• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
True but Enya could have met Diavolo under Dio's orders which is very possible. I do agree he didn't meet Diavolo but Dio likely did give him the funding through Enya.
Sounds like a stretch dude. I get that Dio's actions have had an effect on many of the parts, but this one is by far and large the one where his connection kind of starts and stops at being Giorno's semi-dad.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I think Killer Queen gets around it already as it's not just "Queen" anyway. Bites the Dust and sheer Heart attack might get changed up though.
in a separate tweet DC kinda already confirmed that they'll have to go with deadly Queen

If you're curious to know, however, they were also able to say "Crazy Diamond" in the commercial bumper, surprisingly

Is it just me or is the sound mixing in the dub really weird sometimes. Voices just seem too loud (?)
The volume of any background noise and the BGM itself are kinda lowered whenever a character speaks, but I don't know exactly why. Of course, it is a bit of a shame for what JoJo's anime has to offer. It just appears to be something with BangZoom!'s dubs {or possibly plain ol' ViZ/Studiopolis(?), too, but I haven't paid much attention to those ones}

Not to be all nitpicky but personally, I still kinda prefer this over what FUNimation has going on with their dubs. Some kind of filtering thing with the recording process that makes the actors sound a bit...throaty, I guess? Ehh, don't take my word for this. Everything else about them is definitely much more than serviceable imo

Sorry to go off on a bit of a tangent there. Despite the varying choices different studios call for, I love both anime dubs and JP audio equally when it comes down to it

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like a stretch dude. I get that Dio's actions have had an effect on many of the parts, but this one is by far and large the one where his connection kind of starts and stops at being Giorno's semi-dad.

Yeah if anything, Dio owes a lot to Enya and Diavolo. They basically kickstarted his schemes.

Baphomet

Banned
Dec 8, 2018
I find it odd how people say Jotaro having time stop was an ass pull... it is hinted throughout the season, maybe not as obvious as first glance , but one of the best examples you can find is the N'Doul fight.

Oct 25, 2017
I find it odd how people say Jotaro having time stop was an ass pull... it is hinted throughout the season, maybe not as obvious as first glance , but one of the best examples you can find is the N'Doul fight.
It mostly feels so because the first half of SDC has Star Platinum being really inconsistent with abilities, so for there to have been a secret ability the entire time after it gets more grounded towards the end I see why people don't like it. Plus you can only know what to look for after you know it's a thing.

Lord Hypnos

Oct 31, 2017
UK
What was hinted by N'Doul ?

Please don't say « the stands are similar »

What I remember people saying is that when Star Platinum dodges Geb's water and Punches N'Doul, there is a brief 'Time Stop' distortion effect and it looks like he used it without knowing.

Around the 43-45 second mark there certainly is a warp effect and we know DP have added little hints throughout the years.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
What I remember people saying is that when Star Platinum dodges Geb's water and Punches N'Doul, there is a brief 'Time Stop' distortion effect and it looks like he used it without knowing.

Around the 43-45 second mark there certainly is a warp effect and we know DP have added little hints throughout the years.

That's some retroactive BS

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah I don't buy this. I'd say the earliest it's hinted at is MAYBE against D'arby. I always assumed Star Platinum was moving so fast at the time that it was starting to resemble stopping time.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I been thinking about it for a while. It's very likely Part 5 will get a significant anime only epilogue like Part 4 had. Would it possible if they get permission from Araki showing Giorno being in an relationship with Mista. Giorno and Mista were hinted at in Part 5 to be very close so it's possible or they could go with Trish. Either ways works.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
There's zero chance of that.

The very end of White Album made it pretty damn clear there was no intention of suggesting Giorno and Mista being in a relationship.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
There's zero chance of that.

The very end of White Album made it pretty damn clear there was no intention of suggesting Giorno and Mista being in a relationship.
Yeah probably, plus Romance isn't a huge deal in the JoJo verse mostly. Though i hope we do get an extended epilogue. If DP added new scenes that hinted one of the charcters was LGBT. I would honestly say maybe Bruno.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
tenor.gif

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Really hope the next ep ends with grateful dead being summoned.

