• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
After reading the first two Parts a couple of years ago, I finally went back and continued. Reading it in colour makes the whole thing a lot better; it's beautiful to look at and it becomes easier to read the action. I quite liked all of the parts, though (mostly) there was always something that I felt was holding them back from being as amazing as they could have been. I also enjoyed the "generational" aspect of the story a lot more than I originally though I would.

Part 3 was pretty great, it felt like a natural evolution of Part 1 and 2, only with Stands. A lot of great characters and interesting battles.
On Part 4 I feel a bit more mixed; I liked the smaller scope and the characters, though they were maybe a bit flat; there was quite a bit of fighting someone to the death only to have them become an ally a chapter later. The biggest issue was that I found the tone of the story changing wildly from arc to arc.
I enjoyed Part 5, there were a lot of interesting battles. It was a bit weird that Bucciarati felt more like a protagonist than Giorno. They kinda dropped the whole "Giorno is the son of Dio/Joseph", and Jotaro didn't intervene after sending Koichi at the beginning. The ending was also a bit rushed (mostly I would have liked to see what Giorno did as the new boss).
Part 6 was mostly great, though I felt some "stand" fatigue, if that makes sense. I liked the characters a lot and the overall story. I'm still thinking about the ending (there was a great post on Reddit which was very interesting and helpful).
Part 7 is probably the one I liked the most, and it's partly because it's quite unique compared to the others and partly because it felt a lot more focused. Really liked the characters, and how many"older" characters made appearances (despite being of course not quite the same); I wasn't expecting Dio to come back at the end, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to be a Dio with The World. I should have expected Zeppeli's death, it runs in the family.

I'll probably start Part 8 later today. I should probably check out the anime at some point.

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
After reading the first two Parts a couple of years ago, I finally went back and continued. Reading it in colour makes the whole thing a lot better; it's beautiful to look at and it becomes easier to read the action. I quite liked all of the parts, though (mostly) there was always something that I felt was holding them back from being as amazing as they could have been. I also enjoyed the "generational" aspect of the story a lot more than I originally though I would.

Part 3 was pretty great, it felt like a natural evolution of Part 1 and 2, only with Stands. A lot of great characters and interesting battles.
On Part 4 I feel a bit more mixed; I liked the smaller scope and the characters, though they were maybe a bit flat; there was quite a bit of fighting someone to the death only to have them become an ally a chapter later. The biggest issue was that I found the tone of the story changing wildly from arc to arc.
I enjoyed Part 5, there were a lot of interesting battles. It was a bit weird that Bucciarati felt more like a protagonist than Giorno. They kinda dropped the whole "Giorno is the son of Dio/Joseph", and Jotaro didn't intervene after sending Koichi at the beginning. The ending was also a bit rushed (mostly I would have liked to see what Giorno did as the new boss).
Part 6 was mostly great, though I felt some "stand" fatigue, if that makes sense. I liked the characters a lot and the overall story. I'm still thinking about the ending (there was a great post on Reddit which was very interesting and helpful).
Part 7 is probably the one I liked the most, and it's partly because it's quite unique compared to the others and partly because it felt a lot more focused. Really liked the characters, and how many"older" characters made appearances (despite being of course not quite the same); I wasn't expecting Dio to come back at the end, and I certainly wasn't expecting it to be a Dio with The World. I should have expected Zeppeli's death, it runs in the family.

I'll probably start Part 8 later today. I should probably check out the anime at some point.
That part 6 reddit post helped me to like what happened a lot better when I was a little sour on the ending at first. An alternate good guy Pucci panel at the end would have been great, but leaving it ambiguous is cool to let everyone form their own opinions.

Part 7 ending I was internally yelling STOP ATTACKING JOHNNY each time an innocent gets killed, that was fucked up, but I guess he would have been killed if he had been too defensive

Anime is great to see the panels in motion hope they complete the whole thing eventually

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
I hope he does some day, I wouldn't mind some multiverse stuff via stand that allows movement between the two, but i think he said thats a no go. I need a medieval dark ages SBRverse Zeppeli story tho

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
That part 6 reddit post helped me to like what happened a lot better when I was a little sour on the ending at first. An alternate good guy Pucci panel at the end would have been great, but leaving it ambiguous is cool to let everyone form their own opinions.

