• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's been awhile since I heard Pilnareff...but does no one in the anime thread realize it's him?
I don't think anyone expects him coming back right now... I had a major mindfuck when i read that bit at least and part 3 came out some good time ago(then again, they didn't even try to hide Polnaleff's voice...

Y'know, rereading the last fight, araki sorta got to draw a "traitor" amongst the group, Diavolo still running on Mista's body xD
Goddamn the blood drops scene is still tense D:

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Awesome thanks for the info
Stardust Crusaders is shown uncensored only on ViZ's website (free, but only accessible in the US I think) and Hulu, to my knowledge. CrunchyRoll still only has the old TV-version of the footage. As for Diamond is Unbreakable, looks like the only option to view that uncensored/redrawn is either on Adult Swim's website or just the Blu-rays

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well I've come to the conclusion that I hate money, so I'm going to spend roughly $200 to get the Stardust Crusaders JoJoniums on my bookshelf.

Baha

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Well I've come to the conclusion that I hate money, so I'm going to spend roughly $200 to get the Stardust Crusaders JoJoniums on my bookshelf.

Well for what it's worth you're buying what is likely the best version we could have received in the West (hardcover, great paper quality, colour pages, great translation).

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My Rohan at the Louvre hardcover showed up and unf, it is a thing of beauty. I was worried it looked too thin but it was only $20 for full colour JoJo.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

That reminds me that I still need to buy the last 4 volumes. I bought them as they were releasing so I never felt too guilty about what I was spending.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That reminds me that I still need to buy the last 4 volumes. I bought them as they were releasing so I never felt too guilty about what I was spending.

My actual first exposure to JoJo was the very first Phantom Blood hardcover back in what, 2014? I hated it so much. I'm a manga snob but even then I think the first two Parts are rough enough that watching the anime (and dubbed for Battle Tendency especially) is the way to go.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Next Episode is going to be interesting considering it confirms Bruno's state and we can properly explain what has happened to him in the anime only

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
you insane if you think part 3 was pre fabulous.

Even part 2 was fabulous.

Stardust Crusaders doesn't have anything on the level of Joseph and Caesar's ridiculously sexual posing and the Aztec Gods of Fitness. The most you get is Dio groping Jonathan's body in the dark.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
isi5i34fzyx21.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/wholesomej..._reunion/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app

This thing is killing me LMAO

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
That's some bad italian.

Also Isn't Jolyne from South Florida?

Southern Floridians do not have southern accents.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That's some bad italian.

Also Isn't Jolyne from South Florida?

Southern Floridians do not have southern accents.
Dude google translated the lines but the intentions were good lol
idk bout florida o-x but you've got 2 british, 2 japanese and a british/japanese italian citizen there so everyone gonna have some sort of accent

It's kinda funny thinking giorno can't speak english after reading jojo all through english scans, he seems like someone who'd take that class seriously but he also skipped school a lot D:

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dude google translated the lines but the intentions were good lol
idk bout florida o-x but you've got 2 british, 2 japanese and a british/japanese italian citizen there so everyone gonna have some sort of accent

It's kinda funny thinking giorno can't speak english after reading jojo all through english scans, he seems like someone who'd take that class seriously but he also skipped school a lot D:
Joseph is pretty much American to be fair. He's only british because of his ancestry but I'm guessing he grew up in the US.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cause araki can't make our life easier
I mean, I'm pretty sure he was born in the US. I think his father was as well so yeah. But I've always enjoyed that we have Jojos from a good amount of different countries. I wish Araki had kept the international aspect of the series instead of just settling down in the US and Japan.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, I'm pretty sure he was born in the US. I think his father was as well so yeah. But I've always enjoyed that we have Jojos from a good amount of different countries. I wish Araki had kept the international aspect of the series instead of just settling down in the US and Japan.
Yeah, seems like at the time he published phantom blood japan had a huge bias against non japanese protagonists and he decided to just... ignore that
I love araki

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
When the heck is ASB going to get ported to modern consoles so I can play it online.

I don't want to spend $50 on a PS3 game.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck asb, make a fighterz for jojo, i'll never let that go u_ú

I've read that ASW doesn't want to make one since All Star Battle fits the fighting game niche, and it sold really well.

Plus I'm total shit at fighting games so I'm fine with ASB being super basic and pick up n' play.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I've read that ASW doesn't want to make one since All Star Battle fits the fighting game niche, and it sold really well.

Plus I'm total shit at fighting games so I'm fine with ASB being super basic and pick up n' play.
I still need lisa lisa, trish, ff,yasuho, hot pants and sandman in my game.
And maybe abbachio

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I stull need lisa lisa, trish, ff,yasuho, hot pants and soundman in my game.

I'd be satisfied with just a port job with all the DLC, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want some of the Eyes of Heaven cast like Trish, Weather Report, and Diego.

Minus Joshu, obviously.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
it's cool how they reframed diavolo "giving" bruno the ability to see his future self, it fixed a bit of the misunderstanding around it

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Playing All Star Battle a couple of days ago reminded me how fucking hard Namco dropped the ball with Eyes of Heaven.

That game had everything going for it except the gameplay (which they probably could've nailed in a sequel)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I gotta say, as much as i prefer EoH cast im itching to buy ASB the moment a sale drops

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Playing All Star Battle a couple of days ago reminded me how fucking hard Namco dropped the ball with Eyes of Heaven.

That game had everything going for it except the gameplay (which they probably could've nailed in a sequel)

I wish Eyes of Heaven was just a sequel or updated version of All Star Battle with the new characters. ASB's manga faithful art is so much better than EoH.

I gotta say, as much as i prefer EoH cast im itching to buy ASB the moment a sale drops

I know for a fact as soon as I cave that the game will get announced for current gen with all the DLC and a 60fps framerate.

There's actually a guy on youtube still doing daily uploads of ASB.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Eyes of Heaven was a gigantic tangle of missed opportunities. All those characters, yet the character interactions were overwhelmingly meh.