Joker from Persona 5 announced for Smash Bros. Ultimate (DLC Pack 1)

Oct 27, 2017
I mean I like other characters more than Joker too, but to say that Joker doesn't make sense is silly.

Persona 5 is the current hotness right now, there was literally no way it'd be anybody else lol.
But it doesn't represent Atlus legacy with Nintendo nor the Persona series. Like you say, he's just the "current hotness".
Jack Frost as the mascot or any of the mainline's MC would make much more sense.
And if they wanted to stick with Persona, Maya or door-kun would've been more interesting choices.
Even an EO character would make more sense than Jocker.

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks.
If I may ask another question, are the Persona games connected ? Should I start with the first one ?
The first two Persona games (actually three because Persona 2 is split into two games) are basically completely ignored by the later Persona games and are basically completely different games. So, if you really wanna get in the series, you could just start with 3. But the games are basically unconnected. Except a few references. But the Persona Q games and Persona Arena games are crossovers that involve bringing characters from across the series (but only characters from 3 onward) together.

But it doesn't represent Atlus legacy with Nintendo nor the Persona series. Like you say, he's just the "current hotness".
Jack Frost as the mascot or any of the mainline's MC would make much more sense.
And if they wanted to stick with Persona, Maya or door-kun would've been more interesting choices.
all of this is wrong

everyone is stoked about joker, if they had Jack frost or Maya (??) people would be pissed and wondering why it wasn't joker

OP
OP
vestan
Dec 28, 2017
if they had Jack frost people would be pissed and wondering why it wasn't joker

I like Joker, and I'm glad to see him in Smash, but let's be real here. Sure he wouldn't generate as much excitement as Joker but I don't think anyone would be pissed that Atlus' mascot had his chance in Smash.

Oct 25, 2017
Jack Frost would be such a lame pick compared to Joker.

Honestly, Joker is the perfect protagonist out of all the Persona protagonists to make it, just aesthetically. Similar reasons for why ASW's reaction when they saw the February 2015 reveal trailer was that "These characters would be perfect for a fighting game."

Oct 25, 2017
Putting Jack Frost instead of Joker would be like putting Chocobo/Moogle/Chocomog instead of Cloud.

Yes, the generic monsters have more "Nintendo relevance". They would also be much, much more lame of a character pick.

Oct 26, 2017
Oh good. Nintendo announced that almost all of the PS1/PS2 Final Fantasy games were coming to Switch like 12 hours after you definitively declared that they would remain Sony exclusive forever, so hopefully your reverse-Nostradamus works again.
There is actual facts from my side where all of you are doing the exact of circumstance, no evidence whatsoever and have just conjecture and wishlists. Which is why I stopped bothering responding to anyone that says it because it’s not worth the effort.

It’s almost like a gag at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
He represents the series at its peak of popularity. Nobody gives a fuck about the persona 3 MC beyond the most insular persona fans, compared to the two that followed, and suggesting an even earlier persona protagonist? You must be kidding.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you have Cloud, even though FF7R is not coming to SW.
Snake even though MGSV is not on SW.
Two SF reps even though SFV is not on SW.
FF7 was announced for Switch.
Snake came into Smash for The Twin Snakes.
Ryu and Ken are SF characters which has a long Nintendo history.

Haha I don't even have a Switch but seeing the reactions to this is very entertaining, to say the least.

I don't understand why anyone would hate this kind of thing. If he is not your jam it's not like the game doesn't have 1000000000000000000000000000000 other characters to choose from.

Oct 28, 2017

I like Joker, and I'm glad to see him in Smash, but let's be real here. Sure he wouldn't generate as much excitement as Joker but I don't think anyone would be pissed that Atlus' mascot has his chance in Smash.
Don't worry, he'll be a spirit, along with demi-fiend.

Oct 25, 2017
Sakurai: Can we have Cloud back in Ultimate?
Square Enix: No.
Sakurai: Please, people love him.
Square Enix: No.
Sakurai: We promise to represent him respectfully.
Square Enix: Fine. But you only get two Spirits and two music tracks with Cloud.
Sakurai: Sure, thanks.

*six months later*

Sakurai: Yo, Meguro, my man, do you know how I can contact Lotus Juice?

Oct 25, 2017
I mean you have Cloud, even though FF7R is not coming to SW.
Snake even though MGSV is not on SW.
Two SF reps even though SFV is not on SW.
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy for 3DS. Cloud is in it.
Metal Gear from the NES. Snake is there.
Street Fighter 2 from the SNES. Ryu and Ken.

Oct 25, 2017