• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's not about not liking part 3, that doesn't matter, it's about saying Iggy is not memorable when he has fights like Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice. Two of the best fights in the part.
Vanilla ice wasn't a solo fight though, and for how much he participated on vanilla i wouldn't call it a "Iggy fight", if your bar for "memorable character" equals to being beaten down for half a minute in the most cruel way possible, then sure he's memorable... All i remember from Iggy is him farting on Polnaleffs face, being an angry mean doggo and the pet shop fight where he finally started becoming less of a jerk only to be offed without mercy some episodes later.

Idk by that point that did nothing for me, but i was already tired about part 3 as a while, that's why i brought it up x-x

We've given our takes and prepared slimy for the worst, how bad he'll feel for it relies on what he thinks of the dog *shrug*

Oct 25, 2017
I never argued that, I was just pointing out the flaw in Mariip's argument about fights.
It's very hard to say that Bruno's appeal is similar to Iggy's appeal though. They're introduced in two very different ways. Bruno is at first a bit of a sadistic antagonist to Giorno with charisma, while Iggy's more of a chaotic irritance that doesn't really get fleshed out till he's about to die. You get more time to like Bruno as he shifts and you see how maternal and protective he is of his crew. Iggy's kind of Iggy, but at the very least I've softened towards him over the years. Bruno's a husbando, Iggy's not even top doggo, but at the very least you come to realize that he's an asshole dog that didn't want anybody to die.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Vanilla ice wasn't a solo fight though, and for how much he participated on vanilla i wouldn't call it a "Iggy fight", if your bar for "memorable character" equals to being beaten down for half a minute in the most cruel way possible, then sure he's memorable... All i remember from Iggy is him farting on Polnaleffs face, being an angry mean doggo and the pet shop fight where he finally started becoming less of a jerk only to be offed without mercy some episodes later.

Idk by that point that did nothing for me, but i was already tired about part 3 as a while, that's why i brought it up x-x

We've given our takes and prepared slimy for the worst, how bad he'll feel for it relies on what he thinks of the dog *shrug*
I never said it had to be a solo fight but he participated in it and Polnareff would not have won without Iggy. His contribution to it was very significant and the fact that he was killed during it and how he died also make his character memorable since he dies heroically. I'm no fan of part 3 as I said before but a great fight is still a great fight and it helped elevate the character. Don't see how that makes him forgettable in any way. I can see not being a fan of him though.

Oct 25, 2017
I never said it had to be a solo fight but he participated in it and Polnareff would not have won without Iggy. His contribution to it was very significant and the fact that he was killed during it and how he died also make his character memorable since he dies heroically. I'm no fan of part 3 as I said before but a great fight is still a great fight and it helped elevate the character. Don't see how that makes him forgettable in any way. I can see not being a fan of him though.
The Vanilla Ice fight is indeed a good fight. "Option 3: Life's a bitch."

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah but having one memorable moment doesn't really make you a memorable character, just scroll back to old part 3 conversarions and see how many time Iggy is brought up, compared to Avdol, Joseph, Jotaro, etc, when your name is brought up less than kakyoin you're not exactly that memorable... :/

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Vanilla Ice fight is indeed a good fight. "Option 3: Life's a bitch."
It's pretty insane how much the quality of fights increases when they finally get to Dio's mansion.
Yeah but having one memorable moment doesn't really make you a memorable character, just scroll back to old part 3 conversarions and see how many time Iggy is brought up, compared to Avdol, Joseph, Jotaro, etc, when your name is brought up less than kakyoin you're not exactly that memorable... :/
I mean, Kakyoin is remembered for being a jobber, Joseph for being a shell of his former self, Jotaro for being cardboard and constant asspulls, and avdol for being sidelined and killed twice for bad reasons. They're all remembered for different reasons, Iggy is remembered for being an asshole and being part of two awesome fights. That's a much better legacy than Jobyoin.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It's pretty insane how much the quality of fights increases when they finally get to Dio's mansion.

I mean, Kakyoin is remembered for being a jobber, Joseph for being a shell of his former self, Jotaro for being cardboard and constant asspulls, and avdol for being sidelined and killed twice for bad reasons. They're all remembered for different reasons, Iggy is remembered for being an asshole and being part of two awesome fights. That's a much better legacy than Jobyoin.
LMAO yeah but by Jojo standards that's not even close to memorable... Unless your love for dogs is undying to the point it becomes a bias.

If Iggy was a human he'd be most likely forgotten by now >_>

Oct 25, 2017
Kakyoin is such a jobber that he got brought back to fucking job, then he got donuted. I remember being pissed when he lost that race. It's like he was better off dying during the eye surgery procedure or something.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck i forgot araki "retired" two characters only to bring them back to die, i usually only remember avdol because of that dying first trope

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
LMAO yeah but by Jojo standards that's not even close to memorable... Unless your love for dogs is undying to the point it becomes a bias.

