• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm assuming we get this fabulous fucking bullshit next week?
tumblr_inline_p0bkk8wFw31umt6qu_1280.jpg

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Fun episode. Manga readers gonna fuck this up for anime only watchers huh (re: the relationship between Doppio and the Boss)

Metallic is a fantastic name change by the way.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
They legit just called it Metallic?
Not even Metalicana? :P

Ugh I should really make a note about that, thanks for the heads up.

No problem, I remember a ton of folks tipping their hand on King Crimson the second he appeared talking about stuff ahead of what the anime covered.

And yeah, Metallic is a goofy name but like Crush/Clash it's not a jarring difference, so I like it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
No problem, I remember a ton of folks tipping their hand on King Crimson the second he appeared talking about stuff ahead of what the anime covered.

And yeah, Metallic is a goofy name but like Crush/Clash it's not a jarring difference, so I like it.
...but the shark doesn't even crush! To be fair, it tries to avoid Clashing, but still :V

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I feel like a lot of things were answered in that episode, though that could just be foreshadowing that I already know the implication of

I'll lay off answering anything too

I will say though that Im happy they just overtly did the body switching thing for each personality instead of a copout camera cut, this is what I thought it was in the first place

convo

Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to talk about the fortune teller this episode because for one he's the real deal, and that goes into the other thing being that there are people out in the world without stand powers but abilities that can contest or rival them. It reminded me of that page in Part 7 with how the spin and hamon are abilites that can aspire to be equal to stand powers. The series has shown that normal people can stand a chance against bullshit stand battles and i like that Araki brings those situations up.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've always wanted a JoJo series where the main character's Stand just allows him to sense Stands...and then he has to counter them on his knowledge and inherent skills alone.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to talk about the fortune teller this episode because for one he's the real deal, and that goes into the other thing being that there are people out in the world without stand powers but abilities that can contest or rival them. It reminded me of that page in Part 7 with how the spin and hamon are abilites that can aspire to be equal to stand powers. The series has shown that normal people can stand a chance against bullshit stand battles and i like that Araki brings those situations up.

Dude even got to die happy because he was so damn proud of his skill in his craft.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Next week I have to see throat scissors and (possibly) abbacchio's death :(

This was a great start to this arc. I love the colour scheme used for doppio. And risotto has one of the best designs in part 5.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Man i think next episode will end with abbachio cliffhanger and the following will start with his talk with his friend

Im not ready for that

Man im really not ready for that

I just hope they use that chapter's name for an episode

Oct 25, 2017
I am not fucking ready for Narancia. Top 10 Saddest Anime Deaths. Poor kid was gonna go back to school.
I felt so bad for him when I read the manga, I loved that passionate idiot kid.
One after another while people still believe in the false sense of security Mista's plot armor created
For a minute I misread that as Bruno's plot armor, he's already dead, he just refused it. Mista's just lucky.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I am not fucking ready for Narancia. Top 10 Saddest Anime Deaths. Poor kid was gonna go back to school.
:(
:((
That flowerbed scene
I'm not gonna make it :(
Specially now that i know giorno did that cause the boy mentioned the garden way before

I felt so bad for him when I read the manga, I loved that passionate idiot kid.

For a minute I misread that as Bruno's plot armor, he's already dead, he just refused it. Mista's just lucky.
I almost spoiled bruno's situation when a dude at my college mentioned someone that got a fuckin plot armor and i said"you really think he's alive? :)"
Dude was talking about Mista
Just imagine talking to your friend and then you blink and he's suddenly fucking dead.
:(

I wonder if they'll make a sad version of canzione preferite only to make it 100 times worse

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man i think next episode will end with abbachio cliffhanger and the following will start with his talk with his friend

Im not ready for that

Man im really not ready for that

I just hope they use that chapter's name for an episode

They named an entire volume after it so I'm pretty sure that'll be the episode name

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Narancia fucked up, can't start talking about future plans like that before the battle is over. Boss probably heard it and was like, damn it my dude you just broke a rule of storytelling. Now I gotta kill you.

Boss really had no choice guys.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
All of this reminds me of that one video on death in jojo. I forgot who made it but when he was talking about the 3 different types of deaths in part 5 for abbacchio, Narancia, and Bruno. That was a very cool observation and discussion.

