• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I still can't get over how heavy-handed that new opening is. Three seconds away from showing off GER lol

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I still can't get over how heavy-handed that new opening is. Three seconds away from showing off GER lol
man I love everything about it but i also think it was a terrible choice

And i miss the stylized colors too, I love the pallete but that op looks too much like they cut some episode scenes and put there...(even though I knowthey animated some sequences only for it) the boat sequence is so damn great =(

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
0em9govdsbm21.png

Yeah i stole from reddit

i'm hyped for the GER sequence but it's such a bummer we already saw part of it >:V

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if people will understand the link between Spice Girl and that giant ass footprint from the grateful dead fights.

NOTE: There is no fucking link, Araki just makes shit up on the spot.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You know Fugo not going with the group is actually illogical thinking it over...

We never see him again but I can't see Diavolo letting him go just because he didn't formally betray him. If anything, Fugo not going with the dude who can literally make life and his friends is a poor decision.

He probably would have been killed by King Crimson right there had Araki cared to give him an ending.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
So I'm guessing Talking head and Clash (ep 23), Notorious B.I.G (ep 24), Spice Girl (ep 25). So that means meeting Doppio and start of metallica episode 26. It feels like that's so soon to the end, it's one of the last fights, but we still have so many episodes left after that fight ends. Probably because green day and oasis will take like 3.5-4 episodes.

Also, with Spice Girl and the hand print, I always thought of it as like she made the ground softer and she had her hand there for so long that the hand print grew as the ground became softer. But.. idk if that actually works (although it could just be jojo science) and it doesnt explain why there was smoke coming off it.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm guessing Talking head and Clash (ep 23), Notorious B.I.G (ep 24), Spice Girl (ep 25). So that means meeting Doppio and start of metallica episode 26. It feels like that's so soon to the end, it's one of the last fights, but we still have so many episodes left after that fight ends. Probably because green day and oasis will take like 3.5-4 episodes.

Also, with Spice Girl and the hand print, I always thought of it as like she made the ground softer and she had her hand there for so long that the hand print grew as the ground became softer. But.. idk if that actually works (although it could just be jojo science) and it doesnt explain why there was smoke coming off it.
I remember the Green Day and Oasis fights taking a good bit, but yeah I have no idea how they might stretch this stuff out. Green Day is right before the end game.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Greenday could easily fit 3/4 episodes, it's two/three fights in the same arc: the initial bit with giorno mista and bruno when arriving in rome, then some chase sequences until the fight gets divided into bruno vs secco and giorno and mista vs Ciocolatta, then there's the confrontation at the coliseum and diavolo flashbacks before the final final stretch i think

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I remember the Green Day and Oasis fights taking a good bit, but yeah I have no idea how they might stretch this stuff out. Green Day is right before the end game.

I might be forgetting some scenes in between fights that would fill up more time, but yeah it does feel like there's not a lot left for the amount of episodes. But also, the last like 3 fights are super long. Plus, if there's extra time it gives me hope that we can get an extended epilogue after the final battle of giorno, mista and trish dealing with everything that happened. I want that so bad.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Greenday could easily fit 3/4 episodes, it's two/three fights in the same arc: the initial bit with giorno mista and bruno when arriving in rome, then some chase sequences until the fight gets divided into bruno vs secco and giorno and mista vs Ciocolatta, then there's the confrontation at the coliseum and diavolo flashbacks before the final final stretch i think

oh yeah so there's quite a bit left there. Also, I wonder if they would mesh together the fights of bruno vs secco and giorno/mista vs ciocolatta if theyre happening simultaneously like july 15th from part 4? but also at the same time, i dont think they happen simultaneously, i think they happen in sequence, so that wouldnt work then

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
oh yeah so there's quite a bit left there. Also, I wonder if they would mesh together the fights of bruno vs secco and giorno/mista vs ciocolatta if theyre happening simultaneously like july 15th from part 4? but also at the same time, i dont think they happen simultaneously, i think they happen in sequence, so that wouldnt work then
Man idk, these fights are so packed with stuff, i remember they felt very long to read but very very satisfying at the same time, im hyped

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Doppio and Trish in the OP, phew.

I think they'll do something with it later on
Requiem.

Need to watch it a few more times. It's not grand, but I can appreciate the different take. Even if there was just a few seconds to reuse past fights.

New ED is great pick. I'm probably gonna listen to that a lot. I noticed the eds might share the background. Like the green bursted out and all these stands are climbing to the top.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Doppio and Trish in the OP, phew.

I think they'll do something with it later on
Requiem.

Need to watch it a few more times. It's not grand, but I can appreciate the different take. Even if there was just a few seconds to reuse past fights.

New ED is great pick. I'm probably gonna listen to that a lot. I noticed the eds might share the background. Like the green bursted out and all these stands are climbing to the top.
Ed has space for more stands, havent seen spice, metallica and some endgame ones, but i might have just overlooked it

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Sad seeing people dislike this episode, (not everyone, and it's not necessarily disliked, but the reception is less overtly positive) but I guess I can understand the frustration with the obliviousness. Idk, I love the antagonists, and there were many small moments that were great. Maybe the next episode will allow people to like this fight more. They haven't seen everything yet.