If Iggy was a human he'd be most likely forgotten by now >_>
I mean I don't forget him easily if only because of his fights but because I find him to just be interesting. Cool stand, is an asshole dog, and has awesome fights. He's not my favorite character but I like him and I find him difficult to forget in terms of part 3 due to his contributions at the end.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I don't forget him easily if only because of his fights but because I find him to just be interesting. Cool stand, is an asshole dog, and has awesome fights. He's not my favorite character but I like him and I find him difficult to forget in terms of part 3 due to his contributions at the end.
Idk if it's because of how i watched it but I always forget part 3 had a dog... it's not even that i hate him because i tend to remember the characters I hate, i just happen to think of literally everyone else before him, and since no one really discuss iggy when p3 is brought up i don't think the assumption he's kinda forgettable is that far fetched idk >_>

You need to be thinking about him to remember him cause he'll never be the first thing people think when p3 is brought up, i'd say it's a strange case, like fugo's, but at least the dog did something

I'm not sure who jobbed harder. Kakyoin or Vegeta?
Vegeta lived longer so...

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also, I know there's a Boston Terrier that joins the party at some point in the Egypt arc. Does Araki kill him, too? I just want to get my hopes up because there's been something like a 90% kill rate of Jojo dogs in the stuff I've seen so far.
It's the most lovable character of part 3 and the one whose powers are used the more naturally out of the gang. He arrives basically when the messy draft half of part 3 ends and when the actual, enjoyable half of part 3 starts.
And yes, he dies heroically, because he's the best so of course.

Oct 25, 2017
Idk if it's because of how i watched it but I always forget part 3 had a dog... it's not even that i hate him because i tend to remember the characters I hate, i just happen to think of literally everyone else before him, and since no one really discuss iggy when p3 is brought up i don't think the assumption he's kinda forgettable is that far fetched idk >_>

You need to be thinking about him to remember him cause he'll never be the first thing people think when p3 is brought up, i'd say it's a strange case, like fugo's, but at least the dog did something
You remember Iggy based on how highly you rank the Pet Shop fight. I love the fight so I remember Iggy, but I wish Pet Shop won because Pet Shop is fucking awesome.

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I disagree, yes he appears less and fights even less in the part than others but his personality and fights make him more memorable than Fugo who I had trouble remembering if he had more than 1 fight since purple haze was so wasted on him.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You remember Iggy based on how highly you rank the Pet Shop fight. I love the fight so I remember Iggy, but I wish Pet Shop won because Pet Shop is fucking awesome.
I actually remember Iggy because he offers a natural way of killing N'doul instead of "Oh by the way Jotaro can also punch from the other side of the world". Also for his fantastic input during both Boingo fights. And then Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice. That's 1 solo fight, 4 group fights where he's useful, 0 fight where he's just there to be a meatshield to show how the enemy is so powerful and Jotaro is so great to be able to beat him.

Oct 25, 2017
I disagree, yes he appears less and fights even less in the part than others but his personality and fights make him more memorable than Fugo who I had trouble remembering if he had more than 1 fight since purple haze was so wasted on him.
Many characters are an improvement over Fugo. Nobody with common sense stans Fugo. Fuck Fugo.
I actually remember Iggy because he offers a natural way of killing N'doul instead of "Oh by the way Jotaro can also punch from the other side of the world". Also for his fantastic input during both Boingo fights. And then Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice. That's 1 solo fight, 4 group fights where he's useful, 0 fight where he's just there to be a meatshield to show how the enemy is so powerful and Jotaro is so great to be able to beat him.
I only remember Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice. I really don't think I like the Oingo Boingo fights too much on repeat viewings so I currently don't remember too much from them.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I only remember Pet Shop and Vanilla Ice. I really don't think I like the Oingo Boingo fights too much on repeat viewings so I currently don't remember too much from them.
Oingo Boingo fights are really bad in animated form. Which is totally natural, since, well, it's about a comic, so they're made to be read, not watched.
But no love for N'doul? Really? The first great fight of part 3?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
One day i'll gather strenght and coffee enough to actually power through oingo boingo

Oct 25, 2017
Oingo Boingo fights are really bad in animated form. Which is totally natural, since, well, it's about a comic, so they're made to be read, not watched.
But no love for N'doul? Really? The first great fight of part 3?
I have nothing against the N'Doul fight, I just don't rank it too highly. For some odd reason I always prefer Jotaro's fight against the sentient sword over it since he's more active and less gliding towards the fight.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
So jojolion
read a theory of people saying the bug bad might be Kira and i want people's takes on that, cause they made some interesting points but idk if they actually hold up
Stans fugo. :armscrossed:
Nothing more appropriate to the chariot requiem shenanigans than lending a narancia avatar to a fugo stan, good job lol

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So jojolion
read a theory of people saying the bug bad might be Kira and i want people's takes on that, cause they made some interesting points but idk if they actually hold up
That doesn't even sound possible. Kira died and became half of Gappy, he's long gone.

