• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
i aint buying that tsurugi theory.

if only because it sounds out of nowhere and not v interesting

BinaryPork

Oct 31, 2017
Gappy is probably going to be a top 3 jojo for me by the end of part 8.

I wonder if he'll lose his new rock features at some point or if they'll be part of him for the rest of the part.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Gappy is probably going to be a top 3 jojo for me by the end of part 8.

I wonder if he'll lose his new rock features at some point or if they'll be part of him for the rest of the part.
I wonder... what will he do with the new locacaca? from what we know of how it works, it can permanently fix any living being by absorbing the body of someone nearby. and he wants to use it to cure holly... so it seems like he's set up to merge with her? I don't know, maybe it works differently when one of the bodies isn't dead.

Palazzo

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if Josuke is going to go right back after Akefu, or if his comment at the end of the chapter suggests he's going to go after the new rokakaka and hope to run into Akefu on the way.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Wonder if Josuke is going to go right back after Akefu, or if his comment at the end of the chapter suggests he's going to go after the new rokakaka and hope to run into Akefu on the way.
Based on the way he's looking OUT of the hospital, I think he's deciding to give Yasuho's suspicion a second thought. he's accepted that he's found no evidence the fruit is where Rai thought it was. I think he's going to try and regroup with his squad before doing anything else, probably getting rai out of prison first then going for yasuho. he knows its not going to be as easy as just doggedly pursuing the apparent mastermind.

Kuroyume

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Great chapter. And Josuke running around in his underwear now is a good look.

Was great to see the doctor talking and Holly doing stuff. Been a long time coming.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Whaaaaa? Tsurugi as the head doctor makes no sense, I don't buy that theory for one second.
This chapter was pretty damn cool. Still have no idea where its going, but the Head Doctor making medicine out of the Rock Fruit is a disaster waiting to happen. Josuke is now full of rock skin, I don't think a new Rock Human population is gonna sit well with anyone. That also does raise a question, will Soft and Wet see an upgrade in its powers? I mean its alreadh half Soft and Wet half Killer Queen, but the addition of Josuke now being part rock human should have an affect on his stand.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder...

Holly knew where the Locacaca was, and Gappy completely fucked up the lab (maybe he took other samples of the Locacaca?). I assume that would be enough to cause the Head Doctor to pursue him.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Whaaaaa? Tsurugi as the head doctor makes no sense, I don't buy that theory for one second.
This chapter was pretty damn cool. Still have no idea where its going, but the Head Doctor making medicine out of the Rock Fruit is a disaster waiting to happen. Josuke is now full of rock skin, I don't think a new Rock Human population is gonna sit well with anyone. That also does raise a question, will Soft and Wet see an upgrade in its powers? I mean its alreadh half Soft and Wet half Killer Queen, but the addition of Josuke now being part rock human should have an affect on his stand.
i don't think Josuke is part Rock Human now...Rock Humans are a different species than regular Humans. I don't really think having the Rokaka turning parts of you into stone due to equivalent exchange is the same as becoming part Rock Human. Maybe it is though? It's hard to tell lol.

Anyways, this was an interesting chapter. I still don't really know what the hell is going on lol.

The Head Doctors stand is ridiculously overpowered if it can be activated based on thought alone. Might be one of the most overpowered stands in the whole series...(if this is indeed a stand ability)

Also, they were performing human trials on Holly with the Locaca medicine? Was there a reason for that? If she had no wounds to heal, or nothing wrong with her, why were parts of her turned to stone if there was nothing to exchange? She made it sound like her illness was caused by the Locaca medicine, which doesn't really make sense why parts of her body would be exchanged for stone if there was nothing wrong with her to begin with?

Man this shit is so crazy, probably the most abstract and hard to understand JoJo part yet lol. I'm really interested to see how this all comes together, between the Higashikata family, the Head Doctor, Josuke, Yasuho, and Tooru.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
i don't think Josuke is part Rock Human now...Rock Humans are a different species than regular Humans. I don't really think having the Rokaka turning parts of you into stone due to equivalent exchange is the same as becoming part Rock Human. Maybe it is though? It's hard to tell lol.

