• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
True but i don't think it's that bad. Still i would have liked if they foreshadowed Polneraff earlier but that's my opinion. We are going to get quite a lot of backstory next episode
I never thought it was but people just hate these too much even if well written x-x, not like KC can be beaten without a trick

I hope they show polnaleff. Or a hint, antecipating his comeback does more for the show than a late reveal imo, like the boss/doppio thing

Oct 25, 2017
No i mean when he is voice chatting with the Part 5 Crew. (hell i wonder if they will straight up reveal it's Polneraff or keep it a mystery)
I'm going to chalk that up as stuff I don't remember. Some things I remember, other things are a bit of a blur. I will admit that I don't reread things that often. Now anime is a different story, I've even reread a good portion of Berserk, but I oddly don't do this with Jojo and I don't know why this is.
They'll hide it.

The big reveal is that it's polnareff and that he got BODIED.
King Crimson vs Silver Chariot is such a poor match up landslide of a curb stomp.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Revealing polnaleff 5 seconds before he gets bodies is dumb
Now, revealing him 5 episodes before only to get bodied, that makes people cry

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
the episode should open as a flashback to polnareff losing to diavolo for the first half, the jump forward in the second to the gang searching for clues with abbacchio's hot tip and end the episode with the phone call from polnareff.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Polnareff's bodying isn't an emotional moment.

It's a moment of "Holy fucking shit"

I don't need that fake emotion that shouldn't be there.

Sometimes you're just handed an L

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Polnareff's bodying isn't an emotional moment.

It's a moment of "Holy fucking shit"

I don't need that fake emotion that shouldn't be there.

Sometimes you're just handed an L
It needed some breathing room
Instead of holy shit it's polnaleff+ holy shit hes dead + holy shit chariot requiem
You do holy shit it's polnaleff /time to let that sink in/ HOLY SHIT HE JUST GOT BODIED+ WHAT THE FUCK(chariot requiem)

Gets more impact to the important twists without letting the polnaleff twist get weaker

But idk depending on episode lenght it could happen either way

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope they make the whole sequence better. How did they make the bust? How did Polnareff find them?
My personal theory is that Spice Girl made some rocks liquid, poured them into the shape, then released her stand to make the rocks solid again (it also esplains why the shape is broken afterwards). But then... did they upload a picture of the bust to the newsground "I_hate_the_mafia", with a message like "hey does anyone know this guy? Because we're pretty sure he's the boss"? And Polnareff has a bot that warns him anytime anyone post there?

I could see them keeping the identity of the mystery man a secret.... until the credits of the episode, where it would show "Polnareff is voiced by Komatsu Fuminori".

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
In this week's edition of "oh man part 4's dub is so good"

also holy shit, d.c. douglas' performance made the bath scene even MORE uncomfortable

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they make the whole sequence better. How did they make the bust? How did Polnareff find them?
My personal theory is that Spice Girl made some rocks liquid, poured them into the shape, then released her stand to make the rocks solid again (it also esplains why the shape is broken afterwards). But then... did they upload a picture of the bust to the newsground "I_hate_the_mafia", with a message like "hey does anyone know this guy? Because we're pretty sure he's the boss"? And Polnareff has a bot that warns him anytime anyone post there?

I could see them keeping the identity of the mystery man a secret.... until the credits of the episode, where it would show "Polnareff is voiced by Komatsu Fuminori".
your theory for the bust is the only way for it to make sense lol im adopting it to my headcanon.

As for polnaleff finding them he states he was monitoring the fingerprint database so it would warn him of whoever tried to look for Diavolo's prints in the dead people database, so i can roll with that.

If they really dont want the va there they can use google translate or a speaker program lol

In this week's edition of "oh man part 4's dub is so good"

also holy shit, d.c. douglas' performance made the bath scene even MORE uncomfortable

...can it get more uncomfortable?

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
...can it get more uncomfortable?
"Why the odd face? We've done this before."

"I aammm your father, we should do some bonding"

"What is it? You're sweating like a guilty little pig ripe for slaughter"

I don't know if I want to risk posting it, but the dub scene is on Youtube. Pretty sure by the same uploader as the video linked previously.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
"Why the odd face? We've done this before."

"I aammm your father, we should do some bonding"

"What is it? You're sweating like a guilty little pig ripe for slaughter"

I don't know if I want to risk posting it, but the dub scene is on Youtube. Pretty sure by the same uploader as the video linked previously.
Good lord...

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Figures as soon as I buy Stardust Crusaders that Shonen Jump puts the whole Part online for their $2 a month service.

Now I'm stuck with a volume of manga I don't want to continue collecting.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
While I complain I've also already ordered Diamond is Unbreakable so I might just be dumb.

SJ puts that stuff up once it's complete right? Not during its publication?
LOL i think it depends on the manga, they probably have to translate jojo to english so that's why it's taking time, ongoing series had weekly chapters and you can read the first and the latest for free iirc

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
LOL i think it depends on the manga, they probably have to translate jojo to english so that's why it's taking time, ongoing series had weekly chapters and you can read the first and the latest for free iirc

Well that's fine. I was planning on subbing anyway to read One Punch Man and My Hero Academia. Might as well read Stardust Crusaders while I'm there.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's fine. I was planning on subbing anyway to read One Punch Man and My Hero Academia. Might as well read Stardust Crusaders while I'm there.
Once you catch up with MHA/opm you don't even need to pay, week chapter is free for the week, this service is freaking awesome

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
How in the world do these people make any money at all.
Blu ray, people in japan buying the magazine like crazy. It's cheaper to give out chapters for free than letting piracy take over, south park has been doing that for years with episode streaming iirc, and it works out just fine. As long as you need to pay if you miss a chapter you get some money, and it's such a low price some people might pay just to have access to everything.