Since I just can't buy Jobin as the final boss, I still think its gonna be Kaato, or even Tsurugi to some extent. This is the only part where Araki hasn't made it extremely clear who the final boss is upon their introduction, so I really hope that he succeeds in delivering another fantastic Jojo big bad.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That doesn't even sound possible. Kira died and became half of Gappy, he's long gone.

Since I just can't buy Jobin as the final boss, I still think its gonna be Kaato, or even Tsurugi to some extent. This is the only part where Araki hasn't made it extremely clear who the final boss is upon their introduction, so I really hope that he succeeds in delivering another fantastic Jojo big bad.
people called out kira on being pretty suspicious and having easy access to some stuff he shouldn't, but i think his theory is a bit flawed because he mentions sheer heart attack could have damaged holly's memory, when there are several other things in the part that could do the same, including eating a rokaka fruit(which is my theory for what happened to her brains o-x)

But basically it relied on past kira setting a lot of stuff up, then forgetting it because of the fusion or something else... it seemed interesting as a concept but idk how the fuck it would work for a final confrontation lol

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Was Kira that obvious as the main villain when he was introduced in Part 4? He was like the 4th "main" villain by that point lol.

I love the speculation about who the main Part 8 villain is. There are so many potential folks it could be

I still think it's gonna be a fusion somehow, but Kaato, Jobin, Mitsuba, and Tsurugi is a hell of a villain team if they go that route, I'm pretty damn sure Awaking III Leaves is responsible for the stuff Tsurugi is getting blamed for recently

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Was Kira that obvious as the main villain when he was introduced in Part 4? He was like the 4th "main" villain by that point lol.

I love the speculation about who the main Part 8 villain is. There are so many potential folks it could be

I still think it's gonna be a fusion somehow, but Kaato, Jobin, Mitsuba, and Tsurugi is a hell of a villain team if they go that route, I'm pretty damn sure Awaking III Leaves is responsible for the stuff Tsurugi is getting blamed for recently
im all in for a family feud, only downside of that is that i dont see joshu teaming up with kaato so he's gonna be one of the good guys
Yikes

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The D"Arby the Elder chapters are so good, god. Jotaro's peak bullshit game is something to behold.

This Part gets so much better once they get to Egypt. Poor Kakyoin and Avdol though.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god you found this thread, for a second I thought you posted this in the anime one LOL i'd be so pissed, that's the spoiler that made me go read the manga

Look man

I try to be vague in the anime thread, but now that I realized spoilers are relatively free game here I can go full Joylne

865.jpg

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Look man

I try to be vague in the anime thread, but now that I realized spoilers are relatively free game here I can go full Joylne

865.jpg
I know, i used to be pretty bad with spoilers too but I had to change my ways because my friends were almost killing me over game of thrones.

There's no real way of being vague when dealing with spoilers, you need to pretend you never read the manga and go from what they should know, and even then people might think you're leading them into something saying something while saying nothing is a very hard to master form of art x_x

Oct 25, 2017
I know, i used to be pretty bad with spoilers too but I had to change my ways because my friends were almost killing me over game of thrones.

There's no real way of being vague when dealing with spoilers, you need to pretend you never read the manga and go from what they should know, and even then people might think you're leading them into something saying something while saying nothing is a very hard to master form of art x_x

Thats fair.

I typically lie to my friends or give them fake spoilers if they get spoiled on something.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The spoiler that made me read the manga was "Polnarref dies and becomes a turtle"
to me it was like that: I watched fighting gold some times and got worried Narancia's shot ends with a sky.
Then I watched Kaleb's video on Aerosmith arc and he lead me to believe something happened.
Then I googled Narancia and google fucked with me.
So i said "fuck this shit i'm reading it before I know whether this is for real or not.

I mean, I knew something bad would happen because it's a bunch of mafia kids so there's no way they'd get a happier ending, but, fuck, I really loved that kid and it broke me so damn much >_>

Thats fair.

I typically lie to my friends or give them fake spoilers if they get spoiled on something.
That will never work on anime thread, people are too on the edge and sometimes i really screamed when you tried to imply something cause i knew someone would be pissed/find out about something lol