• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, seeing anime onlies reaction to the ending of Part 6 is going to be intresting. Expecting a lot of tears and a lot of crying gifs

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
he could use his ability to create animals that lure others of their kind near enough for him to kill them. or he could plant a real seed and pour life energy into it, so it grew at an accelerated rate. dude could age wine hundreds of years in a few seconds!

all sorts of culinary applications
Gotta get a hxh x jojo crossover with giorno as a gourmet hunter

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I just started Part 3.

So far I'm not completely sold on Stands over Hamon.
And I think Jotaro is my least favourite JoJo so far from the first 10 episodes.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
I miss Speedwagon so much.

Also, what the fuck at showing the what, 11 or 12 year old kid, in the shower then spending most of the rest of the episode with just a towel and her arse out on display.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Squad, roll out.

And damn, Emporio is tiny here lol.

iyf773f.png

Edit: Stone Ocean 128

Wow.

Definitely didn't expect the racism/KKK angle.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I miss Speedwagon so much.

Also, what the fuck at showing the what, 11 or 12 year old kid, in the shower then spending most of the rest of the episode with just a towel and her arse out on display.
Creepy editors
Squad, roll out.

And damn, Emporio is tiny here lol.

iyf773f.png

Edit: Stone Ocean 128

Wow.

Definitely didn't expect the racism/KKK angle.
yeap. One thinf stone ocean never stops delivering is plot twists

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Well, haven't posted here in quite a while. I haven't actually... watched the final two episodes of part 5 yet which I definitely need to do. I'm just sad it's over and don't want to finish it yet :( I miss Bruno so much.

I'm also gonna start reading part 8 soon even though I'm very much motivated to reread part 7 or at the very least all scenes with Diego and/or hot pants because like.... we're like 5 years away from it but I'm so excited to see them animated lol.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Well, haven't posted here in quite a while. I haven't actually... watched the final two episodes of part 5 yet which I definitely need to do. I'm just sad it's over and don't want to finish it yet :( I miss Bruno so much.

I'm also gonna start reading part 8 soon even though I'm very much motivated to reread part 7 or at the very least all scenes with Diego and/or hot pants because like.... we're like 5 years away from it but I'm so excited to see them animated lol.
Jojolion has the best branch of jojo families tho read it :3

Xweetok

Feb 22, 2019
Jojolion has the best branch of jojo families tho read it :3
I do like reading about family intrigue and family dynamics, which it seems like jojolion has lots of. So that's def got me interested haha.

I just didn't know if I wanted to wait for it to finish before I started but like I can't wait for that and I also don't want to anymore lol

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
There's been very few main character deaths in Jojolion so far. I wonder how much that'll change.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
There's been very few main character deaths in Jojolion so far. I wonder how much that'll change.
#prayfor you know who
I do like reading about family intrigue and family dynamics, which it seems like jojolion has lots of. So that's def got me interested haha.

I just didn't know if I wanted to wait for it to finish before I started but like I can't wait for that and I also don't want to anymore lol
jojolion is a perfect mix of a family sitcom and the sopranos(?), for a part 5 weeb like me it's pure bliss

Thinking about it now, Caato and SoA's Gemma Teller would be best buddies

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The problem with Annasui is this panel:
syukuhukusiro.jpg

It's the most memed pose and sentence of all of SO. It's the equivalent of Rohan refusing to bow to Highway Star, or Risotto's stretching pose when he first appears.
This panel is the only reason Annasui was added to ASB before Weather or FF. It's also one of the rare panels of SO that has the kind of iconic energy and grace that used to be everywhere in part 5.
Because of this panel, we're cursed to have a certain popularity attached to Annasui until the end of times.
So he's a plagiarist, too!

That's almost literally just Yukako's signature pose which didn't make it into the anime, meh

On a much better note:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
reading part 7 I was honestly astonished at the fact that there was this much detail in a comic that has to release on a regular schedule. The amount of time jojolion takes to come out makes complete sense and is honestly nowhere near as bad as i would have expected based on just reading it.

---
i asked earlier but what is anasui actually saying in that panel?

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nearing the end of part 7,

pretty good but it's got some really dumb shit. Like the Golden Ratio thing is amongst the worst, likenit makes me kinda cringe. Also the whole indenity of thencorpse thing. Still D4C and Love Train are dope as fuck

Also what's the general consensus on Jojolion? Immediately I'm into the look and setting but I don't hear much about it. Even when SBR was running I would hear buzz about it. Is it nearing an end? How's the main antagonist? It feels like such a mystery.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

pretty good but it's got some really dumb shit. Like the Golden Ratio thing is amongst the worst, likenit makes me kinda cringe. Also the whole indenity of thencorpse thing. Still D4C and Love Train are dope as fuck

