• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RadioHeadAche

Oct 26, 2017
I finished my re-read of part 5. It really is a great part, even if the ending is kind of weak. Aside from the characters and art, one of the best things is that there's really no lull in the action. It moves at a really brisk pace, and yet gives enough time to the characters to flesh them out and make them as likable as they are.

I must have read too fast in my first read through, because both Abbaccio's and Narancia's deaths made me teary-eyed which didn't happen last time. Particularly this moment from Giorno:
img_0937psict.jpg
img_0938t5fsw.jpg

Giorno is a good jojo, too. He just is a lot more reserved and serious compared to Josuke and Jolyne. I think he's also overshadowed by the others in the gang. And King Crimson is the real villain. Diavolo is his stand that lets him move around.

I think it's really funny that Mista jumped out of a window and fell several stories onto a car, and not only survived, but got up and just stood there like nothing happened (minus some squirting blood). What a champ

I'm sad part 5 is over. I want to keep reading it.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Anyone else think that the second cour/chunk of Part 5 will end with Notorious BIG vs Spice Girl?

Episode 14: Grateful Dead Part 1
Episode 15: Grateful Dead Part 2
Episode 16: Grateful Dead Part 3
Episode 17: Baby Face Part 1
Episode 18: Baby Face Part 2
Episode 19: White Album Part 1
Episode 20: White Album Part 2
Episode 21: Last Orders from Boss
Episode 22: Mystery of King Crimson
Episode 23: Clash/Talking Head Part 1
Episode: 24: Clash/Talking Head Part 2
Episode 25: Notorious B.I.G/Spice Girl Part 1
Episode 26: Notorious B.I.G/Spice Girl Part 2

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Question: Why do people hate Stone Ocean so much? I used to think Stardust was the most hated seeing as how its mostly a slog to read/watch.

I think Stone Ocean is much more liked than part 5 in the west for example.

Personally I just don't like the team outside of Hermes/Jolyne/F.F, and a lot of fights are confusing as hell.

Also it's a proxy Jotaro vs Dio struggle, god knows we needed that again.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I believe Part 6 entirely lives or dies on its main cast.

You're either going to love it or hate it based on them.

I love everybody that's not Annasui, so it's unequivocally my favorite part.

CAUSE THEY'RE ALL SO FUCKING COOL

Oct 25, 2017
I love Hermes, Jolyne and FF, the rest are kind of there for me. I don't mind Emporio, Weather was OK until you saw the BS that his stand did, which is pure unleaded BS and I love Pucci. Anansui can just die in a dumpster fire.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Anasui and Diver Down is a perfect example of "character who is not deserving of such a cool Stand".

Oct 25, 2017
Part 6 took a bit too long to get going, for my tastes. Going from the cocaine rush of Part 5 to them dicking around in the prison for half the time wasn't great, even if Jolyne was a good character.

I found it much more interesting once they were out and there was stuff like that dude who could summon the earth's memories or the Shin Weather Report fight

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
AWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Kinda wish we got a little sample, but hell yeah, rewatching Part 4 got even more exciting

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Was just about to post the YouTube link! I am so hype

Also, yeaaaah I think they'll still have to go with 'Deadly Queen'

If you guys've seen the latest Toonami Commercial-Bumper for JoJo, TOM (Steve Blum) actually calls Josuke's Stand "Crazy Diamond" for whatever reason. This may be a similar case outside the translated anime itself

Though, I just like to think that TOM doesn't have to abide by the rules of our Planet Earth up in outer space

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Was just about to post the YouTube link! I am so hype

Also, yeaaaah I think they'll still have to go with 'Deadly Queen'

If you guys've seen the latest Toonami Bumper, TOM (Steve Blum) actually calls Josuke Stand "Crazy Diamond" for whatever reason. This may be a similar case outside the translated anime itself

Though, I just like to think that TOM doesn't have to abide by the rules of our Planet Earth
I don't know that Toonami knows/cares about that stuff.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah, I think that's exactly the case here.

