• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Damn that last jojolion chapter.

Joubin getting ruthless. They were scum tho.
he's still sympathetic enough to nof fall onto villain tier, i wonder why Ojiro was working ao hard for kira, this whole situation is a mess, the dude made him eat his fingers and he wanted to kill him in the first chapter so why was he doing all that?

Im not used to having to make that kind of mental gymnastics while reading jojo, dammit araki, stop hanging out with togashi

Offtopic but i lowkey want to change the op title to "Stand up! Join us!"

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
he's still sympathetic enough to nof fall onto villain tier, i wonder why Ojiro was working ao hard for kira, this whole situation is a mess, the dude made him eat his fingers and he wanted to kill him in the first chapter so why was he doing all that?

I'm sorry... but what?! Ojiro got what he deserved, sure, but Makorin's only crime was being a petty, conniving low-life. Jobin even said that if she had been a Stand user, he would've straight up murdered her whole family, including her daughter. How in the world can you still consider him "sympathetic" after that? The guy may be willing to do anything to protect his family, which is cool, but he's still a monster.

Remember, he also didn't have a problem with Dolomite potentially turning all of Morioh into a battleground, risking all of its citizens' lives in the process. And during that same arc, when he attacked Yasuho, the only reason he didn't kill her was because his "dad would get suspicious of [him]." Think about that for a moment. If Jobin wasn't worried about being found out, he would've killed Yasuho right then and there.

Jobin is incredibly villainous, and has been for some time. I think the only reason some of you are struggling to accept him as the main villain is because he's been humanized in ways that we're not used to seeing from a main villain.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
With all due respect... what?! Ojiro got what he deserved, sure, but Makorin's only crime was being a petty, conniving low-life. Jobin even said that if she had been a Stand user, he would've straight up murdered her whole family, including her daughter. How in the world can you still consider him "sympathetic" after that? The guy may be willing to do anything to protect his family, which is cool, but he's still a monster.

Remember, he also didn't have a problem with Dolomite potentially turning all of Morioh into a battleground, risking all of its citizens' lives in the process. And during that same arc, when he attacked Yasuho, the only reason he didn't kill her was because his "dad would get suspicious of [him]." Think about that for a moment. If Jobin wasn't worried about being found out, he would've killed Yasuho right then and there.

Jobin is incredibly villainous, and has been for some time. I think the only reason some of you are struggling to accept him as the main villain is because he's been humanized in ways that we're not used to seeing from a main villain.
Idk i cant get mad at him cause i still feel like his mom being a sycho and saying that he fucking murdererong a kid at school was fine and justified probably messed his head a bit lol

Not like our hero is much nicer, Josuke did some brutal kills and his former self made a guy eat his own fingers(maybe?)

It's not a situation like johnny x valentine while valentine is clearly a jerk and a worldwide thread and johnny just sucks, we're dealing with two folks wanting sort of the same endgoal and being determined to kill for it.

Jobin does some awful shit but as far as jojo villains go he's so damn humanized i'm struggling to think that araki will go for it, i'm not saying josuke is the real villain here, far from it as jobin's damage goes far worse than it shoul and it's probably breaking his own family in the process, it feels like he's the biggest loser here, at least where it matters, he's trying to to save his family and he'll just lose it in the process, i can't feel mad at him, only pity for him being so stupid and greedy for listening to the wrong parent :/

Should i feel pity for the main villain? I felt pity for nero, not diavolo, all other jojo main baddies were kinda massive jerks too, unless jobin builds up a bit more to the point he's a jackass this will be a very atypical jojo endgame

Not that this would be bad *shrug*

He went down to town last chapter, lets see how worse it can get, i really like the character a lot nevertheless

Deleted member 176

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Megan Thee Stallion old Town road remix where all of her parts are just her going through a summary of Steel Ball Run

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Idk i cant get mad at him cause i still feel like his mom being a sycho and saying that he fucking murdererong a kid at school was fine and justified probably messed his head a bit lol

Not like our hero is much nicer, Josuke did some brutal kills and his former self made a guy eat his own fingers(maybe?)

It's not a situation like johnny x valentine while valentine is clearly a jerk and a worldwide thread and johnny just sucks, we're dealing with two folks wanting sort of the same endgoal and being determined to kill for it.