Narancia and abbacchio are the most shocking because it happens all at once. For Bruno we spend almost half the show knowing he's gonna die but when it's finally time for him to go we're still not ready for it. Or at least I wasn't :(

Still got lots of great moments to come, I think the next big thing, after next episode, is the 7 page muda. I forget how long jotaro's beat down on steelydan was but I kinda hope giorno's is only like 5-10 seconds longer. It's gotta be emphasized how freaking long he's beating ciocolatta but I don't want it to be too long.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Man I've said it before and I'll say it again. I LOVE that Araki isn't afraid to kill of his characters.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
All of this reminds me of that one video on death in jojo. I forgot who made it but when he was talking about the 3 different types of deaths in part 5 for abbacchio, Narancia, and Bruno. That was a very cool observation and discussion.

Narancia and abbacchio are the most shocking because it happens all at once. For Bruno we spend almost half the show knowing he's gonna die but when it's finally time for him to go we're still not ready for it. Or at least I wasn't :(

Still got lots of great moments to come, I think the next big thing, after next episode, is the 7 page muda. I forget how long jotaro's beat down on steelydan was but I kinda hope giorno's is only like 5-10 seconds longer. It's gotta be emphasized how freaking long he's beating ciocolatta but I don't want it to be too long.

And the 7 page beatdown will be long and extra you know it

Oct 25, 2017

Gotta be long enough for Giorno to go "WRRRRYYYYYY!!"

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Oh right the wrryyy! I'm pretty sure the ps2 game took it out, but I'm sure the anime will keep it in. Stand cries basically being genetic are proven by giorno & dio, and Jotaro & jolyne, but for some reason it never seems that weird to me until I remember giorno doing the wrrryyyy. But like weird in a "this is so funny and great I'm glad he does this" type of way.

Oct 25, 2017
See, he tried not to hear it, but Narancia fucked up. And when you go against something like that, well the boss just can't let it slide. It was out of his hands.
"Nothing personal kid"
Oh right the wrryyy! I'm pretty sure the ps2 game took it out, but I'm sure the anime will keep it in. Stand cries basically being genetic are proven by giorno & dio, and Jotaro & jolyne, but for some reason it never seems that weird to me until I remember giorno doing the wrrryyyy. But like weird in a "this is so funny and great I'm glad he does this" type of way.
He's so Dio's kid that he just knew of "Wrrry" instinctively. The Joestars have the running, while I guess Brando's Wrry.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That's the brando way of showing that you're pissed off xD

I love it cause coming from Giorno that feels so out of character lol

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
After stumbling upon it thanks to this thread I can't but recommend Scoob and Shag as something Jojo fans might like. Mind you it starts really fucking dumb almost anti humor and then it gets really weird and creepy... and then it turns into:

D3wfM8qW4AEwXP_.jpg

Some crazy shonen style manga craziness that is clearly inspired by stuff like Hunter x Hunter and Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Okay, I 100% forget the Doppio backstory.
What's the deal with his Mum under the floor again? and the two years in prison thing?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bruh i still have no idea why the poor woman got buried there alive, if it was because of his identity wouldn't be easier to just kill her? Boss is a fucking monster >_>

How did she not die? Did he open the hole to feed her from time to time? D:

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I 100% forget the Doppio backstory.
What's the deal with his Mum under the floor again? and the two years in prison thing?
Two years is just a jojo thing maybe because of his weird biology and being two souls it took longer who knows

Bruh i still have no idea why the poor woman got buried there alive, if it was because of his identity wouldn't be easier to just kill her? Boss is a fucking monster >_>

How did she not die? Did he open the hole to feed her from time to time? D:
Maybe he just hated his mom for some reason and wanted to make her suffer

I thought he was going to burn down the village so left her there so her body wouldn't be found and erased his identity

But really only Araki knows why anything

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Two years is just a jojo thing maybe because of his weird biology and being two souls it took longer who knows

Maybe he just hated his mom for some reason and wanted to make her suffer

I thought he was going to burn down the village so left her there so her body wouldn't be found and erased his identity

But really only Araki knows why anything
Burning the village would make sense if she wasn't under solid rock/concrete... if he wanted to erase any trace she would have to be the pire... maybe this is just to show how wicked and obsessed the guy is but damn... Trish's mom got real lucky making it so far after she dating this guy

Frimaire

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, it's the still alive thing that's mostly confusing me, like both how and why bother?
Also had to laugh at the fairly contrived reason for tearing up the floor.
Like, "Oh, time to build a garage addition, better get my trusty pick ax and just start... tearing up the floor in my house?"