• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like they'll just shuffle it around with maybe the turtle placed in and extra room for Spice Girl tbh.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Any meme choice is the wrong choice.

Just like Holy Diver in no way compares to walk like an egytian

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Any meme choice is the wrong choice.

Just like Holy Diver in no way compares to walk like an egytian
Honestly, freekn you was chosen because Eros is a big theme of part 5, it's fitting, the only meme is us saying it was because of white album lol

It's a weird choice indeed, but you can't put court of the crimson king in episode 1, and gangsta's paradise rhythm doesn't fit the part

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I wonder what the new op is gonna focus on. I'm sure there will still be elements of fate in it, like the chains of fate in fighting gold. will they show spice girl, or will they do something similar as koichi in cnbt and wait until trish gets her stand then add in spice girl. will it foreshadow polnareff? will it show doppio? requiem stands?? these are all rhetorical questions lol im just having fun thinking of what the new op will be like.

i hope it sneakily references rolling stone like in fighting gold but it's even more pronounced but anime-onlies wouldnt be able to guess that it's shaped like bruno until they see the epilogue. i hope there's so much sneaky foreshadowing placed in that people won't be able to understand until after they see it in the show.

end of the world wouldnt be in my top 3 fave openings, but i think it's got some of the best foreshadowing of any op. i hope this new op reaches that level.

edit: also anyone else have to like double or triple check that theyre posting spoilers in the right thread. sometimes i get so worried im accidentally posting in the anime thread even though i can clearly see in the title that this is the manga thread. i have to search through here and see other people posting spoilers to ensure myself that this is the correct thread lol.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what the new op is gonna focus on. I'm sure there will still be elements of fate in it, like the chains of fate in fighting gold. will they show spice girl, or will they do something similar as koichi in cnbt and wait until trish gets her stand then add in spice girl. will it foreshadow polnareff? will it show doppio? requiem stands?? these are all rhetorical questions lol im just having fun thinking of what the new op will be like.

i hope it sneakily references rolling stone like in fighting gold but it's even more pronounced but anime-onlies wouldnt be able to guess that it's shaped like bruno until they see the epilogue. i hope there's so much sneaky foreshadowing placed in that people won't be able to understand until after they see it in the show.

end of the world wouldnt be in my top 3 fave openings, but i think it's got some of the best foreshadowing of any op. i hope this new op reaches that level.

edit: also anyone else have to like double or triple check that theyre posting spoilers in the right thread. sometimes i get so worried im accidentally posting in the anime thread even though i can clearly see in the title that this is the manga thread. i have to search through here and see other people posting spoilers to ensure myself that this is the correct thread lol.
I just hope it looks like the best op ever and beats all the rest cause i dont wanna have to endure an opening that cannot beat fighting gold

I just realised somethingg about jojolion stands and now im kinda losing it, idk how are the rules for that but since its just a theory ill just ask:

If every higashikata family member has a stand wiht "king" on its name, what are the odds of Kaato having "king crimson"?

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I just realised somethingg about jojolion stands and now im kinda losing it, idk how are the rules for that but since its just a theory ill just ask:

If every higashikata family member has a stand wiht "king" on its name, what are the odds of Kaato having "king crimson"?
People have speculated that's going to be the big reveal. We've seen shades of Part 5 in Part 8, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Personally, considering we've already gotten glimpses of her Stand and it appears to function completely differently than King Crimson, I'm not sold on it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
People have speculated that's going to be the big reveal. We've seen shades of Part 5 in Part 8, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility.

Personally, considering we've already gotten glimpses of her Stand and it appears to function completely differently than King Crimson, I'm not sold on it.
They dont need to have the same function tho, just remember how killer queen works, it's just stray cat+bites the dust

What are the clues? I sped through the part so i might have missed a bit. I only caught some weird memory loss moments but that could be explained by other stuff

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
They dont need to have the same function tho, just remember how killer queen works, it's just stray cat+bites the dust

What are the clues? I sped through the part so i might have missed a bit. I only caught some weird memory loss moments but that could be explained by other stuff
Urban Guerilla is Cioccolata - sadistic doctor with a Stand that eats through flesh and breaks down people's bodies.

Doremifasolati Do is Secco - subservient "pet" companion with a Stand that allows for specialized travel through terrain.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Urban Guerilla is Cioccolata - sadistic doctor with a Stand that eats through flesh and breaks down people's bodies.

Doremifasolati Do is Secco - subservient "pet" companion with a Stand that allows for specialized travel through terrain.
I meant for kaato's stand xD, but those are cool
Edit: im dumb, i forgot Kaato's power already showed up lol

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

shades of 5 in 8 ?

I have to read this now

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
This new OP took way too long, zero chance we will even get a third right? :(

Part 4 was the peak of the Anime for the number of OPs alone.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I think 2 op is perfect for the number of episodes. Chase felt like "huh ?" to me, but I didn't watch it weekly

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Reminder that while Joshuu is a shit human being he also has a great fucking stand and I'm so mad he'll probably not get any actual development or another real fight where he uses it in a creative way. Right up there with Anasui I suppose but at least Diver Down has its moments.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Born this way says hi
Also California King bed is so damn useful
Part 8 has some goddamn great stands overall that'll only see once despite the users being alive and well. I'd love if it had every member of the family taking part in the endgame though =(

Anasui should be thrown in the garbage can, i'm sorry, he was definitely not underused at all

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Reminder that while Joshuu is a shit human being he also has a great fucking stand and I'm so mad he'll probably not get any actual development or another real fight where he uses it in a creative way. Right up there with Anasui I suppose but at least Diver Down has its moments.
Joshuu is soo comically bad and terrible that he horseshoes around to being great lol

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
I gotta admit, i loved that Milagro man arc, it was just sugar mountain 2.0 but it fit joshu cause that's how a shitty person would act lol
Yep lol. I honestly wished part 8 had more standalone arcs like part 4. You can tell Araki is having a lot of fun trying to make Joshuu as shitty as possible :P

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yep lol. I honestly wished part 8 had more standalone arcs like part 4. You can tell Araki is having a lot of fun trying to make Joshuu as shitty as possible :P
yeah, as much as I love part 8's pacing it has so many quirky stands that could make cool episodes like that...
(Now I kinda want a Higashikata girl's night out just cause of how crazy they all are... too bad countdown already started lol)

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
I remember hoping that Joshuu would get character development at the end of the Milagro Man mini-arc, only for him to singlehandedly out-creep anything that Anasui ever did by using his Stand to remove his mom's top and asking to "suckle a bit" on her breasts.

Now I'm hoping that Araki will remember that Kyo, Karera, and Hato—or even Daiya—have Stands and use them instead.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Joshuu attempting to rape Yasuho is easily the worst moment in Part 8.

Joshuu is easily the most "please go die horribly" side character in the series.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Joshuu attempting to rape Yasuho is easily the worst moment in Part 8.

Joshuu is easily the most "please go die horribly" side character in the series.
Thats how we know he'll survive :(
I remember hoping that Joshuu would get character development at the end of the Milagro Man mini-arc, only for him to singlehandedly out-creep anything that Anasui ever did by using his Stand to remove his mom's top and asking to "suckle a bit" on her breasts.

Now I'm hoping that Araki will remember that Kyo, Karera, and Hato—or even Daiya—have Stands and use them instead.
i hope he remembers them but honestly just putting female characters in the part was such a huge step for araki since stone ocean lol

Im hoping for a family tag team battle in that finale but idk :(