• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

WHERE'S DA FUCKING POSING?!!!!!!
Du_4ZWeUUAIQ3_G.jpg

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
It's worth noting that this is a test animation that was shown as a preview in 2004, the final 2007 movie that never got released ended up using none of this footage.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Jotaro's scream of anguish when he sees the knives heading towards Jolyne is going to be an even bigger gut punch when it's voice acted. It's unique among all the jotaro moments imo, because he's not just angry, he's also genuinely afraid and in despair, because he knows she'll die anyways if he doesn't also kill Pucci.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Jotaro's scream of anguish when he sees the knives heading towards Jolyne is going to be an even bigger gut punch when it's voice acted. It's unique among all the jotaro moments imo, because he's not just angry, he's also genuinely afraid and in despair, because he knows she'll die anyways if he doesn't also kill Pucci.
Also realizing he threw away all the years he could have spent with her for nothing

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Also realizing he threw away all the years he could have spent with her for nothing
part 6 did a good job of confronting the sometimes thoughtless nature jotaro has and making it not always work out for him. Even though he's not there for most of it, it gives him a lot of extra depth, even more than he got in p4.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
part 6 did a good job of confronting the sometimes thoughtless nature jotaro has and making it not always work out for him. Even though he's not there for most of it, it gives him a lot of extra depth, even more than he got in p4.
it makes me pretty sad he needed 2 parts to have any development, considering the ride part 3 was

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
it makes me pretty sad he needed 2 parts to have any development, considering the ride part 3 was
Part 1 and 2 also traded on the same kind of iconic but fairly shallow character archetypes. It felt like an intentional part of the style. I'd say part 4 was the turning point in a lot of ways, where you got more depth brought out of both surviving past protagonists. I think Araki himself said part 4 was the start of him getting away from larger than life iconic figures and trying to make a more human protagonist in Josuke, and I feel like that bled over to the cameos in the part.

I don't consider it a shame, just an indication of the changing priorities and tone the series has had. A different author might have started a new series to get away from the apparent disparity between parts, but Araki really does just embrace it. Steel Ball Run isn't a reset to get away from classic Jojo, but to have a less cluttered canvas to play with the same ideas and characters.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Part 1 and 2 also traded on the same kind of iconic but fairly shallow character archetypes. It felt like an intentional part of the style. I'd say part 4 was the turning point in a lot of ways, where you got more depth brought out of both surviving past protagonists. I think Araki himself said part 4 was the start of him getting away from larger than life iconic figures and trying to make a more human protagonist in Josuke, and I feel like that bled over to the cameos in the part.

I don't consider it a shame, just an indication of the changing priorities and tone the series has had. A different author might have started a new series to get away from the apparent disparity between parts, but Araki really does just embrace it. Steel Ball Run isn't a reset to get away from classic Jojo, but to have a less cluttered canvas to play with the same ideas and characters.
Araki doesn't like going back to fix things, so i guess keeping stuff in the same series is fitting, I say it's a shame because we gotta watch jotaro coming back for 2-3 parts when some cooler jojos will never be seen again, hell, i wanted to see don giovanna and at least know how josuke's going to be when he grows up but we won't get that. I'm biased cause I don't really like Jotaro though

Quantum Leap

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Barely started watching it and Speedwagon is something else
25t9kL6.jpg

Edit: Okay on episode 9 now and the narration (by Dio) is getting ridiculous, it does all the thinking for you.

Last edited:

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
End to the Aisho fight was dope, also we have a stand called Doobie.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Finished Part 3 and it definitely improves towards the end, though I still think I prefer Parts 1 and 2 over it.

Wasn't so much of a fan of
Jotaro just suddenly turning out to have the exact same abilities as Dio having demonstrated no such power before.

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017
Ok started Part 4 and it's almost immediately given me a huge reason to dislike it.

Joseph having an affair? What the fuck? That seems like the kind of thing he'd beat someone's arse for

Lagamorph

Wrong About Chicken
Oct 26, 2017

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Its just me or latter Rohan OVA looks even better than p5 anime.