Also, I've watched the OP a couple more times, and I'm still really not a fan of the first half where it's just a recap. I really hope they change that to something else. But the rest of it I'm liking a lot more with more views, and even though it's a spoiler, that section with giorno and the arrow is very cool visually. I love the beginning portion of the song, and also the ending portion. The middle is alright.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Sad seeing people dislike this episode, (not everyone, and it's not necessarily disliked, but the reception is less overtly positive) but I guess I can understand the frustration with the obliviousness. Idk, I love the antagonists, and there were many small moments that were great. Maybe the next episode will allow people to like this fight more. They haven't seen everything yet.

Also, I've watched the OP a couple more times, and I'm still really not a fan of the first half where it's just a recap. I really hope they change that to something else. But the rest of it I'm liking a lot more with more views, and even though it's a spoiler, that section with giorno and the arrow is very cool visually. I love the beginning portion of the song, and also the ending portion. The middle is alright.
It's ok, the boss gonna skip the middle for you xD

I can't stand people complaining when the episode just gave them the gang chilling moments most people wanted... I guess it's frustrating to see Narancia going through all that but man, they just lost the brains of the gang so it's understandable... i really liked this arc in the manga as some sort of confirmation that narancia is a member of the group, it's all about showing his loyalty and tdetermination after all...

But i love orange boy, I'm pretty biased

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019

I can't stand people complaining when the episode just gave them the gang chilling moments most people wanted... I guess it's frustrating to see Narancia going through all that but man, they just lost the brains of the gang so it's understandable... i really liked this arc in the manga as some sort of confirmation that narancia is a member of the group, it's all about showing his loyalty and tdetermination after all...

Yeess the gang chilling moments are great in this episode!! The boat scene, vegetarian talk, civilian beating, just them all interacting trying to figure out what's going on. I'm someone who wants more gang/slice of life type moments, not because I think part 5 lacks it necessarily, but because I love the characters so much I just want more of them having fun before ... well before the end :(

And yeah this is a pretty great Narancia fight, although I do think his best moments happen next episode, but he was still very good this episode.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The brains of the gang that didn't really do any thinking whatsoever?

Anyway, the Clash is definitely a terrifying stand though. Talking heads needs to be partnered up with somebody to be actually effective, but it's good that it's with the Clash since that is also another long range stand and for them to be in Venice of all places just makes The Clash all that more scary.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeess the gang chilling moments are great in this episode!! The boat scene, vegetarian talk, civilian beating, just them all interacting trying to figure out what's going on. I'm someone who wants more gang/slice of life type moments, not because I think part 5 lacks it necessarily, but because I love the characters so much I just want more of them having fun before ... well before the end :(

And yeah this is a pretty great Narancia fight, although I do think his best moments happen next episode, but he was still very good this episode.
This whole thing just proves that Narancia is a different sort of dumb and not Okuyasu dumb.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Hope people can appreciate it later on. This is one of the rarer downtime moments in this part.

Same goes for the OP/ED. Took some a few weeks to grow fond of the first op/ed.

It's funny seeing it again. I think JoJo gets a great treatment with anime intro songs and licensed overseas music.

They could as easily asked a japanese pop band for a dumb song that doesn't fit at all.

Also I noticed Tiziano is voiced by Kenjiro Tsuda, the same guy that did Kaiba in Yugioh.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm someone who wants more gang/slice of life type moments, not because I think part 5 lacks it necessarily, but because I love the characters so much I just want more of them having fun before ... well before the end :(
yeah i know, araki should have done some oneshots with them, its one of the reasons i like rolling stones but that was more mista than anyone else and mista didnt need more screen time lol
The brains of the gang that didn't really do any thinking whatsoever?
He did math and fooled people into thinking his stand would help in this half of the stretch lol

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
LOVE the new ED. O Fortuna seems very appropriate for the shenanigans that happen towards the end. Very mixed on the new OP. The song is decent, tho not immediately as catchy as Great Days or the first Vento Aureo OP, but I really don't dig the visuals. There's no fancy aesthetic like we see in other OPs and it recaps battles that were already foreshadowed in OP1. It also feels a bit clipshow-y, and I'm a little suspsect that these are literally scenes ripped out from later arcs in the anime. Either way, I can't believe they spoiled so many things in the span of a minute. Rofl, I can't even comment about it in the anime thread without alluding to something. I'm also a bit annoyed they didn't use this specific version of Giorno saving Mista in the White Album episode.
EN7OgQ0.png

This my favourite panel of part 5, and I can't believe that they decided to use this framing for an opening. Something about Giorno's specific tilt and side-shadowing makes it sooooo much more cooler than just him just standing upright and covered in shadows.

