• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Doppio honestly has a pretty sad death imo. Like I was sad to see him go when I read the manga. I know the deaths of these characters keeps getting brought up but I'm not ready to see these characters go ;_;

Also, I just felt like rereading the train arc from steel ball run and man i love Diego and Hot Pants so much. I think they're my faves from part 7. Like I like Johnny and Gyro too but Diego and Hot Pants are my faves. I was not expecting them to die so soon, they were some of the very few deaths in jojo I had not spoiled for myself. Also.. I wish they would've gotten more scenes together, I really enjoyed the brief interactions they had. I feel like their dynamic could've been so fun.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Part 7 is the major "secondary character wasted potential" saga
I love every single one of them and it barely feels like i had time to meet them. Someone put sandman in the next game, please

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Part 7 is the major "secondary character wasted potential" saga
I love every single one of them and it barely feels like i had time to meet them. Someone put sandman in the next game, please
Yeah I was expecting more from sandman. After I finished reading part 7 I looked up what people were saying and it seemed like lots of others were thinking he was gonna do more. I don't need him to be like super important, but I felt like he needed a more substantial role. Or at least, that's what it felt like he deserved while reading.

One thing the part 7 anime can really do is expand on the side characters. They've done so well with part 5 la squadra that I think they could really help lots of the steel ball run side characters. Also, I want them to do better with Hot Pants' death. She kinda just falls out the window and then she's gone, with very little acknowledgement. She's so awesome she deserves a better farewell than that ;_;

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I was expecting more from sandman. After I finished reading part 7 I looked up what people were saying and it seemed like lots of others were thinking he was gonna do more. I don't need him to be like super important, but I felt like he needed a more substantial role. Or at least, that's what it felt like he deserved while reading.

One thing the part 7 anime can really do is expand on the side characters. They've done so well with part 5 la squadra that I think they could really help lots of the steel ball run side characters. Also, I want them to do better with Hot Pants' death. She kinda just falls out the window and then she's gone, with very little acknowledgement. She's so awesome she deserves a better farewell than that ;_;
Of course you'll expect more from sandman, he's one of the first characters you'll meet in the part, him being in there so little is just a crime...
I don't mind hot pants being gone so much because honestly, after what they did to lucy i was just glad hot pants ended without someone fucking with her character, i'll always be salty about Lucy :/

But yeah hot pants deserved better, she deserves everything, jesus bless hot pants ;-;

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Fleshing out the side characters kinda defeats a core point of SBR.

I know you don't like it, but I'm glad Araki opted to not do that.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Fleshing out the side characters kinda defeats a core point of SBR.

I know you don't like it, but I'm glad Araki opted to not do that.
Remove chapters of lucy getting abused by the lesbian chick and give it to any other character in the part
How does that defeat the point of sbr?

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Cause that's taking away chapters from lucy, who is one of the three protagonists.

And the story of SBR is a selfish story. The other participants of SBR are just strangers in the night.

I like sandman, I like Hotpants.

I don't need to know more about either CAUSE THEY DON'T MATTER.

Telling me more about them does nothing for Gyro, Johnny or Lucy. Who the story is clearly and unconditionally about.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Lucy goes through the most sketch shit. But I'll tell you straight up, I'd never give up lucy development chapters for ANY of the side characters.

Not

A

One

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry i sometimes forget part 7 is perfect and without flaws and criticizing it for something reasonable is a blasphemy and the saviour will carry any heretic's soul to hell

Chill out

I love lucy but she was freaking turned into a literal object for several chapters and you could easily skip some of the kinky parts of her meeting with the first lady with anything else while still giving her other way to fool the woman and do something. Everything that happens to lucy once she goes into that place is atrocious and honestly detrimental to her character development cause its all a process of her awesome and full of agency self being turned into a plot device and literal baggage.

I can never stand for that after knowing the same man that wrote Jolyne did this disservice for one of the best characters in the saga.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Sorry i sometimes forget part 7 is perfect and without flaws and criticizing it for something reasonable is a blasphemy and the saviour will carry any heretic's soul to hell

Chill out

I love lucy but she was freaking turned into a literal object for several chapters and you could easily skip some of the kinky parts of her meeting with the first lady with anything else while still giving her other way to fool the woman and do something. Everything that happens to lucy once she goes into that place is atrocious and honestly detrimental to her character development cause its all a process of her awesome and full of agency self being turned into a plot device and literal baggage.

I can never stand for that after knowing the same man that wrote Jolyne did this disservice for one of the best characters in the saga.

I never said part 7 was perfect. I dunno why you take me considering a certain aspect as unnecessary to the narrative equaling me calling part 7 perfect. You're conflating things. Also none of that lucy diatribe has to do with your initial point of giving more time to side characters who don't matter to the overall narrative.

