• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I want an episode from Coco Jumbo's perspective in which we learn he finds the gang insufferable and means to usurp rulership of Passione.

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I always wondered if Araki ever considered giving Coco a personality like Iggy or Pet Shop. It would have been something to hear him worry about the gang getting him killed lol

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I always wondered if Araki ever considered giving Coco a personality like Iggy or Pet Shop. It would have been something to hear him worry about the gang getting him killed lol
Considering he was killed off that easily, not having a personality was for the best... would have been funny if we got a rando being a total badass during chariot requiem though lol

Edit:
Wait, polnaleff is the turtle or the key?

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Been rewatching it with my gf (who hasn't seen any of it) and we're at the start of Part 3 atm and on the one hand yeah it's fun and I enjoy the variety in locations but gosh at the same time I just can't wait for us to get to Part 4 because I like it a whole lot more. That said, I'm enjoying rewatching Stardust Crusaders more than I thought I would. And also, it reminded me of just how good the Stardust Crusaders beatdown theme is because dang that's a banger

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
GOD we just watched the Dark Blue Moon fight and it's so stupid... Star Finger just comes out of nowhere??? And is super dumb??? I'm looking forward to fights like the D'Arbys or Hol Horse bc he's great or the Oingo Boingo brothers but man some of these are super meh.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
GOD we just watched the Dark Blue Moon fight and it's so stupid... Star Finger just comes out of nowhere??? And is super dumb??? I'm looking forward to fights like the D'Arbys or Hol Horse bc he's great or the Oingo Boingo brothers but man some of these are super meh.
I like the sun, i like the car, i like the d'arbys, and from petshop till the end of the part... the rest i just forgot for good reasons

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Stardust Crusaders I picked up some more today.

The Death 13 arc is so good.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stardust Crusaders gets so much better once the gang reaches Egypt.

N'Doul, Oingo & Boingo, and Anubis are rad.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Stardust Crusaders gets so much better once the gang reaches Egypt.

N'Doul, Oingo & Boingo, and Anubis are rad.
Oh man, forgot about Anubis. That was fun, too, from what I remember.
Araki definitely learned the ropes of good Stand fights during the first half of Part 3 which leads to some eh ones but overall thanks to these we got some of the cooler fights later on so I can't really complain. Stardust Crusaders is still always a decent Shounen at its worst and I can't wait for it to get really good.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I remembered that Coco Jumbo wasn't even named during Golden Wind's initial run. That wasn't until JoJo A-GO! GO! (start of Stone Ocean's run) where he was finally given his name

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I was thinking about all of the final stand battles. Looking at the final villains time related powers, only two of the protags don't get something to magically counter it; Josuke and Jolyne.

Kira's Bites the Dust ability is pretty broken, it having such a limited use to it is what makes the last battle with him more interesting since a lot of the time in that last bit was Hayato trying to figure out how to force him to undo it. He couldn't just use it all the time like how Diavolo does skipping around shit. Feels like this is a testament to how good part 4 is that it ends without Josuke getting an upgrade but using what he's learned from other battles and the help of others to beat Kira.

On the other hand we have Pucci who loses because Jolyne gave Emporio a moment to get away and Pucci apparently felt insecure enough that he had to go off and kill Emporio while he was still a kid before he somehow became an actual threat to him. Which to be honest I don't see how that would happen given how broken Made in Heaven is.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bites the dust and MiH were the "weakest" time abilities tbh... it's pretty hard to counter time erasure or time stop, but when you go against very convoluted groundhog day or time acceleration you got some leeway to work with because none of these abilities prevent you from fighting the villain by definition.

Then again, Jolyne had a severely worse stand than any jojo and she used it masterfully, even though she never finished Pucci I love how Araki wrote her fights and even made her stand bullshit moment somewhat believable(imo).

Not saying any of this makes part 4 worse though, the final battle is awesome, but kira fucked himself up by wanting to bite more than he could chew xD he wanted everyone out and not just Rohan and then finish up the rest, and that gave the Duwang gang plenty of time to work with. But idk how Josuke or Jolyne would handle King Crimson or The world...

Honestly that's why my favorite enemy stand is D4C. It's both Broken and Beatable at the same time and if it wasn't for Love Train i think it could be beaten without an upgrade >_>

Ebrietas-

Mar 2, 2019
I think Made in Heaven is more broken than other time based stands

Love Train Valentine is straight up unbeatable though unless you master the infinite spin.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Made in heaven is more counterable though, you can still move while it's running and can still attack Pucci, it's just very hard. You can't do shit against KC and I'm not sure how to handle Za Waarudo, but I know you can still kill Pucci with the right stands xO Or at least it seems more beatable to me idk :/

And yeah D4C was enough, Love train is just stupid xP

Right now there's another mangaka that can write more ellaborated fighting balancing than araki making his take on King crimson, and I really look forward to how it'll be beaten
if only Hunter x hunter would get out of hiatus...

