• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sir Guts

Use of alt account
Oct 26, 2017
New poster

B533_B054_D217_4_F11_8_B5_F_BBFAA672826_E.jpg

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Nice, Coda's back.

Also, don't get excited about the game. It's a chibi mobile thing.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Gold Experience has multiple poses with Giorno where one wonders whether or not Stands want to make love to their Users.

Oct 25, 2017

Man, I cannot wait for Toonami reactions to Kira.

Kira is what 25 eps in? There's going to be a lot of "What's the Part about?" posts I swear. Anybody that doesn't appreciate this part or Kira don't deserve either of them. Kira is fucking great though. I love how David Pro sprinkled him in a bit in the first ep. They better give him, Rohan and Koichi good voices, I won't stand for any Koichi slander.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I just know there's going to be so much fun when people realize who my avatar is. & the context of it. I'm going to get such a big laugh during scenes like when he's licking the hand at the bakery shop & act like that was the inspiration for the avatar.

But yes, I really hope people don't get impatient & be all "WHERE'S THE MAIN PLOOOOTTTTT" when this is meant to be more slice-of-life mixed with Twin Peaks & a murder mystery...which was great, because on the podcast the ToonamiERA group makes, one person who hasn't seen Part 4 was talking about Part 3 & was all "I wish it was more like a murder mystery"

Oct 25, 2017
I just know there's going to be so much fun when people realize who my avatar is. & the context of it. I'm going to get such a big laugh during scenes like when he's licking the hand at the bakery shop & act like that was the inspiration for the avatar.

But yes, I really hope people don't get impatient & be all "WHERE'S THE MAIN PLOOOOTTTTT" when this is meant to be more slice-of-life mixed with Twin Peaks & a murder mystery...which was great, because on the podcast the ToonamiERA group makes, one person who hasn't seen Part 4 was talking about Part 3 & was all "I wish it was more like a murder mystery"
Part 4 is Seinfeld x Scooby Doo x Twin Peaks with stands and it's one of the reasons why I love it more than SDC. It's just more intimate and you get to know the overall cast better.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. The overall cast is just so much better, especially when SDC had such a dull cast overall, save for Old Joseph (who gets bonus points for being the one entertaining character from Part 2) & Polnareff. Previous parts either had a good Jojo but dull side characters or vice versa. Part 4 is the first part where the whole main cast is memorable, plus the start of the stands being way more "out there".

Should be mentioned the main ToonamiERA reaction is that Part 3 was better than Part 1, but not as good as Part 2.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Not to mention the pacing. A couple of battles could've been cut down to a single episode. I imagine the overall reception to Part 4 will be higher due to the lower episode count & less 2 part episodes.

Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. The overall cast is just so much better, especially when SDC had such a dull cast overall, save for Old Joseph (who gets bonus points for being the one entertaining character from Part 2) & Polnareff. Previous parts either had a good Jojo but dull side characters or vice versa. Part 4 is the first part where the whole main cast is memorable, plus the start of the stands being way more "out there".

Should be mentioned the main ToonamiERA reaction is that Part 3 was better than Part 1, but not as good as Part 2.
Part 2 is mainly held together by Joseph and some moments being over the top in my opinion, but as an overall arc it's worse than Part 3, Part 2 is also paced better, nobody would like 48 eps of Part 2. The Duwang Gang is such a fun cast of characters, thankfully the cast grows as the series goes on unlike SDC.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 2 is mainly held together by Joseph and some moments being over the top in my opinion, but as an overall arc it's worse than Part 3, Part 2 is also paced better, nobody would like 48 eps of Part 2. The Duwang Gang is such a fun cast of characters, thankfully the cast grows as the series goes on unlike SDC.
IMO so far it's Part 3 > Part 4 > Part 1 > Part 2.

2 only holds together for Joseph and the music. Wammu is the only decent villain and Caesar is a chump/jobber.