Not to mention there's people like me who enjoys collecting stuff, whenever a good manga gets to brazil i make an effort to buy the volumes if i can xO, im still salty i missed too many volumes of hxh to ever catch up :/

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blu ray, people in japan buying the magazine like crazy. It's cheaper to give out chapters for free than letting piracy take over, south park has been doing that for years with episode streaming iirc, and it works out just fine. As long as you need to pay if you miss a chapter you get some money, and it's such a low price some people might pay just to have access to everything.

Not to mention there's people like me who enjoys collecting stuff, whenever a good manga gets to brazil i make an effort to buy the volumes if i can xO, im still salty i missed too many volumes of hxh to ever catch up :/

Yeah I wanted to read MHA in print but there's no comparison between $10 volumes or $2 a month for the entire Shonen Jump catalogue. I'm fine with collecting JoJo in physical since it's a series I really like and it'll take some time for it to be put up on their site if they wait till the translation is complete.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I wanted to read MHA in print but there's no comparison between $10 volumes or $2 a month for the entire Shonen Jump catalogue. I'm fine with collecting JoJo in physical since it's a series I really like and it'll take some time for it to be put up on their site if they wait till the translation is complete.
I'll only start buying jojo once part 5 starts i think, maybe part 4... volumes are 30BRL and despite being hardcover it's a lot of money xO

I've lucked out that my friend works for a publisher and gave me all the volumes of our collector's edition of Yu yu hakusho because she couldn't keep them :3

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll only start buying jojo once part 5 starts i think, maybe part 4... volumes are 30BRL and despite being hardcover it's a lot of money xO

I've lucked out that my friend works for a publisher and gave me all the volumes of our collector's edition of Yu yu hakusho because she couldn't keep them :3

Which ultimately leads to the most important question: What do we do while we wait for Steel Ball Run?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

I saw that yesterday and i really wanted a more polished version of it, it's my favorite fma:b opening just for the hype of it, and the person who did this nailed the foreshadowing, i just wished they found a jojo metaphor to use in the door scenes so they dont get out of place

Wasn't it implied with the Part 5 receal of the meteorite that the alloys and minerals also had a strand of alien life that infected one or two humans, which in turn through some supernatural wifi also infected everyone, like how Holly gained a stand.
I think one of the best things reset did was changing the origin of stands... supernatural places that grant them+Stone people genetics are somehow more believable(and spookier) than arrow virus

ON THE OTHER HAND the arrow virus makes the turtle clone easier to swallow xD

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'll always take supernatural bullshit over science bullshit lol
Jesus' body might just be a stand that gives stands and is working postmortem idk. I remember being pretty bummed at the arrow virus cause punching ghosts are so cool but them being caused by a virus makes them feel mundane and really doesnt explain shit, they're still punching ghosts lol

Thematically speaking, a supernatural entity giving out supernatural powers fits much better, and i say that as a 'the 4400' fan that was all about arrow-test like shit
funny, that series had both, a substance that either gave you powers or killed you, and someone whose power would work as an emitter of said substance D:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
No, he only gets the flashback at his reveal, after green day, unless dp changes it

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
It is very possible they will move scenes around but at the same time next episode we will likely get Arrow Explanation and Ciocoletta's backstory so I am not sure we will get Polnaleff flashback

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Getting closer to the Muda beatdown
Should be at the end of Episode 31. Green Day vs Oasis will likely be split up like this

Episode 29: Destination Rome: Pronto on the Line - Green Day and Oasis Part 1 (Ends with the GD Reveal)
Episode 30: Green Day and Oasis Part 1: Green Day and Oasis Part 1 - Part 5 (Ends with the group splitting up with Giorno/Mista vs Ciocoletta and Bruno vs Secco)
Episode 31: Green Day and Oasis Part 2: Green Day and Oasis Part 5 - 9 (Ends with the 6 Page MUDA and Ciocoletta's death
Episode 32: Green Day and Oasis Part 3: Green Day and Oasis Part 10-14 (Ends with Secco's death and Doppio taking Bruno to Polneraff)

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Getting closer to the Muda beatdown
AAAAAA *u*
Should be at the end of Episode 31. Green Day vs Oasis will likely be split up like this

Episode 29: Destination Rome: Pronto on the Line - Green Day and Oasis Part 1 (Ends with the GD Reveal)
Episode 30: Green Day and Oasis Part 1: Green Day and Oasis Part 1 - Part 5 (Ends with the group splitting up with Giorno/Mista vs Ciocoletta and Bruno vs Secco)
Episode 31: Green Day and Oasis Part 2: Green Day and Oasis Part 5 - 9 (Ends with the 6 Page MUDA and Ciocoletta's death
Episode 32: Green Day and Oasis Part 3: Green Day and Oasis Part 10-14 (Ends with Secco's death and Doppio taking Bruno to Polneraff)
That leaves 8 episodes @-@ you think rolling stones gonna be 2 episodes melded with a proper epilogue then? 7 episodes for the rest feels like a bit much unless i forgot something

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Amazon delivered DIU vol 1 today and it is beautiful. The spine design is a bit overdone with the amount of diamonds on it but I like that the front and back cover have larger illustrations that the previous jojonium releases. The quality is still present and they kept the coloured pages in.

Dinobot

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
This anime is so different and I think that's why I like it. I just finished Arc 3 (Stardust Crusaders). This and Boruto are the only reason I keep crunchyroll. Because the dubs aren't available on FunimationNow.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
AAAAAA *u*

That leaves 8 episodes @-@ you think rolling stones gonna be 2 episodes melded with a proper epilogue then? 7 episodes for the rest feels like a bit much unless i forgot something
I think Sleeping Slaves will be its own episode and then the final episode will mostly be an anime only epilogue