• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
The Nijimura family arc is one of my favourites from part 4, I think it's a pretty good mix of action and feelings, and it made me love okuyasu very quickly. I also think keicho is the best mini antagonist of part 4, better than Akira Otoishi imo.

That preview picture for today is sooo pretty. I love sunsets, and animated sunsets are always amazing to look at. The colours are great. I'm excited for tomorrow's episode, I haven't reread the explanation of the arrows since I first read it so that'll be fun to see again. Plus I want to see anime onlies reactions to cioccolata lol.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aaaaahhh holy shit Rohan at the Louvre was translated in English!

Does it contain all the Rohan side-stories?

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The Nijimura family arc is one of my favourites from part 4, I think it's a pretty good mix of action and feelings, and it made me love okuyasu very quickly. I also think keicho is the best mini antagonist of part 4, better than Akira Otoishi imo.

That preview picture for today is sooo pretty. I love sunsets, and animated sunsets are always amazing to look at. The colours are great. I'm excited for tomorrow's episode, I haven't reread the explanation of the arrows since I first read it so that'll be fun to see again. Plus I want to see anime onlies reactions to cioccolata lol.

Otoishi was such a letdown, i love the band red hot chilly peppers and i got a forgettable antagonist with a coolish stand, he doesn't deserve his spot in jojo fighting games

And yeah that preview image is gorgeous

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Otoishi was such a letdown, i love the band red hot chilly peppers and i got a forgettable antagonist with a coolish stand, he doesn't deserve his spot in jojo fighting games
True. If they went through the trouble of making up a moveset for Shigecchi, they could have invented something for Keichô.
Otoishi was baaaad. He had a somewhat unique mechanic with his electric jauge, but it wasn't really interesting or powerful. Missed opportunity, like the whole lot of the game.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
True. If they went through the trouble of making up a moveset for Shigecchi, they could have invented something for Keichô.
Otoishi was baaaad. He had a somewhat unique mechanic with his electric jauge, but it wasn't really interesting or powerful. Missed opportunity, like the whole lot of the game.
He kinda ruined the pacing for part 4 too, if we kept it focused just on kira i think it would've been more interesting, for how little payoff that dude had, he's almost as bad as some sons of dio lol

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bah, Rohan at the Louvre doesn't have the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe stories in it.

Might pick it up anyway though. Rohan is by far my favourite character in JoJo.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Otoishi was funny when he got angry then fixed his broken finger to play his guitar. I always laugh at that moment. Other than that I don't care for him.

Looking at eyes of heaven roster there's quite a few people I'd switch out to add new characters. Otoishi being one of them. Also I wouldn't have two Diegos, only keep Dino Diego because he's the best.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bah, Rohan at the Louvre doesn't have the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe stories in it.

Noooo i want the rohan stories so bad ;-;
Otoishi was funny when he got angry then fixed his broken finger to play his guitar. I always laugh at that moment. Other than that I don't care for him.

Looking at eyes of heaven roster there's quite a few people I'd switch out to add new characters. Otoishi being one of them. Also I wouldn't have two Diegos, only keep Dino Diego because he's the best.
cur half of the egyptian god stands to give parts 6-8 proper representation, cut the world diego to include hot pants, paisley park could be an interesting stand, we need FF, cut shigechi, maybe add abbacchio, we need soundman

Theres probably more but i'd like these

Oh, 2D/2,5D gameplay, PLEASE

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If I had my way for All Star Battle I'd have swapped out Anasui, Akira and Shigechi for Foo Fighters, Trish and Diego Brando. I have no interest in playing Eyes of Heaven since it looks lame but I can imagine stuff like Trish softening the arena to make enemies bounce around and Diego with his crazy dinosaur shenanigans.

Noooo i want the rohan stories so bad ;-;

IKR. Maybe they'll get collected along with DiU. They were done in an OVA for Part 4 weren't they?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If I had my way for All Star Battle I'd have swapped out Anasui, Akira and Shigechi for Foo Fighters, Trish and Diego Brando. I have no interest in playing Eyes of Heaven since it looks lame but I can imagine stuff like Trish softening the arena to make enemies bounce around and Diego with his crazy dinosaur shenanigans.

IKR. Maybe they'll get collected along with DiU. They were done in an OVA for Part 4 weren't they?
Only one story got an OVA, maybe 2... i think there's 9 on total though...

