• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jobin a fucking savage, that was awesome
Finally caught up, easily my favorite part and it's just been getting better

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo, I really love Jobin guys. He be on his Walter White shit.

Also, let's be real. Paper moon is kinda op espeically since stands are a bit more grounded. Also what happened to Plunder? Classic Araki or sm I missing something?

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yo, I really love Jobin guys. He be on his Walter White shit.

Also, let's be real. Paper moon is kinda op espeically since stands are a bit more grounded. Also what happened to Plunder? Classic Araki or sm I missing something?
Man araki remembered ojiro, he never forgets now

Also Jobin being walter white is awesome but Caato is definitely some Gemma Teller figure(Sons of anarchy, look that shit up)

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
The worst thing about Jojolion is the monthly schedule. It's soooo good, but man these waits are painful.

I mentioned this before, but here's my guess at roughly how the events directly leading up the harvest are gonna go:
-Come the day of the harvest, Gappy will have started to catch on to Jobin, and in turn Jobin will begin plotting to make the first move and kill Gappy before he can interfere with the harvest.

-This will cause Tsurugi to realize that his dad might be the bad guy after all. An argument will break out between them, with Jobin totally freaking out because he's kinda screwed if Tsurugi turns on him, and it'll end with Paper Moon King bugging out and killing Jobin on accident.

-Tsurugi calls Caato and tells her everything, figuring that she's the only other person he can trust since she was on Jobin's side. Caato tells him to hide the body until she arrives, leading to that flashforward we saw of Norisuke's corpse, but it's actually Jobin's body under the effects of Paper Moon King to help with hiding it or something.

-Caato buries herself in the Wall Eyes along with Jobin's corpse, hoping to revive him.

-Resurrected Jobin then becomes our proper final boss. The equivalent exchange process messes with his head and makes him more unhinged, and Speed King fuses with Caato's Stand, creating a new Stand that has the appearance and wildly overpowered ability of a true final boss Stand.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
The worst thing about Jojolion is the monthly schedule. It's soooo good, but man these waits are painful.

I mentioned this before, but here's my guess at roughly how the events directly leading up the harvest are gonna go:
-Come the day of the harvest, Gappy will have started to catch on to Jobin, and in turn Jobin will begin plotting to make the first move and kill Gappy before he can interfere with the harvest.

-This will cause Tsurugi to realize that his dad might be the bad guy after all. An argument will break out between them, with Jobin totally freaking out because he's kinda screwed if Tsurugi turns on him, and it'll end with Paper Moon King bugging out and killing Jobin on accident.

-Tsurugi calls Caato and tells her everything, figuring that she's the only other person he can trust since she was on Jobin's side. Caato tells him to hide the body until she arrives, leading to that flashforward we saw of Norisuke's corpse, but it's actually Jobin's body under the effects of Paper Moon King to help with hiding it or something.

-Caato buries herself in the Wall Eyes along with Jobin's corpse, hoping to revive him.

-Resurrected Jobin then becomes our proper final boss. The equivalent exchange process messes with his head and makes him more unhinged, and Speed King fuses with Caato's Stand, creating a new Stand that has the appearance and wildly overpowered ability of a true final boss Stand.
How did i miss this? I kinda like it a lot

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
They better making the crew says fuck every 5 second in p6 anime, its only made sense for floridan degenerates

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
They better making the crew says fuck every 5 second in p6 anime, its only made sense for floridan degenerates
its a much darker part (despite part 5 already being the darkest one previously), they might as well go in on the profanity since the visuals will affect where it can be aired anyways.

plus it just keeps escalating, they'll have to embrace it at some point

Lulu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on a Jojo high, wish there were some games on PC

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
The only developer I trust to make a good Jojo fighting game is ArcSystemWorks but they're too busy with a bunch of other shit to get one any time soon.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Honestly with the Rohan OVAs coming this year not next, anyone else have a feeling Part 6 will be annouced in Summer 2020?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Would be a perfect way to end the year

But i also kinda wish they give it as much care as 5 got :(
Honestly i expect the amount of time between 5 and 6 will be shorter mostly because it's likely the animation style will be similar to Part 5 and David Production are considerably less busy even with Fire Force.

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If the turnaround is that fast, I imagine it'll be the Diamond is Unbreakable director, Toshiyuki Kato, overseeing production (since he's been done with Captain Tsubasa since April).

We know he's expressed interest in continuing his work on JoJo; he said in an interview during Diamond is Unbreakable's airing that he was looking forward to adapting JoJolion. I could see a scenario in which he directs Stone Ocean, the Golden Wind directors get Steel Ball Run, and he returns for JoJolion—with Naokatsu Tsuda continuing to be the one common factor between every season.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
If the turnaround is that fast, I imagine it'll be the Diamond is Unbreakable director, Toshiyuki Kato, overseeing production (since he's been done with Captain Tsubasa since April).

