• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So it's a new universe, characters are all different versions of themselves, and it's a happy ending ?

And the alternate universe of SBR onwards has no relation to MiH too ?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
What was the point of any of this shit brothers

i mean the pages were nice to look at, but damn, Araki really wanted to burn the whole shack down

Oct 25, 2017
So it's a new universe, characters are all different versions of themselves, and it's a happy ending ?

im not so sure about that considering SBR would take place much earlier than neo stone ocean did

and its not really a happy ending, emporio is frightened and scared, and weather report is alone

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
What was the point of any of this shit brothers

i mean the pages were nice to look at, but damn, Araki really wanted to burn the whole shack down

I don't think Steel Ball Run was officially Jojo part 7 at the beginning. It was just Steel Ball Run. Not sure why, maybe Araki just wanted people to lower expectations a bit?

Edit: The game Jump Super Stars classifies Jojo's Bizarre Adventure and Steel Ball Run as two different series.

Also the Steel Ball Run stage is Mexico, which is pretty interesting, I don't think any of that part actually takes place in Mexico lol

Last edited:

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, thats the only thing i aggressively dislike about Jojo. Basically rebooted the franchise.

Still hope one day he Unreboots it and goes back in like part 10 or something. Theres a level of disconnect for me that makes me not as attached to SBR or jojolion's characters knowing they have no relation in any way.

Would've preferred Jolyne becoming the new jotaro-recurring-character person over just a flat reboot.

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to Christmas sales and Christmas money, I played Bayonetta again for the first time in a few years.

I think I finally "get" why people like it so much... and I'm pretty sure the reason why my opinion changed is because I started watching Jojo since lol

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017

If this somehow doesn't lead to Jojo considering all the teasing he's done, I will be shocked, especially since this week's Jojo episode on Toonami is Rohan Kishibe's Adventure aka Kira's first actual appearance, which is in 5 days.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
man, Made in Heaven is even more bumming than expected. In my mind I had all this theory about how Giorno survived through the reset and probably exists somewhere in the alternate universe.

Araki razed the OG universe with napalm. I guess you needed to kill the past to come up with something like Steel Ball Run after

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, giorno probably survived it yeah because GER is bullshit incarnate.

But SBR is worth it.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, giorno probably survived it yeah because GER is bullshit incarnate.

But SBR is worth it.

SBR is godlike. Re-reading "Break My Heart, Break Your Heart" was even better than the first time through.
I hope the funny little icons in the speech bubbles finds their way in the anime in 2035.

Didn't know Araki ever had it in him to make multi-layered characters like Johnny Joestar. One of the best anti-heroes I've encountered in manga form.

I just hope Araki ever tries again with a Giorno-type character in his new universe, it would be really interesting to see how he could play a genuine but also manipulative character with his new style.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since Fugo's been on everyone's mind lately this is my favorite exchange of that Vento Aureo BLAZED Twitter thread:

FUGO: Man... It would be fucked up if I was a spy or some shit and attacked you now right
BRUNO: Yeah
FUGO: Yeah... that'd be fucked up. Bye

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
oh ok i just read why giorno might have been in Florida.

Probably looked at this shit from afar and stabbed himself 3 or 4 times with the arrow when he understood what was happening

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Giorno butting in part 6 would have been hilarious.

Jotaro, Jolyne and her crew and Giorno in the same boat. Imagine the awkwardness of meeting your 20 something (?) great-uncle who is the boss of a mafia gang and is pretty much invincible

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
If Giorno showed up in Part 6, it would have been to die.

Araki was not going to let GER prevent the heartbreak he had in store.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
maybe giorno will pop up at the end of jojolion

honestly GRE might be the only stand that could somehow fix the universe

It reminds me I haven't read Jojolion so I don't know what it does or hint yet but I highly doubt giogio will ever pop back again.

Did Araki ever recently draw giorno ? i'm interested to see his take now

Oct 25, 2017
It reminds me I haven't read Jojolion so I don't know what it does or hint yet but I highly doubt giogio will ever pop back again.

Did Araki ever recently draw giorno ? i'm interested to see his take now
i havent either lmao but maybe im just being optimistic that he'll tie it all together eventually

feels weird that he brought giorno to florida but nothing was made of it

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I found this, he looks great in this.

latest

i havent either lmao but maybe im just being optimistic that he'll tie it all together eventually

feels weird that he brought giorno to florida but nothing was made of it

i think it was just easy fanservice, after so many years araki must have definitely forgot lol

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There was some kid in the early chapters (the fight with the biker Stand) that seemed like a shout-out to a young, pre-Italy Giorno. Same haircut as Giorno has in the flashbacks as a kid, and a lady bug motif on his clothes iirc.

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I just saw Giorno's muda in Japanese.

a6c.gif

If this was but a taste the main course will be perfect.

