• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
So I was doing some reading on the Jojo timeline on the Wiki and apparently Polnareff was digging around into info on Passione in 86, which is two years after his sister dies. Polnareff got pulled off of two high risk investigations to help out Jotaro. None of this matches up with how he acts in SDC outside of being emo about his sister dying.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Next episode is going to end with Abbachio's death....its going to be controversial
I hope it ends on a cliffhanger so i can read the "nah this is another fakeout death, golden boy gonna patch him up, bruno's still fine", then next episode is the bus scene

So I was doing some reading on the Jojo timeline on the Wiki and apparently Polnareff was digging around into info on Passione in 86, which is two years after his sister dies. Polnareff got pulled off of two high risk investigations to help out Jotaro. None of this matches up with how he acts in SDC outside of being emo about his sister dying.
i think after losing two of his friends to save his sore ass he grew up a little

Oct 25, 2017
I hope it ends on a cliffhanger so i can read the "nah this is another fakeout death, golden boy gonna patch him up, bruno's still fine", then next episode is the bus scene

i think after losing two of his friends to save his sore ass he grew up a little
I guess. Rewatching the last ep...is Pucci the most sane of the stand user villains?

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pucci is the most insane because you don't fuck with religious fervor. Diavolo and Kira have their own mental health conditions but pucci is another level.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think he's insane in any way, just passionately devoted to achieving his goal for Dio. Diavolo and Kira can barely walk down the street and function socially.
Being devoted to a dude as if he was a god or something rings all insanity bells to me, you can be smart and devoted without being sane, honestly, that degree of devotion would never happen if the person's mind worked well xD

Oct 25, 2017
Being devoted to a dude as if he was a god or something rings all insanity bells to me, you can be smart and devoted without being sane, honestly, that degree of devotion would never happen if the person's mind worked well xD
I mean the dude is a priest, religious devotion is well within his character.
Pucci is the most insane because you don't fuck with religious fervor. Diavolo and Kira have their own mental health conditions but pucci is another level.
So pretty much Pucci is a Dio Jihadist?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean the dude is a priest, religious devotion is well within his character.

So pretty much Pucci is a Dio Jihadist?
He's a fanatic, he's insane and fixated on dio's goal, his love blinded him of any reason, dude's the craziest of all jojo villains until jojolion(maybe?) tops it off.

The difference is that his goal can be seen as reasonable, like a shin megami tensei npc

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Valentine gave 0 fucks to immigration policies, he only wanted to screw the whole planet in order to protect his land, if you're in american soil you're fine i guess

Dude's despicable

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I'd put their policies on the same level. Only Valentine's is more graphic and straightforward about killing immigrants when he wants to. Like if Timecop was a legal text.

Yeah but he's got an out policy. He hates people from other countries, but if you renounce your country for america, he'll let you slide. This however does not excuse his egomania, his disregard for the life of his subordinates or his literal rape. But at least he has that.

With Valentine, he just cares if you're American. With Trump, you gotta be a specific 'type' of american.

Oct 25, 2017
I think for this arc, it helps pull a lot of people back in because its a break from the usual, although great formula by having villain vs villain with such a weird setup with best boy Doppio.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Showing the boss' past now and not after the green day fight was such a smart move, anime thread hype is contagious and i feel i might like diavolo a bit more after the anime ends..

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Valentine scares me the most out of any of the villains tbh.

I love villain focused fights in jojo. Kira vs stray cat is excellent and so is doppio vs risotto. I can't remember any other villain vs villain fights tbh there's probably more.

Also tbh about diavolo, I felt like I was only ever interested in doppio, not diavolo, but i think the anime will help improve on him.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Also tbh about diavolo, I felt like I was only ever interested in doppio, not diavolo, but i think the anime will help improve on him.
You can't consider them as separated entities, if you do so diavolo will just suck, that's why showing his flashback before was such a smart decision, it helps fixing the idea that they are the same entity... i think anime will improve a lot on the boss cause he's an amazing concept but a bit poorly executed imo

About what ypu said on valentine, i agree, but he's way more scary because of the context we live in, Valentine is someone that could be a real person, if we read it some years ago he wouldn't be so scary, would look even cartoony... but in a post trump world...