We know he's expressed interest in continuing his work on JoJo; he said in an interview during Diamond is Unbreakable's airing that he was looking forward to adapting JoJolion. I could see a scenario in which he directs Stone Ocean, then the Golden Wind directors get Steel Ball Run, and then he returns for JoJolion—with Naokatsu Tsuda continuing to be the one common factor between every season.
I wished there it was a woman directing this part but idk if DP has any xP could really help with stuff like handling Annasui >_>

I'd rather have part 5's director than 4's though, we need a good pacing to help stone ocean shine and part 4's.... :/

I'd have 4's art director though if they give them the time to work and polish like 5 had D:

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather have part 5's director than 4's though, we need a good pacing to help stone ocean shine and part 4's.... :/

Have to disagree. What he did with the July 15th arc was the most creatively interesting decision anyone has made in directing JoJo so far. It was truly marvelous and elevated material that, quite frankly, seemed like padding in the manga. (In fact, I get the feeling Araki agrees. This "countdown to the harvest" arc in JoJolion feels like it's taking cues from the July 15th arc.)

Besides where it condensed things a little too much—specifically with respect to adapting six-chapter arcs in one episode, which only happened three times—I still think it's the best directed JoJo anime.

Edit: Also, don't forget that Diamond is Unbreakable is 18 and a half volumes compared to Golden Wind's 16 and a half and Stone Ocean's 17. Of course there were going to be issues trying to make all three fit neatly into the same 39-episode format. If Kato directs Stone Ocean, I seriously doubt he'll run into the same issues he did with his Diamond is Unbreakable adaptation.

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
I want Female director if possible... either promising talent on david pro rank or veteran freelance.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Have to disagree. What he did with the July 15th arc was the most creatively interesting decision anyone has made in directing JoJo so far. It was truly marvelous and elevated material that, quite frankly, seemed like padding in the manga. (In fact, I get the feeling Araki agrees. This "countdown to the harvest" arc in JoJolion feels like it's taking cues from the July 15th arc.)

Besides where it condensed things a little too much—specifically with respect to adapting six-chapter arcs in one episode, which only happened three times—I still think it's the best directed JoJo anime.

Edit: Also, don't forget that Diamond is Unbreakable was 18 and a half volumes compared to Golden Wind's 16 and a half and Stone Ocean's 17. Of course there were going to be issues trying to make all three fit neatly into the same 39-episode format. If Kato handled Stone Ocean, I seriously doubt that the few issues with his Diamond is Unbreakable adaptation would reoccur.
Idk, part 4 feels like a lot of filler and very slow until the RHCP arc finally starts and ends... i love the endgame of it but i'd rather have something consistently good, specially when part 6's quality is so damn uneven, we need someone to make the part more consistent, and not accentuate the gap between its highs and lows

Granted, i've only watched the anime so my view of part 4's pacing is that of someone that haven't seen the worst of it

Edit:When i say filler i mean good filler, i loved it but some of my friends dreaded the part for how much they teased kira x how long it took for hin to show up. I've heard some of josuke's developtment through the part was a bit toned down, making it harder to see how these episodes helped in the final fight, something that would've helped with the issue i mentioned :/(but again, all i know is what people said around here so you can correct me if needed

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Idk, part 4 feels like a lot of filler and very slow until the RHCP arc finally starts and ends... i love the endgame of it but i'd rather have something consistently good, specially when part 6's quality is so damn uneven, we need someone to make the part more consistent, and not accentuate the gap between its highs and lows

Granted, i've only watched the anime so my view of part 4's pacing is that of someone that haven't seen the worst of it
How thats on the director btw? Its the content.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Edit:When i say filler i mean good filler, i loved it but some of my friends dreaded the part for how much they teased kira x how long it took for hin to show up. I've heard some of josuke's developtment through the part was a bit toned down, making it harder to see how these episodes helped in the final fight, something that would've helped with the issue i mentioned :/(but again, all i know is what people said around here so you can correct me if needed

I assure you, Josuke's development wasn't toned down. There is one scene missing from the Superfly arc that has significance later on, in the fight against Kira, but that's it. Everything else that was cut was comedic in nature, and would've amounted to 7, maybe 8 minutes of additional content (over the whole part). Nothing major is missing. It's just another example of fans blowing things out of proportion.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I assure you, Josuke's development wasn't toned down. There is one scene missing from the Superfly arc that has significance later on, in the fight against Kira, but that's it. Everything else that was cut was comedic in nature, and it would've amounted to 7, maybe 8 minutes of additional content (over the whole part). Nothing major is missing. It's just another example of fans blowing things out of proportion.
Nice, i plan on reading it once/if brazil ever gets past SDC

But idk i liked so much what they did to part 5... i just want 6 to get the same kind of love, i'm scared af they might half ass it because it's unpopular, when it actually needs the extra love to shine :/

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
curious what the musical style will be for 6. they could go for like more punk or metal, or perhaps lean into the dance music angle even more.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

Best of both worlds?

