• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
It's 2019 and people still saying stuff like "Oda doesn't know how to draw" smh

DgTAteyUEAAzsOk.jpg

latest

0n6ksxkup4b01.png

page-01-02.jpg

latest

Oct 25, 2017
The 'best piece of fiction/literature' hyperbole is indeed nonsense. Even saying best manga ever is questionable, but that's inevitable with most fanbases.

I read 800+ chapters last year, and what I can say is that the first half is undoubtedly the best of shonen.

I'd eventually check out the first 100 chapters, and if you're not feeling those, you can bail tbh. But they're a good hook.
I do not have One Piece time. If I like it I'll make time for it, but I don't even know if I want to make time for one volume. With certain things I tend to start at the anime and see if I like that enough to get into the manga. I heard enough things about the anime pacing so opt not to bother. This is definitely I'll do it when I feel like it thing with One Piece. I don't like shonen that much to really get into too many of them despite being very prevalent in here and the HxH threads.
It's 2019 and people still saying stuff like "Oda doesn't know how to draw" smh

DgTAteyUEAAzsOk.jpg

latest

0n6ksxkup4b01.png

page-01-02.jpg

latest
Just because he can draw doesn't mean he can draw characters in a style that I like. I got very used to Togashi's over time and like that, but I find Oda's designs way too over stylized. I really think it's just a me thing. Like early Attack on Titan is pretty rough, while later Attack on Titan is very good actually. I really think the Oda complaint is a me thing and I'd really have to find the time to get used to reading something that busy visually. I think guy in the suit and Ace are the ones I don't mind...Zorro's kind of ok, I'm not too wowed by Luffy personally and I don't like how Oda draws women. None of them are shaped in anything resembling a realistic fashion. Robin for example is a design and look that looks very good in cosplay for example, but I just don't like her in Oda's art style. That's pretty much the best way I can describe it.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
This is a god damn jojo theead, what is with all this damnable one piece?
We needed to lighten up the mood and JoJolion is still 20 days away

20 freakin long days away
Honestly up to the rescue sasuke arc I think it's alright, after that it's just better to read a summary and go on youtube to watch any fights you think might be interesting.

Never read or watched Shaman King but I heard good things about it.

One Piece is pretty good for the feeling of ADVENTURE and that Oda is actually able to form a coherent plot and build a really intriguing world. It has its problems though, especially with the designs for women since it's so shonen focused, but overall it's a pretty good manga. It's really long so it's completely understandable if somebody finds that too much to try and pick up. Also because it only starts getting really good a ways into the story, probably once they cross over into the grandline I'd say though there are some pretty good arcs before that moment.
Shaman king had the coolest, smoothest looking antagonist and a very fun battle system, Magi works in a sorta similar way in that regard so i thought i should try reading it... the problem with SK is that it was canceled and the anime had to go for an alternative ending... I don't remember if it died cause of bad sales, because, honestly, it had finished without an ending but SJ allowed it to come back only to be finished lol

I still know the openings because, damn, the brazilian version for tjose was good. Our dub even made the insert songs...

Gonna weight the op opinions them decide whether I should try it, that 100 chapter tip helps a lot tbh
i didn't know that was a ripoff too, dang :(

I know im guilty of this but it's sad that people remember shiza so much when Will was such a fun zeppeli... that's what you get when your death is just made for the plot i guess...

The tweet your post included didnt have the best girl. JUSTICE FOR FF

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Shaman king had the coolest, smoothest looking antagonist and a very fun battle system, Magi works in a sorta similar way in that regard so i thought i should try reading it... the problem with SK is that it was canceled and the anime had to go for an alternative ending... I don't remember if it died cause of bad sales, because, honestly, it had finished without an ending but SJ allowed it to come back only to be finished lol

I still know the openings because, damn, the brazilian version for tjose was good. Our dub even made the insert songs...

Gonna weight the op opinions them decide whether I should try it, that 100 chapter tip helps a lot tbh
I hear that the brazilian dub for a lot of stuff is really good, I grew up with english dubs for a lot of stuff since I was in the US at the time so I can never really relate to it, but it's a bit of national pride when I see the brazilian dubbing scene praised. Especially since there seems to be so little to be proud of Brasil at the moment.

About One Piece, yeah I suppose that the first 100 chapters are basically used to get the crew together, not all of them mind you, explain the stakes and set up the world. I think it's a really good manga, not the best of all time, but it has a lot more thought and care put into it than most other shonen I'd say.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to think of which Jojo parts I would've had trouble sticking with if I read them weekly (or monthly). Would've suffered through Part 2 and Part 4 (sorry!) and 6 would have had a real rough stretch.

Just amazed at how much I'm having fun following Jojolion.

I have never seen a series nose dive as hard as Shaman King

Gantz. Jesus Christ. Gantz falls off so hard it exceeds gravity

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Gantz wasn't particular great to begin with.

I mean it wasn't the trash fire it became, but I mean, Shaman King was fantastic until like it's last 1/5~6th then woo boy does it drop off a cliff.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I hear that the brazilian dub for a lot of stuff is really good, I grew up with english dubs for a lot of stuff since I was in the US at the time so I can never really relate to it, but it's a bit of national pride when I see the brazilian dubbing scene praised. Especially since there seems to be so little to be proud of Brasil at the moment.

About One Piece, yeah I suppose that the first 100 chapters are basically used to get the crew together, not all of them mind you, explain the stakes and set up the world. I think it's a really good manga, not the best of all time, but it has a lot more thought and care put into it than most other shonen I'd say.
Is your family from around here? Man i miss the dubs so much, last one we got was opm and the localization was hilarious, but outside of netflix series and dragon ball our dub scene is dead...Inu yasha, Shaman King, YYH, all of those got dubbed op/eds, even hxh for open tv got it, i freaking love them... only op they didnt do was digimon adventure because people opted for the 4kids one, smh...

