• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
From the top of my head the only black character i remember not sucking was HxH's Canary, she's a butler, but a badass one x-x
Carole from carole and tuesday is great, but i'm having a hard time remembering good male characters xO
I'm still on Chapter 29 of the manga, so she and the rest of the Zodiacs haven't appeared yet, but people seem to really like Canary.

I've heard of Carole and Tuesday before but completely forgot about it, thx to remember me, i will add it to my watchlist.
Michiko and Hatchin is a great series.
I know shit about this series but from the images i saw the esthetic is right up my alley.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still on Chapter 29 of the manga, so she and the rest of the Zodiacs haven't appeared yet, but people seem to really like Canary.

I've heard of Carole and Tuesday before but completely forgot about it, thx to remember me, i will add it to my watchlist.

I know shit about this series but from the images i saw the esthetic is right up my alley.
I remember seeing the trailer for michiko and hatchin being presented in a panel of a brazilian film festival, we all lol'd so hard when shinichiro watanabe said "so, this is loosely based in brazil but not that much" and then they showed the scenes and people were losing it when they showed that world's money lmao.That was totally not lowkey, the stylized favela was right what i'd expect of a foreigner's vision of brazil lol. I need to watch it someday.

Canary doesn't appear much but she makes a good presence,hunter doesn't have many black characters but i remember the ones that do appear fairly well, and they never felt like a parody or anything so props to that.

Carole and tuesday is wholesome and a must watch.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
I remember seeing the trailer for michiko and hatchin being presented in a panel of a brazilian film festival, we all lol'd so hard when shinichiro watanabe said "so, this is loosely based in brazil but not that much" and then they showed the scenes and people were losing it when they showed that world's money lmao.That was totally not lowkey, the stylized favela was right what i'd expect of a foreigner's vision of brazil lol. I need to watch it someday.
Damn, just watched the opening and aside from being GROOVY AS FUCK, this show screams Brazil:

Never knew i needed this in my life until now lol

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
It's like one of those barbershop memes.

v6DnHgm.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Damn, just watched the opening and aside from being GROOVY AS FUCK, this show screams Brazil:

Never knew i needed this in my life until now lol

Lmao yeah, it was nice of watanabe bringing his pupil's work simply because he was doing a panel in brazil lmao, i felt a major guilt after the panel for not seeing cowboy bebop or any of his works till then(luckly he's directing carole and tuesday so now i'm fine)

It's like one of those barbershop memes.

v6DnHgm.png
Poor pucci, i like his style

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I saw that we were discussing Jobros the last few pages. And its obvious Gyro is the best one. Friend, Mentor, and Rival all rolled into one, its kinda funny how Araki created the perfect Shonen deuteroagonist after switching to Seinen.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I get the feeling SO is going to be sooner then expected especially since they are not waiting till next year to release the OVAs.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Or maybe next year OvA is PHF :D

SO coming next year is the best choice, people won't wait two years for Jolyne cause they're dumb
Though at the same time next year is going to be extremely intresting for anime considering with the big event that is the 2020 Olympics which everyone in Japan will be focusing on. I can't help but think we might see less anime next year because of the Olympics or more sports anime

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Though at the same time next year is going to be extremely intresting for anime considering with the big event that is the 2020 Olympics which everyone in Japan will be focusing on. I can't help but think we might see less anime next year because of the Olympics or more sports anime
Oh crap, and we'll have Akira on top of that(cause y'know, 2020)

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure they'll all get released through more official channels eventually. (I wouldn't be surprised if Viz's release of Diamond is Unbreakable includes the first two OVAs, for example.)

Oh crap, and we'll have Akira on top of that(cause y'know, 2020)

And Pluto.

There seem to be a bunch of prestige projects in production for next year.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could be completly wrong and the anime industry of 2020 will be the exact same as 2019 but i have this feeling. They could annouce SO in Summer 2020 (which honestly i am leaning towards)

Also are they doing a remake of Akira?

Well, the Tsubasa team, who was responsible for Diamond is Unbreakable, have been freed up for a while now...

And yes, they are. A complete adaptation of the manga.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Well, the Tsubasa team, who was responsible for Diamond is Unbreakable, have been freed up for a while now...

And yes, they are. A complete adaptation of the manga.
Plus Fire Force is only 24 Episodes not the 48 pepole predicted so DP are far less busy compartively speaking compared to how they were back on the DIU - GW Days. Plus SO honestly doesn't look that different to GW so they can have a similar artstyle for both (maybe with slightly less detail for SO)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Plus Fire Force is only 24 Episodes not the 48 pepole predicted so DP are far less busy compartively speaking compared to how they were back on the DIU - GW Days. Plus SO honestly doesn't look that different to GW so they can have a similar artstyle for both (maybe with slightly less detail for SO)
I'd swap the color scheme and make the noses less pointy and call it a day, making it more like the end of part 6 and not the beginning, but the research gonna be easier since it happens mostly in closed doors, part 5 is a freaking roadtrip through italy...
Also are they doing a remake of Akira?
yup, gonna be a great year for anime, i really want to see this series finally being adapted through the end, i wonder why they're doing it now lol but must be the date

Attack on Titan will be ending too, the promised neverland season 2... lots of stuff

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man this stand is crazy.
It is like a fricking machinegun that is working all the time.