I wonder id theyll cut out the fanservicey scene fro. The manga with fugo and trish. That shit served 0 purpose.

It will be hilarious when the most dangerous thing in the next arc is a freakin fishing rod.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm super into DC Douglas yelling "I GOT A BONER"

I wish I could find a lot of the articles/interviews around the time All Star Battle came out regarding name changes. I'm pretty sure they said Araki approved most of the name changes we know and love. And a lot of the name changes were for reasons you wouldn't expect. For example, Deadly Queen wasn't changed because of the song but because of this.

70361w.jpg

It's "That's bullshit but I believe it territory" because copyright laws are fucking dumb. Wish I could find that stuff, would really like to know the meaning behind this

tumblr_n2m1tndKMp1rn8um6o1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Really hope the next ep ends with grateful dead being summoned.

I wonder id theyll cut out the fanservicey scene fro. The manga with fugo and trish. That shit served 0 purpose.

It will be hilarious when the most dangerous thing in the next arc is a freakin fishing rod.
*Menacing fishing rod Stando*
"Nani the fucking fuck?!!!"

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So I've been trying to nail down at least what could get covered in Season 1 of Part 6 anime adaptation
Here's what I got so far per season of 12-13 episodes, focusing on Stand Encounters

Season 1:
Goo Goo Doll
Manhattan Transfer
KISS
Foo Fighters
Marilyn Manson
Savage Garden/Weather Report
Limp Bizkit*

This makes it so the first season at least goes up til Jolyene gets sent to solitary confinement. I don't hink it's possible to get all that into 12-13 episodes but ya never know. All comes down to DP's pacing.

Season 2:
Crazy ass space meteorites
Piss drinking old feng shui guy
Green Baby+Yo yo ma
Pucci obtains the Green baby
Jail House Rock

This covers everything up til before Dio's offpsrings and the finale

Season 3:
Dio's 3 sons
Heavy Weather
C-Moon+Heaven

Looking at this it MIGHT be possible that they'll end up making it 2 seasons, as the split can seem off unless they manage the pacing well.

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been trying to nail down at least what could get covered in Season 1 of Part 6 anime adaptation
Here's what I got so far per season of 12-13 episodes, focusing on Stand Encounters

Season 1:
Goo Goo Doll
Manhattan Transfer
KISS
Foo Fighters
Marilyn Manson
Savage Garden/Weather Report
Limp Bizkit*

This makes it so the first season at least goes up til Jolyene gets sent to solitary confinement. I don't hink it's possible to get all that into 12-13 episodes but ya never know. All comes down to DP's pacing.

Season 2:
Crazy ass space meteorites
Piss drinking old feng shui guy
Green Baby+Yo yo ma
Pucci obtains the Green baby
Jail House Rock

This covers everything up til before Dio's offpsrings and the finale

Season 3:
Dio's 3 sons
Heavy Weather
C-Moon+Heaven

Looking at this it MIGHT be possible that they'll end up making it 2 seasons, as the split can seem off unless they manage the pacing well.
One should not rush Goo Goo Dolls' crazy bullshit.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I wonder how pepole's reactions to the Stand Arrow's Origins are. Mind you that episode will likely contain one of the greatest chapters in all of JoJo, i have been rereading Feels Like The Sky Could Come Down On Us At Any Minute and it made me realise just how great a chapter it is - it's easily in my Top 10 favourite chapters in JoJo.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see him bitching about the author not knowing anything about writing when things start going south for him.

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
I can totally see him bitching about the author not knowing anything about writing when things start going south for him.

DTL sucks and I have him on ignore but his "gimmick" is tiresome

nevermind the creepy posts he used to make about Gon and Killua, 2 12 year olds. Also pretty sure he got banned once for having a lewd Deku (from MHA, a 15 year old boy) avatar.