Jobin does some awful shit but as far as jojo villains go he's so damn humanized i'm struggling to think that araki will go for it, i'm not saying josuke is the real villain here, far from it as jobin's damage goes far worse than it shoul and it's probably breaking his own family in the process, it feels like he's the biggest loser here, at least where it matters, he's trying to to save his family and he'll just lose it in the process, i can't feel mad at him, only pity for him being so stupid and greedy for listening to the wrong parent :/

Should i feel pity for the main villain? I felt pity for nero, not diavolo, all other jojo main baddies were kinda massive jerks too, unless jobin builds up a bit more to the point he's a jackass this will be a very atypical jojo endgame

Not that this would be bad *shrug*

He went down to town last chapter, lets see how worse it can get, i really like the character a lot nevertheless
Honestly...
it's not that i can't see jobin becoming the main villain, it's just that once that happens no one is winning this saga and the whole family is breaking apart, it might already have if that body was norisuke's , jojolion is going to be such an excruciating read, no one is winning this shit because the opposing factions might all be in the same family, this is dark af :/

Gonna be an awesome read but i might need some hard painkiller animes to read trough it

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
a familial civil war would be a great twist on one of the main ideas of jojo. several generations of joestar came together to fight a vampire and his forces in a previous world, now a family is falling to pieces because of their fruit empire

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
a familial civil war would be a great twist on one of the main ideas of jojo. several generations of joestar came together to fight a vampire and his forces in a previous world, now a family is falling to pieces because of their fruit empire
Jojolion is amazing.
And there are so many "jojos" in this part you can trace them back to each of the original universe joestars

... this made me really sad the more i think about it

Last edited:

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
Jojolion is amazing.
And there are so many "jojos" in this part you can trace them back to each of the original universe joestars

... this made me really sad the more i think about it
the revelation that soft and wet uses strings make me appreciate Josuke as a second Jolyne. but also mad that Josuke is double man as opposed to another leading joestar lady.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I could see a new villian coming out of nowhere to force the Higashikata family to team up and take them out.

The clues are there.

latest

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
"I think Palm from hxh must've inspired that girl in Part 4!"
"Yoshiyuki Kira"

Haha, welp, wouldn't you know it - my own boyfriend isn't much of a Part 4 guy as I am. He's more knowledgeable on 2 and 5, as I suspected. But it's cool

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
the revelation that soft and wet uses strings make me appreciate Josuke as a second Jolyne. but also mad that Josuke is double man as opposed to another leading joestar lady.

I see kaato as jolyne but mostly because prison and protecting the family, im not sure who i place josuke as, because i think norisuke is better at being josuke 4... hot take: joshu is battle tendency joseph

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I could see a new villian coming out of nowhere to force the Higashikata family to team up and take them out.

The clues are there.

latest
Yeah, honestly, I dont want any of the family to be a villain because of this. Over the whole part, no one has really felt.... like a family? Every character feels like they secretly hate eachother(Joshuu, Kaato, Bed girl, Jobin), or just dont care(Hato). Norisuke is, like, the only one who seems to actually care about everyone. Jobin only really cares about Tsurugi and Mitsuba, but even her character is kinda wishy washy.

I really like Part 8, but it feels ways less... personal or genuine, and a lot harder to read any of the characters' personalities or motivations beyond Josuke/Yasuho. Johnny and Gyro felt more familiar in the first few arcs of SBR than any character in Part 8 ever really acts.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, honestly, I dont want any of the family to be a villain because of this. Over the whole part, no one has really felt.... like a family? Every character feels like they secretly hate eachother(Joshuu, Kaato, Bed girl, Jobin), or just dont care(Hato). Norisuke is, like, the only one who seems to actually care about everyone. Jobin only really cares about Tsurugi and Mitsuba, but even her character is kinda wishy washy.

I really like Part 8, but it feels ways less... personal or genuine, and a lot harder to read any of the characters' personalities or motivations beyond Josuke/Yasuho. Johnny and Gyro felt more familiar in the first few arcs of SBR than any character in Part 8 ever really acts.
Really? I feel exactly the opposite D:
I see them as a family and they have a guy living with them, Norisuke is a caring grandpa and the kids have normal sibiling bickering... the only one that i feel is hated is kaato, but her situation is awkward... simply because they have those rifts and are not a perfect family is what makes them work as one :/ if they actually hated each other then joshu has no reason to still live there lol

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really? I feel exactly the opposite D:
I see them as a family and they have a guy living with them, Norisuke is a caring grandpa and the kids have normal sibiling bickering... the only one that i feel is hated is kaato, but her situation is awkward... simply because they have those rifts and are not a perfect family is what makes them work as one :/ if they actually hated each other then joshu has no reason to still live there lol
Hate eachother isnt the right feeling I get from it I guess, more like none of them have enough real characterization to really cement themselves as characters outside Jobin/Norisuke/Tsurugi, especially with Hato getting nothing but breif one liners, bed girl being a villain and then barely mentioned again, and Joshuu being a kinda one note creep.