Anyways, this was an interesting chapter. I still don't really know what the hell is going on lol.

The Head Doctors stand is ridiculously overpowered if it can be activated based on thought alone. Might be one of the most overpowered stands in the whole series...(if this is indeed a stand ability)

Also, they were performing human trials on Holly with the Locaca medicine? Was there a reason for that? If she had no wounds to heal, or nothing wrong with her, why were parts of her turned to stone if there was nothing to exchange? She made it sound like her illness was caused by the Locaca medicine, which doesn't really make sense why parts of her body would be exchanged for stone if there was nothing wrong with her to begin with?

Man this shit is so crazy, probably the most abstract and hard to understand JoJo part yet lol. I'm really interested to see how this all comes together, between the Higashikata family, the Head Doctor, Josuke, Yasuho, and Tooru.
The reason normal humans turn to stone is because they don't have the same cell composition as the rock humans, who can eat the fruit and heal because they have the rock hibernation process and already are part rock. And with Josuke already being a human who was created from equivalent exchange, you would think a 2nd Rokaka consumption would take things down a different path, especially with the new variety. The equivalent exchange used to take one part of the body for each of the healed areas, but here its like a random assortment of drops, almost as if his body melted.
Completely unrelated to this meanwhile.
Me must be really close to tbe endgame if the Jojo of this part is getting that injured or deformed, I cannot wait to see how Araki closes Part 8.

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
The reason normal humans turn to stone is because they don't have the same cell composition as the rock humans, who can eat the fruit and heal because they have the rock hibernation process and already are part rock. And with Josuke already being a human who was created from equivalent exchange, you would think a 2nd Rokaka consumption would take things down a different path, especially with the new variety. The equivalent exchange used to take one part of the body for each of the healed areas, but here its like a random assortment of drops, almost as if his body melted.
Completely unrelated to this meanwhile.
Me must be really close to tbe endgame if the Jojo of this part is getting that injured or deformed, I cannot wait to see how Araki closes Part 8.
i'm not sure i understand what you mean lol

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
i'm not sure i understand what you mean lol
Josuke/Kira became one human after some equivalent exchange. Iirc it was from consuming the old variety of Rokakakas. Or was it the wall eyes in combination with the fruit. Don't remember. Anyway, since he is being healed with a 2nd fruit based medicine which is likely made with the new strain, we have no idea what the effects are and if perhaps he is slowly becoming anrock human. But the effect does look like his skin melted and became stone from his head downwards. And finally, if he is becoming rock human let's say, wouldn't that have an effect on his stand?

Fulminator

Oct 25, 2017
Josuke/Kira became one human after some equivalent exchange. Iirc it was from consuming the old variety of Rokakakas. Or was it the wall eyes in combination with the fruit. Don't remember. Anyway, since he is being healed with a 2nd fruit based medicine which is likely made with the new strain, we have no idea what the effects are and if perhaps he is slowly becoming anrock human. But the effect does look like his skin melted and became stone from his head downwards. And finally, if he is becoming rock human let's say, wouldn't that have an effect on his stand?
The New Rokakaka fruit still hasn't been harvested so the medicine is based on the old one, I'm pretty sure at least.

Josefumi healed Kira by feeding him the New Rokakaka, which then used Josefumi's body for its equivalent exchange rather than Kira's body. Them being buried at the Wall Eyes is what caused their fusion (Im pretty sure).

What I'm saying is that the Rokakaka doesn't change your genetic makeup. Rock Humans are a different species than normal humans...the fruit just exchanges pieces of your body with stone, your cellular makeup. I don't think it changes your DNA.

Perhaps it will have an effect on his stand, it very well could, but I really don't think he is becoming a rock human any more than Holly is a rock human or Tsurugi is a rock human.

Rock Humans were born that way, because they are not human, they are Rock Human.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
The New Rokakaka fruit still hasn't been harvested so the medicine is based on the old one, I'm pretty sure at least.

