• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
For the Stone Ocean anime do you think they should do one special final arc OP or two?
One for C-Moon where he screws with the gravity, and one with Made in Heaven where everything speeds up.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
For the Stone Ocean anime do you think they should do one special final arc OP or two?
One for C-Moon where he screws with the gravity, and one with Made in Heaven where everything speeds up.
i dont c moon should get the "hey surprise were messing with the intro" treatment. the part is already pretty neatly divided, its suited to two ops. the default of op 2 should get c moon at least hinted at.

edit: i got a question
how is deep diver's ability any different from what any stand can do? they can all phase through stuff unless they're a physically manifested type that normal people can see, right? is the fact that he can reassemble the components of the thing in question the important bit?

Last edited:

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
i dont c moon should get the "hey surprise were messing with the intro" treatment. the part is already pretty neatly divided, its suited to two ops. the default of op 2 should get c moon at least hinted at.

edit: i got a question
how is deep diver's ability any different from what any stand can do? they can all phase through stuff unless they're a physically manifested type that normal people can see, right? is the fact that he can reassemble the components of the thing in question the important bit?

That's his main ability and he can also store strikes/energy inside objects, and when he wants activate them in the form of whatever limb he hit the object with. I really like the grafting the frog brain into Yo Yo Ma, so good
edit: went and looked at his wiki totally forgot he can transfer damage a person takes to his stand when inside them

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
can i just say, the heavy weather fight is probably the most disturbing body horror thing ive seen in any media. Im still getting heebie jeebies from it

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
That's his main ability and he can also store strikes/energy inside objects, and when he wants activate them in the form of whatever limb he hit the object with. I really like the grafting the frog brain into Yo Yo Ma, so good
edit: went and looked at his wiki totally forgot he can transfer damage a person takes to his stand when inside them
i guess my thing is more that he does that force transferal thing literally once, and often the main thing he does is phase through walls and such to get to enemies. however, couldn't any non physical stand do that? Also the frog is crazy because just like... ok so automated stands have brains? they have literal brains that work the same way as a human's would? It's ridiculous! I love it.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
i guess my thing is more that he does that force transferal thing literally once, and often the main thing he does is phase through walls and such to get to enemies. however, couldn't any non physical stand do that? Also the frog is crazy because just like... ok so automated stands have brains? they have literal brains that work the same way as a human's would? It's ridiculous! I love it.
I think it boils down to a stands range if it would be practical or not , but yea Jotaro could just have SP hide underground at max range and then chop someones legs off if they got to close lol. I freakin love part 6 it dials the "bizarre" to 11 then breaks the knob off and throws it in a fire. Also how freakin OP is Whitesnake in the prison setting 20 meter range and can take your memory disc with no effort

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I think it boils down to a stands range if it would be practical or not , but yea Jotaro could just have SP hide underground at max range and then chop someones legs off if they got to close lol. I freakin love part 6 it dials the "bizarre" to 11 then breaks the knob off and throws it in a fire. Also how freakin OP is Whitesnake in the prison setting 20 meter range and can take your memory disc with no effort
when weather report showed up and was like "i can control the weather" i thought 'huh, thats actually pretty straightforward' and then he made it rain a specific type of frog and i was basically crying laughing

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they could probably figure out some neat things to do with C-Moon, but I don't consider it a necessity the way Made in Heaven deserves a special opening effect.

Oct 25, 2017
when weather report showed up and was like "i can control the weather" i thought 'huh, thats actually pretty straightforward' and then he made it rain a specific type of frog and i was basically crying laughing
Fucking atmospheric cloud space suits.
source.gif

Rutger

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't remember a lot about Part 6. But...

One thing I always loved about it, was when it goes to Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center. It hit some nostalgia for me since I've been down there a few times as a kid.

