• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Woozies

Nov 1, 2017
Part 4 is probably the part where I most struggle to determine from memory

"Are these characters friends?"

"Do these characters know each other exists?"

"Have these characters even talked?"

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
Part 4 is probably the part where I most struggle to determine from memory

"Are these characters friends?"

"Do these characters know each other exists?"

"Have these characters even talked?"
Part 4 is really weird in this sense, like, Shigechi literally tries to murder both Josuke and Okuyasu for petty reasons but they still become best buddies.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
He got a horrible death but I know a lot of folks who were glad Shigechi died.

Kind of mean since I always got the impression he was a bit...slower.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Really like the (very probable) Holes reference. And how it connects to his Stand.

CCWOUUD.png

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Just wasn't sure if Araki had ever commented on it.
Tbh idk if he commented but reading through his books i know enough about him to assume it was... dude is a reverse weeb.

I once commented to my friends about metallica being maybe related to that one metalica song referencing hemingway (for whom the bells toll) and the next page he writes about learning how to write from fucking hemingway... his repertoir of western media is honestly amazing, half the pages of his book about writing manga has at least one mention to a western movie

Sorry i should've emphasized that lol but it's not the firt time he's done something like this nor will be the last xD

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Tbh idk if he commented but reading through his books i know enough about him to assume it was... dude is a reverse weeb.

I once commented to my friends about metallica being maybe related to that one metalica song referencing hemingway (for whom the bells toll) and the next page he writes about learning how to write from fucking hemingway... his repertoir of western media is honestly amazing, half the pages of his book about writing manga has at least one mention to a western movie

Sorry i should've emphasized that lol but it's not the firt time he's done something like this nor will be the last xD
For sure. I pointed out that (probable :P) Memento reference earlier as well. He definitely has good taste.

--

Also:

6HiYctl.png

9bWJ2Ll.gif

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Reminder that these guys were running around Venezia perfectly incognito while bleeding, and Narancia would never have found identified without his radar.
iu

Applying real life fashion laws to Jojo is a self-defeating challenge.

It only happens once in a blue moon (the latest chapter being an example), but I really enjoy when somebody in part 8 points out that the main character is wearing a sailor uniform for seemingly no reason. It's nice seeing occasional reactions towards the eccentric fashion of the Jojo universe from plain background characters.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
It only happens once in a blue moon (the latest chapter being an example), but I really enjoy when somebody in part 8 points out that the main character is wearing a sailor uniform for seemingly no reason. It's nice seeing occasional reactions towards the eccentric fashion of the Jojo universe from plain background characters.
That only happens because he needs to point out gappy is weird... cause wtf is rai wearing?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Been reading through part 8. I feel like this is the weirdest JoJo part. I also feel like after part 6 ended Araki got way more abstract with stands. It's very interesting but sometimes I just miss punching ghosts lol

Norisuke's hair is weird af and I now understand why everyone hates Joshu. He sucks.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Perhaps the Stone mask could also unlock our brain's capabilites to use Video Editors.
Course we'd turn into Vampires but maybe the risk is worth it :V
Or you could go to the midwest's devils palm and grab a stand that does video editing(im not talking about stand arrows because mundane stands are more like a sbrverse thing)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Knowing myself, even the stand virus would give me a mundane power
Don't say that! Even okuyasu got a cool stand

Finished reading Manga in theory and practice, it's a kickass way of learning about araki's MO when writing manga, and a neat(but a bit small) guide...i really wasn't expecting a Frozen reference

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
Idk, i like the ones that are broken if you're smart, like GE and Heaven's door, at worst stone free
Which means i'd get a crappy one like cheap trick or survivor
My favourite type of stands are the physical location ones like Strength and Super Fly, so I'd likely get something like Ozon Baby but super harmless

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Diavolo v Nero is top tier JoJo. A lesser author would have a villain vs villain fight and you just kinda go through the motions. Araki designs a villain v villain fight and it has you hooked from panel one.
giving doppio/diavolo a built in disadvantage and not letting him overcome it until the fight was basically won anyways is genius. first off it makes the actual fight have true stakes, as it's basically going to determine who the real main antagonist is. second, in the final moments of it you're reminded how fucked up powerful the full abilities of the boss are in contrast to him struggling without them. and finally you get an in depth look at how Diavolo's mind could even possibly comprehend the use of king crimson: he literally visually sees the section of time he wants to delete ahead of time, and snips it from it like he's creating a jump cut in a video editing program.

---
if there were to be a jojo fighter i would want it to be guilty gear style 3d that looks like 2d. ive never really liked the 3d models the anime used early on, and asb always looked like basically those. (the cg cars and models for objects like planes and certain environments look good and seamless of course)

EDIT: re giorno's powers, i maintain that there is no established limit on them that would mean he isnt capable of throwing a rock at someone and turning it into a fully grown elephant mid-air.

(to be fully true to my philosophy that it's more fun to make up reasons why a story could make sense than why it does not, I feel like it's subtlety demonstrated throughout the part that he can't cause an object to grow into something significantly larger than it already is unless it's a non-sentient living thing like a plant or tree.)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
how its useless if you're stupid?

free meat every effing day

Giorno regular stand is he a fucking jesus
The power works, but I don't think any random person would be able to use GE for the 500IQ plays that Giorno does. It's not a basic punch ghost, even if it is, it's not a strong punch ghost. The brokeness is in the giving life ability. As I always say, give GE to Okuyasu and the fights become different because Okuyasu would just get bodied.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
how its useless if you're stupid?

free meat every effing day

Giorno regular stand is he a fucking jesus
Pretty sure things go back to normal when they die, unless it's a body part that got attatched to someone... so you can only eat human meat? That's... creepy
he could use his ability to create animals that lure others of their kind near enough for him to kill them. or he could plant a real seed and pour life energy into it, so it grew at an accelerated rate. dude could age wine hundreds of years in a few seconds!

all sorts of culinary applications