Also what's the general consensus on Jojolion? Immediately I'm into the look and setting but I don't hear much about it. Even when SBR was running I would hear buzz about it. Is it nearing an end? How's the main antagonist? It feels like such a mystery.
A lot of jojolion is a mistery cause people either overhype/talk a goddamn lot about SBR or just don't discuss it much(since not everyone read it), but it's my favorite part after 5... don't ask about the main antagonist though

What you said in the spoilered part,
yes, i agree that thing is dumber than hamon, the snow chapter could have been solved by drawing spirals based on faces and honestly, anyone that needs to draw them as much as those two could do it without reference. I'm fine with hesus but spin is dumb

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of jojolion is a mistery cause people either overhype/talk a goddamn lot about SBR or just don't discuss it much(since not everyone read it), but it's my favorite part after 5... don't ask about the main antagonist though

What you said in the spoilered part,
yes, i agree that thing is dumber than hamon, the snow chapter could have been solved by drawing spirals based on faces and honestly, anyone that needs to draw them as much as those two could do it without reference. I'm fine with hesus but spin is dumb
Indeed

I mean don't get wrong, I think Tusk and Gyro's balls are pretty neat, but in order to get Tusk act 4 infinite punch into infinity you had to do a perfect spin on horseback??? Like what? Taking leading with your left foot(kenshin) or Two Hands (Kenpachi) style "power ups" to another level of dumb. I still enjoy the part but it's on the weaker end. Also I just straight up miss punchy ghost.

Edit:
HE WORLD? WHAT THE FUCK?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
When they show how nature and shit all have the Golden Rectangle or whatever I kinda just laughed. Like dude, you can draw a rectangle around ANYTHING.

CosmicBolt

Self-Requested Ban
Oct 28, 2017
D4C is such a bizarre, unique and creative stand. And the design is awesome too.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Indeed

I mean don't get wrong, I think Tusk and Gyro's balls are pretty neat, but in order to get Tusk act 4 infinite punch into infinity you had to do a perfect spin on horseback??? Like what? Taking leading with your left foot(kenshin) or Two Hands (Kenpachi) style "power ups" to another level of dumb. I still enjoy the part but it's on the weaker end. Also I just straight up miss punchy ghost.

Edit:
HE WORLD? WHAT THE FUCK?
and people say it can beat GER lmao
When they show how nature and shit all have the Golden Rectangle or whatever I kinda just laughed. Like dude, you can draw a rectangle around ANYTHING.
i haven't cringed that hard since part 6...

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok done, pretty good wrap up

OF course it was DIO at the end. I like the World's softer redesign. Also, was he implying that the Johnny in his world has Star Platinum? That's neat

Deleted member 18857

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Also what's the general consensus on Jojolion? Immediately I'm into the look and setting but I don't hear much about it.
The problem is that it's partly a mystery manga (though less so recently) and to me the quality of a mystery manga hangs on the resolution. Was the mystery explained without plothole? Is it satisfying? Does it ties all lose ends?
Depending on the author, I'd be on board from the first pages (like, if it's a Togashi manga, I know the payoff will be fantastic even if it takes forever to reach there).... but in the case of post SO/SBR Araki.... he has a lot of trust to recover. Maybe the ultimate solution will be great and everything will fall in place nicely and everything will be fine.... but chances are it will be terrible and more frustrating than anything else.
Also, Jojolion forces you to accept a few things "because it's a mystery and you'll see it will make sense in the end", and I'm like.... "nah". "Nah, you lost the right to ask that from me a long time ago Hirohiko".
We'll see. Maybe the end will be good and elevate everything prior to it.

Ah, also, I find only 2 characters sympathetic. Everyone else is a different shade of asshole, including the protagonist. So it's difficult to root for anyone when these two are not around.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The problem is that it's partly a mystery manga (though less so recently) and to me the quality of a mystery manga hangs on the resolution. Was the mystery explained without plothole? Is it satisfying? Does it ties all lose ends?
Depending on the author, I'd be on board from the first pages (like, if it's a Togashi manga, I know the payoff will be fantastic even if it takes forever to reach there).... but in the case of post SO/SBR Araki.... he has a lot of trust to recover. Maybe the ultimate solution will be great and everything will fall in place nicely and everything will be fine.... but chances are it will be terrible and more frustrating than anything else.
Also, Jojolion forces you to accept a few things "because it's a mystery and you'll see it will make sense in the end", and I'm like.... "nah". "Nah, you lost the right to ask that from me a long time ago Hirohiko".
We'll see. Maybe the end will be good and elevate everything prior to it.

Ah, also, I find only 2 characters sympathetic. Everyone else is a different shade of asshole, including the protagonist. So it's difficult to root for anyone when these two are not around.
That's fair enough, I'll hold off for the time being. I was gonna say earlier that I don't think Araki is a particularly strong writer and a bit predictable. His strengths for me lay in his cool factor, designs and concepts. Agreed on Togashi as well, I already know when shit hits the fan in the succession war it'll be top tier material.