I'm not up to date on the manga, I left off about halfway through Part 7 years ago. I believe I heard Part 8 is a lot like Part 4 in it's setting, so I think I'd like Part 9(if it happens) to be a return to a modern adventure setting. I really like how Araki mixes in landmarks into the stories.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
FLORIDA
i thought his normal power was already broken, but araki HAD to

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
lmao. Just reading this ability made me question everything

x1.png

200.gif
dude its fucking nuts
also starting with the prison escape every single battle basically has a worse death toll than the Green Day fight. its an unnerving escalation that had me wondering how the world could be normal in the future after experiencing these events. turns out it couldn't, so those things needed to not happen

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
One of the great things about Part 6 is that Giorno's "That's bullshit but I believe it" meme isn't going anywhere.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
dude its fucking nuts
also starting with the prison escape every single battle basically has a worse death toll than the Green Day fight. its an unnerving escalation that had me wondering how the world could be normal in the future after experiencing these events. turns out it couldn't, so those things needed to not happen
Lmao
araki himself said he had gone too far and had to reset shit
One of the great things about Part 6 is that Giorno's "That's bullshit but I believe it" meme isn't going anywhere.
haha

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
dude its fucking nuts
Oh yea I wanted to post this in relation to your part 6 body horror post
kakyoinstrikesback_3.png

WHAT.THE.FUCK.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
thinking more about diavolo: he basically earned his fate specifically by desiring a power that let him solely experience high points and delete all low points. the only possible way to defend against that is to delete his results and force him to live in the low. the fact that it's a time loop is just incidental to it being the perfect counter for him. he left no option to deal with him in a natural human way, and so he himself is the architect of his own unnatural fate.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Diavolo's "Only the results matter!" mindset fucked him over in the end. I think Abbacchio's partner touched on this, he says something like if you only desire results you start to take shortcuts and you will lose sight of the truth. GER tells Diavolo he will never reach the truth.

Anyway, part 6 Giorno

8b8.png

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Diavolo's "Only the results matter!" mindset fucked him over in the end. I think Abbacchio's partner touched on this, he says something like if you only desire results you start to take shortcuts and you will lose sight of the truth. GER tells Diavolo he will never reach the truth.

Anyway, part 6 Giorno

8b8.png
haha, and its even better because
The Piano is what kills Pucci in the end. that teasing reference in one of the enemy bios that implies Giorno is in Florida for all of this is such a frustrating but cool thing. people seem to think part 5 is pointless in the larger scheme of things, but it is specifically important for establishing that dio had children with certain women for whatever reason, and that his true successor is not one who eventually alligned with Pucci

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Anyway, part 6 Giorno

8b8.png
Abbachio's friend spelled out the whole purpose of the part, and that chapter still makes me cry like a lil baby

Also
the giorno tease in SO was so fucking cruel.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
so, I just got to this scene with Valentine and Lucy. While I'm glad it ended the way it did, I'm kind of upset that she even got put in this position. It's probably the most tasteless handling of sexual violence in this series so far, imo. arguably moreso than babyface. Anyone else get the feeling this was a low point?

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
so, I just got to this scene with Valentine and Lucy. While I'm glad it ended the way it did, I'm kind of upset that she even got put in this position. It's probably the most tasteless handling of sexual violence in this series so far, imo. arguably moreso than babyface. Anyone else get the feeling this was a low point?
I can confirm that the segment in question is widely loathed.

It's exceptionally rough and it's probably going to feel even darker when it's adapted to anime.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
All Lucy stuff just not aged well after you process it enough especially at today culture.

P7-8 have amazing stuff in it but Araki always sprinkle some sexual harassment and abuse element to Woman made me furious.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Idk how can you be glad, she became pregnant AND an object at the same time, that's the worst way to objectfy someone, literally...

I mean it could be worse but i'd be glad if it never happened, especially after reading SO...
All Lucy stuff just not aged well after you process it enough especially at today culture.

P7-8 have amazing stuff in it but Araki always sprinkle some sexual harassment and abuse element to Woman made me furious.
part 8 at least has enough women for that to not be a huge issue, despite what it has of harrassment being pretty bad, that part has some awesome representation.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Yep, and to make things worse, Araki decided to do something similar in part 8. Really not a fan of it.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I can confirm that the segment in question is widely loathed.

