• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Makes sense.

UAXEKxM.png

And I guess he delineated it from the previous parts hoping to entice new readers (when they would see Chapter 1, and especially Vol. 1)?

Though I guess I'll see how friendly the start would've been for new readers.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Makes sense.

UAXEKxM.png

And I guess he delineated it from the previous parts hoping to entice new readers (when they would see Chapter 1, and especially Vol. 1)?

Though I guess I'll see how friendly the start would've been for new readers.
fingers crossed for actual literal female jotaro in part 9. while this is a bit of a clumsy way of putting it i really adore how he handled jolyne's character. theres a later authors note where he talks about how in the midst of part 6 he came to the conclusion that men and women are basically the same in terms of their capabilities and potential for good or evil.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
fingers crossed for actual literal female jotaro in part 9. while this is a bit of a clumsy way of putting it i really adore how he handled jolyne's character. theres a later authors note where he talks about how in the midst of part 6 he came to the conclusion that men and women are basically the same in terms of their capabilities and potential for good or evil.
Female jotaro? No thanks D: i'd rather have another character that holds her own like jolyne, i'm still sad we never got shizuka

If you want a female joestar that had cast away her family in order to protect them from harm you got lisa lisa, pray for a lisa lisa that can get some fights of her own :(

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Female jotaro? No thanks D: i'd rather have another character that holds her own like jolyne, i'm still sad we never got shizuka

If you want a female joestar that had cast away her family in order to protect them from harm you got lisa lisa, pray for a lisa lisa that can get some fights of her own :(
but like, it would still be a new character, is the thing

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017

Who's Shizuka?

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
Shizuka's the Invisible Baby, and she can be considered a "JoJo" but she's not a Joestar by blood

EDIT: im watching the part 4 dub and just got to the first kira scene. His is the first voice I truly hate. He sounds like he should be voicing the Fun Fun Fun guy from part 8

Not so fast ! His voice and Josuke's might be my favorite. Just see how it develops. It does come off a bit strange in that first scene

The only true bad voice is Rohan's btw. No facetiousness or sarcasm

Oct 25, 2017
i have to admit, jotaro IS my favorite character, even with how much I like Giorno. And I like the idea that his stand is the most conventionally powerful because of how simple it is. It just sucks that they had such a flimsy justification for him being the one to fight, and by rehashing the original dio fight too.

I'm not mad he was used necessarily, but that he was used in an uninteresting way. And by extension that Dio was too.

I'm hoping part 9 stars a direct Jotaro analogue. It would be really interesting to see the new writing style's approach to that type of character.

EDIT: im watching the part 4 dub and just got to the first kira scene. His is the first voice I truly hate. He sounds like he should be voicing the Fun Fun Fun guy from part 8
I never finished the dub, but you can't slander Yoshikage Wesker.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
but like, it would still be a new character, is the thing
I already have to deal with people calling jolyne "female jotaro" so, like, making a character that's almost like him won't help. I'll always be against it because i think there's a limit to how much someon can hold their feelings inside and still be likeable without someone calling them out on it >_> it's that kenshiro/mad max type of character i can't stand xD
An OVA that centered around Lisa Lisa's backstory would be nice.
justice for lisa lisa!

I wonder if she's in jojolion too

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I already have to deal with people calling jolyne "female jotaro" so, like, making a character that's almost like him won't help. I'll always be against it because i think there's a limit to how much someon can hold their feelings inside and still be likeable without someone calling them out on it >_> it's that kenshiro/mad max type of character i can't stand xD
but Jolyne already has her own counterpart in the new continuity. what would be wrong with someone calling a character who is explicitly female jotaro female jotaro?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
but Jolyne already has her own counterpart in the new continuity. what would be wrong with someone calling a character who is explicitly female jotaro female jotaro?
It's a bad narrative trope when you just pick a male character and make them a girl, no one really calls yasuho "female koichi" because she's got enough personality to be her own character, so even if we get a "female jotaro" if she's just called "female jotaro" by the readers she isn't much of a character of her own.

I wanna avoid a mrs. pacman scenario y'know?

It's two things i'm dealing with here 1- i dont like jotaro and 2- making him again but on female body will hardly be original on its own

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Damn, I was thinking Jolyne's lawyer was an alien like Mikitaka with those ears.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
so the soundtrack is out but i still can't find the abbachio's death theme.... the one i found on youtube definitely isn't the one we hear during this moment...

