• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
IMO so far it's Part 3 > Part 4 > Part 1 > Part 2.

2 only holds together for Joseph and the music. Wammu is the only decent villain and Caesar is a chump/jobber.
Part 4 was the part that put me fully on board with Jojo, not Part 3. I can have fun watching Part 3 now because I know where it goes, but I had a lot more fun with Part 4 on a week by week basis. I guess I liked something that was more character driven than plot driven, I also like the characters a lot more in Part 4. Part 3 honestly has my least favorite side characters. I'll put Koichi, Rohan and Okuyasu way above Polnareff, Avdol and Kakyoin. Part 4 was about growth while Part 3 was mainly just circling the globe like it was the level select in a Mega Man game to finally beat Dio.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 4 was the part that put me fully on board with Jojo, not Part 3. I can have fun watching Part 3 now because I know where it goes, but I had a lot more fun with Part 4 on a week by week basis. I guess I liked something that was more character driven than plot driven, I also like the characters a lot more in Part 4. Part 3 honestly has my least favorite side characters. I'll put Koichi, Rohan and Okuyasu way above Polnareff, Avdol and Kakyoin. Part 4 was about growth while Part 3 was mainly just circling the globe like it was the level select in a Mega Man game to finally beat Dio.
I just think the final battle and Dio > Part 4 alone. Plus I like Part 3's music over everything not part 2.

Part 3's battles are better as well IMO, if only slightly.

Oct 25, 2017
I just think the final battle and Dio > Part 4 alone. Plus I like Part 3's music over everything not part 2.

Part 3's battles are better as well IMO, if only slightly.
I'll admit Part 3 has some pretty good fights, but I think I just prefer the overall relaxed stakes of everything not revolving around Kira. I actually like the people in Part 4 just being random weird people with stands that don't have to get murdered or retired by the Jojo. They're actually characters in Part 4 with their own dreams and ambitions and not just Stand conduits. Also Dio is barely in his part. Remove Part 1 and Dio is slightly better than Diavolo...just more fun. Kira has more of a presence when he finally does come on scene and that's when the real fun starts to me. Watching Kira go from "I just want to live like a plant" to ending up living with Shinobu and growing through that only to go, "I want to continue whacking off to my hand collection" and going back to being a villain. Everything just comes together for me and Kira's not supposed to be as bombastic as Dio, that's not his character. He has an understated, demented menacing creep charm that he's suited to and he's written accordingly, he even has similar quirks that a serial killer most likely would've had. I even like Part 5 more than SDC, SDC isn't even my least favorite Part since I've gotten a pretty good appreciation for it now, there are just certain things I think it fucked up on, which is the characters and that's something I actually have to like with anything that I watch. I actually could like Kakyoin for example, but SDC doesn't pay that much attention to him, he has some minor feats and then Death 13, after that he just jobs, Avdol died twice for Polnareff's sins. I honestly don't even like Polnareff and that's the side character that got the most development. I even like the "Polnareff's" from later parts with Hermes probably being my favorite. I just see SDC as just a competent prototype that has some fun fights and a great finale. Meanwhile Part 4 is "let's have fun with this cast" and I personally prefer when a writer just decides to have fun with the cast, which is why I care more about the Duwang Gang even despite the "filler" than I do with SDC and let's travel the globe to fight Dio. The whole thing is most likely just different strokes for different folks. Also Part 4 has some killer music, it reflects the time period that it was meant to reflect really damn well since it's experimental 90's alt and trip hop with some other groovy shit mixed in.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Chibi Giorno: "On this episode of Giorno and Mista's Standopedia, we present to you the Metallica fight."
Chibi Mista: "Buy the Blu Ray to see it actually animated."
Hehehe

And so, I checked all the previous PVs for each & every JoJo season/Part animated by DPro thus far - and all of them were listed as airing at '24:30' while Vento Aureo is '25:05,' so...I guess it is in fact airing at a later time than it ever has. Well, by 35 minutes, that is :0

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Well now this is very heartbreaking.... Rest in Peace

And, the first role I remember hearing him as was Onix/Iwark the Pokemon, and quite obviously many more fond memories getting to hear him all throughout

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Looks like JoJolion is reaching its climax

"Finally, I asked the development of Part 8 "Jojolion", which is about to finally climax."

"I do not draw a story while deciding the details finely.I think not while deciding a goal from the beginning but thinking while painting.The whole constitution and each struggle are the same.The stage in the 8th section I will move on to the hospital and I think that the story is going to converge at last.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/feature/1055

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017

"Finally, I asked the development of Part 8 "Jojolion", which is about to finally climax."

"I do not draw a story while deciding the details finely.I think not while deciding a goal from the beginning but thinking while painting.The whole constitution and each struggle are the same.The stage in the 8th section I will move on to the hospital and I think that the story is going to converge at last.

Oh man, we're totally going to have a million "Araki forgot" moments, are we?

