• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
The doctor looks pretty cool, even if he does kind of remind me of an elderly Wekapipo. It's mainly because of his rock hair.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really want them to have Tooru be a normal ass dude that gets dragged into this (and brutally killed off), not enough of those characters in this series.

Head Doc kinda looks like old Speedwagon at first glance lmao

Gappy's speech sounded familiar and I couldn't figure out why until I saw someone compare it to "My name is Yoshikage Kira" and goddamn that's a neat parallel, especially if Gappy gets close to the doc using...an ambulance...

Last edited:

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Really enjoyed the chat Josuke and Rai had in the car. Liked seeing those old names pop up. Also, it's kinda crazy how much Rai cares about Josuke even though it feels like they haven't been together for that long. Nice to see the Dr's face. Hopefully we can finally get details on his motives.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Head doc's stand seems kinda OP, do we think it's the same stand that just appeared in the car?

Tooru and Jobin are some real wild cards, head doc is definitely getting dealtwoth before these two but then what?

Also dumb question but where does the nickname gappy come from?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
interesting chapter, curious as to how its all gonna play out

good ideas by josuke

the doctors stand is kind of wild

why can raindrops hurt josuke like that? none of the other collisions caused that much damage did they? or does the damage increase with each collision?

Thuddert

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Still don't trust Tooru.
Why does he have a photo of the head doctor and Mitsuba? Where's the photo of them together?

And maybe I'm getting stuck in this viewpoint but did they ever appear together? I call shenanigans.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
I read a very interesting theory (that some of you may know, I have no idea how common it is) that
Tsurugi is both Tooru and the head Doctor, and that they all exist at the same time. Its possible that over time Paper Moon King evolves into whatever the head doctors stand is now. It also kind of would explain why Tooru had that photo, and Tsurugi also has a crush on Yasuho...idk I kind of believe it.

there's definitely a better write up/video about this, but I think it's possible

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I read a very interesting theory (that some of you may know, I have no idea how common it is) that
Tsurugi is both Tooru and the head Doctor, and that they all exist at the same time. Its possible that over time Paper Moon King evolves into whatever the head doctors stand is now. It also kind of would explain why Tooru had that photo, and Tsurugi also has a crush on Yasuho...idk I kind of believe it.

there's definitely a better write up/video about this, but I think it's possible
Wouldn't that mean
tsurugi is the bad guy?

Deleted member 6026

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of that theory.

Tsurugi, Tooru and Akefu all being the same person would feel like too much of a retread of what happened with Funny Valentine, with him dimension-hopping and replacing himself (except with Tsurugi's other selves not only being from different dimensions, but different time periods as well). Plus, how would Tsurugi even pull something like that off? His current power seems to alter someone's perception of reality (which is a logical evolution of what Paper Moon King was able to do before), whereas Akefu's/Tooru's power—if Rai is correct—is to cause collisions with his pursuers. They're not at all similar, and neither of them are time or space-based.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Not a fan of that theory.

Tsurugi, Tooru and Akefu all being the same person would feel like too much of a retread of what happened with Funny Valentine, with him dimension-hopping and replacing himself (except with Tsurugi's other selves not only being from different dimensions, but different time periods as well). Plus, how would Tsurugi even pull something like that off? His current power seems to alter someone's perception of reality (which is a logical evolution of what Paper Moon King was able to do before), whereas Akefu's/Tooru's power—if Rai is correct—is to cause collisions with his pursuers. They're not at all similar, and neither of them are time or space-based.
people got hurt by hitting stuff because of Taurugi's illusions, aside from the rain, you could associate the "bumping" into things to just not seeing them until they hit...they could be part of the same power, it was also alluded that he'd get a power up, but idk if i want a time breach(not a dimension breach)

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
people got hurt by hitting stuff because of Taurugi's illusions, aside from the rain, you could associate the "bumping" into things to just not seeing them until they hit...they could be part of the same power, it was also alluded that he'd get a power up, but idk if i want a time breach(not a dimension breach)

But whenever Tsurugi's targets bumped into things before, it was because their perception of reality had been altered, changing how they interact with their surroundings (like when Aisho walked in front of the bus that he thought was Jobin). It was always a consequence of Paper Moon King's power, not a direct result of it.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
But whenever Tsurugi's targets bumped into things before, it was because their perception of reality had been altered, changing how they interact with their surroundings (like when Aisho walked in front of the bus that he thought was Jobin). It was always a consequence of Paper Moon King's power, not a direct result of it.
He is a very young kid, and until araki says "no" stands can still evolve, i wouldnt rule that out for how similar they are

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i feel like it's overwhelmingly obvious that Dangerous Pursuit (or whatever) is Tooru's stand. even putting aside all the reasons that would make sense, its eyes have the same pattern as part of his shirt. what's not clear is if he's actually trying to help while unconsciously attacking them at the same time, or if he's playing some high stakes strategy because he knows his power is so strong he can afford to give them clues.

