• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
the best use of jonathan's story is in a raising-type of game like princess maker, long live the queen, or the eva raising games. you have everything in jonathan's life mapped out, and there's not much source material compared to what came after. so you make all sorts of alternate outcomes to the big moments and get radically different endings to jonathan's story.

Oct 25, 2017
the best use of jonathan's story is in a raising-type of game like princess maker, long live the queen, or the eva raising games. you have everything in jonathan's life mapped out, and there's not much source material compared to what came after. so you make all sorts of alternate outcomes to the big moments and get radically different endings to jonathan's story.
Jonathan actually successfully kills DIO and you get nothing afterwards.

Oct 25, 2017
i was kind of shocked at how much character development they crammed in at the end of the story for her, everything as soon as they get on the cruise ship feels like its from her perspective.

I think it works
I think this is because she's just a helpless witness at this point. She watches Jonathan die, is told to save the baby, she can't really influence most of what happens, but she survives and helps shape Joseph. It's not like she doesn't have any it's just all at the end.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
In case you missed it, it was apparently confirmed that the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe OVAs will be dubbed & that there will be some recasting.

The recast is likely for Rohan, who was voiced by Vic in Part 4. If so, I'm glad that they're dubbing the OVAs & kicking Vic to the curb.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
In case you missed it, it was apparently confirmed that the Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe OVAs will be dubbed & that there will be some recasting.

The recast is likely for Rohan, who was voiced by Vic in Part 4. If so, I'm glad that they're dubbing the OVAs & kicking Vic to the curb.

welp... i kind of wasnt too hot on his voice in the dub but this is gonna put a real sour not on it when i get around to finishing it.

---

there's something ive been thinking about for a very long time: kira makes it clear he knew about sheer heart attack ahead of time, and by extension it seems implied he's used it before. we also know that until he killed shigechi he had no idea other stand users existed.

in what possible context did kira need to use sheer heart attack against non stand users? was he cornered by an army of police officers or some shit? its such a powerful and unsubtle ability, it seems built for fighting stand users, not quietly covering up evidence or whatnot

GlassEmpires

Dec 10, 2018
Sheer Heart Attack is a more suitable power for Kira than it seems at first glance. It's a very powerful distraction. Why bother Kira when a seemingly unrelated explosion goes off nearby?

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
My girlfriend is officially into Jojo. Doesn't even watch anime but she likes the characters and how clever the fights are. She didn't take Iggy's death very well. She'll catch a break in Part 4 but I know she's gonna like Narancia and Bucciarati.

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
My girlfriend is officially into Jojo. Doesn't even watch anime but she likes the characters and how clever the fights are. She didn't think Iggy's death very well. She'll catch a break in Part 4 but I know she's gonna like Narancia and Bucciarati.
Poor girl, making the same mistakes i did on my first watch

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
how did she react to stands coming out of nowhere? the constant feeling of things being made up as they go along is what hooked me and that moment was a big part of it.

(the first time i felt this was the addition of the Ripple into the story in the form of Zeppeli, cuz based on Johnathan's first fight with vamp dio i thought he'd just be a normal guy)

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Sheer Heart Attack is a more suitable power for Kira than it seems at first glance. It's a very powerful distraction. Why bother Kira when a seemingly unrelated explosion goes off nearby?
but its activation switch isn't based on finding an isolated spot nearby, it's based on specifically tracking down heat signatures until it confirms it killed a human

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
been re-reading bits of vento aureo and comparing it to the anime, one cool thing i noticed was how in the fight with bruno and giorno, they added an extra bit of straightforward punch ghost battling solely to visually establish that sticky fingers has a higher power stat than gold experience, which is something you would have noticed just from comparing the stats on your own time in the manga. given that this is where stats were introduced, it makes sense that they would have been considered part of the storytelling and that the adaptation needs to keep in mind how to communicate that in a more tactile way.

Rocha

Jul 5, 2019
Brazil
I don't know what happened, but most of my friends are finally getting into jojo...who could have guessed that in the year of our lord 2019, jojo would become mainstream lol

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
We might be getting a dub announcement for Part 5 (probably for a Toonami premiere) at NYCC.