I want the last fewarcs to really give a lot more chemistry between the family members, give each more spotlights for quirks and personality. Hato especially, as her biggest moment happens in the same arc she's tricked by a gross older dude :/

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Hate eachother isnt the right feeling I get from it I guess, more like none of them have enough real characterization to really cement themselves as characters outside Jobin/Norisuke/Tsurugi, especially with Hato getting nothing but breif one liners, bed girl being a villain and then barely mentioned again, and Joshuu being a kinda one note creep.

I want the last fewarcs to really give a lot more chemistry between the family members, give each more spotlights for quirks and personality. Hato especially, as her biggest moment happens in the same arc she's tricked by a gross older dude :/
That's kind of a problem all jojo parts share, i'd go as far as saying they got the better end of the deal just for still being there, unlike characters like soundman and pocoloco in sbr...

Sure, i hope haato, daiya, kyo and kaato show up more soon, or else the whole family dynamic thing will feel a bit pointless, but once freaking mitsuba started appearing more i'm optimistic about it

Neo0mj

Oct 26, 2017
So, does it feel like JoJolion is anywhere close to the end? It's been going on for like what, a decade at this point?

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
So, does it feel like JoJolion is anywhere close to the end? It's been going on for like what, a decade at this point?
Sort of.

There's a big event that's being built up to that seems like it'll lead into the finale, but it seems like a bunch of stuff is going to happen before we get to that point.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe we're almost at the end, so excited for people to witness Rolling Stones for the first time.

D_0QSGqUYAArvqw.jpg:large

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Damn Jobin is ruthless as fuck, thought that arc would be a little longer. Hopefully like 2-3 months we catch backup to the harvest and shit really pops off

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Damn Jobin is ruthless as fuck, thought that arc would be a little longer. Hopefully like 2-3 months we catch backup to the harvest and shit really pops off
More like another year before the harvest. It's still three days away, and Gappy and co. still have the Head Doctor and Tooru to deal with.

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Yeah I think jojolion either gets finished next year or early in the year after that.

We're definitely in that end phase but not yet in that jojo finale where everything goes to shit.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I had no idea what that rock was till somebody pointed it out, don't even really know how that stand works.
It just works
I feel like the final arc of Jojolion is gonna take at least a year and a half by itself
definitely D:

Green/Blue Jolyne confirmed !?!?!?!

:s I hope

Blue giorno was the "canon" pallete for years so this means close to nothing im afraid.

Her design is based around a butterfly, so they'll go for somethig that fits that i'd guess

Last edited:

Force_XXI

Oct 29, 2017
Just looked at the chapters for part 7 and D4C started at 66, we're def gonna get like 20+ more chapters of part 8. I thought part 7 was over 100 chapters for some reason. Now look at this Okuyasu meme

2mn9w2p8g1c31.jpg

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's weird how much I love Fugo despite my deep seated hatred for another anime blonde with anger issues who yells a lot and lashes out needlessly.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly...
it's not that i can't see jobin becoming the main villain, it's just that once that happens no one is winning this saga and the whole family is breaking apart, it might already have if that body was norisuke's , jojolion is going to be such an excruciating read, no one is winning this shit because the opposing factions might all be in the same family, this is dark af :/

Gonna be an awesome read but i might need some hard painkiller animes to read trough it

I understand your reasoning. I don't necessarily want Jobin to be the main villain either, as he's my favorite character, but it's what makes the most sense to me, thematically.

When Kaato was first introduced, I was sure that she was the mastermind behind everything, but now⁠—nearly three years removed from her initial appearance⁠—I can't help but get the feeling that she was only introduced to flesh out Jobin's backstory, and give him an additional ally. I would love to be wrong—a female main villain would be incredibly refreshing—but I still maintain that there isn't enough time to build her up to the same extent as Jobin... unless JoJolion runs even longer than most of us expect.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I understand your reasoning. I don't necessarily want Jobin to be the main villain either, as he's my favorite character, but it's what makes the most sense to me, thematically.

When Kaato was first introduced, I was sure that she was the mastermind behind everything, but now⁠—nearly three years removed from her initial appearance⁠—I can't help but get the feeling that she was only introduced to flesh out Jobin's backstory, and give him an additional ally. I would love to be wrong—a female main villain would be incredibly refreshing—but I still maintain that there isn't enough time to build her up to the same extent as Jobin... unless JoJolion runs even longer than most of us expect.
she's still the cause of most troubles jobin made and it wouldn't be weird at all if things shifter to her at this point, as most of his actions reflect on what she taught him, that's my biggest issue here, if she is a big bad araki managed to make another villain that barely appears and still has a huge presence in the story .-.~~ we still don't know her stand name and all of its powers either...

I'd be patient, 20 chapters to go at least, and they're huge ass chapters, though at this pace jobin and tsurugi might become unredeemable by then :(