Deleted member 6026

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i feel like it's overwhelmingly obvious that Dangerous Pursuit (or whatever) is Tooru's stand. even putting aside all the reasons that would make sense, its eyes have the same pattern as part of his shirt. what's not clear is if he's actually trying to help while unconsciously attacking them at the same time, or if he's playing some high stakes strategy because he knows his power is so strong he can afford to give them clues.

Oh, for sure. As you said, the similarities in their designs make it glaringly obvious. Even if Akefu is a real person—which, after this chapter, does appear to be the case—The Wonder of You (if that's the Stand's name, as the last volume seems to indicate) has to belong to Tooru. I'm thinking he can make it so that it activates when a specific target is pursued (similar to Bites the Dust).

The big question now is if Akefu is in on it, or if he's a giant red herring. Before, I thought he was either an illusion created by The Wonder of You to lure people into a pursuit, or an unwitting "carrier" of the Stand itself, but now, after seeing his design... I don't know. That doesn't seem like a throwaway design to me; he definitely looks like a Rock Human.

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I started listening to the actual album The Gold Experience and the opener song just kind of validates the use of freek'n you for me, lol

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
esJAnJS.jpg

It would've been wild had the Pillar Men been in the JoJo fighter @_@

EDOT: lmao at the turtle.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I always thought Enya should have been playable as a summoner, but I never thought Justice could have been that too, or at least a puppeteer...
After all the crazy character archetypes Blazblue has been creating for the last 10 years, I'd love to see a serious fighting game studio (not CC2) have another shoot at Jojo to make it one of the most confusing and complex fighting games in the world.

And sell 10 copies.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I always thought Enya should have been playable as a summoner, but I never thought Justice could have been that too, or at least a puppeteer...
After all the crazy character archetypes Blazblue has been creating for the last 10 years, I'd love to see a serious fighting game studio (not CC2) have another shoot at Jojo to make it one of the most confusing and complex fighting games in the world.

And sell 10 copies.
a jojo game that would sell well and be cool at the same time: open world in a major city, jotaro between part 5 and 6, hunting down remnants of dio's organization.

just go full superhero with it: star platinum-enhanced jumping and traversal like in the dio fight. star platinum is a relatively simple stand to get, and time stop perfectly fits video game mechanics.

plus ud get to fill in new story stuff that didnt exist before and create new stands rather than coming up with excuses for the previous ones to all fight

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
No, no he doesn't.
At least not as much as any jojo after himminus johnny
he fits the necessary requirements for an easily understandable premise for a game and a space within the universe that was roughly sketched out but never explored.

separately from that i also happen to think he rules. its ok if you dont!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
he fits the necessary requirements for an easily understandable premise for a game and a space within the universe that was roughly sketched out but never explored.

separately from that i also happen to think he rules. its ok if you dont!
He's overused, we need more giorno and josuke in media u-u jolyne can fit the bill much better than her dad too... imo the other jojos are criminally undersed and im still not over what they did to my golden boy in EoH

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love Johnny, playing a paraplegic in a fighting game was a great novelty. In a more open world game, the concept of "I can shoot holes and then my hand can go into the holes to shoot at things from a different direction" is eminently adaptable to exploration games in big areas (think any FPS where you can set up turrets). Though you'd be tied up to your horse, which would limit verticality.
Giorno would be busted. Not sure how you give him enough Giorno-ness, without breaking the immersion "why can I transform this thing but not that thing?". He would probably need a partner to be more grounded (and probably also to keep him on check, because there's nothing scarier than a Giorno 1-on-1 that's angry at you and who doesn't have to keep up his cover of being an innocent newbie).
Jolyne would be a bit complicated, since she's super versatile but also close range or turning her into Spiderman. Difficult to adapt without making what makes her good (on-the-spot improvisation of Stone Free) into a formulaic thing. Jôtarô has the same problem, though you can just bust him up even more (level to punch even harder).
Joseph could do more or less anything, from Uncharted to superhero games like... that game Sony did with the ugly bald guy that ended up in SFxT for some reason. In order to make a coherent game, Joseph would need to decide a powerset and stick to it, something he hasn't been really good at doing.

