• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like SO a lot, more than 4 or 5. Anime only peeps are gonna be fucking devastated

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The scene where he jumps into the soldier's body and inflates him is still the most fucked up part of JoJo for me.
He was goddamn menacing and deserved more screentime
It was a letdown that Kars was nothing more than the final boss. Kars had the potential of being an engaging main antagonist but he just let his two subordinates do all the work while he stands in the background.
This is also true to part 3 DIO, they both only get interesting in the final fight(tho kars lore was good and im glad jojolion brought back the pillar men somehow)

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Six's biggest issue is the characters are...kind of unpleasant.

I mean besides Annasui, Weather Report doesn't come out looking too good, and don't forget F.F. killed someone (though Etro is a child predator so...).

The most honest soul in Stone Ocean is Dragon's Dream.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Funny... all those Valentine apologists but no one stans for the man that just wanted to cure crippling anxiety

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
As expected, didn't last long.

tXZDbBb.png

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Just read Chapter 89. And uh, I cannot predict where things are going. At all.

48 hrs till the Harvest, but no sign of the Norisuke death scene at all, so its likely right before the Harvest or in the last 24h. Meanwhile that damn stand(Chase the Memory is my personal name choice) being triggered just by mentioning the doctor is gonna be damn hard to beat. Yashuo better endnup there by coincidence otherwise I don't see things ending well for her. Jobin meanwhile seems to have complete control of the New Strain and he looks to be working on his own agenda without the Rock People.

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Six's biggest issue is the characters are...kind of unpleasant.

I mean besides Annasui, Weather Report doesn't come out looking too good, and don't forget F.F. killed someone (though Etro is a child predator so...).

The most honest soul in Stone Ocean is Dragon's Dream.

But Hermes and Jolyne maybe a jerk, but its mostly because they pursue self destructive path because circumstance.

The Girls is rootable anti-hero, but Araki felt the need to add woman killer & girlfriend abuser.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
As expected, didn't last long.

tXZDbBb.png
... did i forget that or was it cut from the anime?
But Hermes and Jolyne maybe a jerk, but its mostly because they pursue self destructive path because circumstance.

The Girls is rootable anti-hero, but Araki felt the need to add woman killer & girlfriend abuser.
FF gets a pass cause it's developing a conscience... i see her as a FF9 black mage :/ that said, possessing the body of the dead is fucked up, even if they were a child molester o- o

Araki's ethics are pretty bizzarre

Anyway, the group didn't need more than those 3

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Jolyne: DPS
Hermes: Tank
FF: Support/Healer

Emporio: I don't know, Speedwagon-like commentator?
Weather: Reverse-Vegeta/Ikki
Annasui: handicap
Jôtarô: Goku during the Freezer arc
Annasui- ks/dps that gets carried
Weather-GM cause broken and the priginal GM(giorno) is fooling around at disney
You forgot it, because I remember the Toonami thread being disgusted by it when the dub came out. Hazamada is definitely a worse person than Rohan is, but he's never painted as nearly as crazy as him.
i find it funny people vilifying rohan, he just got his own honor code like Giorno, but doesn't kill people i guess? You can do much worse than stealing people's history with Heaven's door.

Oct 25, 2017
i find it funny people vilifying rohan, he just got his own honor code like Giorno, but doesn't kill people i guess? You can do much worse than stealing people's history with Heaven's door.
Rohan's an eccentric taciturn asshole with his own code. He had to be hospitalized by Josuke to turn good, but he's a decent person behind his BS. Hazamada on the other hand is a shit bag whom made somebody stab his own eye and should most likely be institutionalized before he completely kills or rapes somebody. He's pretty much my least favorite reformed character from that part, which is saying something because I can even defend Yukako.

Oct 25, 2017
Koichi dating his unhinged stalker is also screwed up.
She pretty much balanced out towards the end, though she definitely has a violent streak. It's weird because I want Yukako to be happy, but I also want Koichi to be safe.
Aw man i was screaming NO all the way through Cinderella

And he's friends with hazamada cause...yes?

Y'know, being friends with a mafia boss is totally in character for Koichi, cause he's got no sense of danger
At the very least Giorno son of Dio has never tried to hurt Koichi, just rob him. They even managed to bond over a stand battle.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Koichi is friends with the guy who held his family hostage.
Lmao yup wtf was that
She pretty much balanced out towards the end, though she definitely has a violent streak. It's weird because I want Yukako to be happy, but I also want Koichi to be safe.

At the very least Giorno son of Dio has never tried to hurt Koichi, just rob him. They even managed to bond over a stand battle.
for the same reasons jolyne isn't safe with annasui, Koichi isn't that safe with Yukako o-x he's not her property after all...she rubs me the wrong way cause she used the equivalent of a love potion on him :/ that's mind control

Morioh needs theraphy. Tonio seems to be the only sane dude there and he makes people explode from the inside

Plot twist:Koichi is part5 jobro

Oct 25, 2017
Lmao yup wtf was that

for the same reasons jolyne isn't safe with annasui, Koichi isn't that safe with Yukako o-x he's not her property after all...she rubs me the wrong way cause she used the equivalent of a love potion on him :/ that's mind control

Morioh needs theraphy. Tonio seems to be the only sane dude there and he makes people explode from the inside

Plot twist:Koichi is part5 jobro
You do bring up a very good point with Yukako, I guess I'm nicer with her because she never murdered anybody, but she came very close by trying to set that woman on fire. You know, yeah she's fucked up like very fucked up.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You do bring up a very good point with Yukako, I guess I'm nicer with her because she never murdered anybody, but she came very close by trying to set that woman on fire. You know, yeah she's fucked up like very fucked up.
I gotta be just, it's not cause Annasui's issues bring up societal fuckups with it that Yukako is less fucked up, we don't know if Yukako would stop before commiting murder cause we never got the chance to see it(i don't think she'd let Koichi live if she got cheated on lol).Both would suck in a relationship and represent a real threat imo >_>

On yukako's defense, she did conquer him without kidnapping him the second time. But it'd only work in a healthy way without the love potion makeup schtick...im surprised he never got a restraining order

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta be just, it's not cause Annasui's issues bring up societal fuckups with it that Yukako is less fucked up, we don't know if Yukako would stop before commiting murder cause we never got the chance to see it(i don't think she'd let Koichi live if she got cheated on lol).Both would suck in a relationship and represent a real threat imo >_>

On yukako's defense, she did conquer him without kidnapping him the second time. But it'd only work in a healthy way without the love potion makeup schtick...im surprised he never got a restraining order
I do read Yukako as capable of being a loving person, she's just twisted in a very unhealthy manner. Some of what she did came from her lack of confidence, and yeah if Koichi cheated he'd be planted, no way he'd survive that. With Annasui I just never read him as a loving person or capable of it. He never really does anything nice for Jolene. Yukako at least cooked and made clothes for the kid and helped him study.
It's difficult to believe that Koichi is the smart guy of Josuke's group.
There is no smart person in that group.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Hayato is the smartest character in part 4
And he watches his parents having sex.
I do read Yukako as capable of being a loving person, she's just twisted in a very unhealthy manner. Some of what she did came from her lack of confidence, and yeah if Koichi cheated he'd be planted, no way he'd survive that. With Annasui I just never read him as a loving person or capable of it. He never really does anything nice for Jolene. Yukako at least cooked and made clothes for the kid and helped him study.
Yukako is complicated. She loved an image of a perfect koichi that wasn't on par with the reality(aka: a model husband that had nice grades and will have a brilliant future). Her abuse came from she wanting to mold Koichi inot her prince charming because that's "good for him", idk how much does jealousy come into play, but doesnt seem to be the only factor in all this
There is no smart person in that group
if they were narancia levels of smart kira wouldn't last a week.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hayato is the smartest character in part 4
And best character. And he has the best fight.
And he has one of the worst endings... He goes back to his house with a dead father, and a vapid mother in love with a man that he will never be able to explain was not her husband nor that was killed... With no source of income...
Honestly, more than Giorno coming to Florida, I kept hoping through Part 6 that we would have a Hayato cameo. Something like "The Speedwagon foundation paid for his studies, he majored in a great university and is now a renowned filmmaker/journalist/lawyer/mollusk scientist". I don't want to think the group abandonned him to his own devices once Kira was dead.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
And he watches his parents having sex.
Welp

Rohan could always make him forget lol
And best character. And he has the best fight.
And he has one of the worst endings... He goes back to his house with a dead father, and a vapid mother in love with a man that he will never be able to explain was not her husband nor that was killed... With no source of income...
Honestly, more than Giorno coming to Florida, I kept hoping through Part 6 that we would have a Hayato cameo. Something like "The Speedwagon foundation paid for his studies, he majored in a great university and is now a renowned filmmaker/journalist/lawyer/mollusk scientist". I don't want to think the group abandonned him to his own devices once Kira was dead.

Hard to say. He's a smart kid so even if they did I'm sure he would succeed.

I don't think Josuke is the type to abandon him anyways

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Josuke is the type to abandon him anyways
I think that's part of the reasons I'm not a fan of Jôsuke. The way he talks to Hayato through the fight, the way no one consoles him after Kira is dead and he picks up his bag, the way he's not here in the last group photo shot... It felt like they were excluding him from the group because he wasn't a stand user, thus not cool enough to hang around with them.
Poor kid.

Oct 25, 2017
Yukako is complicated. She loved an image of a perfect koichi that wasn't on par with the reality(aka: a model husband that had nice grades and will have a brilliant future). Her abuse came from she wanting to mold Koichi inot her prince charming because that's "good for him", idk how much does jealousy come into play, but doesnt seem to be the only factor in all this
if they were narancia levels of smart kira wouldn't last a week.
So pretty much she looked at Koichi the same way Shaiapouf looked at Meruem? How he liked the idea of Meruem as the perfect ant king and wanted to stunt Meruem's actual personal growth because it's what Pouf wanted and not what Meruem wanted? I never even thought of Yukako as like that until now. Jesus.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So pretty much she looked at Koichi the same way Shaiapouf looked at Meruem? How he liked the idea of Meruem as the perfect ant king and wanted to stunt Meruem's actual personal growth because it's what Pouf wanted and not what Meruem wanted? I never even thought of Yukako as like that until now. Jesus.
Yup, the same way he was idealizing her as a sweet cute harmless girl. Only she tought it was her duty to "fix" him/ bring him to his full potential, while he was just scared af and wanted to gtfo until stockholm syndrome hit.

I guess the silver lining is that, for him to become the shining prince she wanted he pretty much had to step up and confront her, which end up benefitting both of them... she was the first one to see the potential in him to become better, but the way she goes to express it to him is completely fucked up

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
No matter how many times you try to sneak it by, I'm not budging on Diavolo being a great character design.

Especially when y'all fawn all over Mr. Nothing suit, Kira.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just because it doesn't stick to predictable mafia boss aesthetic doesn't mean Diavolo's design is any less horrible. Kira's suit embodies him and his mentality perfectly and his tie is GOAT. Meanwhile guy who wants to stay in the shadows going around dressed with lace and polkadot pink hair lmao.

Oct 25, 2017
Yup, the same way he was idealizing her as a sweet cute harmless girl. Only she tought it was her duty to "fix" him/ bring him to his full potential, while he was just scared af and wanted to gtfo until stockholm syndrome hit.

I guess the silver lining is that, for him to become the shining prince she wanted he pretty much had to step up and confront her, which end up benefitting both of them... she was the first one to see the potential in him to become better, but the way she goes to express it to him is completely fucked up
I think I like Yukako because she actually saw things in Koichi, but there's a lot of things to that relationship that are entirely too twisted to be comfortable with. I don't mind protective, but the undertones of a lot that was done by her for Koichi aren't really healthy. I would hope that she cooled down at some point, but who really knows. Araki isn't really one to expand too much on what he puts out there, by which I mean there's never going to be a side story about it.