• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Jeez Babyface is a worse fight than I remember. At least the next few weeks will be incredible.

Stunner911

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wakanda
Man after next's week episode (which will be good but still) the next 3 episodes are going to be amazing to see pepole react to.

Also you know where they are going to end the episode after White Album on (is it it okay if i post this image. It's from the JoJo Website?)

latest
This is definitely gonna be a cliffhanger

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
A man named Yoshihiro gives a boy an ability that involves rock-paper-scissors...

Togashi must've said to himself, "Well, I pretty much have to at this point, right?" lol

Though he did enjoy using janken here and there in YYH:

TKRTQ9P.png

Jan...Ken-!

GUUU-DA !! 「グ――っだ」

Btw, the RPS Kid episode is one of those which were handled a tad better in the manga. The least I could say for now ー in terms of the art, I suppose。

And 6 chapters into one 20-minute episode is not always an ideal measure. Not even the HxH 2011 Greed Island episodes were ever that jam-packed

Last edited:

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Jan...Ken-!

GUUU-DA !! 「グ――っだ」

Btw, the RPS Kid episode is one of those which were handled a tad better in the manga. The least I could say for now ー in terms of the art, I suppose。

And 6 chapters into one 20-minute episode is not always an ideal measure. Not even the HxH 2011 Greed Island episodes were ever that jam-packed
Yeah, I checked and saw it was 6 chapters, and that rapid pacing made sense then lol.

I'm really enjoying this part. I'll definitely try to pick up the manga volumes as they come out.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah, I checked and saw it was 6 chapters, and that rapid pacing made sense then lol.

I'm really enjoying this part. I'll definitely try to pick up the manga volumes as they come out.
I shall do the same!

To put it into perspective, JoJo Part 4 is just one chapter short of YYH's chapter count, yet it's 39 episodes in its anime form as opposed to 112

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
D.C. Douglas is doing amazing as Kira. A few clips:

Buying the sandwich:

Confronting Shigechi & giving his life monologue:

Eating lunch:

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I like that that scene is Wesker threatening the shit out of Monokuma.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I have been reading the King Crimson Arc and got damn this is such a fantastic moment, i loved Bruno as a charcter but King Crimson really shows what type of man he is in. I would make an argument that up to Part 7 - Bruno is the best written character in JoJo

DygG0QkX0AAf81_.jpg:large

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I hope we get an expanded ending - personally i would be fine with a scene of Mista/Trish reacting to Bruno's death, a scene where Giorno/Mista/Polneraff parts ways, a scene with Giorno talking to Fugo (PHF isn't getting adapted so why not), A scene explaining how Giorno was able to take over the gang. Those four scenes would be fine for me in terms of Part 5's ending (with having the final scene be the same in the manga)

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm really curious on what they'll do to Rolling Stones. That whole story was really weird from end to finish. It felt like they couldn't finish at volume 62, didn't have enough material to end volume 63 there, Araki was going to take a long pause to prepare for Stone Ocean, so he did a quick story without any importance to wrap things up. In the anime, though... Imagine people seating through 2 weeks of Rolling Stone after GER, just to get a one minute shot of "yep, Giorno is the boss now".

Oct 25, 2017
I think Pucci and Jolyne are more memorably written than Bruno. They went through evolution that shaped them as person that they end as in the series.
Yeah I can see these two being the exception, but for the most part Pucci and jolyne are the strongest narrative characters of that part. Otherwise most of part five is better written than Part 6. There's an integral core in Part 5 that's lacking in Part 6.

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I'm really curious on what they'll do to Rolling Stones. That whole story was really weird from end to finish. It felt like they couldn't finish at volume 62, didn't have enough material to end volume 63 there, Araki was going to take a long pause to prepare for Stone Ocean, so he did a quick story without any importance to wrap things up. In the anime, though... Imagine people seating through 2 weeks of Rolling Stone after GER, just to get a one minute shot of "yep, Giorno is the boss now".
I still think they put it before King Crimson

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Part 4 question:

Did Kira's dad know what Stand the arrow was going to give (in this case, Highway Star), or did I misunderstand that?

I shall do the same!

To put it into perspective, JoJo Part 4 is just one chapter short of YYH's chapter count, yet it's 39 episodes in its anime form as opposed to 112
Didn't get a notification for your reply.