Basically, what I'm coming to is, the best Jojo game would be...
iu

"Press triangle to pose"

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I love Johnny, playing a paraplegic in a fighting game was a great novelty. In a more open world game, the concept of "I can shoot holes and then my hand can go into the holes to shoot at things from a different direction" is eminently adaptable to exploration games in big areas (think any FPS where you can set up turrets). Though you'd be tied up to your horse, which would limit verticality.
Giorno would be busted. Not sure how you give him enough Giorno-ness, without breaking the immersion "why can I transform this thing but not that thing?". He would probably need a partner to be more grounded (and probably also to keep him on check, because there's nothing scarier than a Giorno 1-on-1 that's angry at you and who doesn't have to keep up his cover of being an innocent newbie).
Jolyne would be a bit complicated, since she's super versatile but also close range or turning her into Spiderman. Difficult to adapt without making what makes her good (on-the-spot improvisation of Stone Free) into a formulaic thing. Jôtarô has the same problem, though you can just bust him up even more (level to punch even harder).
Joseph could do more or less anything, from Uncharted to superhero games like... that game Sony did with the ugly bald guy that ended up in SFxT for some reason. In order to make a coherent game, Joseph would need to decide a powerset and stick to it, something he hasn't been really good at doing.

Basically, what I'm coming to is, the best Jojo game would be...
iu

"Press triangle to pose"
you're basic LOL

Jonathan is the optimal answer but you could get the same game by playing any of the hokuto no ken ones
Though you would end up playing as jotaro with Jonathan's moveset inside mad max's setting :|

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
just thinking about part 6: for the adaptation they absolutely should try to fit in that narrator comment about Giorno. even though its misleading as to how the story's going to go, its a thing manga readers undoubtedly had in the backs of their minds while seeing the rest of the story, and it hammers home an important connection to part 5: that giorno was merely the first (or one of the first, havent actually done the age math) of dio's children, created for the purposes of this endgame.

its funny that that ended up being the more important thing, and the secret of requiem stands is more of an offshoot/side story, as the arrow in part 6 quickly exits the story and isnt seen again.

honestly I kind of love it, its a sense that dio's plan revolves around twisting and cheating the natural order of existence, and makes it feel more unsettling and inexplicable than if it had involved a known quantity like the arrow

Last edited:

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
capcom's dmc team should be given the rights for a jojo game. they've got an eye for stylish cinematics and with both v's summons and dante's balrog weapon they have the bones for a stand moveset. and taunting for a high score is built into the game's combat

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
you're basic LOL

Jonathan is the optimal answer but you could get the same game by playing any of the hokuto no ken ones
Though you would end up playing as jotaro with Jonathan's moveset inside mad max's setting :|
i actually think Jonathan is the worst choice just because of how thoughougly documented his every action in life was.

there's no room to say he did some stuff we didnt see, even the mopping up of stray vampires after dio's death seems implied to have been taken care of by straights and co, as he was exhausted at that point.

sure you could retell his story or make it a third alternate universe, but the former seems uninspired and the latter is a totally different thing that cant ape too much without seeming kind of pointless (see eyes of heaven)

also, stands were specifically created as one really good excuse to make the fights whatever the author wants. I don't think there's a good reason not to set a video game in an era focused on stands, what with all the bizzaro world logic games necessarily require.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I can tell you the PS2 game of Jonathan was pretty bad. How do you adapt a 5-volume manga into a game that's a dozen of hours long? By adding endless armies of street thugs, and then vampires (but who behave exactly the same as street thugs) between each story beat.
It even made Jack the Ripper into a major boss battle, as if he were as important as Tarkus and Blaford (that you battle at least 3 times?). Even useless characters like Straits and his master had a role (or maybe were playable? I can't remember).

It would be a great adaptation if the source material was good, I guess... They didn't leave a single panel unexamined, that's for sure.

BUT, one-button-posing-combo-cancel.

Deleted member 18857

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It wasn't very good when it was released almost 20 years ago. And its main draw (seeing scenes that had never been adapted and dubbed) has been erased by the TV series. So I'm not really sure what qualities it has left.
Some voice performances were very good.