Might as well put in my voice cast prediction while I can.
  • Xander Mobus as Giorno
  • Ray Chase as Bruno
  • Max Mittelman as Mista
  • Erica Mendez as Narancia
  • Kaiji Tang as Abbacchio
  • Erika Harlacher as Trish
  • Aleks Le as Fugo
  • Robbie Daymond as Diavolo & Doppio

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
the fact they made english versions of both opening songs makes me feel like an english version was planned to come as soon as possible.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
if done right Stone Ocean could get a whole bunch more people in. female prison drama is a fairly popular modern premise coincidentally

Oct 25, 2017
Instead we got Anasui lol
giphy.gif

SDBurton

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got back to watching Part 5 last week and finished it on Sunday.

I forgot they did my boy Narancia like that.

Seriously can't wait for Part 6. Waited sooooooooo long for this.

Oct 25, 2017
guess is just diet foo fighters. the majority of the arc is in the prison fighting with and against mainly female opponents. it's only the endgame where anasui becomes a big deal and it's mostly male new characters.
I don't care, I thought Guess was great and wanted more of her, she's also a lot crazier than FF the dynamic with her could've been different. Also FF had a garbage tier stand power a lot of the non Jolyne fights weren't that good with the exception being Hermes vs Limp Bizkit.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I don't care, I thought Guess was great and wanted more of her, she's also a lot crazier than FF the dynamic with her could've been different. Also FF had a garbage tier stand power a lot of the non Jolyne fights weren't that good with the exception being Hermes vs Limp Bizkit.
i disagree! FF's magic healing finger gun rules, and her fight against Pucci and Dragon's Dream (which i know everyone hates for some reason) was great. Guess dropping out of the story was funny, I appreciate that Jolyne was just like "nah, you're not going to be my friend". gotta break the trend eventually.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Can't wait to see their reactions when they reach best's boy and best mom deaths.
Meanwhile im waiting for my friend to meet aerosmith
guess is just diet foo fighters. the majority of the arc is in the prison fighting with and against mainly female opponents. it's only the endgame where anasui becomes a big deal and it's mostly male new characters.
guess is a crazy bitch, she's not like foo fighters at all lol

I can see her being like, unlikely ally or a total troll, she's a wildcard and having more of her could have been very fun

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Meanwhile im waiting for my friend to meet aerosmith

guess is a crazy bitch, she's not like foo fighters at all lol

I can see her being like, unlikely ally or a total troll, she's a wildcard and having more of her could have been very fun
Guess is weird and doesnt understand social cues plus she is a bad person. Foo fighters is weird and doesn't understand social cues and is the best joe-hoe.

Guess could have been fun, but i don't really care that she didn't end up being important.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
Guess is weird and doesnt understand social cues plus she is a bad person. Foo fighters is weird and doesn't understand social cues and is the best joe-hoe.

Guess could have been fun, but i don't really care that she didn't end up being important.
Ff has a huge character trait that is not being human and having to learn human things

That's sort of a big deal

Meanwhile guess knows all the rules and chooses not to use it

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Ff has a huge personality changing trait that is not being human and having to learn human things

That's sort of a big deal

Meanwhile guess knows all the rules and chooses not to use it
eh, not necessarily. people don't usually choose to come off as weird or creepy or overstep boundaries. ff just has a different reason for why she's like that (being not human vs being a jerk)

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
eh, not necessarily. people don't usually choose to come off as weird or creepy or overstep boundaries. ff just has a different reason for why she's like that (being not human vs being a jerk)
Imagine how cool would be seeing those two interact: ff wants to learn stuff and guess teaching her all wrong

Some chappie stuff lol

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Oh sure, i'm thinking about a no anasui yes guess scenario though
if guess were replacing anasui she would just be retconned to be a man like he was and you'd feel the same way about her you do about him bc the dynamic would be the same.