Oct 25, 2017
Made in heaven is more counterable though, you can still move while it's running and can still attack Pucci, it's just very hard. You can't do shit against KC and I'm not sure how to handle Za Waarudo, but I know you can still kill Pucci with the right stands xO Or at least it seems more beatable to me idk :/

And yeah D4C was enough, Love train is just stupid xP

Right now there's another mangaka that can write more ellaborated fighting balancing than araki making his take on King crimson, and I really look forward to how it'll be beaten
if only Hunter x hunter would get out of hiatus...
Kurapika gains Emperor Time Requiem

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To me, the "real" final battle of part 4 is Hayato vs Bite the Dust. A normal boy without any special power fighting a super-powered serial killer and somehow... winning? is one of the best volume of manga I've ever read. The following Jôsuke vs Kira fight is a "normal" boss battle, it pales compared to the roller-coaster of hope and dread of the Hayato battle.
One of the reasons I'm not a huge Jôsuke fan is not because he didn't deliver the final blow to the boss: he wasn't there during the "real" battle. He was just a tool Hayato used to survive.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bites the dust and MiH were the "weakest" time abilities tbh... it's pretty hard to counter time erasure or time stop, but when you go against very convoluted groundhog day or time acceleration you got some leeway to work with because none of these abilities prevent you from fighting the villain by definition.

Then again, Jolyne had a severely worse stand than any jojo and she used it masterfully, even though she never finished Pucci I love how Araki wrote her fights and even made her stand bullshit moment somewhat believable(imo).

Not saying any of this makes part 4 worse though, the final battle is awesome, but kira fucked himself up by wanting to bite more than he could chew xD he wanted everyone out and not just Rohan and then finish up the rest, and that gave the Duwang gang plenty of time to work with. But idk how Josuke or Jolyne would handle King Crimson or The world...

Honestly that's why my favorite enemy stand is D4C. It's both Broken and Beatable at the same time and if it wasn't for Love Train i think it could be beaten without an upgrade >_>

Bites the Dust could have easily been KC but backwards, so basically Ringo's power, but that would also make it pretty overpowered.

What I meant is that things like The World and KC are so broken the two protags that had to deal with them got a bullshit last minute upgrade to hard counter them. Because honestly there is pretty much nothing that can be done against abilities like that unless you have the same one or whatever. Bites the Dust is more interesting in how it has it's own limitations so that it isn't ridiculously powerful, even though it's still pretty pwoerful. KC not having Epitaph would already be a really good way to limit the time skip and make it more risky.

Made in Heaven is pretty broken as well and unless you had something that either forces him to slow down or makes him unable to touch you, there's no beating it really. I still think Emporio's win was dubious.

D4C is beatable thanks to it's activation requirement but Love Train D4C really can only be taken out through infinite spin. Only reason I didn't call that a bullshit powerup was because at least Gyro mentioned before that there were several stages to mastering spin, and infinite rotation was the final one. So it felt more earned than deus ex machina arrow and lol I can stop time too!

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
I had a dream the other night where I was watching the finale to the Stone Ocean anime and there was some weird orchestral version of Burnin Down the House playing in the background of the Emporio v Pucci scene. I was like "Excellent, DavidPro. Now where was the rest of the season, you bastards? Why would you only make the last episode!?"

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bites the Dust could have easily been KC but backwards, so basically Ringo's power, but that would also make it pretty overpowered.

What I meant is that things like The World and KC are so broken the two protags that had to deal with them got a bullshit last minute upgrade to hard counter them. Because honestly there is pretty much nothing that can be done against abilities like that unless you have the same one or whatever. Bites the Dust is more interesting in how it has it's own limitations so that it isn't ridiculously powerful, even though it's still pretty pwoerful. KC not having Epitaph would already be a really good way to limit the time skip and make it more risky.

Made in Heaven is pretty broken as well and unless you had something that either forces him to slow down or makes him unable to touch you, there's no beating it really. I still think Emporio's win was dubious.