Anyway, I believe D.C. will do a fine job, based on what I looked through last night of his archived footage in acting on various TV shows in the past few decades

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I take it Deadly Queen is what it's called in a game?
Killer/Deadly Queen is weird. Apparently, in the EU version of All-Star Battle, it was kept as Killer & even seen during some pre-release streams, but in the US version, it was Deadly & what Crunchyroll used for the subs, which most likely might be what the dub uses considering it's usually the "official" name change. They also removed "Sheer" to make it "Heart Attack", and the "s" to make Bite the Dust. Plus Stray Cat was Feral Cat.

.........but then Eyes of Heaven comes out in the US 2 months before the episode that Killer Queen first appears in the Part 4 anime & put back the "s" to be Bites the Dust again. Plus they changed it back to Stray Cat, which was allowed to be in the Crunchyroll subs.

So my guess is the dub will change it to Deadly Queen & Heart Attack, but keep Stray Cat & Bites the Dust.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
I believe Part 6 entirely lives or dies on its main cast.

You're either going to love it or hate it based on them.

I love everybody that's not Annasui, so it's unequivocally my favorite part

CAUSE THEY'RE ALL SO FUCKING COOL
Annasui is cool too, the hell? He's a psychopath, sure. But everyone is. Those couple of chapters with him and weather report on the back of the truck going to Orlando are some of my favorite chapters in all of Jojo.

Annasui is good because everyone hates him and dunks on him constantly.
No he is good because of how ridiculously 1 dimensional his character is. He is so flat he circles back to interesting.

Part 6 took a bit too long to get going, for my tastes. Going from the cocaine rush of Part 5 to them dicking around in the prison for half the time wasn't great, even if Jolyne was a good character.

I found it much more interesting once they were out and there was stuff like that dude who could summon the earth's memories or the Shin Weather Report fight
Nah. That is the whole point of part 6. If they found out about Pucci earlier and more of the chapters were sent outside, it would have felt rushed. The whole point is finding out who Whitesnake's Stand User is, and what their motives are. Not to mention the prison setting allowed some great setups and restrictions for how to use their stands.

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Here's how Kira sounds in the dub.

You can tell that Douglas kinda took inspiration from his Kamoshida performance from Persona 5.

Also super cool that Buckland got to voice Reimi, one step closer to being the VA for Jolyne for Part 6.

Oct 25, 2017

You can tell that Douglas kinda took inspiration from his Kamoshida performance from Persona 5.

Also super cool that Buckland got to voice Reimi, one step closer to being the VA for Jolyne for Part 6.

Time for complete global mano saturation. Can't wait for the ep where he finger bangs a sandwich in public, DC should have fun with that scene. He's sounding good and I'm pretty sure he's only going to get more comfortable.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Regarding your answer KujoJosuke. Yes the Stand Arrows in Passione are explained.Basically Diavolo went to Enya who i believe was working with Dio at the time so he likely met Dio. Dio gave Diavolo the funding to form Passione in exchange for some of the Stand Arrows.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

Fuck yeah, DC Douglas is awesome. You knew it was coming from that MENACING tweet a while back.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
"Diavolo was listed as a casualty as well, but in reality had slipped off to Egypt to join an excavation. During this, he found six arrow heads by chance; He stole them, fled, and soon met Enya Geil, who told Diavolo of their use. He then sold five of the six to Enya for a very large sum of money and very likely returned to Italy to create Passione, "

Dio emerged in 1983 and died in 1988 so it's completely possible for Enya to have met Dio before she met Diavolo

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere does it say he met Dio though. Part 5 has basically nothing to do with him, which is why it makes no sense to say that Giorno is cleaning up Dio's mess given that he didn't directly or indirectly do anything to cause Diavolo to be a cunt. He was just always that way.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Nowhere does it say he met Dio though. Part 5 has basically nothing to do with him, which is why it makes no sense to say that Giorno is cleaning up Dio's mess given that he didn't directly or indirectly do anything to cause Diavolo to be a cunt. He was just always that way.
True but Enya could have met Diavolo under Dio's orders which is very possible. I do agree he didn't meet Diavolo but Dio likely did give him the funding through Enya.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I wonder if diavolo wouldve looked better if that fishnet shirt thing were a decoration on his suit.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Diavolo would have been worse if he was actually the figure in a suit.

I ain't watching jojo for regular costumes