A thing I was considering in a post people talked about on reddit:

What if the anime just said fuck it and went with Anasui's original design. AKA a woman. helps reduce the diavolo comparisons especially if they go with blue hair, and no one gives a shit about characters being gay anymore except assholes.
27nk860r6uj31.jpg
(https://www.reddit.com/r/StardustCrusaders/comments/cxzr0q/whos_excited_for_stone_ocean_i_know_i_am_ʖ_anasui/)
^seems like a pretty good concept for how his later design could merge with his former one^

Last edited:

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
if guess were replacing anasui she would just be retconned to be a man like he was and you'd feel the same way about her you do about him bc the dynamic would be the same.

A thing I was considering in a post people talked about on reddit:

What if the anime just said fuck it and went with Anasui's original design. AKA a woman. helps reduce the diavolo comparisons especially if they go with blue hair, and no one gives a shit about characters being gay anymore except assholes.
27nk860r6uj31.jpg
(https://www.reddit.com/r/StardustCrusaders/comments/cxzr0q/whos_excited_for_stone_ocean_i_know_i_am_ʖ_anasui/)
^seems like a pretty good concept for how his later design could merge with his former one^
But my problem with anasui is he being a toxic alpha male that presumes jolyne has the duty to respond to his romantic advances and guess isn't into jolyne so that issue wouldn't exist :|

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
But my problem with anasui is he being a toxic alpha male that presumes jolyne has the duty to respond to his romantic advances and guess isn't into jolyne so that issue wouldn't exist :|
but if she were filling the role of anasui she would be a male version of herself who is also into jolyne. and we saw how she literally actually treats people as objects and toys...

Anasui doesn't think Jolyne has a duty to respond to his advances, by the way. if he thought that he wouldn't try to use someone else to manipulate her into falling for him. he's a deeply insecure person who thinks if he catches her attention, the things that are good about her will save his soul and allow him to atone for what he's done.

that's much more flawed and backwards thinking, but also much more interesting and complex.

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
serious question: why do people like cg openings in anime?

when i started watching jojo and loving it, i was a bit taken aback by the cg and it honestly gave me the impression of a lower budget more than anything. I still liked the openings, and bloody stream does a good job of hiding the models behind flat shaded shadow figures, but as soon as i got to crazy noisy bizzare town i was glad there was no cg.

again, i think the models are cool and i like the way they emulate the flourishes of araki's style, but they always seemed to be very plainly models, and never fooled me for a second the way a lot of the subtle 3d actually used in the show does.

I don't get the appeal; arent people supposed to be here for detailed 2d animation? that's the medium after all. I'm genuinely not trying to start shit, i just was a bit shocked when i saw people lamenting the loss of 3D after id watched parts 1-4 pretty much ignoring online discussions

Oct 25, 2017
serious question: why do people like cg openings in anime?

when i started watching jojo and loving it, i was a bit taken aback by the cg and it honestly gave me the impression of a lower budget more than anything. I still liked the openings, and bloody stream does a good job of hiding the models behind flat shaded shadow figures, but as soon as i got to crazy noisy bizzare town i was glad there was no cg.

again, i think the models are cool and i like the way they emulate the flourishes of araki's style, but they always seemed to be very plainly models, and never fooled me for a second the way a lot of the subtle 3d actually used in the show does.

I don't get the appeal; arent people supposed to be here for detailed 2d animation? that's the medium after all. I'm genuinely not trying to start shit, i just was a bit shocked when i saw people lamenting the loss of 3D after id watched parts 1-4 pretty much ignoring online discussions
Because the OP's and the metal music brought hype and they thought it made Jojo extra manly or some shit. I honestly have no real idea and thought the animated OP's in part's 4 and 5 were great. Granted I have no recollection of my initial reactions and really don't care enough to track them down as of right now.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Because the OP's and the metal music brought hype and they thought it made Jojo extra manly or some shit. I honestly have no real idea and thought the animated OP's in part's 4 and 5 were great. Granted I have no recollection of my initial reactions and really don't care enough to track them down as of right now.
huh, i could have sworn i saw people saying they wished the current openings were cg still. very much implying that they thought they looked better just inherently