And EoH gameplay looks as bad as it plays, i'd only buy it for lisa lisa and trish

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only one story got an OVA, maybe 2... i think there's 9 on total though...

And EoH gameplay looks as bad as it plays, i'd only buy it for lisa lisa and trish

Yeah I looked it up and there's two OVAs adapting two episodes of Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe, and Rohan at the Louvre is something completely different. Definitely gonna grab it next time I buy some books online though.

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
The only jojo game I've played is pitter patter pop because it's the exact type of thing I love: cute character collectors. Haven't played eoh or all star but I've watched other people on YouTube haha. I like seeing the various characters interact.

I haven't watched/read the Rohan side stories, I should do that eventually. Rohan is pretty funny and I like him a lot in part 4 so I think I'd be interested in those. Also haven't read purple haze feedback but that's like an actual book, not manga right?

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The only jojo game I've played is pitter patter pop because it's the exact type of thing I love: cute character collectors. Haven't played eoh or all star but I've watched other people on YouTube haha. I like seeing the various characters interact.

I haven't watched/read the Rohan side stories, I should do that eventually. Rohan is pretty funny and I like him a lot in part 4 so I think I'd be interested in those. Also haven't read purple haze feedback but that's like an actual book, not manga right?

Yeah PHF is a light novel.

Speaking of novels, when Jorge Joestar

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

It's worth it. It's fucking gorgeous. I've been meaning to re-read it.

Speaking of, is it just me or is Araki really good at drawing romantic/sexual tension? Early on in Rohan at the Louvre there's a scene that made me think "damn this is kinda hot." I get a similar vibe whenever Josuke and Yasuho are together, when Johnny and Hot Pants had that one scene, and Daiya and Josuke. I think it's the detailed and realistic facial expressions.

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's worth it. It's fucking gorgeous. I've been meaning to re-read it.

Yeah I ended up grabbing it along with two volumes apiece of Ultraman (which rocks) and Vinland Saga (which is one of the best things I've ever read), as well as *gasp* some actual books!

Once I'm done I'm definitely re-reading Steel Ball Run. Need that Lesson 5 goodness in my life again.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Purple haze feedback is a book, 150ish pages and not-really-canon, idk if there's an actual english release or if it was fan translated to english but i think it's a pretty nice book aside from don giorno seeming a liiittle ooc(but since it's fugo's PoV i don't mind him looking more menacing than usual)
It's a fine read with interesting stands but it makes some background for characters that are not canon, like, he actually wrote a family for part 4's Tonio and fugo's background(which was half used in the anime). I don't really enjoy non-canon content but PHF actually made me want some stuff there to be real :/

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Being honest i am not sure if i should say that the Mysterious Guy is voiced by Fuminori Komatsu but then someone is going to look who that is and instantly realise who that is

Mind You the Anime already gives a MASSIVE hint to who it is

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nobody in the other thread noticed that the mold grew on everybody inside the turtle except Bruno. That should become apparent in the next episode though I think.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
You know, for a not insignificant moment during the episode, i thought Narancia was going to die. Despite knowing he doesn't die in this fight.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder what people will find more bullshit in part 6, Going Underground or Sky High.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Y'know, in hindsight bohemian rhapsody isn't that crazy. At least you can follow what it does without breaking your mind over moon logic physics

Oct 25, 2017
Y'know, in hindsight bohemian rhapsody isn't that crazy. At least you can follow what it does without breaking your mind over moon logic physics
It makes sense but the fight in itself is just dumb, it's not even logic breaking I just hate how drawn out it is and it doesn't go anwhere.
Full bullshit Heavy Weather is the greatest

Imagine being able to create events based on fucking legends and rumors, like hypnotic snail rain
Them getting attacked by snail eating bugs is crazy.
I forgot how disgusting Ciocolatto was.

Part in the plane was so well done.
He gets the full on ass kicking he deserves. I still can't believe we are getting an animated Green Day fight.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It makes sense but the fight in itself is just dumb, it's not even logic breaking I just hate how drawn out it is and it doesn't go anwhere.
It didnt really bother me cause i called how that fight would end as soon as it started, but i wished they did more with that shit too xD i loved it at the time but now i look at it and im like "man i was bored to death on summer vacations wasnt i?"

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The fact that polnareff shows up right after jotaro??