Josefumi healed Kira by feeding him the New Rokakaka, which then used Josefumi's body for its equivalent exchange rather than Kira's body. Them being buried at the Wall Eyes is what caused their fusion (Im pretty sure).

What I'm saying is that the Rokakaka doesn't change your genetic makeup. Rock Humans are a different species than normal humans...the fruit just exchanges pieces of your body with stone, your cellular makeup. I don't think it changes your DNA.

Perhaps it will have an effect on his stand, it very well could, but I really don't think he is becoming a rock human any more than Holly is a rock human or Tsurugi is a rock human.

Rock Humans were born that way, because they are not human, they are Rock Human.
[Right okay, gotcha. Still suspicious at the very least, I don't think anyone saw Josuke being petrified like this coming at all. [/Spoiler]

OP
OP
Matsukaze

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017
Caught up with the latest chapter. Easily one of the best in all JoJolion.

That Josuke-Holly interaction was awesome. I cannot wait to see what comes next with our reinvigorated Josuke.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Continuing my rewatch of Part 5 with my gf, she just witnessed Abacchio's death (her favorite character). She was in an angry denial until he was told he can't get on the bus, then got teary eyed once Bucciarrati got sad.

"Why does this keep happening to me? Why couldn't they kill fucking Lil' Bomber or something?"

She just keeps setting herself up. I fucking love death in Jojo. It has so much weight.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Honestly the vid feels more for someone that already read or watched part 5 and is a fan of the channel.
honestly when im having something recommended to me i want as little information as possible. "hey you like cheesy vintage superhero comics right? check this out."

I wish I'd had that little information going into jojo, but all I really knew is "Dio Can Stop Time With His Stand" (unfortunate, huh?) and "Stands Can Have Literally Any Possible Power", which was basically the hook for me.

not knowing anything about vampires or hamon was such a surprise!

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
there's something i never really internalized in the white album fight in the anime, possibly due to editing: the positioning of giorno at the final sequence. i always thought he was on the car the whole time until he ran over to save mista, but watching and reading it back i noticed that when he rips open his arm to make blood spurt from it, he's doing so on the ice ramp ghiaccio made when he tried to freeze mista against the wall.

that's why his blood reaches out to the frozen Gently Weeps barrier. from that point on, while mista is doing his final gambit, giorno is healing his arm so he doesnt bleed out, then working his way up to land on a still-weak arm just in time to turn the bullet that entered mista's head into part of his flesh/skull.

so basically giorno was working his way over there during that whole last standoff, and the time from him spurting blood on gently weeps and saving mista couldn't have been more than 30 seconds, probably more like 25.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
there's something i never really internalized in the white album fight in the anime, possibly due to editing: the positioning of giorno at the final sequence. i always thought he was on the car the whole time until he ran over to save mista, but watching and reading it back i noticed that when he rips open his arm to make blood spurt from it, he's doing so on the ice ramp ghiaccio made when he tried to freeze mista against the wall.

that's why his blood reaches out to the frozen Gently Weeps barrier. from that point on, while mista is doing his final gambit, giorno is healing his arm so he doesnt bleed out, then working his way up to land on a still-weak arm just in time to turn the bullet that entered mista's head into part of his flesh/skull.

so basically giorno was working his way over there during that whole last standoff, and the time from him spurting blood on gently weeps and saving mista couldn't have been more than 30 seconds, probably more like 25.
I just realized ghiacchio probably found out about Giorno's healing at that moment too lol("WHAT THE HELL?!" up until now i just thought he'd forgotten Giorno was there

Last edited:

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Melone died before giving the important intel lol
i love how the fact that they were split up actually made sense, because they were all trying to meet up as soon as possible but circumstances got in the way. melone died before linking up with Ghiaccio, Risotto was busy decoding the picture in some distant location and sent a copy to Ghiaccio online before heading there himself.

it doesn't feel like they intentionally fought the gang one at a time, and combined with the fact that they always almost win it makes them feel like genuinely competent enemies who're at a disadvantage because they don't have all the information the gang does.