• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
DtKU1yrVYAAjxqY.jpg

While I did say in the anime thread that I'll miss Trish's old punker-looking design, which even the games left in - on the other hand, I'm glad we're completely skipping over her noodle hair which didn't quite occur until like the Notorious B.I.G. scuffle. I think that thing's like half the reason peeps had kept calling her ugly, just the big hair itself aside.

Or maybe just the fact that Araki hadn't quite perfected in drawing girls really until close to Part 6, and DPro are going off of the latest designs which were by that point

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I'm really psyched to see anime viewers reaction to the turtle
Whose name is Coco Jumbo
and whose Stand name is Mr. President

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
It even has the same leitmotif as the gang's theme/Mista's pursuit theme/whatever it might be

Pesci is too pure to be a gangstar
While I did say in the anime thread that I'll miss Trish's old punker-looking design, which even the games left in - on the other hand, I'm glad we're completely skipping over her noodle hair which didn't quite occur until like the Notorious B.I.G. scuffle. I think that thing's like half the reason peeps had kept calling her ugly, just the big hair itself aside.

Or maybe just the fact that Araki hadn't quite perfected in drawing girls really until close to Part 6, and DPro are going off of the latest designs which were by that point
Oh wow, I didn't even notice they straight up skipped over her first outfit

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
oh man i need to hear vic as rohan now

ediit: well now i have

Last edited:

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Still not sure how to feel about the guy, Vic, himself...but the role sounds alright I think tho

Aaaaanyhoo, Zonic

*One, big, potentially illegal HMM.gif.....*
(Yes, I know it should actually be the start of January but this guy probably doesn't)

And he voiced a guy who had flying hands too, lmao

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Just got to Oingo Boingo.

The small brother on larger brother's shoulder immediately made me think of:

006.jpg

Togashi really does love his Araki echoes.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I just now realized that Santana is inspired by the creature from The Thing, what with all the body horror.
Honestly Santana really felt terrifying in his power since it relied on absorption. I'll just assume that Cars and co. were able to withstand him and are powerful enough to counter him.

At any rate, I am bummed out that we STILL don't have Slamming Gold :/

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
I just now realized that Santana is inspired by the creature from The Thing, what with all the body horror.
Honestly Santana really felt terrifying in his power since it relied on absorption. I'll just assume that Cars and co. were able to withstand him and are powerful enough to counter him.

Santana was the weakest I think

He didn't even have any elemental modes and just used his normal pillar man shit

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
yeah I think santana was essentially a kid/much younger and weaker. Note how he had to learn speech and stuff while Cars and co already had this knowledge.
Whammu funny enough is around the same age as Santana, Acdc and Cars were the oldest and raised the other since they were pillar babies. Whammu was better than Acdc though. Santana just sucks lol he was their raditz.

Santana wasn't even with them when they slept

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Whammu funny enough is around the same age as Santana, Acdc and Cars were the oldest and raised the other since they were pillar babies. Whammu was better than Acdc though. Santana just sucks lol he was their raditz.

Santana wasn't even with them when they slept
Oh I see, I thought Whammu was older despite being younger than acdc/kars

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017

Tony Parker as Polnareff and Yao Ming as Kakyoin LMAO
I liked Rohan's voice when he got crazy/raised voice took a bit tho to get used to

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Vic as Rohan is............WEIRD. It's less the voice itself that I have a problem with, but I know Vic as voicing teenage boys (FMA, Ouran Host Club, etc.), so to see him voice this older guy, especially with a pitch that's higher than what I was expecting, came as a shock. I started warming up later in the episode when he was going more crazy, but when he's just talking like normal, it doesn't really do it for me.

Aaaaanyhoo, Zonic

(Yes, I know it should actually be the start of January but this guy probably doesn't)

WEEESSSKKKEEERRRRR

also lol getting shoot to voice another guy involving hands is funny.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
oh man i need to hear vic as rohan now

ediit: well now i have

Still not sure how to feel about the guy, Vic, himself...but the role sounds alright I think tho

Aaaaanyhoo, Zonic

Yeah not feeling Vic as Rohan. He keeps doing this whole whispering thing. I can't really describe it. Sometimes he sounds like he's going for an accent too. When I was reading the manga I actually always heard Liam O'Brien in my head, which isn't fitting either but I couldn't make it stop lol.

Wesker as Kira on the other hand....

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Don't forget the holes in Woody being pretty much the Justice-Stand-mystery verbatim

And wait'll you see the stuff in later Parts

Yup, thought of that as well.

--

Also, I find it a funny coincidence that the best arcs (from what I hear from JoJo fans) for both series were running at pretty much the same time (2003-2011 and 2004-2011).

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DC Douglas as Kira?

Yes please. And Liam O as Rohan? Nah, he's more buff deep stoic types. Vic is perfect.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
You know...I don't exactly hate Vic as Rohan. His voice is deep in the sub, but Rohan is pretty effeminate.

I think Vic's casting will grow on me. I don't hate it, but Vic is kind of in that Bryce Papenbrook territory (though he is way better at emoting) where I always hear the actor behind the character if that makes sense.

Though Vic is also kind of a real life Rohan in personality, so I can see it working overtime lol

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
damn, reading the manga Mista is just too cool all the time. It reminds me of Josuke where it just feels like Araki is writing dream husbando OC lol

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I need folks in the anime thread to understand that their beloved lucky boy Giorno bows down before the coolness of Bruno and Mista.

I will also say that the anime is making me a much bigger fan of Narancia than the manga did.

Oct 25, 2017
I need folks in the anime thread to understand that their beloved lucky boy Giorno bows down before the coolness of Bruno and Mista.

I will also say that the anime is making me a much bigger fan of Narancia than the manga did.
If I remember right Giorno really likes Mista and Bruno. I like Giorno too though. I honestly think Part 5 has the best cast...granted 4,5 and 6 are great casts minus Anansui and Fugo.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The Rohan in the introduction is a bit of a different character than the Rohan for the rest of the series. The more I just think on it, the more Vic does seem to suit Rohan

Oct 25, 2017
The Rohan in the introduction is a bit of a different character than the Rohan for the rest of the series. The more I just think on it, the more Vic does seem to suit Rohan
Vic reading out all of the personal details of ghost girl should be fucking hilarious. Yeah menacing Rohan and troll Rohan really do feel like two very different characters. Vic should definitely be more suited for troll Rohan.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Man I just watched a clip of dub Rohan and listening to it so soon after Qrow in the latest episodes of RWBY is freaking odd.

Also yay I can make another Jojo/Persona connection.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Welp
Tomorrow is Friday
The game awards start at 5:30 AM over here

Guess I'm waking up horny real early tomorrow.