That's crazy lol. Though it makes sense with all the multi-chapter fights, and I'd heard they left out some of the smaller comedy bits.

Last edited:

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think so, considering Okayasu's brother was shooting people with the arrow to find a stand that's cure their father, but never knew what the stand power would be.

Also the fact there's a future scene where Kira's father witnesses a power given via the arrow, but had no idea what said power was.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Final Stardust Crusaders volume comes out tomorrow, then the wait for DIU vol. 1 begins.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think so, considering Okayasu's brother was shooting people with the arrow to find a stand that's cure their father, but never knew what the stand power would be.

Also the fact there's a future scene where Kira's father witnesses a power given via the arrow, but had no idea what said power was.
Here's the line:

"Next time, the next Stand, Highway Star, will defeat those who go after my son!"

So he had already shot the person who got that Stand? Even so, how would he know its name?

Btw, I'm watching for the first time.

Oct 25, 2017
Here's the line:

"Next time, the next Stand, Highway Star, will defeat those who go after my son!"

So he had already shot the person who got that Stand? Even so, how would he know its name?

Btw, I'm watching for the first time.
Jojo isn't Hunter x Hunter, don't think about it too hard. This line of thought goes TRIPLE for Part 5. Dude probably just knew about Highway Star because Araki wanted to have him name it.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Jojo isn't Hunter x Hunter, don't think about it too hard. This line of thought goes TRIPLE for Part 5. Dude probably just knew about Highway Star because Araki wanted to have him name it.
Oh, yeah. I don't mind small stuff like that.

I was just really confused because I thought he was somehow able to determine what Stand they got (when Okuyasu's brother wasn't).

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, yeah. I don't mind small stuff like that.

I was just really confused because I thought he was somehow able to determine what Stand they got (when Okuyasu's brother wasn't).
People have no idea what kind of stand will materialize till it manifests and starts doing shit. That's the fun part of Stands, you can't even predict it, only observe and it hope it's not a one hit kill attack.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
People have no idea what kind of stand will materialize till it manifests and starts doing shit. That's the fun part of Stands, you can't even predict it, only observe and it hope it's not a one hit kill attack.
Which is why I'm wondering where tf this arrow is from lol. Araki himself? ;)

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even remember if we know for sure where it's from. Do we?
All I thought was that the arrow has a mind of its own. Not sure how far AoM is in the manga so I'll spoiler it just in case.
In the case of Enya, Yoshihiro and Polpo, the arrow cooperates with its owner to create something useful to him/her, even if it's detrimental to the stand user (like how most of the stands Yoshihiro created were tuned to be able to fight Kira's enemies, especially Rohan who could have immediately annihilated so many of the most powerful stands users of the series otherwise. I don't think the Janken boy really benefits from his stand, and let's not forget Cheap Trick). I guess it didn't help Keichô either because the father was indeed uncurable, or because the arrow just didn't like Keichô.
One of the good things in part 5 is that the stand abilities are really focused on being useful to theft, extortion, tailing, or assassination. Since the arrow fused with Polpo's stand, it was really creating stand users that would be useful to his boss.
The only ones whose powers are not about the gang are Giorno and Trish, who got their stands on their own, and Diavolo, who probably got his stand from the arrow before the gang was formed, and received something that benefited his crazy paranoid needs.

Pompadour

Oct 25, 2017
Albuquerque, NM

They could turn it into an OVA or something.

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
Rewatching the anime reminded me, were there actually any similarities at all between Trish's stand and King Crimson? I don't remember too much of it but I'm pretty sure she had no time powers.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
None at all. Her stand shouldn't even be able to do the shape shown at the end of the episode. Clearly a moment of Araki saying "I'll figure it out later".

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really wished they had changed that huge ass footprint because that shit makes no sense and I want to see the anime thread just question how the fuck that even happened.

Oct 25, 2017
You haven't read part 7 yet right? Still on that Made in Heaven cooldown?

It's araki bullshit as always, but probably not in the way you think.
Made in Heaven and the slow intro to Part 7 made me take a deep break. I'll most likely go back at it when Part 5 anime is done and I marathon that, then I'll be in the mood for some Jojesus bullshit.