It's the same feeling i get from playing persona 2 today lol

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
Yeah but he's got an out policy. He hates people from other countries, but if you renounce your country for america, he'll let you slide. This however does not excuse his egomania, his disregard for the life of his subordinates or his literal rape. But at least he has that.

With Valentine, he just cares if you're American. With Trump, you gotta be a specific 'type' of american.

I'm considering people coming across with D4C immigrants as well, and he rarely brings people over for a good reason.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You can't consider them as separated entities, if you do so diavolo will just suck, that's why showing his flashback before was such a smart decision, it helps fixing the idea that they are the same entity... i think anime will improve a lot on the boss cause he's an amazing concept but a bit poorly executed imo

About what ypu said on valentine, i agree, but he's way more scary because of the context we live in, Valentine is someone that could be a real person, if we read it some years ago he wouldn't be so scary, would look even cartoony... but in a post trump world...

the persona 2 duology really makes you think about Social Media.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Regardless of the anime adaptation I still think Diavolo will be my least liked JoJo villain. Depending on who it is for jojolion, at the moment he's still bottom 2 though, just above part 3 dio and bellow Kars.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019

Yeah, I think I and a lot of people consider them two different people so it just takes away a lot of the quirks from diavolo because doppio has so much more screen time and a more interesting personality (at least imo). Diavolo I don't think is bad, but kind of underwhelming, at least from what I got from the manga. But seeing him in the anime has already made me like him a little more.

It's been a while since I read anything valentine related in part 7 but yeah the context of today makes him so much scarier and also what you said earlier about people defending him like that just makes me dislike valentine even if I do think he's well written and a very effective villain.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I think I and a lot of people consider them two different people so it just takes away a lot of the quirks from diavolo because doppio has so much more screen time and a more interesting personality (at least imo). Diavolo I don't think is bad, but kind of underwhelming, at least from what I got from the manga. But seeing him in the anime has already made me like him a little more.

It's been a while since I read anything valentine related in part 7 but yeah the context of today makes him so much scarier and also what you said earlier about people defending him like that just makes me dislike valentine even if I do think he's well written and a very effective villain.
Yup, if the anime nails joining him together he might go from my bottom 2 to my top 3, i really want to like diavolo because thematically he's just a great concept, crimson king and all...

I despise valentine so much... he's well written as hell but i feel like his motivation to do stuffs is so shallow compared to the wreckage he causes... i don't get patriotism, i don't think i'll ever relate to him, i didn't even need the rape scenes to hate him but DAMN he just had to do that didnt he?

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Based DP delivering with Doppio's episode, now imagine Part 6 & 7 animated

fgfalamibjg21.jpg

tumblr_inline_o32bo9Ar4Q1txfpa2_540.png

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Showing the boss' past now and not after the green day fight was such a smart move, anime thread hype is contagious and i feel i might like diavolo a bit more after the anime ends..

I haven't read the manga in a long time and I couldn't figure out what they changed. I just remember going "Shit I don't remember SPLIT PERSONALITY being tipped off that early." That would do it.

I remember it being a big deal when Risotto figures out that he's actually fighting the Boss and not his second in command. I think before that point I thought King Crimson had some long range possession type shit where he could jump from body to body with Epitaph lol

Doppio seems like such a good guy at first and that's kind of thrown away immediately when you get the flashback, but I get why they did it. Makes Diavolo seem like a much bigger deal earlier on

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I haven't read the manga in a long time and I couldn't figure out what they changed. I just remember going "Shit I don't remember SPLIT PERSONALITY being tipped off that early." That would do it.

I remember it being a big deal when Risotto figures out that he's actually fighting the Boss and not his second in command. I think before that point I thought King Crimson had some long range possession type shit where he could jump from body to body with Epitaph lol

Doppio seems like such a good guy at first and that's kind of thrown away immediately when you get the flashback, but I get why they did it. Makes Diavolo seem like a much bigger deal earlier on
Yep, when you start telling these stuffs right away you sniff away that impression that you've only seen the boss for 3 chapters, cause that's the interval you have between his reveal and chariot requiem fuckery D: maybe less...
We've seen bruno in his body more than he ever appeared in the series being himself... thats so weird

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I wonder what people are gonna think about diavolo's death. I still think he didn't deserve that. I don't have much problem with it, because I think the concept of it and gold experience requiem are pretty cool, but it's still a bit overboard lol.

We've seen bruno in his body more than he ever appeared in the series being himself... thats so weird
Oh wow yeah that's probably another reason why it feels like I barely knew the boss while reading the manga. By the time he fully appears, bruno ends up in his body so it's not even him anymore.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Yeah, honestly having Diavolo be presented more like some possession-entity thing makes his character much better in my eyes, if this sticks.
Would have liked for that latest episode to feel less rushed, but that's on account of this upcoming week I have a lot to deal with & I really wanted to soak in best boi's intro for the limited time I currently have. This is still so very awesome overall

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what people are gonna think about diavolo's death. I still think he didn't deserve that. I don't have much problem with it, because I think the concept of it and gold experience requiem are pretty cool, but it's still a bit overboard lol.
He deserved that. Also i was thinking about his demise today and was wondering if the dimension GER took him wasn't just the place where all time skipped by king crimson went... kinda makes sense cause that time was removed from reality, and the irony of that would be just god damn delicious, he would have dug his own grave.

You guys gotta remeber that the suffering Diavolo caused wasn't just to whoever he directly hurt, he fucked up all italy :p

Yeah, honestly having Diavolo be presented more like some possession-entity thing makes his character much better in my eyes, if this sticks.
Would have liked for that latest episode to feel less rushed, but that's on account of this upcoming week I have a lot to deal with & I really wanted to soak in best boi's intro for the limited time I currently have. This is still so very awesome overall
I didn't think it was that rushed... also putting diavolo's background here makes for more space for his scenes before the colosseum fight. I like the possessed entity approach as well, makes the boss feel more misterious and wicked

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I think it feels rushed because some of these fights/chapters MOVE. Honestly that's a big reason why Part 5 has some of my favorite fights.

Like, I know what's coming next week and it feels surreal that we're gonna hit it next week.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
After stumbling upon it thanks to this thread I can't but recommend Scoob and Shag as something Jojo fans might like. Mind you it starts really fucking dumb almost anti humor and then it gets really weird and creepy... and then it turns into:

D3wfM8qW4AEwXP_.jpg

Some crazy shonen style manga craziness that is clearly inspired by stuff like Hunter x Hunter and Jojo's Bizarre Adventures
Caught up, love it already, and fuck...I caught up

Can I just Bitesa Dusto for the rest of the weekend cause of trade school graduation I'm feeling anxious over

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up, love it already, and fuck...I caught up

Can I just Bitesa Dusto for the rest of the weekend cause of trade school graduation I'm feeling anxious over

At this point I'm waiting for anime characters to start showing up and see Josuke or Dio appear. The author has commented that he's obviously a big fan of Jojo among other things.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After stumbling upon it thanks to this thread I can't but recommend Scoob and Shag as something Jojo fans might like. Mind you it starts really fucking dumb almost anti humor and then it gets really weird and creepy... and then it turns into:

D3wfM8qW4AEwXP_.jpg

Some crazy shonen style manga craziness that is clearly inspired by stuff like Hunter x Hunter and Jojo's Bizarre Adventures

I was thinking, yeah this is okay but why is it in a Jojo thread, then I got to the chapter where it made sense.

This is dumb as hell but I'm into it lol

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You know it is funny how different the reactions to the boss is compared to the manga. Most people I have seen think he was bland but looking at this thread it seems everyone loves him.

I certainly feel he is even better than I remember. He is really fun to watch.
idk, I feel the common problems with the Doppio/Diavolo stemmed after the introduction, which was always liked. It could just be residual thoughts from the bland-translated manga, though.

But the anime is making everything better so ya know.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
idk, I feel the common problems with the Doppio/Diavolo stemmed after the introduction, which was always liked. It could just be residual thoughts from the bland-translated manga, though.

But the anime is making everything better so ya know.
Problem was introducing doppio way before than explaining the boss' past, people got too used to the kid so when the boss showed up it felt like he existed for too little time

From his reveal to the body swaps you only really see his face for one chapter while he's being himself, so it makes it harder to understand he and doppio are supposed to be the same. I mean, you will understand it but they'll feel like totally different entities

Edit: had a small heart attack thinking this was the anime thread

Deleted member 176

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I forget, what happens to doppio? does he re-merge? he's too kind to frogs to deserve what happens to the boss