How does giving sandman or hotpants or say mountain tim that chapter remove those issues? You kinda just off tangent'd the core point cause I mentioned that series was important tonlucy as a character(regardless of how problematic ot was.)

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The HxH 2011 anime aged up Gon and Killua(I think?) slightly near the start of it...maybe more of the same can be done for Lucy?

Eh, life was way different back then
It didnt... they de-aged them tbh, cause by CA saga they were supposed to be 14 but anime said gon was 12 D:
I never said part 7 was perfect. I dunno why you take me considering a certain aspect as unnecessary to the narrative equaling me calling part 7 perfect. You're conflating things. Also none of that lucy diatribe has to do with your initial point of giving more time to side characters who don't matter to the overall narrative.

How does giving sandman or hotpants or say mountain tim that chapter remove those issues? You kinda just off tangent'd the core point cause I mentioned that series was important tonlucy as a character(regardless of how problematic ot was.)
I'm just tired of receiving hostility everytime i talk about this part, idk why that happens so much but it's like you just can't say anything on sbr without someone overreacting and flipping on your face. Really, you simply made a double post just to rant at me, why?

I think it wouldn't hurt the pacing that much to spare some time to integrate these characters a bit more on the narrrative, sbr has some stuff it could do without to make space for that, or it could even add more chapters idk. Dude brought the world Dio only to make some fanservice and he pulled that off(at least for me) by making it a way toshow how johnny grew up, he also made a joshu filler in jojolion in the worst time possible and i still think it was one of the best "fights" that part had(tho it might be cause i think it was cool because i wanted more sugar mountain lol), honestly i know it's hard to add more sandman and/or hot pants in there but i don't really think it's impossible to make some space.

It's not the point of the saga, just as adding filler to part 5 wouldn't make it any better, but there's no evil in wanting more time to some characters that had so much potential to be awesome, specially when each chapter is about 44 pages, which means one or two chapters off the main road wouldn't really hurt and have enough space to add something. I just wanted to remove those chapters cause it would make me cringe less i guess, but could just add something idk, the saga loses nothing by fleshing out good characters.

Last edited:

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
I personally hate the DIO addition to SBR, so I mean they could cut that out and I'd lose no sleep over it.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
I like hot pants so I want to see more from her. She's a great character who I enjoy reading about and want more from. Same for Diego. When I love a character I want to see more from them, which is why I want more downtime in part 5, and also even in part 4 where there's already lots of downtown.

On the point of part 7 though I am really looking forward to anime-onlies reaction to dinosaur Diego. I think I've already said this in a post a while back but I just love scary monsters as a stand so much and want to see people's reactions to it. There's something about scary monsters that's so simple yet so wacky and it's the perfect blend to make it my favourite stand.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I personally hate the DIO addition to SBR, so I mean they could cut that out and I'd lose no sleep over it.
See, fat to trim, stuff that could be switched for something else, sbr has its share, i think he only added that Dio cause he already missed Diego at that point lol or just wanted to prove a point that The World just wasn't that op anymore, i like it mostly because it had more Diego but i could do without that, in the long scheme of things that was just harmless though.
I like hot pants so I want to see more from her. She's a great character who I enjoy reading about and want more from. Same for Diego. When I love a character I want to see more from them, which is why I want more downtime in part 5, and also even in part 4 where there's already lots of downtown.

On the point of part 7 though I am really looking forward to anime-onlies reaction to dinosaur Diego. I think I've already said this in a post a while back but I just love scary monsters as a stand so much and want to see people's reactions to it. There's something about scary monsters that's so simple yet so wacky and it's the perfect blend to make it my favourite stand.
i wanna see how diego moves, must be funny as hell

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That's really going to be the biggest problem of SBR: things need to move. The horses and the dinosaurs need to be animated.
You can only go so far with shakey close-up of the characters and shots from afar where you only see the dust.
It'll either get game of thrones'd where they removed all direwolves cause reasons or will take years to be made cause uh... budget

They can't even make it a movie cause of how expensive it'll be, that's one of the reasons i think they're investing so damn much on cg now, they can make some stuff look really good in a way most studios can't..

Part 6 being a good endpoint for jojo doesn't make me any more optimistic about sbr getting an anime, it's all about how much passion DP has for thatt series

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
Part 6 being a good endpoint for JoJo is the same as Space Runaway Ideon's movie Be Invoked is a good endpoint. Tomino has said that
the movie's end leads to the establishment of the Gundam universe and Cosmo reincarnates as Judau Ashita in said universe. Which can be taken as Tomino just playing with his toys, but worst head canons have been entertained.