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I do feel like we're reaching the end soon, but as soon as having the climax after the hospital? Seems kind of too close but I'll just have to wait and see what gets revealed in the next few chapters.
JoJolion Chapter is out
Oh no Yasuhooooooo! Stay away from her you bad bad rock man!

Hopefully Araki has her actually fight back. I'm dying for Yasuho to get into a fight instead of being support all the time.

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn the idea of Jojolion ending soon (relatively speaking) is crazy to me. Wonder if waiting another year or two, so I can reread and finish the part in one go would be worth it.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 8 is definitely the weakest.

Just yuck. The only good thing IMO is Josuke and Yasuho's relationship. Rock men are just shitty versions of the Piller Men/vampires.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Part 8 is definitely the weakest.

Just yuck. The only good thing IMO is Josuke and Yasuho's relationship. Rock men are just shitty versions of the Piller Men/vampires.
Part 8 is middling for me as of right now. The ending would make or break it for me. If Jojolion, a series that leans HEAVILY into the mystery genre, left us with more questions than answers (Araki didn't plan everything from beginning to end, let's be honest), I'll feel like I've wasted my time with the series. I'm just hoping the part escalates into pure insanity by the final arcs.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I would not be surprised if Araki knew exactly how he wanted Jojolion to begin and exactly how he wanted it to end, and then everything in-between was a patchwork path from A to B.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
that's honestly been a lot of the parts tbh. he sets up some overarching stuff and then everything inbetween is random ideas he had. like the extensive stand battle we got against the flying tubes in part 6 reads like he just learned about those and wanted to do it

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
that's honestly been a lot of the parts tbh. he sets up some overarching stuff and then everything inbetween is random ideas he had. like the extensive stand battle we got against the flying tubes in part 6 reads like he just learned about those and wanted to do it
It's definitely something he learned while clicking random on wikipedia

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but we had a clear villain with tiebacks to previous parts.

This just feels like a giant wiki walk.

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, but we had a clear villain with tiebacks to previous parts.

This just feels like a giant wiki walk.
I actually feel like he's managed to make it feel like a progressive series of events, more so than usual.

When it comes to villains it feels like he's definitely depending on the finale moreso than the previous parts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I can't think of another part that begs the question "Where is this going?" more frequently than Jojolion.

Parts 1, 2, and 3 are straightforward as hell. Part 7 gets off to a shaky start as Araki tries to figure out what he wants SBR to be, but once he gains confidence, it's full steam ahead.

Part 5 is fairly straightforward but zigzags when the emphasis shifts back and forth between Diavolo's loyalists and Nero's hit squad. Then it wobbles like jello as it approaches and enters its endgame.

Parts 4 and 6 are the only ones I would consider to be in Part 8's ballpark in this regard. In the case of Part 4, it's Araki trying to balance "advance a main plot" with "showcase Morioh as a living, breathing town", so at least I understand his objectives when writing. In the case of Part 6... eh, this one is a pretty big hodgepodge, so I wouldn't knock anyone for thinking Jojolion is more convincingly written.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
I don't read the manga but does Araki plan to end JoJo anytime soon?
As talented as he is, he's gonna run out of steam sooner or later right?

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I don't read the manga but does Araki plan to end JoJo anytime soon?
As talented as he is, he's gonna run out of steam sooner or later right?
Araki hasn't indicated he means to retire in the near future.

It's currently expected that he will continue on to Part 9 after Part 8 is finished. However, those two feats combined will probably take about a decade. It would not be shocking if the hypothetical Part 9 were his final work.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that the Part 4 dub premiere is tonight on Cartoon Network/Adult Swim/Toonami at 12:30 a.m. Eastern. & hopefully, we'll be able to get a screencap of voice actors that'll be appearing later on.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Part 4 dub hype.

3b2.jpg

We eatin tonight.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Koichi is voiced by Zach Aguilar, who did the voice of Genos in One Punch Man.

Otherwise, we still know very little about the dub cast, basically just everyone who appeared in the first episode.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Also of note, the ADR Script Writer who handled the Part 3 dub returns for Part 4, so there should be some really good quotes down the line.

Viz is once again putting their A-game into this dub.

Oct 25, 2017
Am I wrong for thinking Dio's head being on Jonathan's body kind of fucks with the DNA or stand potential of the Joestars? I mean it definitely had an effect with Giorno for example. Also all of Dio's kids have an OP as fuck stand.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
1. Sex Pistols
2. Killer Queen
3. Whitesnake
4. Weather Report
5. D4C
6. The World
7. Sticky Fingers
8. Diver Down
9. Scary Monsters
10. Stone Free

Wes D. Mess

Avenger
Aug 11, 2018
Chicago
Been reading the manga for the past couple of weeks, up to part 6 right now.

Very enjoyable. I dunno how to rank them, all I know is that Part 1 (Phantom Blood) is at the bottom, lol. Still like it tho.