that'd def be a fitting ed for the back half, but ever since part 5 ive actually been much more interested in the OST. that's the part im trying to predict. they always have really hyper-modern dance music influences (even part 1) but I'm curious about how jolyne and the other characters' aggressive attitude will be portrayed through their themes. lots of different types of aggressive rock offshoots.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
that'd def be a fitting ed for the back half, but ever since part 5 ive actually been much more interested in the OST. that's the part im trying to predict. they always have really hyper-modern dance music influences (even part 1) but I'm curious about how jolyne and the other characters' aggressive attitude will be portrayed through their themes. lots of different types of aggressive rock offshoots.
I'd say some heavier rocks and it needs something that says "florida" about it, there's a fan rendition of jolyne's theme that you may like if you're looking for dancing tunes:

I like it because it's 2000's af... VA didnt really need mych 90's influences on it because mafia with heavy religious themes required more orchestra-based stuff, but i'd like something more modern for SO, digging down in that "turn of the century" feel from the time it came out.

That's the major reason why i want "virtual insanity" playing on that xD

I think of Pearl Jam's "do the evolution" too but it's too heavy imo

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still think No Doubt Spider Webs for first part and then Limahl's Never Ending Story starting with Bohemian Rhapsody.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the verses on Golden Wind tracks were pretty fire (as was Canzoni Preferite in general) so i'd be down. They've gotta have jolyne's theme reference jotaro's tho, so it's gotta have SOME rock influence

EDIT: random aside, I read Over Heaven. I continue to feel like none of the light novels really add something that feels like a complete chapter in the series. (except for Purple Haze) The only part that really stood out to me as something I'm going to actually consider as part of the canon is the explanation for how Dio survived. It's much more fitting for Erina's character than Jorge Joestar's version of it.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Some of the verses on Golden Wind tracks were pretty fire (as was Canzoni Preferite in general) so i'd be down. They've gotta have jolyne's theme reference jotaro's tho, so it's gotta have SOME rock influence

EDIT: random aside, I read Over Heaven. I continue to feel like none of the light novels really add something that feels like a complete chapter in the series. (except for Purple Haze) The only part that really stood out to me as something I'm going to actually consider as part of the canon is the explanation for how Dio survived. It's much more fitting for Erina's character than Jorge Joestar's version of it.
All themes post part 3 reference jotaro's. It's the jojo's leitmotif

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
All themes post part 3 reference jotaro's. It's the jojo's leitmotif
that should probably change in part 7, come to think of it.

and yeah, i was just saying the reference should probably be more overt than usual.

---
another random aside: i think we should stop saying "araki forgot" and start saying "araki got bored of this"

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
that should probably change in part 7, come to think of it.

and yeah, i was just saying the reference should probably be more overt than usual.

---
another random aside: i think we should stop saying "araki forgot" and start saying "araki got bored of this"
For jojolion fans the phrase goes "araki remembers"

New leitmotiff for part 7 should reference jesus

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For jojolion fans the phrase goes "araki remembers"

Nah, he still gets bored and drops plot points, sometimes outright retconning them—even in JoJolion (Yotsuyu being the one who murdered Kira and Josefumi, the secret room in the Higashikata basement that had a bunch of weird, random stuff in it, etc.). Araki's pretty damn good at remembering things. He always has been. The "problem" (I personally don't see it as a problem, as long as he gracefully course corrects) is he doesn't care about changing things midstream if he's bored with the direction of the plot, or thinks of something better.

Edit: But you are right—he has done better with JoJolion, which is why it's already one of my favorite parts.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Nah, he still gets bored and drops plot points, sometimes outright retconning them—even in JoJolion (Yotsuyu being the one who murdered Kira and Josefumi, the secret room in the Higashikata basement that had a bunch of weird, random stuff in it, etc.). Araki's pretty damn good at remembering things. He always has been. The "problem" (I personally don't see it as a problem, as long as he gracefully course corrects) is he doesn't care about changing things midstream if he's bored with the direction of the plot, or thinks of something better.

Edit: But you are right—he has done better with JoJolion, which is why it's already one of my favorite parts.
You answered your own remark lol

I'm fine with stuff being dropped, at least in jojo it has good reasons to

That's what I presume got him to leave it as "Mothaphukka" in Vento Aureo during the Black Sabbath fight, which...also couldn't make it in for obvious reasons lol
I love silent, cool powers act 2, can't we keep it? He even made it to sbr

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I know lol

I wasn't really disagreeing with you, just stating that he's still not perfect at plotting things in advance.
No he's not, but im so proud he's untangling his own knots <3

If i need perfection i go for fma or hxh *shrug* jojo's missteps are part of the beauty of it

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
dropping plot points is good. why should everything be important? this is one of the reasons jojo appeals to me where most anime does not. in many cases it contributes to the kind of literary quality jojo has.

---

i have seen ocean man suggested for part 6's ed, but would it not better suit part 8? both in subject matter and tone. yes, i know, jotaro, but that's a rather loose connection seeing as he is not the main character.