• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
All the more people being introduced to the glorious bastardry of DIO makes this worth it. Just make so it isn't as shit as that one movie adaptation that Araki banned from being distributed.

Oct 25, 2017
Do we really need live action this?
ogeV03T.png

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They don't need to be explicit with it, but it's necessary to illustrate how big of an asshole Dio is.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Does it, really? He did much worse over time without burning poor dogs

That moment caught me totally off guard tho, i'd keep it
Of course it does, he does that shit when he's young right? It shows that he's an asshole since childhood and not something that comes with time or just as some child tantrum thing. Nah, this is something he planned and did. It wasn't a one time thing.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Of course it does, he does that shit when he's young right? It shows that he's an asshole since childhood and not something that comes with time or just as some child tantrum thing. Nah, this is something he planned and did. It wasn't a one time thing.
It's so sick, like, dude's a real psycho and his reasoning to do bad shit is so bad xD

It's one of the things that really make me like Diego a bit more

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's awful! That's why it's so good to see him get his comeuppance later. He's a magnificent villain to love to hate.

Yeah I really enjoyed the twist araki did with Diego.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kinda sad Diego was still a bad dude, i really thought Johnny was overselling his evil, well, at least he was a loveble evil

Dio is a mexican soap opera villain though, he's amazing

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
People who wanted Giorno to show up in Part 6 must really have wanted to see him die at Pucci's hands.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
People who wanted Giorno to show up in Part 6 must really have wanted to see him die at Pucci's hands.
He wouldn't die, he'd save the day (and make the while finale super boring but still kinda badass),and we love that scenario because we're still in denial that josuke giorno and jolyne meeting never happened and never will.

Also that Not-Jolyne and Anasui are dating. GER would never let that abomination be part of reality

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
It really doesn't sound like Pucci could touch him though.
Araki wanted the universe reset, though.

If he added Giorno to Part 6, it would not have been to have GER save the day. It would have been to give Giorno a tragic death and end with him laying dead beside Jotaro. I understand some folks have a very specific fantasy in mind when they talk about Giorno appearing, but the ones who are just like "I wish Giorno showed up in SO" are playing with a monkey's paw lol.

Also, if you're going to add Giorno to the mix, might as well add Josuke so it can be a proper Last Stand of the Joestars scenario.

Oct 25, 2017

If he added Giorno to Part 6, it would not have been to have GER save the day. It would have been to give Giorno a tragic death and end with him laying dead beside Jotaro. I understand some folks have a very specific fantasy in mind when they talk about Giorno appearing, but the ones who are just like "I wish Giorno showed up in SO" are playing with a monkey's paw lol.

Also, if you're going to add Giorno to the mix, might as well add Josuke so it can be a proper Last Stand of the Joestars scenario.
Now you're just making me wish Giorno and Josuke replaced Anansui in the group. Hell Giorno could've replaced Emporio getting the final kill on Pucci.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

He decided to reset the universe on the week the chapterhad to be delivered and ran with the art so the editors wouldn't know iirc

Like impretty sure theres an interview saying he changed at the last minute

But anyway him needing to reset the world's power scale feels like the exact reason why didnt giorno show up...araki freaking teased he was going there at some point urgh

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
He decided to reset the universe on the week the chapterhad to be delivered and ran with the art so the editors wouldn't know iirc

But anyway him needing to reset the world's power scale feels like the exact reason why didnt giorno show up...araki freaking teased he was going there at some point urgh
Giorno probably got held up trying to fix Florida's drug problem while on his way to Pucci.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017

I recall seeing notes that he changed his mind several chapters before the end but not at the literal last minute. Of course, that's banking on the reliability of English translation so I might be off.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I recall seeing notes that he changed his mind several chapters before the end but not at the literal last minute. Of course, that's banking on the reliability of English translation so I might be off.
Eh more likely im the one off, technically you send 5 chapters ahead to the editor so any last minht change isnt really last minute and it was still pretty well constructed

I kinda wished i could see the alternate ending but knowing how editors were kind of a bitch to this part i think it was for the best, just very frustrating cause i wanted some people to meet

And a part starring shizuka :p
Giorno probably got held up trying to fix Florida's drug problem while on his way to Pucci.
Giorno needs to learn he can't solve all problems of the world, even with a broken ass stand

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Netflix, I find it odd that Parts I & II are censored.
Wait, it's the censored TV Japanese airings & not the blu-ray? Weird, even Toonami used the uncensored blu-rays. Wonder why, only thing I can think of is to promote the home release, but S1 was released years ago.

Meanwhile, I got to meet Richard Epcar/Old Joseph, which was super cool & even got his autograph. At the same convention, found some Jojo's Figure Gallery figures and was able to get a deal of 2 for $50. Got both Part 4 Jotaro & Kira, both greyscale. First time I ever got anime figures, and they might be the only figures I ever buy unless I go to another anime convention & see some other Jojo figures at a decent price........plus the Kira box just teases you with getting Killer Queen to pair them together.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
Speaking of the dub, are we expecting Toonami to use the official English version of Great Days?

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Giorno: "That feeling... I don't know why, but I feel as if I must travel to... Florida..."

Mista: "Giorno, the spaghetti's ready. Let's eat."

Giorno: "Be right there, babe."

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I doubt they will ever do it but an anime original scene that hints at Giorno/Mista would be awesome in my opinion

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I doubt they will ever do it but an anime original scene that hints at Giorno/Mista would be awesome in my opinion
It's a bummer that they can sell merch of these two together yet probably not include something in the anime at all for the ending

I hope they give at least a small hint x-x~

And i kinda wish giorno gets a black suit like bruno had on his dad's funeral cause damn that was stylish, his Don Giorno outfit in the manga was so meh

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is it confirmed that Giorno still has GER at the end of part 5? I thought it was left ambiguous with the arrow falling off of its head.