• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Actually, that's true... We're all worried on how difficult horses will be to animate, but how many actual action sequence happen while riding? I remember Oye Como Va... But most of the others require the characters to fight while on the ground, and the horses just bugger off until the end of the fight... (which is probably for the best, since any injury to the horse would mean the race is over). Maybe the first Diego fight...?

It's a pity we didn't get any horse stand user... Imagine:
- This guy is very powerful, I can't understand his power...
- We killed him, and yet his stand is still active! How can it be!
- OH NO ACTUALLY HIS HORSE WAS THE MASTERMIND ALL ALONG!!!

SBR is too subdued for its own good. Zombie Horse? Pfff, give me Pet Shop's equine brother!
i missed this comment earlier and just wanted to ask: has it ever actually been established that animals CAN be stand users in the SBR universe? I genuinely cant think of one part 7 or 8 example. we have rock animals, but that's not actually a stand ability.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
i missed this comment earlier and just wanted to ask: has it ever actually been established that animals CAN be stand users in the SBR universe? I genuinely cant think of one part 7 or 8 example. we have rock animals, but that's not actually a stand ability.
Wasnt sugar mountain a tree with a stand?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Despite me thinking the Part 6 ED should be a Female Singer/Band, i think this song would be really fitting for Stone Ocean considering the lyrics.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Currently showing my girlfriend Part 5 after recently finishing Part 4. She says that her favorite character so far is Abacchio.

giphy.gif

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017

Despite me thinking the Part 6 ED should be a Female Singer/Band, i think this song would be really fitting for Stone Ocean considering the lyrics.

Im still fairly surprised no one ive talked to has agreed there's a high chance it will be the popular hit from the female artist who is literally called Jojo and has branding that incorporates a literal Star into the logo.

She fell off in popularity though she's now making a comeback as an adult, so it's not like it would be crazy expensive to liscense. plus its just slightly dissonant enough to fit with the stuff out of left field the ED pickers usually go with, yet still captures the emotion and youth of Jolyne's angst, and actually was released around the time when she'd have perfectly fit into the song's age demographic.

Said release date is also well within the established window of proximity to the actual part's publication, coming out closer to stone ocean's run than I Want You did to part 4.

I genuinely think I've figured it out completely, i would bet on it.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Jotaro mostly but also Koichi and Josuke. She lucked out in Part 4. Everyone does unless your favorite character is Shigechi lol.
i dunno man, seeing Literally Everyone violently explode lowkey destroyed me, even though i knew it couldn't possibly stick. But i still thought that at least Rohan was going to stay dead.

And he's honestly definitely my favorite part 4 character.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
i dunno man, seeing Literally Everyone violently explode lowkey destroyed me, even though i knew it couldn't possibly stick. But i still thought that at least Rohan was going to stay dead.

And he's honestly definitely my favorite part 4 character.
Rohan is my favorite too and I was legit pissed when I first read Bites the Dust and he died. I was so relieved when it didn't stick.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Rohan is my favorite too and I was legit pissed when I first read Bites the Dust and he died. I was so relieved when it didn't stick.
something i noticed going through it again was that moment when Rohan quietly talks to Jotaro about how he needs to use Star Platinum. It's a neat little reminder that those two are Actual Adults, and probably get along well despite never having talked to each other onscreen.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017

I'm baffled that part 7 didn't have a horse with stand powers.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I'm baffled that part 7 didn't have a horse with stand powers.
i feel like it would have simply just been too predictable. the surprise of animal stand users always comes from you not knowing when the next random creature you see will be important. in a setting where you're constantly around one type of animal, theres no opportunity to surprise you.

Oct 25, 2017
i feel like it would have simply just been too predictable. the surprise of animal stand users always comes from you not knowing when the next random creature you see will be important. in a setting where you're constantly around one type of animal, theres no opportunity to surprise you.
Could have had a horse controlling it's jockey via stand power

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Could have had a horse controlling it's jockey via stand power
I mean, of course! but i just mean it's a bit on the nose for the part that is about horses to have a horse stand user. and with the gradually maturing tone, it fits even less. cause the villain here is the president. how does he get a horse to work for him in a grounded, realistic way?

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017

I disagree completely. Imagine Gyro and Johnny fighting a stand user on horseback and managing to kill the rider, then shortly after realizing they're still being attacked by the horse instead. That'd be great.

how does he get a horse to work for him in a grounded, realistic way?

I don't know if I can get behind this being the point at which Steel Ball Run would be too bizarre.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, of course! but i just mean it's a bit on the nose for the part that is about horses to have a horse stand user. and with the gradually maturing tone, it fits even less. cause the villain here is the president. how does he get a horse to work for him in a grounded, realistic way?
Yeah true Evil Horse is a part 3/4 bit rather than 7. It would have been hella goofy

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I disagree completely. Imagine Gyro and Johnny fighting a stand user on horseback and managing to kill the rider, then shortly after realizing they're still being attacked by the horse instead. That'd be great.
eh. it still feels like an "of course" moment instead of an "i cant believe it!" moment. I don't deny itd be fun, but that's not really what I'm talking about. the fact that itd be fun probably has nothing to do with why it didnt happen.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I am not the biggest fan of JoJo i will freely admit it makes a lot of logical sense they would pick her for the Part 6 ED