It's exceptionally rough and it's probably going to feel even darker when it's adapted to anime.
the best thing i can say about it is that it achieved the effect it was going for. but it's cemented Valentine as my least favorite villain. He just seems like pointless cruelty and desire for power with no real nuance

Well, JoJo has always kinda been a problematic fave for me. toften comes with the territory of off-kilter high quality writing. this isn't going to make me quit. but like i said, a low point in the midst of a really good part.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
the best thing i can say about it is that it achieved the effect it was going for. but it's cemented Valentine as my least favorite villain. He just seems like pointless cruelty and desire for power with no real nuance

Well, JoJo has always kinda been a problematic fave for me. toften comes with the territory of off-kilter high quality writing. this isn't going to make me quit. but like i said, a low point in the midst of a really good part.
then you go on youtube and see people saying valentine did nothing wrong, that his cause had reason and his morality was ambiguous and that makes him nuanced and i just wanna puke, he's a creep.
He's got his reasons but they are all cemented in the realm of nationalism amd for anyone that doesnt live in america, he's a dick.

I hate how all progress made in stone ocean simply died in part 7, it's a reason why i love jojolion so much, that shit really soured me out of sbr

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
then you go on youtube and see people saying valentine did nothing wrong, that his cause had reason and his morality was ambiguous and that makes him nuanced and i just wanna puke, he's a creep.
He's got his reasons but they are all cemented in the realm of nationalism amd for anyone that doesnt live in america, he's a dick.

I hate how all progress made in stone ocean simply died in part 7, it's a reason why i love jojolion so much, that shit really soured me out of sbr
that character feels uncomfortably like Trump, so i guess it's at least kinda prescient.

on a different note something that bothered me in stone ocean is
the throwaway trans man who the guards misgender saying "oh she isnt in the wrong prison, she just injected herself with male hormones" and jolyene is like "wow what a world huh". even when this was written people were conscious enough about these things that this would be seen as oblivious.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
that character feels uncomfortably like Trump, so i guess it's at least kinda prescient.

the throwaway trans man who the guards misgender saying "oh she isnt in the wrong prison, she just injected herself with male hormones" and jolyene is like "wow what a world huh". even when this was written people were conscious enough about these things that this would be seen as oblivious.
Uh.. that's Maxx right and he obviously bribe his way to stay in prison

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Uh.. that's Maxx right and he obviously bribe his way to stay in prison
i mean maybe? i doubt that was planned that far in advance. even if he decided to make it into a plot point it's still a moment of insulting the identity of millions of people without any seeming thought about the fact you are

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
i mean maybe? i doubt that was planned that far in advance. even if he decided to make it into a plot point it's still a moment of insulting the identity of millions of people without any seeming thought about the fact you are
I don't recall this scene being bad like the other time they straight up use trans as insulting slur

The figure of Maxx is not close to being ambiguous, not sure of what you mean for being need to planned ahead.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I don't recall this scene being bad like the other time they straight up use trans as insulting slur

The figure of Maxx is not close to being ambiguous, not sure of what you mean for being need to planned ahead.
the body of the person in the check in line doesn't have a face shown, is what I'm saying. I could be not reading into it enough, but it just felt like a hurtful thing out of nowhere rather than a setup for a male enemy.

edit: and also the sheer amount of shadowmen in part 5 has led me to believe that araki doesn't design characters that far ahead. if it had been a setup for Manhattan Transfer guy I'd have bought it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

He's a trans guy?!? Anyway idk how 2001 japan would handle these themes... there's a similar situation in level E that idk if nailed it or fucked it up till today because of its pros an cons... some stuff in jojo aged poorly but because if its age i let it slip... but by the time sbr came out i give no excuses tbf(2005+ wasnt it?)

Tbf if anyone in the part would be a trans man i'd place my bets in annasui o- o...

Araki guessing trump would be president is scary lmao

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
so i just finished steel ball run. boy that final fight sure is something, huh?

Also man, it's crazy how much more powerful The World seems when a villain is using it. No shade on Jotaro, he's just always in the worst possible situation to actually look cool using it. (by design, of course) Anyways when the golden boi showed up i smiled a bunch. I think this will be great when adapted, but the fact that Lucy spends most of her time AUDIBLY panting in seductive fragile poses is going to become even more uncomfortable. I'm glad she got the killshot, tho.