Also next week is the 5min MUDA yeah?
The whole sequence was a part 3 only nod, didn't even put a josuke sillhouette

Also, probably not 7 page muda, i think it'll stop at the part they split up at the helicopter bit...Green day+Oasis is a looong fight D: , they need to see the town being wrecked, gtfo town, bruno tell giorno he's dead, corpses falling, then helicopter, then Giorno getting into mista's pants party splitting up and the whole heli fight before the muda...
we stopped at half of part 1, split happens at part 5, muda is part 9 and bruno's bit ends at part 14, i can see this fight taking 3 episodes or at least 2,5 more

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The whole sequence was a part 3 only nod, didn't even put a josuke sillhouette

Also, probably not 7 page muda, i think it'll stop at the part they split up at the helicopter bit...Green day+Oasis is a looong fight D: , they need to see the town being wrecked, gtfo town, bruno tell giorno he's dead, corpses falling, then helicopter, then Giorno getting into mista's pants party splitting up and the whole heli fight before the muda...
we stopped at half of part 1, split happens at part 5, muda is part 9 and bruno's bit ends at part 14, i can see this fight taking 3 episodes or at least 2,5 more
damn dude. I don't remember it being that long before oasis took over

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
damn dude. I don't remember it being that long before oasis took over
14 chapters and i want them well paced o_x,white album only had 7 chapters and it still took 1,5 chapters so i'm expecting this fight to get the train to firenze treatment in terms of screen time(12 chapters = 3 episodes), and the 7 page muda will most likely be at the end of an episode or before a commercial break so I expect 1 more episode before finishing ciocolatta D:

Secco's fight is smaller and more straightforward so it can fit half an episode then cut to bruno and doppio having some quality time o-x

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
14 chapters and i want them well paced o_x,white album only had 7 chapters and it still took 1,5 chapters so i'm expecting this fight to get the train to firenze treatment in terms of screen time(12 chapters = 3 episodes), and the 7 page muda will most likely be at the end of an episode or before a commercial break so I expect 1 more episode before finishing ciocolatta D:

Secco's fight is smaller and more straightforward so it can fit half an episode then e cut to bruno and doppio having some quality time o-x
damn I'm so ready, I forget this fight completely until the bug maneuver

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
damn I'm so ready, I forget this fight completely until the bug maneuver
I've reread it so many times LOL it's my favorite from the part because of how it's split up, also polnaleff reveal happens sometime after 7 page muda too @_@, this fight is pretty well mixed with the events that come out later so it's all sorta seamless, sometimes i end up forgetting how long is chariot requiem cause my mind mixes up Green day and Oasis with the finale for how much things keep scaling from there

Giorno really didn't have to put his hand on Mista pants
LOL, Araki just had to draw that, for reasons

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
Finally after years I've given in to JoJo and started watching the anime on Netflix. I look forward to shitposting like a gentleman.

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Finally after years I've given in to JoJo and started watching the anime on Netflix. I look forward to shitposting like a gentleman.
You only get Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency on Netflix.

The BR sets for Stardust Crusaders dropped earlier this year, and Diamond is Unbreakable set one hits in July. The only place to stream parts 3 and 4 are on the adult swim site with a cable sub.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
You right - I should've specified that the above methods are the only ways to watch the dub. I don't believe that CR has the dub for part 3 yet.
Yeah, wording made it sound like they were Adult Swim exclusive(which would suck for non US citizens)
I'm still salty I can't watch the part 3 dub -3-, Mercer must make the part so much better

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
JoJo is so uniquely Japanese that I kind of can't watch it dubbed. The weird ass dialogue and sheer camp works better with the separation of a language barrier.

The dub is aces, though, especially Battle Tendency casting Numbah One as Joseph.

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Yeah, wording made it sound like they were Adult Swim exclusive(which would suck for non US citizens)
I'm still salty I can't watch the part 3 dub -3-, Mercer must make the part so much better
Those blu-ray sets ain't cheap. It's like $130 to buy all of part 3. iTunes doesn't even have 1-24 in English, only 24-48. I'm glad JoJo's is picking up steam stateside to hopefully make it a little more accessible.

refusi0n1

Oct 27, 2017
You only get Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency on Netflix.

The BR sets for Stardust Crusaders dropped earlier this year, and Diamond is Unbreakable set one hits in July. The only place to stream parts 3 and 4 are on the adult swim site with a cable sub.
and crunchyroll

Welcome! If you manage to get to part 5 in less than 10 weeks, make sure to drop by the anime thread xD

Awesome thanks for the info

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's been awhile since I heard Pilnareff...but does no one in the anime thread realize it's him?