Though if i would have to pick a JoJo Song:

Anyone else feel Stone Ocean Part 6 will be annouced Summer 2020 and released Fall 2020

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
I am not the biggest fan of JoJo i will freely admit it makes a lot of logical sense they would pick her for the Part 6 ED

Though if i would have to pick a JoJo Song:

Anyone else feel Stone Ocean Part 6 will be annouced Summer 2020 and released Fall 2020

Have you seen her recent rerecording of that song? It would be interesting if they decided to use one of these, as she did a bunch of her hits.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
[a horse with no name]

Jojo siwa would fit better part 8, she's too 00's-10's and that part has more cheesy teenager girl songs
Looking at you california king bed

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
[a horse with no name]

Jojo siwa would fit better part 8, she's too 00's-10's and that part has more cheesy teenager girl songs
Looking at you california king bed
oh, we're not talking about JoJo Siwa, just plain JoJo.

And that particular song came out closer to the end of part 6 than I Want You did to the end of part 4.

I disagree, I think angsty teen girl music fits Jolyne perfectly. she becomes a hardened badass and she always has a rough side to her, but she begins as very much an ordinary goofy teen girl.

I think her ED's should either be that flavor of emotional female pop, or aggressive female punk.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

And that particular song came out closer to the end of part 6 than I Want You did to the end of part 4.

I disagree, I think angsty teen girl music fits Jolyne perfectly. she becomes a hardened badass and she always has a rough side to her, but she begins as very much an ordinary goofy teen girl.

I think her ED's should either be that flavor of emotional female pop, or aggressive female punk.
I agree, for the 1st ED It should be Female Pop or Punk

Anyone else feel it's a bit odd they are doing the Rohan OVAs this year rather then next, makes me think SO is coming out next year

Komii

Oct 26, 2017

I never realized JoJo and JoJo siwa aren't the same artist and now i feel dumb(i don't really listen to siwa just jojo so i guess thats why i mixed em up lol)

Jolyne needs action hero songs though, her differential as a female lead is being an action hero .-. Usually in manga thy only go for cute

If they use a love song, at least use somethin with punch, like "i hate myself for loving you"

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
ok, i was re-reading the Valentine fight, and spent like 10 minutes staring at the part where he doesn't pick up the gun trying to figure out what was happening. I finally realized the gun was merging with the loaded one he had brought in order to kill Johnny. For some reason I assumed that property only applied to living things, or was excluded from affecting the things valentine "possesses", same as his clothes.

I guess it makes sense though, perhaps since it is an item less intimately associated with him or mentally acknowledged as vestigial?

And regarding his speech... I really do think it was a brilliant moment of writing, despite generally disliking him as a character. I paid close attention to his words, and it is just so striking how hard he goes in and how much thought he gives to every aspect, only to at his core still be completely petty and greedy. He has entirely convinced himself of his own bullshit to an extent where he can completely throw away the entire foundation of his worldview and principles without batting an eye.

In terms of his specific politics and general insane disconnection from reality and humanity, he definitely resembles Trump, but an aspect of him that I think is overlooked are how he exposes the total inadequacy of wanting people like Trump to be exactly the same, except more intelligent and self-aware.

He is the "respectable" version of Trump. Someone the media would love, the people would adore, and who would be remembered as a true embodiment of America's spirit of freedom. And yet he is a whole-ass psychopath who literally, actually, without exaggeration, desires nothing more than for everyone who doesnt live under his rule to suffer.

Anyone who comes away from that final encounter thinking literally nothing but "man, it really goes to show things aren't so black and white" is imo well on their way to cultivating the same level of cognitive dissonance that man did.

However: I love how Johnny acts here. because he recognizes that Valentine truly is saying all the right things. While he is undoubtedly xenophobic, it is true that there is no such thing as a perfect utopia, and pain and misery will always exist. it is also true that the corpse could be a terrible power in the wrong hands, and used to increase the overall level of suffering in the world rather than redistributing that which exists naturally.

His arguments are perfect, his conviction is real, yet Johnny knows that nothing he's said thus far has any trace of humanity within it. if he were a force of nature, that speech would simply have been a technical breakdown of his function. but if he is a man, there must be some infinitesimal part of him that has no true purpose or conviction behind it. And for Valentine, that was his desire for revenge, and by extension his desire to destroy all that is Other in his mind.

Why else would he choose Dio to succeed him? a man whose naked greed and lust for power he knew would lead to a natural culling of those he considered undesirable, same as his own self-deceived path towards the same thing.

He truly is a villain of our modern world, and that is part of why I loathe him so much, though i think he is an excellent foil for more relatable and human characters.

Last edited:

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Someone on a discord i go on suggested that Paramore would fit as the Part 6 Ed and i agree especially since they have gotten a fairly big following in Japan

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Someone on a discord i go on suggested that Paramore would fit as the Part 6 Ed and i agree especially since they have gotten a fairly big following in Japan

this is very fitting! slightly pushing it in terms of chronological relevance, but rules are made to be broken.

Haley Williams also sounds like what I'd expect Jolyne to in english.