Oct 25, 2017
Make no mistake; that pure sex charisma is all Dio.

All though I'll raise you Jotaro beating down Dio the first time by the manhole as the best beatdown song.
I have relistened to Jotaro's...it's got nothing on Giorno's to be honest. Once the choir kicks in for Giorno's Jotaro's lost. Everything musically is implemented way better in Giorno's, but that's just my opinion.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
im not so sure about that considering SBR would take place much earlier than neo stone ocean did

and its not really a happy ending, emporio is frightened and scared, and weather report is alone
Nah, Jojolion takes place in 2011, like Stone Ocean. Unless the final chapters involve them fighting the Rock Humans while the Universe keeps on resetting, there is no chance it is related to the Pre-Part 7 World. Which does make me wonder, where does a hypothetical Part 9 Go?
The Holy Corpse is a thematical bastract core, like the Stand Arrows for parts 4-6. Unlike those however, we are very obviously with the timelines bookends, the start of the Joestar Legacy in SBR, and the cumulation with the last Joestar, Kira Yoshikage(still WTFing over that particular bit.) Unless Josuke has kids, we are literally at a dead end. This is a stretch, but I am going to guess that perhaps Johnny survived as a rock human, and part 9 will take place around World War 2 again, this time with a Rock Human Joseph.

Also, the Anime fans aren't gonna have a real flip out till Part 7 I think. The final villain is gonna cause some real meltdowns I think.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Damn, World War jojo would be a fuckin' insane read.
I didn't mean actual World War 2 Jojo, more like World War 2 Jojo in the sense that Battle Tendency had Nazis. But thinking about it again, Part 9 going back to WW2 would indeed be fucking insane. Having the Axis powers be in control of the Holy Corpse, with Joseph as an Allied powers Ace Pilot, fighting stand users across Europe and finally going up against the Nazi Leader would be an experience.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Golden Wind originally ran from 1995 to 1999, and that's as much as I dare Google about it, so about a third of the way through the story would be late 1996 or 1997. The biggest popular musical trend in 1996 seems to have been hip hop, so that seems like a good bet for a new OP style.

Of course, outside of hip hop, the elephant in the room when it comes to popular Western music in 1996 is the Spice Girls, but that's a bit unlikely.

But then, everything about JoJo's is a bit unlikely.

Still, surely not. Even Araki wouldn't request something like this.

...Would he?

tenor.gif

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
Question: Why do people hate Stone Ocean so much? I used to think Stardust was the most hated seeing as how its mostly a slog to read/watch.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Question: Why do people hate Stone Ocean so much? I used to think Stardust was the most hated seeing as how its mostly a slog to read/watch.
It should be noted that Stone Ocean is by no means "hated" overall; majority opinion of it is still positive (with various degrees of fondness). That being said...

Based on what I've seen and read from the detractors, I think the sheer weirdness of the Stands in Part 6 is the biggest turn-off for those folks. Some folks, despite being genuine JoJo fans, have a limit to the level of bizarre they can appreciate. As a result, a bunch of people don't find Stone Ocean's battles satisfying and they make no secret of that. Battles in Part 6 can get pretty confusing; I love Stone Ocean, but there were times I had to look back a couple panels to double check what actually happened in a fight.

Similarly, Stone Ocean does have some rather asspull-y segments. Again, it's one of those things that boils down to personal tolerance. For some people, SO was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I've encountered a couple of folks who disliked Stone Ocean for the simple fact the ending crushed them. They didn't like what happened to the original universe and they see Stone Ocean as this big house fire that took away everything they loved (which I think is a crazy way to look at things, but to each their own).

A bunch of folks don't find the contained setting of the prison to be particularly interesting. Compared to previous parts, Stone Ocean really does have the most confined surroundings, so people who enjoy the "big journey" elements of Parts 3/5/7 or the in-depth "life of a town" approach offered by Parts 4/8 don't necessarily warm up to the prison.

Also, perhaps less common than the other reasons, is that despite the fact Jolyne is wildly popular among most Western fans and Japanese women, there exists a certain sub-set of the fanbase (for the sake of being polite, let's call them "gigantic assholes") that sees her and goes "Grrrrr.... woman main character bad". This is not to say all critics of Jolyne are such assholes, but they exist.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
Fair enough . but the asspull and crazy ass powers are what make Jojo...Jojo, and I like the ending because it has real consequences , no bullshit "power of friendship" "good guys suddenly get super power up at the last second" stuff (its the villain who does it this time , and I love Made In Heaven).

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every time I try to read stone ocean I get bored after like a fight and a half. it's definitely because of the setting and lack of compelling characters outside of jolyne so far. it's also annoying having jotaro around when he can't do anything, even more annoying than the rain bit in part 4.