@mariiyou got me thinking about Tusk 4 and GER now. I can imagine the fuckery if the collided.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That's fair enough, I'll hold off for the time being. I was gonna say earlier that I don't think Araki is a particularly strong writer and a bit predictable. His strengths for me lay in his cool factor, designs and concepts. Agreed on Togashi as well, I already know when shit hits the fan in the succession war it'll be top tier material.

@mariiyou got me thinking about Tusk 4 and GER now. I can imagine the fuckery if the collided.
They wouldn't, giorno is faster than whatever shenanigans Johnny needs to activate that absurd spin lmao

I don't think Araki in Jojolion is that predictable, he's thrown some nice curveballs, i'm also mostly fine with his way of writing so take that in consideration when listening to my takes in Jojolion lol

He's improved a lot, and he remembers. But don't expect Togashi, cause their writing methods are polar opposites afaik

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
it is bullshit, but it's also not that simple.

the golden rectangle/ratio as a concept is about proportions, specifically the proportions that are most beautiful.

It's a cool idea that nature is full of reference points for it, and on some level actually true. (but not really)

just a fun idea to play around with

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
it is bullshit, but it's also not that simple.

the golden rectangle/ratio as a concept is about proportions, specifically the proportions that are most beautiful.

It's a cool idea that nature is full of reference points for it, and on some level actually true. (but not really)

just a fun idea to play around with
What makes me mad about it is that they said any living thing could be a reference for a rectangle, but there wasn't a living thing to draw inspiration from.
Amidst three horses
And three people
All of them brimming with life

And im pretty sure Gyro still had a couple of rectangles with him

It completely broke my suspension of disbelief and i wanna see the japanese text cause i hope it was a translation fuck up :/ but i don't think it's the case because these references i mentioned were probably used before

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
What makes me mad about it is that they said any living thing could be a reference for a rectangle, but there wasn't a living thing to draw inspiration from.
Amidst three horses
And three people
All of them brimming with life

And im pretty sure Gyro still had a couple of rectangles with him

It completely broke my suspension of disbelief and i wanna see the japanese text cause i hope it was a translation fuck up :/ but i don't think it's the case because these references i mentioned were probably used before
remember: horses and other living things don't form the rectangle unless they're moving in their most ideal natural "free" state. and gyro's belt is an imitation of the original "true" rectangle, not the original shape itself.

its all bullshit, but its some of the most fun bullshit in jojo. I hope a new similarly ridiculous "technique" is the focus of part 9

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
remember: horses and other living things don't form the rectangle unless they're moving in their most ideal natural "free" state. and gyro's belt is an imitation of the original "true" rectangle, not the original shape itself.

its all bullshit, but its some of the most fun bullshit in jojo. I hope a new similarly ridiculous "technique" is the focus of part 9
I totally get jojo bullshit but not this kind of bullshi thatt contradicts its own rules... araki better stick to soft magic systems, his attempts at making a hard one are still pretty raw xp

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just mean if they did. Immovable object vs unstoppable force essentially.

I totally get jojo bullshit but not this kind of bullshi thatt contradicts its own rules... araki better stick to soft magic systems, his attempts at making a hard one are still pretty raw xp
How I feel

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Ok done, pretty good wrap up

OF course it was DIO at the end. I like the World's softer redesign. Also, was he implying that the Johnny in his world has Star Platinum? That's neat
Nah, Tusk Act 4's spin is implied to be able to move within the frozen time like Star Platinum. Tusk only moves a little bit during the time stop and might have been able to move freely if the fight went on long enough. It kind of makes sense since the infinite spin can also travel between universes.

It's got at least another 30 chapters left in it, if not more. It seems like we're about to get to the equivalent of the D4C arc, but Araki might decide to abruptly change the part's pace knowing his writing for this part.

It's pretty good overall, like most jojo. It has its ups and downs, and Araki has either abandoned a few earlier elements of the overarching mystery or is saving them for later. The Jojo is pretty fun at least, and I feel like a lot of the stuff he does will reach even higher meme status once part 8 finishes. Some of his actions are definitely on the "whackier" side of the Jojo scale.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, Tusk Act 4's spin is implied to be able to move within the frozen time like Star Platinum. Tusk only moves a little bit during the time stop and might have been able to move freely if the fight went on long enough. It kind of makes sense since the infinite spin can also travel between universes.

It's got at least another 30 chapters left in it, if not more. It seems like we're about to get to the equivalent of the D4C arc, but Araki might decide to abruptly change the part's pace knowing his writing for this part.

It's pretty good overall, like most jojo. It has its ups and downs, and Araki has either abandoned a few earlier elements of the overarching mystery or is saving them for later. The Jojo is pretty fun at least, and I feel like a lot of the stuff he does will reach even higher meme status once part 8 finishes. Some of his actions are definitely on the "whackier" side of the Jojo scale.
Part 8 has so many memorable memes...
Every chapter has a new one i swear.

Tree lamborghini <3