Part 6's ending will leave some people with a bad taste in their mouths that 7 kind of rectifies.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Part 6 being a good endpoint for JoJo is the same as Space Runaway Ideon's movie Be Invoked is a good endpoint. Tomino has said that
the movie's end leads to the establishment of the Gundam universe and Cosmo reincarnates as Judau Ashita in said universe. Which can be taken as Tomino just playing with his toys, but worst head canons have been entertained.

Part 6's ending will leave some people with a bad taste in their mouths that 7 kind of rectifies.
As long as you've understood part 6's ending and knows original universe didn't get nuked, that is D:

Try reading part 7 while thinking that it was, i can assure you it's not funny

Nothing you can't fix with a better epilogue, aside from erasing best girl FF

I hope they manage to adapt everything though

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll adapt everything. The amount of horse racing to animate is heavily overstated, a lot of the plot is people running and standing.

And also the Scarlet Lucy lesbian thing was like, one whole chapter. Not even that really, it was a few pages and then she tried to steal the heart.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I think they'll adapt everything. The amount of horse racing to animate is heavily overstated, a lot of the plot is people running and standing.

And also the Scarlet Lucy lesbian thing was like, one whole chapter. Not even that really, it was a few pages and then she tried to steal the heart.
Yeah thats why i said it was harmless to remove/change, it's like that boat episode in sdc but might become half of an anime episode, yikes

The horses are a huge issues when most battles use them... animating the infinite spin gonna be pretty hard, i'm sure they can make some animation libraries for the scenes crowded with them... but any horse animation is a bitch to do on its own and they do weekly episodes so i expect some hiatuses like VA had

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

This is a hell lotta work @-@
I wonder if DP is going to animate Giorno sticking three fingers down Mista's pants during the Green Day fight.
They nerfed the plane pose so idk, then again, it IS one of their most famous poses so it WILL appear in some form lol

Aw man green day & oasis is so close @—@, it's my favorite fight i hope they nail that scene Giorno finds out he fucked up...And bruno's fight... and the beatdown... and the mold fx... and

Oct 25, 2017
This is a hell lotta work @-@

They nerfed the plane pose so idk, then again, it IS one of their most famous poses so it WILL appear in some form lol

Aw man green day & oasis is so close @—@, it's my favorite fight i hope they nail that scene Giorno finds out he fucked up...And bruno's fight... and the beatdown... and the mold fx... and
The reactions to how Giorno wins should be gold.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The reactions to how Giorno wins should be gold.
"Know your place. A deal like that is too good for someone like you."
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH

Might make some people warm up to him, and having the bruno v. Oasis fight happening at the same time gonna make these episodes simply perfect

Last edited:

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah thats why i said it was harmless to remove/change, it's like that boat episode in sdc but might become half of an anime episode, yikes

The horses are a huge issues when most battles use them... animating the infinite spin gonna be pretty hard, i'm sure they can make some animation libraries for the scenes crowded with them... but any horse animation is a bitch to do on its own and they do weekly episodes so i expect some hiatuses like VA had

If they do part 7 it's gonna get the whole Part 3 hiatus. One entire season.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people make a big deal about the horses.
Each horse doesn't need it owns unique animation or frames.
99% of it can probably be re-used.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
This is why Giorno is so good. Didn't even toy with him, he is the "all business" Jojo even more so than Jotaro in my opinion.
He had it rough, Jotaro is just momma's boy playing edgelord o-x
Peak Giorno. I love this boy.
Me too, i'm so proud of him
I don't know why people make a big deal about the horses.
Each horse doesn't need it owns unique animation or frames.
99% of it can probably be re-used.
run cycles are "easy", horses stumbling and falling are not, and you can only reuse animations for cg horses, it's still one of the hardest runs to animate

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think Steel Ball Run would be possible as a weekly TV anime. It would have to be some sort of Space Battleship Yamato 2199 thing, a series of OVA's.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Gyro would be good looking if he didn't have those stupid things in his teeth...D: that shit must stink man... i'd vote for Diego or Giorno with a better haircut lol...Jojolion's kira would probably look damn hot irl too... damn the competition is hard >_> i even find Jotaro handsome on parts 4~6...

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Gyro would be good looking if he didn't have those stupid things in his teeth...D: that shit must stink man... i'd vote for Diego or Giorno with a better haircut lol...Jojolion's kira would probably look damn hot irl too... damn the competition is hard >_> i even find Jotaro handsome on parts 4~6...
You can take grills off, they're not permanent on the teeth.

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Do we even see them after the first few chapters, though ? Maybe it's not that Araki forgot, maybe he just took them off !

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_pq0j1aWNWz1v8o68go1_540.png

tumblr_pq0j1aWNWz1v8o68go2_540.png

tumblr_pq0j1aWNWz1v8o68go3_540.png

http://potatoodles.tumblr.com/post/184206434159/deleted-scene