Im down with this if thats their idea for p7-8 artstyle

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of, I love (Jojolion spoilers)
Jobin's design, I've only his stand once but looks cool(hot). I feel like he's a red herring the big bad but I guess I'll see.(only ch.50)

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can't believe that stand wasn't called
Mo' money, Mo' problems. Come on.

AoM

Oct 31, 2017
Oh, forgot to post this thought I had while going through Part 6.

I'd seen Anasui mentioned a couple of times along with Pucci, so I thought Jolyne was going to reject him in the end and then he would team up with Pucci lol.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Ya know when the part 6 anime gets announced
Thread title should include 'Florida Woman Weaponizes Knitting Wool'

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Oh, forgot to post this thought I had while going through Part 6.

I'd seen Anasui mentioned a couple of times along with Pucci, so I thought Jolyne was going to reject him in the end and then he would team up with Pucci lol.
This would fit the character so much better o- o

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Blue Hawaii is pretty sick, wonder what movie Araki had finished watching ☺️

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
0FtLUe4.jpg

Finally Part 2 Volume 4 arrived. >.<
Panini, at least here in Brazil, is so awful with release dates, this was supposed to release in July according to their checklist, it released on September! If it followed the schedule we would be getting Part 3 by now. T-T (So fucking expensive too)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
0FtLUe4.jpg

Finally Part 2 Volume 4 arrived. >.<
Panini, at least here in Brazil, is so awful with release dates, this was supposed to release in July according to their checklist, it released on September! If it followed the schedule we would be getting Part 3 by now. T-T (So fucking expensive too)
Bought mine today too lol

I need to buy PB3 and BT 1-3... i had bought PB3 but amazon wrecked it and the cover quality is so bad any little hit ruins it :/

They want a monthly schedule for SDC, at that price i say they're madmen.

MechaJackie

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Bought mine today too lol

I need to buy PB3 and BT 1-3... i had bought PB3 but amazon wrecked it and the cover quality is so bad any little hit ruins it :/

They want a monthly schedule for SDC, at that price i say they're madmen.
Wow, at least monthly we would get to the good stuff faster, if they actually kept up with the schedule and wouldn't skip months, which they will. (Buying Berserk and Vagabond monthly was a bigger pain in the ass than it ever should be)
And yeah, that price is nuts, if it at least had the modern redrawn covers that the American release got (which look super nice) I would be a little more forgiving of it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, at least monthly we would get to the good stuff faster, if they actually kept up with the schedule and wouldn't skip months, which they will. (Buying Berserk and Vagabond monthly was a bigger pain in the ass than it ever should be)
And yeah, that price is nuts, if it at least had the modern redrawn covers that the American release got (which look super nice) I would be a little more forgiving of it.
I really like the mexican covers they used though, makes the series classy without having uncanny valley characters... part one folks in jojolion style feels so wrong(beautiful but wrong)

Monthly is pain, i already buy 4 series from them... and i may or may not work at their competition so it HURTS o- o

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Blue Hawaii is pretty sick, wonder what movie Araki had finished watching ☺️
Probably something like It Follows or any number of classic zombie movies.

I should really get around to trying to reread Jojolion again, maybe skipping right to Born this Way. I remember disliking this fight, even though the concept of Highway Star crossed with Justice seemed interesting at first. The cliffhanger ending of the penultimate chapter ended up being completely pointless.

It's also hard to believe that the Blue Hawaii chapters were released in late 2016 to spring 2017.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I dont really remember a fight in jojolion i disliked... that shit has a nice mix of part 4 silly with part 5 high stakes

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably something like It Follows or any number of classic zombie movies.

I should really get around to trying to reread Jojolion again, maybe skipping right to Born this Way. I remember disliking this fight, even though the concept of Highway Star crossed with Justice seemed interesting at first. The cliffhanger ending of the penultimate chapter ended up being completely pointless.

It's also hard to believe that the Blue Hawaii chapters were released in late 2016 to spring 2017.
Oh yea I know, was being cheeky.

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He really couldn't help doing it to another dog? Jesus.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I looked up the mozzarella song and realized that people think Johnny is being sarcastic when he stonefacedly approves of Gyro's jokes.

I always got the impression that Johnny is just a deeply weird man who literally just reacts that way when he hears something funny that he likes.

what say you?

I think its less funny if he's just humoring him