FMA:B dub was suberb and they did the injustice of airing it only once in a 3am slot...

I have never seen a series nose dive as hard as Shaman King
Noooooo
I liked the concept so much, it's magi all over again ;-;

Just amazed at how much I'm having fun following Jojolion.
I call JoJolion the "rebound" part, had friends quitting on part 6 and 7 but every freaking one of them ADORES JoJolion, there's no bigger joy in weebdon than seeing someone read that thing blind

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is your family from around here? Man i miss the dubs so much, last one we got was opm and the localization was hilarious, but outside of netflix series and dragon ball our dub scene is dead...Inu yasha, Shaman King, YYH, all of those got dubbed op/eds, even hxh for open tv got it, i freaking love them... only op they didnt do was digimon adventure because people opted for the 4kids one, smh...

FMA:B dub was suberb and they did the injustice of airing it only once in a 3am slot...
Yeah born and mostly raised here.

I guess in the age of the internet they're choosing to dub less and less unless it's DBZ or Saint Seiya.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
MHA is like a much better-executed Naruto, and I'm so grateful for that...but, there are still a good few other series I prefer over it (still just halfway through season 3 tho)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Black Lagoon is better than MHA though.
Tiger and bunny is MHA but great. It's like OPM and MHA had a baby and it's sponsored by Pepsi, it's insane how fun it is and Tiger is such a nice tutor, and father. Only bad thig about it is the cgi, but mostly because the 2d art is so good @-@
Man I love Tiger And Bunny. Really wish they had done a second season of that.
oh no tell me its not open ended, i'd die

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tiger and bunny is MHA but great. It's like OPM and MHA had a baby and it's sponsored by Pepsi, it's insane how fun it is and Tiger is such a nice tutor, and father. Only bad thig about it is the cgi, but mostly because the 2d art is so good @-@

oh no tell me its not open ended, i'd die

Yes! Kotetsu is amazing.

I'm not gonna give you spoilers.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Everybody else: Bruno is so awesome, he's totally the main protagonist!

Me: Bruno only has the train fight going for him

Everybody: Pfft, man you bugging

Me:

Everybody

Me:

Everybody:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Everybody else: Bruno is so awesome, he's totally the main protagonist!

Me: Bruno only has the train fight going for him

Everybody: Pfft, man you bugging

Me:

Everybody

Me:

Everybody:
Screen_Shot_2018-10-25_at_11.02.15_AM.png
Haha, he also has a more personal quest against diavolo, i think that's why people think he is the main character despite him not succeeding much

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favourite thing was last episode.
Bruno, like a boss: Giorno, Mista, go get the man in the helicopter! I'll take care of the man underground!
Everyone: aaaah, Buccalati, so cool, so great.
[Ciocolatta dies, cool fight, back to Bruno. Sticky fingers exchanges a few punches with Oasis]
Bruno: Shit, that guy is stronger than me! Time to retreat!

I guess it's a zen koan. If you act cool when your friends are around, but you run away from the enemy when you're alone, do you stop being cool?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I can't really make jokes about bruno knowing that next episode gonna be painful to watch :(

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I understand the dislike the recent episode is getting since it's the weakest of the fight episodes we have gotten in a while..but still ;(

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
LOL A TRIPLE

Y'know it pains me to say it but... I really didn't like this episode. That's the first time i dont feel like rewatching an episode from this part :/ idk, this whole fight was my favorite from the manga because it had that split but now it feels like 2/3 of it were good and the last kept dragging for too long :/

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Why? It will probably just be
Diavolo/Polnaref, Popol dies, Bucca almost dies, and then Requiem/Bucca lives?
The following week is going to be bad.
Bruno barely functioning while talking to not-trish was the most crushing bit about his arc to me, made his death feel like a relief :/
I told y'all that people don't remember the Oasis half of Greenday and Oasis for a reason.
I didn't think it was that bad till watching it

Though i did think they'd get to bruno going up the stair in this episode so i was expecting it to be much shorter D:

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
My favourite thing was last episode.
Bruno, like a boss: Giorno, Mista, go get the man in the helicopter! I'll take care of the man underground!
Everyone: aaaah, Buccalati, so cool, so great.
[Ciocolatta dies, cool fight, back to Bruno. Sticky fingers exchanges a few punches with Oasis]
Bruno: Shit, that guy is stronger than me! Time to retreat!

I guess it's a zen koan. If you act cool when your friends are around, but you run away from the enemy when you're alone, do you stop being cool?
Wherever he was at that moment, Joseph smiled lol

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That was a Stardust Crusaders paced episode, I know why they did it, but man it dragged. The Doppio reveal was hype though.

I felt so damn bad for Secco when he found Ciocolatta's body though

Last edited:

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So Stands can't be seen by normal people.

You ever realize that Narancia vs. Squalo and Tiziano ended with what looked like a bleeding teenager T-posing over two dead guys.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so ready for people to shit on the boss' reveal next week. Well, less his reveal and his proper design lol

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
LOL A TRIPLE

Y'know it pains me to say it but... I really didn't like this episode. That's the first time i dont feel like rewatching an episode from this part :/ idk, this whole fight was my favorite from the manga because it had that split but now it feels like 2/3 of it were good and the last kept dragging for too long :/
All dat animation tho

Was a bit surprised to see Ponolith not be as scrawny as I'd thought he'd be