Joker from Persona 5 announced for Smash Bros. Ultimate (DLC Pack 1)

Nov 24, 2017
All of these jokes about Joker stealing the invitation are hilarious, but realistically him being the third SEGA rep means he possibly saved us from Shadow the Hedgehog being playable.

Oct 25, 2017
This is literally not a thing that has happened. People are excited about the character and are excited about a possible port... but I don't see a single person going "Lul Joker? I want P5 not a smash character!" or anything even close to that.
There've been a few comments in this thread of people disappointed this wasn't a P5 Switch port and a Smash character instead. The sentiment is a small minority, though.

Oct 25, 2017
So real talk, what should the stage be? I can't see Cafe Leblanc working. I vote riding on top of the Morgana Bus in Mementos.

Also, I can think of no better Final Smash than Sinful Shell.

Naaaaaah, All out Attack. Smash is already one to spoil video games but this has to be the final Smash.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I'm happy for you guys. Never played a Persona before, but that might change in the future.

I'd be more psyched about some N64 representation, but this is fine too.

Oct 25, 2017
Legit made me grab the fighter pass right away, and I probably won’t even be receiving the game until Monday, let alone whenever the first pack finally comes out.

Joker has far wider appeal than any SMT protag would, with how big P5 is/was. They’re reaching beyond the usual Nintendo demographic, and it fucking worked.

Oct 27, 2017
I must say I'm not feeling it.
We got the worst persona MC from the worst Persona game, instead of Flynn, the Doom marine from SJ or the Devil Survivor MC.
Heck, even Jack frost would make more sense. Choosing joker it's just stupid.

Oct 28, 2017
I've got about an hour of Ultimate in me but I still don't feel anything good about this announcement. I'm glad people are excited but this pick checks basically every box I didn't want to see in DLC:

-Recency bias in long running series (especially if it's a promotional thing, to be seen)
-3rd party
-No real history with Nintendo

Oct 27, 2017
What are the chances of having vocal music from P5 in the game?
I’m gonna say 100%

I wonder if we’ll hear any music from the other Persona games like 4, 3 and the ones that don’t exist. Lotus Juice in Smash is something I didn’t know I needed till just now

Nov 24, 2017
I hope he stole another card and gave it to Alicia Melchiott.
Selvaria Bles is effectively the mascot of that series now so it would probably be her. She would be more fitting for a game like this too I think.

If we get another SEGA rep (not expecting this at all) I think it would be Kazuma Kiryu. I personally want Joe Musashi from Shinobi in more than anyone though. Gilius Thunderhead would also be another great retro rep.

Oct 25, 2017
Jan 9, 2018
The reveal didn't do anything for me but convinced my brother to get the fighter pass. I hope at least 1 of the remaining 4 characters is something I'm into. I didn't buy any of Sm4sh's DLC.

(I like Piranha Plant so I have bad taste, but they're free so not something to buy)