Also someone mentioned Michiko and Hatchin, anybody who never watched it should do so, it is awesome.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Kinda reminds me of
Bites the Dust, in that it shields him from being identified
I really prefer bingeing, i always have to go back and read a couple chapters to remember what is going on

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That was a lot of ORA for Jojolion. I wonder if Araki was feeling nostalgic lol.

Man, that is one busted Stand. It's like a more proactive, but less lethal Bites the Dust, minus the time loop.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
He'll yeah adapt all the Rohan stuff.
Then adapt Jorge Joestar.
I'm reading Jorge Joestar and while it's entertaining, it seems completely unadaptable.
It's basically more along the lines of what I expected Purple Haze and The Book to be like, in that it doesn't really capture the pacing and writing style of jojo but is full of cool references and ideas. Also it's really fucking long.

New Chapter.

The obvious solution here is to trick Yasuho into going to the academic conference for ~*no reason*~ while the boys follow up on her suspicion that the branch is somewhere else.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
after all that has happened
I'm betting the guys will be stuck on a battle they can't win and yasuho's gonna solve the whole thing, simply because Rai wanted her to gtfo cause she was getting in the way *shrug*

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
after all that has happened
I'm betting the guys will be stuck on a battle they can't win and yasuho's gonna solve the whole thing, simply because Rai wanted her to gtfo cause she was getting in the way *shrug*
i really like how they made a character previously established as super smart completely wrong about this. its a very not-jojo thing. usually when a smart person is wrong no one has a different view, and we the audience don't know for sure what the right answer is.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
i really like how they made a character previously established as super smart completely wrong about this. its a very not-jojo thing. usually when a smart person is wrong no one has a different view, and we the audience don't know for sure what the right answer is.
jojolion breaks a lot of jojo conventions, that's why it's so fun to read

Binge-read kishibe rohan's manga, can i hug tonio now?

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe Jojolion is 89 chapters old.

Edit: They changed the last arc's name to "The Wonder of You (Miracle of Your Love)"

I bet we're getting a stand named after Elvis soon.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The obvious solution here is to trick Yasuho into going to the academic conference for ~*no reason*~ while the boys follow up on her suspicion that the branch is somewhere else.

Nah, the obvious solution is to go after the real Stand user—Tooru. I'm fairly certain that Akefu Satoru, the head doctor, is a projection of The Wonder of You (which is actually Tooru's Stand) created to lure people into a pursuit. After all this build up to the reveal of the head doctor's identity, I can't see him being anything but a red herring at this point (especially with all the focus put on Tooru during those same chapters in which the pursuit began).

Also, notice the similarities in their designs—both Tooru and The Wonder of You are rocking stripes, and both have the Sun incorporated into their designs (Tooru's pin, and The Wonder of You's eyes).

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, the obvious solution is to go after the real Stand user—Tooru. I'm fairly certain that Akefu Satoru, the head doctor, is a projection of The Wonder of You (which is actually Tooru's Stand) created to lure people into a pursuit. After all this build up to the reveal of the head doctor's identity, I can't see him being anything but a red herring at this point (especially with all the focus put on Tooru during those same chapters in which the pursuit began).

Also, notice the similarities in their designs—both Tooru and The Wonder of You are rocking black and white stripes, and both have the Sun incorporated into their designs (Tooru's pin, and The Wonder of You's eyes).
oh definitely, that's my suspicion as well. but i mean more like what the characters seem likely to do in order to come to that realization. currently they are still assuming the doctor is the user, so it would make sense for them to plan with that assumption. whoever the user is, their ability is currently centered around protecting the doctor. circumventing that protection will probably give a clue as to the true nature of what's happening

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
oh definitely, that's my suspicion as well. but i mean more like what the characters seem likely to do in order to come to that realization. currently they are still assuming the doctor is the user, so it would make sense for them to plan with that assumption. whoever the user is, their ability is currently centered around protecting the doctor. circumventing that protection will probably give a clue as to the true nature of what's happening

Ah, I see. From their perspective, that would certainly be their best course of action, I agree. Still, I'm not sure it would make sense to send Yasuho.

With Norisuke now aware of Josuke and Rai's current status as fugitives, I'm sure he'll attempt to have them released, and if he doesn't succeed, I wouldn't be surprised if they turned to him for assistance instead of Yasuho, since, like you said, whoever goes to the conference needs to be unaware of the true purpose of their scheme. It would be difficult to get Yasuho there without raising questions in her head about the connection between the conference and the head doctor.

(Also recall that Norisuke has a handy tracking ability that hasn't been used in a while.)

Last edited: