• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I may be imagining things but didn't Kars get a stand in some spin-off thing? Either a game or some other offshoot. I vaguely remember his stand being basically every stand possible.
Kira is excellent, the Part 6 villain is great and I hear the Part 7 villain is also great.
It's true SBR's villain is amazing, but then again I'm biased because it's my favorite Part. I can't wait to see how JJL turns out too.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I think I might just dig into the manga when I am done. Is there any reason to go back and read Parts 1-4 in the manga after watching the anime? Any real differences?
Part 3 (the manga) has fantastic art and the characters are far more expressive. Plus the pacing is better. No big story changes but it's a lot less "stiff"

Part 4 rearranges some story events but is totally faithful. The production faces a snag and the art gets rough so I guess better art would be the answer.

I would say reading the parts regardless because the art is so crazy and lively.

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, ON
I just saw the Miike movie of part 4, it was pretty bad...technically faithful but it loses almost all of the humor, fun, style, energy, and charm of the manga and the great anime adaptation. It's drab, humorless, there are long stretches without music where characters just stare at each other before someone says "huh??" Miike needs to stay away from game/anime movies, smh

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
he

he
stole killer queen. then there were like 36 kars on mars.
I had to look it up. So apparently in the spin-off novel it states that Made in Heaven reset the universe 36 times, and in each of those resets Kars is beaten by Joseph and somehow ends up on Mars every single time. Somehow Kars is immune to the resets because he's not on Earth(???) so there's just 36 Kars chilling on Mars. He can "remember" stands and is able to steal them from others making an "Ultimate" version of them, ex. The World Ultimate and Ultimate D4C. It's so....bizarre...

jbug617

Oct 25, 2017
Viz announced Stardust Crusaders Bluray release
DaM8ClsX0AEQwaZ.png:small

Link: https://www.rightstufanime.com/Jojos-Bizarre-Adventure-Season-2-Limited-Edition-Blu-ray-GWP

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
AW YEaahhhhh it's only the first half. Oh well, I should've expected that.

Lol the Right Stuf exclusive is another bandanna but this time blue & with the hand from Jotaro's hat instead of the stone mask. Debating if I'll order from them again or just wait for Amazon.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I just checked, it's the same price as S1/Parts 1 & 2.

Now I can't help but wonder how Part 4 will be released.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to episode 25 in Part 4 and it's incredible, but in a different way from 1-3. It feels more "real". Kira.....I hate in every way that I couldn't hate Dio and Kars. Dio in Part 1did incredibly vile shit but there was something about him that was just funny and cool as fuck. Kars was cool in some divine way, but he didn't come off like a total dick and has the most bad ass pose I've seen in the series. Dio in Part 3 never made my blood boil either, his charisma and mannerisms made me overlook somethings, also he was so over the top. Kira is just not "cool" and doesn't have ooze charisma, which is the PERFECT recipe for what I see in a great villain.

Joskue is also kinda growing on me, he's still my least favorite JoJo, but I like all of them. His relationship with Okuyasu has been great and you can see them growing as best friends over time. Araki really does a great job with his supporting cast in Parts 3-4. Everyone has their own arcs and growth. Already can't wait for Part 5. It looks like as the series goes on, the character designs get more and more bizarre and kinda out of this world, even Part 4 has some strange looking people living in Morioh. Like Shigechi.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
That's, what, the 3rd Jojo reference Arby's has made?

Also Toonami aired the Alessi Part 1 fight not too long ago. Alessi's VA did a GREAT job channeling the creepiness of the character & they got Erica Mendez (Gon in HxH, Ryuko in Kill la Kill) to play kid Polnareff. Which then hit me that she could be a good candidate for either Koichi or Hayato in Part 4.

Made it to episode 25 in Part 4 and it's incredible, but in a different way from 1-3. It feels more "real". Kira.....I hate in every way that I couldn't hate Dio and Kars. Dio in Part 1did incredibly vile shit but there was something about him that was just funny and cool as fuck. Kars was cool in some divine way, but he didn't come off like a total dick and has the most bad ass pose I've seen in the series. Dio in Part 3 never made my blood boil either, his charisma and mannerisms made me overlook somethings, also he was so over the top. Kira is just not "cool" and doesn't have ooze charisma, which is the PERFECT recipe for what I see in a great villain.
I think that's why Kira is one of my favorite Jojo villains, he's a great change up from Dio & Kars along with having a really cool stand power, plus it's rare to see a villain who just wants to live life normally without trying to stand out.

Oct 25, 2017
That's, what, the 3rd Jojo reference Arby's has made?

Also Toonami aired the Alessi Part 1 fight not too long ago. Alessi's VA did a GREAT job channeling the creepiness of the character & they got Erica Mendez (Gon in HxH, Ryuko in Kill la Kill) to play kid Polnareff. Which then hit me that she could be a good candidate for either Koichi or Hayato in Part 4.

I think that's why Kira is one of my favorite Jojo villains, he's a great change up from Dio & Kars along with having a really cool stand power, plus it's rare to see a villain who just wants to live life normally without trying to stand out.
Kira is also great because he's quirky as fuck. There's something very human about his imperfections and him being a demented hand fetish nutjob makes him a very believable serial killer.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody suffer from JoJo obsession? I seriously have been thinking about JoJo every day for 90% of the day for weeks. I was even listening to the soundtracks at the gym. Thinking of doing a rewatch of Part 1 and reading the manga as I wait for the Part 5 anime and for Eyes of Heaven and All Star Battle to go on sale.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Does anybody suffer from JoJo obsession? I seriously have been thinking about JoJo every day for 90% of the day for weeks. I was even listening to the soundtracks at the gym. Thinking of doing a rewatch of Part 1 and reading the manga as I wait for the Part 5 anime and for Eyes of Heaven and All Star Battle to go on sale.

I've been there lol. I would literally whisper "Ora" whenever I finished a heavy bench press set lol. I've been buying the part 3 Jojoniums as they're released and I also bought Stand figures, one Stand for each part that features them (except part 7 since there are no figures for that). Oh and I bought the Jojoveller artbook and my Vita is filled with Jojo wallpapers. I've chilled out a bit since then lol. I also have a thing for hands, especially fingernails, but not to the extent of murdering women and chopping off their hands.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that was...easily one of the more brutal main character deaths in Jojo.

Last edited:

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
Oh my god we have to wait until June?! Araki why

I have jojo socks, boxers, shirts, and belts, so yes.

Last edited:

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mamezukutearswzp38.jpg

No dammit... NO! Fucking Joubin

ArmsofSleep

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Washington DC
Enjoying Stone Ocean so far. I just got to Operation Savage Garden and...

WEEEEATHER FUCKING REPOOOORTTTT

- Controls the weather

- Catches people on fire with FRICTION

- Drinks piss

he rules already I love him