Part 7 ending I was internally yelling STOP ATTACKING JOHNNY each time an innocent gets killed, that was fucked up, but I guess he would have been killed if he had been too defensive

Anime is great to see the panels in motion hope they complete the whole thing eventually
Personally I think it's more likely that he doesn't even exist in this new universe, but I agree that it's nice to leave it ambiguous.
He needed to get that perfect rotation, he had to try.
On the anime, that's exactly what I was thinking. There are a lot of moments which should be incredible in motion. The end of Part 6 being one of them for sure, once they get there.

For some reason, I found this panel extremely funny:
9B0DB0E1C83680348D50938E4DE9DB1B2DF942A2

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, i can't wait for everybody's reactions to Bruno jumping with Proscuitto off the Train as well as Proscuitto shooting Mista

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I was re-reading the boat scene and i honestly think it is extremely well written - Bruno's character arc throughout Part 5 is his role as a gangster conflicting with his sense of morality - so when it's revealed that his boss - the person he put his loyalty turned out to be a piece of shit - he couldn't ignore his morality. Fugo is the opposite - Fugo basically always think as logically as possible but in a sense lacks morality more so then everyone else - we see especially in Golden Heart,Golden Ring where he was fine with murdering innocent people all for the mission - something that Bruno could never do. It makes complete sense for Fugo not to side with Bruno since he is not someone who decides their actions based on morality.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You putting a lot of characterization to Fugo that legit was not there unless you look at one of his two novels.

Which both go in completely different directions.

That said, i wouldn't say anything Fugo does while he's around suggests he lacks a morality in the comic

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
You putting a lot of characterization to Fugo that legit was not there unless you look at one of his two novels.

Which both go in completely different directions.

That said, i wouldn't say anything Fugo does while he's around suggests he lacks a morality in the comic
Fair enough but at the same time Fugo wanted Bruno to just have looked the other way regarding the bosses actions regarding Trish despite the fact he was going to kill her. I do admit I was influenced by the light novels which literally had Fugo kill a bunch of innocent people using Purple Haze

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Are any of the JoJo games good? I recall there was a fighting game on PS3, and I have read a bit about Eyes of Heaven on PS4. The upcoming battle royale-like thing sounds pretty interesting, despite it being a genre I don't particularly like.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Just finished Steel Ball Run, every part I read is my new fave. Didnt even see that ending coming, was like damn Araki killed off most of the mains kinda early, what could happen next..HOLY SHIT THE MADMAN
I ak so goad I read the manga a couple of months ago. The Anime meltdowns will be so ridiculous, but so good.
-Dinosaurs? What the fuck does Dio have to do with Dinosaurs! Thank god Araki killed him, waste of nothing that was. God he is so bad for doing Dio dirty like this.
*ZA WARUDO*
-WE FORGIVE YOU ARAKI-SAMA

I hope they get Koyasu back for Dio, I need the loudest most powerful Dino WRY anime can gige us.

Do we think it's possible for Araki to ever re-visit the P1-6 universe?
Part 8 ends with the Universe going in fast foward after they solve the mystery of the rock humans, Josuke and Kira are now split but somehow remember the events of part 8 happenings in the 90s for some reason instead of 2011, and Part 9 is now going to be Part 8 but with Josuke and Kira's teen kids. Who are best friends with Irene. From the new universe at the end of Part 6. Because fuck logic!

Personally I think it's more likely that he doesn't even exist in this new universe, but I agree that it's nice to leave it ambiguous.
He needed to get that perfect rotation, he had to try.
On the anime, that's exactly what I was thinking. There are a lot of moments which should be incredible in motion. The end of Part 6 being one of them for sure, once they get there.

For some reason, I found this panel extremely funny:
9B0DB0E1C83680348D50938E4DE9DB1B2DF942A2
Part 7 is the best for Gyro alone. The humor was excellent, and I can't wait ti see it properly animated.

Araki went for the jugular with Part 7's ending lol
The best thing is that Johnny still dies as we learn in part 8because that's the Joestsr way

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
Are any of the JoJo games good? I recall there was a fighting game on PS3, and I have read a bit about Eyes of Heaven on PS4. The upcoming battle royale-like thing sounds pretty interesting, despite it being a genre I don't particularly like.
I enjoyed the fighting game, but it does not have much merit as a fighting game from what I hear from people more genre-savvy than I am. It's a fun fanservice game that nails a lot of things.

