• iOS/Safari issues when launching the site from mobile home screens should now be fixed! A2HS button compatibility on Android Firefox has also been fixed! Add some purple to your home screen today.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure ERA |OT| Stand Up and Pose

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
After reading the first two Parts a couple of years ago, I finally went back and continued. Reading it in colour makes the whole thing a lot better; it's beautiful to look at and it becomes easier to read the action. I quite liked all of the parts, though (mostly) there was always something that I felt was holding them back from being as amazing as they could have been. I also enjoyed the "generational" aspect of the story a lot more than I originally though I would.

Part 3 was pretty great, it felt like a natural evolution of Part 1 and 2, only with Stands. A lot of great characters and interesting battles.
On Part 4 I feel a bit more mixed; I liked the smaller scope and the characters, though they were maybe a bit flat; there was quite a bit of fighting someone to the death only to have them become an ally a chapter later. The biggest issue was that I found the tone of the story changing wildly from arc to arc.
I enjoyed Part 5, there were a lot of interesting battles. It was a bit weird that Bucciarati felt more like a protagonist than Giorno. They kinda dropped the whole "Giorno is the son of Dio/Joseph", and Jotaro didn't intervene after sending Koichi at the beginning. The ending was also a bit rushed (mostly I would have liked to see what Giorno did as the new boss).
Part 6 was mostly great, though I felt some "stand" fatigue, if that makes sense. I liked the characters a lot and the overall story. I'm still thinking about the ending (there was a great post on Reddit which was very interesting and helpful).
Part 7 is probably the one I liked the most, and it's partly because it's quite unique compared to the others and partly because it felt a lot more focused. Really liked the characters, and how many"older" characters made appearances (despite being of course not quite the same); I wasn't expecting Dio to come back at the end, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to be a Dio with The World. I should have expected Zeppeli's death, it runs in the family.

I'll probably start Part 8 later today. I should probably check out the anime at some point.

Oct 29, 2017
After reading the first two Parts a couple of years ago, I finally went back and continued. Reading it in colour makes the whole thing a lot better; it's beautiful to look at and it becomes easier to read the action. I quite liked all of the parts, though (mostly) there was always something that I felt was holding them back from being as amazing as they could have been. I also enjoyed the "generational" aspect of the story a lot more than I originally though I would.

Part 3 was pretty great, it felt like a natural evolution of Part 1 and 2, only with Stands. A lot of great characters and interesting battles.
On Part 4 I feel a bit more mixed; I liked the smaller scope and the characters, though they were maybe a bit flat; there was quite a bit of fighting someone to the death only to have them become an ally a chapter later. The biggest issue was that I found the tone of the story changing wildly from arc to arc.
I enjoyed Part 5, there were a lot of interesting battles. It was a bit weird that Bucciarati felt more like a protagonist than Giorno. They kinda dropped the whole "Giorno is the son of Dio/Joseph", and Jotaro didn't intervene after sending Koichi at the beginning. The ending was also a bit rushed (mostly I would have liked to see what Giorno did as the new boss).
Part 6 was mostly great, though I felt some "stand" fatigue, if that makes sense. I liked the characters a lot and the overall story. I'm still thinking about the ending (there was a great post on Reddit which was very interesting and helpful).
Part 7 is probably the one I liked the most, and it's partly because it's quite unique compared to the others and partly because it felt a lot more focused. Really liked the characters, and how many"older" characters made appearances (despite being of course not quite the same); I wasn't expecting Dio to come back at the end, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to be a Dio with The World. I should have expected Zeppeli's death, it runs in the family.

I'll probably start Part 8 later today. I should probably check out the anime at some point.
That part 6 reddit post helped me to like what happened a lot better when I was a little sour on the ending at first. An alternate good guy Pucci panel at the end would have been great, but leaving it ambiguous is cool to let everyone form their own opinions.

Part 7 ending I was internally yelling STOP ATTACKING JOHNNY each time an innocent gets killed, that was fucked up, but I guess he would have been killed if he had been too defensive

Anime is great to see the panels in motion hope they complete the whole thing eventually

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
That part 6 reddit post helped me to like what happened a lot better when I was a little sour on the ending at first. An alternate good guy Pucci panel at the end would have been great, but leaving it ambiguous is cool to let everyone form their own opinions.

Part 7 ending I was internally yelling STOP ATTACKING JOHNNY each time an innocent gets killed, that was fucked up, but I guess he would have been killed if he had been too defensive

Anime is great to see the panels in motion hope they complete the whole thing eventually
Personally I think it's more likely that he doesn't even exist in this new universe, but I agree that it's nice to leave it ambiguous.
He needed to get that perfect rotation, he had to try.
On the anime, that's exactly what I was thinking. There are a lot of moments which should be incredible in motion. The end of Part 6 being one of them for sure, once they get there.

For some reason, I found this panel extremely funny:

Last edited: