representation, like "lol, sexual harassment is bad kids, look at how strong this woman is!"

So if a guy writing about female masturbation doesn't sound strange enough, his track record shows us that this moment wasn't even deserved. But to give credit where credit is due, the female cast of part 6 is treated really well, and we even got that sexy Johngalli A showering scene lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know man, at this point in the manga almost every female character that appeared was either a background character being sexualized, a main character that was sidelined for our male heroes or a dumb school girl saying how beautiful or great the main protagonist is, and don't let me even start talking about the unnecessary rape scene in the baby face fight (the story even tries to justify it showing how terrible this woman is and how she deserved this, and all i could do was shake my head). And in the rare cases that we had a good representation of a female character, it was the most basic first wave feminism ideia of representation, like "lol, sexual harassment is bad kids, look at how strong this woman is!"

So if a guy writing about female masturbation doesn't sound strange enough, his track record shows us that this moment wasn't even deserved. But to give credit where credit is due, the female cast of part 6 is treated really well, and we even got that sexy Johngalli A showering scene lol
i definitely agree that the track record wasnt great, but Jolene feels like an acknowledgement of that in a lot of ways. and there's the complicating factor of main male characters in jojo being extremely sexualized, which makes it a bit harder to judge this for me.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
There's Image comic called Bitch Planet which is basically Stone Ocean without stand (this is simplification tho)

the character can straight up naked on that, but I can surely tell difference from that and spread of Jolyne sleeping while posing like swimsuit model without pant lmao
Damn, I just googled about this comic and it seems the exact kind of shit i would love lol

Mistouze

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that comic is awesome. The author is female and the comic is all about feminism. Its great.
Too bad the creative team kinda fumbled having the book come out regularly. Is there any news on it resuming?

But yeah, it's fucking dope like only a comic that goes "Yo, what if patriarchy was an actual prison? IN SPAAAAAAAACE?" can be.

And I just started reading Stone Ocean after the end of the Golden Wind anime, I'm at the "There's Six of Them!" arc. And it's pretty cool so far.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
And I just started reading Stone Ocean after the end of the Golden Wind anime, I'm at the "There's Six of Them!" arc. And it's pretty cool so far.
This is arguably one of the best fights in Stone Ocean, all the mystery surrounding the enemy stand, Jolyne and Hermes having to work together to keep the guard body near and defeating Foo Fighters is all really well done.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Too bad the creative team kinda fumbled having the book come out regularly. Is there any news on it resuming?

But yeah, it's fucking dope like only a comic that goes "Yo, what if patriarchy was an actual prison? IN SPAAAAAAAACE?" can be.
I actually stopped following comic about a year or so so idk the recent news. Been itching to return tho.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
What is the consensus on Jumping Jack Flash? It's one of those fights that i really love but can see a lot of people hating it.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
I like early Stone Ocean fights, and this is one of them. It's one of those fights that will be greatly improved when animated.
Before the Punishment Ward arc (Where most of the bad fights of part 6 happens) I think the only fight i dislike is highway to hell. And even this fight has it's redeeming qualities, like introducing us to Herme's stand, the concept of white snake's disc, the rest of the gang, etc.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Before the Punishment Ward arc (Where most of the bad fights of part 6 happens) I think the only fight i dislike is highway to hell. And even this fight has it's redeeming qualities, like introducing us to Herme's stand, the concept of white snake's disc, the rest of the gang, etc.
Yup, I agree, highway to hell is bad, but at least it introduces some cool things.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i like highway to hell specifically because of what it says about the enemy.

i like the dragon fight because
neutral stands are an awesome idea and the entire concept is fucking ridiculous

yo yo ma is among the greatest extended jojo interactions of all time. i wouldn't really call it a fight.

EDIT: also planet waves isnt bad at all, i dunno why its apparently generally accepted to be the worst. that covers the three fights in the punishment ward, weird that its apparently infamous when i ended up totally enjoying it.

Edit2: oh yeah im a decent chunk into steel ball (or maybe not since i hear its incredibly long) and its a dope change of pace. i was spoiled on the identity of a certain dead person but ive reached the point where you'd have to be pretty oblivious not to figure it out.

the art style is insane, cant imagine how difficult these soft, detailed lines and painterly motifs would be to adapt. Stone Ocean was a really nice send-off to the old style tho, i loved the look of it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea why...
wait Highway to Hell was mutual death right? If Hermes let that guy kill himself then she would've died right?

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
No, no, that's the one were the dude keeps trying to kill himself.
The one were Jolyne sets herself on fire is Sky High, the stand with the stupid Rods alien thing.
more accurate term would be "cryptid", i think. they sound like they come from a real life conspiracy theory or something, tho i havent investigated. also I thought that fight was really good, especially with how quickly jolyne figures out how his stand works and his dejected reaction to it.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
more accurate term would be "cryptid", i think. they sound like they come from a real life conspiracy theory or something, tho i havent investigated. also I thought that fight was really good, especially with how quickly jolyne figures out how his stand works and his dejected reaction to it.
Oh yes, I'm well aware of the conspiracy theory, I had a piece of shit writing class teacher who was not only right-wing garbage but also a fucking conspiracy theorist nut (Yeah, I know, kinda of redundant pointing both of these out, but whatever), and one of the themes I had to fucking write about was Rods, I sure wrote about it, spent 15 minutes of his class pointing out it was bullshit along side at other themes he had forced other students to write. And that was during fucking High-School.
So I'm kinda biased when it comes to that fight.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Oh yes, I'm well aware of the conspiracy theory, I had a piece of shit writing class teacher who was not only right-wing garbage but also a fucking conspiracy theorist nut (Yeah, I know, kinda of redundant pointing both of these out, but whatever), and one of the themes I had to fucking write about was Rods, I sure wrote about it, spent 15 minutes of his class pointing out it was bullshit along side at other themes he had forced other students to write. And that was during fucking High-School.
haha, i can understand your feelings. i get the sense araki loves the idea of stuff like that being true. if it were true, would it really harm anyone? i bet thats how hed see it

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Man...
i never EVER heard about rods in all of my life and knowing know this was a "thing" makes that fight so much funnier...
I'm starting to think all of part 6 physics and shit that triggered me were just araki trolling now