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
Nice, now I can share a video instead of just a picture ;)

I enjoyed the fighting game, but it does not have much merit as a fighting game from what I hear from people more genre-savvy than I am. It's a fun fanservice game that nails a lot of things.
Well, I wasn't expecting much more than that, to be honest. I believe I even tried the demo, way back when, and enjoyed it. I'm curious about the PS4 game mostly because it would be easier to set up and play (though I still have my PS3 hooked up).

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love Part 7. It's a little problematic (its a western), but you can tell Araki's always dreamed of doing a western since he got his start as an artist and I think he completely nailed it. It stands on its own too, I wasn't constantly comparing it to the older parts.

So uhh we got a new OP leak yet?

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Guys, the new OP isn't until episode 21 as my estimation since the single is releasing in late March, and that's the episode which debuts at the start of that month

ALSO

I am the ハイピング・ハイプ

Official American release of this beloved Part, finally. We made it, fam

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
This episode reminded me how fucking brilliant Prosciuttio is with his ability. Totally forgot about the old man bait and switch.

worked a bit different in the manga because Prosciutto is blacked out in all his appearances until he de-ages himself, I guess to keep the mystery. In the anime it's kinda obvious it's Prosciutto cuz he's wearing the same pants and has the same hair.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Ya know, if Mista did end die in Part 5 it would make me really sad especially seeing Number 5 cry as he fades away

KujoJosuke

Oct 25, 2017
the worst part of Babyface is when the lady checks to see if she was raped

like I get why she would, but it didn't need to be

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Anime only crowd is going to be fucking mad about Baby Face lol.
The way the pacing is going, we should have a small glimpse next episode right? Man if they end it on the Rape Scene, the internet is gonna explode.

Jojolion Chapter is out
WHAT IN THE LITERAL FUCK IS GOING ON, HOLY SHIT.
The main villain is 89 years old. I swear to fucking god Araki if its Casear or Joseph you have some serious explaining to do.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
The way the pacing is going, we should have a small glimpse next episode right? Man if they end it on the Rape Scene, the internet is gonna explode.

WHAT IN THE LITERAL FUCK IS GOING ON, HOLY SHIT.
The main villain is 89 years old. I swear to fucking god Araki if its Casear or Joseph you have some serious explaining to do.
It might not be the main villain

Also nah, next episode is going to end with Bruno getting out of the train and confronting Pesci then the Climax will be the episode after with the second half being Baby Face

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

Also nah, next episode is going to end with Bruno getting out of the train and confronting Pesci then the Climax will be the episode after with the second half being Baby Face
Maybe not the main villain, but pretty close to it. I still think Araki is gonna give us a Rock Human Joestar bloodline.

Just went back and looked at the chapter summaries, yeah dunno why I thought it would be over so quickly. Still though, I think they can get to the climax next episode, perhaps end it with Buccarati splitting his body up. No way it takes more than 10 minutes to get to Pesci pulling in Bruno while thinking its Prosciutto.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Maybe not the main villain, but pretty close to it. I still think Araki is gonna give us a Rock Human Joestar bloodline.

Just went back and looked at the chapter summaries, yeah dunno why I thought it would be over so quickly. Still though, I think they can get to the climax next episode, perhaps end it with Buccarati splitting his body up. No way it takes more than 10 minutes to get to Pesci pulling in Bruno while thinking its Prosciutto.
I am pretty sure they are going to get past that. My guess it will be end with Bruno getting out of the train and then confronting Pesci

sackboy97

Oct 26, 2017
Italy
What's the latest chapter of Jojolion? It's pretty cool that the Japanese official JoJo app let's you rent chapters for free. Good practice too, since it's not translated :)

TrueBroLapp

Nov 7, 2018
What the fuck was this chapter, after so many boring chapters it seems like we are finally heading to an exciting ending.
Also
Rockman Diavolo hype

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Hmm you could be right, though you never know, at the pace the anime's going they may be able to clear it all in the next episode.

TrueBroLapp

Nov 7, 2018
The last few chapters were anything but boring.

It gave us the gem: "I can even enter your urethras"

But yes this chapter will indeed shape up the rest of jojolion.
Maybe boring was too much, the characters and dialog was great. But I just felt it was a weak fight, for jojo standards, and that it dragged on for too long.
Few things are actually boring in Jojo tbh, Dragon's Dream is the only that comes to mind.