Also, some detail I noticed, and I'm not sure anyone caught this yet. The guy kissing the hand is totally the end of Vento Aureo, with the Mafia underling paying respects to Giorno, right?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
LOVE the new ED. O Fortuna seems very appropriate for the shenanigans that happen towards the end. Very mixed on the new OP. The song is decent, tho not immediately as catchy as Great Days or the first Vento Aureo OP, but I really don't dig the visuals. There's no fancy aesthetic like we see in other OPs and it recaps battles that were already foreshadowed in OP1. It also feels a bit clipshow-y, and I'm a little suspsect that these are literally scenes ripped out from later arcs in the anime. Either way, I can't believe they spoiled so many things in the span of a minute. Rofl, I can't even comment about it in the anime thread without alluding to something. I'm also a bit annoyed they didn't use this specific version of Giorno saving Mista in the White Album episode.
EN7OgQ0.png

This my favourite panel of part 5, and I can't believe that they decided to use this framing for an opening. Something about Giorno's specific tilt and side-shadowing makes it sooooo much more cooler than just him just standing upright and covered in shadows.

Also, some detail I noticed, and I'm not sure anyone caught this yet. The guy kissing the hand is totally the end of Vento Aureo, with the Mafia underling paying respects to Giorno, right?
I believe it's Don Giorno, since the boss is recluse af so he'd never let anyone touch his hand

That scene gives me the chills for some reason

Also i prefer the white album version of the pieta scene cause the shadows are more defined, not that this version isn't badass...but you can barely see giorno's face... i think they didnt go for stylised op because the sky looks very dreamy in this one...

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Going through Parts 1 and 2 I have to say I still really enjoy them even if other parts are stronger overall. The Pillar Men are a lot more fun than a majority of the stand users in like parts 3 - 5. It helps they have Joseph to bounced off of.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
The Pillar Men have one of the best character themes. Other contenders being Kira, Okuyasu, Giorno and Jotaro imo.

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
They aren't as good as Pet Shop, Dio and the Assassination squad in Part 5.

Dio is a non-entity through 95% of Part 3 and Part 1 Dio is far superior and where most of his actual character comes from. Pet Shop is ok but like most villains post Part 2 they don't stick around long enough to be more than a cool fight. The Assassination squad is the same deal. I could give a shit less about their characters because they're just a power and an over exaggerated personality trait. Cool fight but once that's over, that's it.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So, you suppose that Talking Head, which is a reference to "Liar Liar," is better in execution than any of those in Stone Ocean?
I feel that Talking Head is closet to Yellow Temperance in terms of being a reference to something without being a direct recycling, if only because it's half of a duo instead of being the entire gimmick of a fight. It also doesn't instantly break the power level of a character like the frog rain, and is resolved in a way that make more sense than Jail House Lock.
So, yes, Talking Head is superior in execution to these fights.

Oct 25, 2017
La Squadra is special in that it feels like any one of them could basically take over the world, with some being absolutely cataclysmic threats. Most of the sub villains in Part 3 aren't that memorable besides the much more interesting and dynamic fights like D'Arby I and II. Part 4 doesn't really have straight villains but seeing their unique stand powers and where it goes was pretty nice. Kind of the same with Stone Ocean though they are nearly all actual villains with even more wack ass powers.

Oct 25, 2017
Dio is a non-entity through 95% of Part 3 and Part 1 Dio is far superior and where most of his actual character comes from. Pet Shop is ok but like most villains post Part 2 they don't stick around long enough to be more than a cool fight. The Assassination squad is the same deal. I could give a shit less about their characters because they're just a power and an over exaggerated personality trait. Cool fight but once that's over, that's it.
I wish certain enemies stuck around longer, but at the same time I don't want another Part 2. Not enough Dio is definitely a complaint I have with Part 3 just like I wish Diavolo had more legitimate screen time in Part 5, but all in all I like how Part's 4 and 5 were handled. I wouldn't call the execution squad a bunch of throw aways either since their dynamic pretty much parallels Bruno's group.

Oct 25, 2017
We're also in for an ass load of Diavolo coming up. His whole dynamic with Doppio makes him probably one of the most explored villains as a pure character.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Wammu is the only Pillar Man I really like at this point. He's a great antagonist with good characterization (minus the whole "I freak out if anyone steps on my shadow" quirk that Araki immediately forgot) and had by far the best fight in part 2.

Araki has revisited the powers of Esidisi and Santana in more interesting ways in later parts, and their personalities honestly don't stick out as much as Wammu's; at least Esidisi's crying quirk and Joseph's admiration for him when he becomes a dumb brain stick out more than Santana's generic personality. Kars had the potential to be interesting, but ended up becoming one of the dullest main antagonists in the series (squirrel hand is still the best, though).

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm still bummed Santana sucks. Cause I like Santana songs and he deserved his name in a better character >:(

Oct 25, 2017
Doppio and Diavolo both existed as one, but some stressor triggered the personality split and it was so powerful he has a physical form for each personality.