D4C is beatable thanks to it's activation requirement but Love Train D4C really can only be taken out through infinite spin. Only reason I didn't call that a bullshit powerup was because at least Gyro mentioned before that there were several stages to mastering spin, and infinite rotation was the final one. So it felt more earned than deus ex machina arrow and lol I can stop time too!
I mean, hero x villain match ups is a defining part of writing quality, I just think it's unfair to compare part quality solely on that xD

Maybe that's how araki balances writing quality between parts *shrug*

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, hero x villain match ups is a defining part of writing quality, I just think it's unfair to compare part quality solely on that xD

Maybe that's how araki balances writing quality between parts *shrug*
I mean, part quality doesn't just come down to the final battle obviously. I'll always love jojo and I had fun with every part of it, even the ones I don't enjoy as much or "rank lower" in terms of jojo to me are still much better than most other popular manga out there.

I just find the parts that I tend to gravitate more to are the ones that seem to have a conclusion that, to me, felt more earned. The exception being part 2, but that's only because Joseph probably had a mix of The World Over Heaven and Hey Ya! passive ability and just didn't know it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, part quality doesn't just come down to the final battle obviously. I'll always love jojo and I had fun with every part of it, even the ones I don't enjoy as much or "rank lower" in terms of jojo to me are still much better than most other popular manga out there.

I just find the parts that I tend to gravitate more to are the ones that seem to have a conclusion that, to me, felt more earned. The exception being part 2, but that's only because Joseph probably had a mix of The World Over Heaven and Hey Ya! passive ability and just didn't know it.
Yeah. It's a PoV thing and I'd guess also a bit related to how people currently see things... If I read part 5 8 years ago I'd have totally hated the deus ex-machina ending, but to me right now it really felt fitting for the sacrifice it envolved, who knows if I'll still love it the same way in 20 years xD? I feel like I developed a soft spot for miracle endings like that, and the journey was good

Now that I chilled about part 5 a little bit I'm kinda seeing parts 4-6 like psx era final fantasies: all of them are awfully charming and are equally good in regards to entertainment, with one of them receiving an awful lot of undeserved hate.

Part 2 ending was stupid and Joseph shouldn't have won that, but I also love it LOL

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. It's a PoV thing and I'd guess also a bit related to how people currently see things... If I read part 5 8 years ago I'd have totally hated the deus ex-machina ending, but to me right now it really felt fitting for the sacrifice it envolved, who knows if I'll still love it the same way in 20 years xD? I feel like I developed a soft spot for miracle endings like that, and the journey was good

Now that I chilled about part 5 a little bit I'm kinda seeing parts 4-6 like psx era final fantasies: all of them are awfully charming and are equally good in regards to entertainment, with one of them receiving an awful lot of undeserved hate.

Part 2 ending was stupid and Joseph shouldn't have won that, but I also love it LOL

I mean I only like FFIX so I'm not sure I can relate given that I enjoy all three jojo parts you mentioned, but I feel like each excels in different areas with 4 being the most complete package of the three.

He should have not and yet he did and it was hilarious how he did it. The madman summoned a volcanic eruption. It was glorious.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I only like FFIX so I'm not sure I can relate given that I enjoy all three jojo parts you mentioned, but I feel like each excels in different areas with 4 being the most complete package of the three.

He should have not and yet he did and it was hilarious how he did it. The madman summoned a volcanic eruption. It was glorious.
I like all psx FFs, yes even 8 lmao

Translatint it to jojo parts i mean they are all good in different aspects that attract different kinds of publics and it's not bad liking one or another better as long as you know all have strenghts and flaws based on what they aimed for(with part 6 suffering from ff8's problem of breaking too many logical rules to different degrees of success, and being more hated than they deserve)

Joseph is lucky, but also an asshole to a degree that makes calling him a gary stu is unnacceptable lol.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Joseph is just some contradictory character but hugely entertaining to watch.
I still remember the first time I watched him, dude is so damn weird after good guy Jonathan, it's like araki took everything that made Jonathan a good boi and did the opposite while putting an asterisk on the side saying

" * remember he's still the hero, btw"

I wished we got to see more JoJos growing up like we saw him and Jotaro, smh i needed mob boss Giorno and grown up Josuke in part 6 xO

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Give me the Part 4 spinoff where Josuke, Okuyasu, and Koichi get part time jobs at the Italian restaurant and wacky bullshit ensues.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Have to ask what my bf feels about Part 5 overall when it's finished (we don't talk about anime or manga much). Likely could be his favorite since he's referenced it the most with Part 2. He's enjoyed this series for well over a decade by this point

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I do agree that I'm disappointed we never saw more of Josuke and Shizuka as well as little Jolyne in Morioh.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine the absurd jojo shit somebody who can make themselves and other things invisible could do. It's ridiculous.

"where did that rocket come from?"
"What do you mean you didn't lose your legs in that fight?!"

There's endless potential.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Not only that, last girl JoJo simply wiped the floor with all other JoJos, imagine one that has Lisa Lisa's glasses :p