EDIT : nevermind, found it

Last edited:

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
given all the self-referential material in parts 7 and 8, a hypothetical part 9 would be free to be more "original" in characters, including a hopefully female jojo

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
And people wonder why Mariip and I will at times randomly rant about Anansui, just fucking fuck that piece of shit.
FUCK ANNASUI

What's up guys?
You think Joshu is the reincarnation of Annasui?
You think Joshu is the reincarnation of Annasui?
joshu is a terrible person but at least the story isn't trying to bend him into a likeable figure like Annasui was, I, for sure, know he won't be dating yasuho anytime soon, while Annasui is dating jolyne despite she never ever giving any reason she saw him as something other than a nuisance, and millagro man was an enjoyable chapter because the situation was fun and the character being a pieve of shit fit it, unlike bohemian rhapsody which could have had anyone from the main cast in it and be miles more enjoyable...

How can i say it... i hate joshu but he looks like he belongs in the part as a foil to josuke, while annasui's whole function in part 6 seems to be making the part worse so i can rank 5,8 and 4 above it.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
Weather Report can be called out for being an asshole but Annasui never face any consequences for being a manipulating creep.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Bruno called Pesci a piece of shit and Pesci was better than Anansui at his absolute worst. Bruno would kill Anansui and Weather on sight. Giorno would also give them the Muda special.
... man imagine giorno at the end of stone ocean, he breaks pucci down saying "no u" for made in heaven and then starts to walk away but he stops, turns to jolyne's crew and gives annasui a good ol muda right in the face while turning his stupid hat into a stag beetle.

Man i need that.

Tbh i need giorno to reset annasui to zero so we can get whatever araki had planned for female annasui

Oct 25, 2017
... man imagine giorno at the end of stone ocean, he breaks pucci down saying "no u" for made in heaven and then starts to walk away but he stops, turns to jolyne's crew and gives annasui a good ol muda right in the face while turning his stupid hat into a stag beetle.

Man i need that.

Tbh i need giorno to reset annasui to zero so we can get whatever araki had planned for female annasui
Lol. "Why do you think you deserve to marry my great grand niece again? MUDA!!!"

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
I'm rereading Stone Ocean carefully, and Annasui
is in a way a lot like Yukako if Yukako never got out of her own demented world as a *cough* Misery reference

I guess Araki really wanted to remind us that they're criminals, but, ehh...
as with BT (Lisa Lisa) and SdC (Kakyoin and maybe Avdul) I blame the editors he had to put up with and maybe JUMP magazine itself.
Stone Ocean and early SBR were from that weird early-2000's period of JUMP where we got stuff like Greed Island from HxH and Skypiea from One Piece

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Annasui would be fine if not for the fact that he literally did murder those people. he wasn't framed and didn't have any deeper excuse for it. i was so shocked when i got to the end and there was no twist on that. He turns around as a character but doesn't truly atone or face what he did. It would have been better if he had a more justified crime but still started out being kind of manipulative and overbearing. the arc there is fine, but you just keep remembering what he did, which at least for me pulls me out of it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I'm rereading Stone Ocean carefully, and Annasui
is in a way a lot like Yukako if Yukako never got out of her own demented world as a *cough* Misery reference

I guess Araki really wanted to remind us that they're criminals, but, ehh...
as with BT (Lisa Lisa) and SdC (Kakyoin and maybe Avdul) I blame the editors he had to put up with and maybe JUMP magazine itself.
Stone Ocean and early SBR were from that weird early-2000's period of JUMP where we got stuff like Greed Island from HxH and Skypiea from One Piece
Greed island is a fun arc though, it never felt like an editor's choice

Been reading araki's book lately and all these "editor choices" now smell a bit like him listening to the editing staff and taking the rout he believes would please the audience a bit more, even if sacrifices had to be made, but idk, that's one reading. In one moment he's talking about the golden route of sucessful manga and in the next about how he broke it cause yolo.

He seems pretty quick to adapt to feedback when he feels like it o-x

Annasui would be fine if not for the fact that he literally did murder those people. he wasn't framed and didn't have any deeper excuse for it. i was so shocked when i got to the end and there was no twist on that. He turns around as a character but doesn't truly atone or face what he did. It would have been better if he had a more justified crime but still started out being kind of manipulative and overbearing. the arc there is fine, but you just keep remembering what he did, which at least for me pulls me out of it.
To me his biggest issue is a lack of a good motivation to exist, all that romance schtick has no effect on me :/

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
To me his biggest issue is a lack of a good motivation to exist, all that romance schtick has no effect on me :/
I mean I don't think it's supposed to at first. but as he proves himself more and more and puts himself on the line it becomes clear he's actually genuine about what he sees in Jolene. Still doesn't deserve her, but in a remade world where he never killed anyone but his character development still remains, I think he's not a bad catch.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I mean I don't think it's supposed to at first. but as he proves himself more and more and puts himself on the line it becomes clear he's actually genuine about what he sees in Jolene. Still doesn't deserve her, but in a remade world where he never killed anyone but his character development still remains, I think he's not a bad catch.
It's implied they have the same souls of that past life though, so there's always a chance jolyne gets dismantled if she breaks up with him

That's really fucked up.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
It's implied they have the same souls of that past life though, so there's always a chance jolyne gets dismantled if she breaks up with him

That's really fucked up.
I don't think that's what that phrase is intended to mean at all. They have the same souls as from the moment when they died. They all became different and better people because of their journey.

He was given a second chance to live his life without causing that kind of harm, just as Jolyne was given a second chance at a better relationship with her father, without either of them ever having hurt each other the way they did in the old reality.

Like I said, I have issues with him never truly confronting what he did back when it was still real. But I don't think the ending is supposed to imply that kind of repeating of fate. Araki isn't one to make the moral of his stories "you can't change who you are or atone for your past actions". That goes against every other part of jojo.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think that's what that phrase is intended to mean at all. They have the same souls as from the moment when they died. They all became different and better people because of their journey.

He was given a second chance to live his life without causing that kind of harm, just as Jolyne was given a second chance at a better relationship with her father, without either of them ever having hurt each other the way they did in the old reality.

Like I said, I have issues with him never truly confronting what he did back when it was still real. But I don't think the ending is supposed to imply that kind of repeating of fate. Araki isn't one to make the moral of his stories "you can't change who you are or atone for your past actions". That goes against every other part of jojo.
I'd wholeheartedly agree if i believed that he learned enough from the part to warrant him a rehabilitation, since no one adressed the trauma he cause to who he hurt, he never felt any real guilt on that, and he barely did anything to fix himself besides "being healed by love", i simply can't accept that.

I had a long talk with Bard back in the anime thread discussing the boys of passione and why you can't just let them walk around the streets without going through a proper rehabilitation, and Annasui falls into these cases, even worse because he was never "forced" to do bad things, he did that in his own volition and killed his ex by his own choice AND has a thing for doing that in a very cruel way simply to see them disassembled.

That goes into mental health issues as you pretty much needs to feel no empathy for a person to do that so calmly. You don't just heal someone that thinks cutting his GF into pieces is fine through the power of love, and believing that you can is what gets hundreds of ladies killed by their loved ones every day. This message is fucked up to the core.

Idk, there was a huge scandal happening in my country over a dismembered lady that got chewed down by her boyfriend's dogs, this is a very sensitive case for me, i don't mess with feminicide. Guy got released from jail AND hired by a soccer club after ordering that murder >_>

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Just realized we'll never see joseph taking care of jolyne despite her being older than shizuka

I'm slightly pissed now, bad grandgrandpa

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Ehh more like "editor interferences" as CNTR had put it

Due to this we got that really annoying runaway girl in Part 3 and

(Dunno how else I wanted to link this :v)
this explains a lot about the pace of part 3. It really only needed a few more arcs that were basically just downtime and travelling and it would have felt a lot smoother.

I kind of actually liked the runaway girl. Her crush on jotaro was totally wholesome and it was nice to see jotaro clearly being genuinely protective of and worried about her, underneath his usual attitude. (BTW I can understand why that attitude bothers people, but I actually relate to it a lot. He feels like a person who doesn't put on false faces to put people at ease: he's just really honest about how he feels. I'm never that honest obviously, but it's kind of validating to see someone living their life completely authentically and his friends learning to understand that he's not trying to hurt them, it's just how he is.)

For the last few weeks I've been meaning to say this, and I keep forgetting every time I post here;

Hermes, Jolyene, and F.F. are my favorite Jojo crew of all time.

The period of time when they were all hanging out is prob my favorite part of the story in part 6.

Last edited: