Joker from Persona 5 announced for Smash Bros. Ultimate (DLC Pack 1)

Oct 25, 2017
Like, even if you all wanted SMT representation instead, they'd go with the most recognizable SMT character...which is the Demi-Fiend, from the PS2.

>__

Oct 28, 2018
FF7 was announced for Switch.
Snake came into Smash for The Twin Snakes.
Ryu and Ken are SF characters which has a long Nintendo history.
A PS1/PC port is your justification while FF7R is absent on SW.
Likewise, Snake, despite missing the actual MGS games.
SF poster characters, despite missing the latest SF.

This is almost in line with those that think Joker was announced to promote PQ2.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, sure, but so far they have only been picking Japanese made characters from Japanese companies. Even on Nintendo's side there are only I believe two characters (Diddy and KRool) that were not made by Japanese people.
Dark Samus was made by a Texan studio.

Also, for whatever's worth, there's unused data for two Rare games from the N64 era in Ultimate.

Oct 28, 2017
Just Dante of those three please
Dont worry u will get them and those game wont come to switch too.

Man it only sounds like most of your salt is founded in some misguided console wars nonsense.
Dont u put me in this console wars shit. Again. SmT is more worthy inclusion rather than Persona due to all its history. I want a proper representation title on game that resonate with Nintendo fans rather than just choosing popular IP all around.

Oct 25, 2017
A PS1/PC port is your justification while FF7R is absent on SW.
Likewise, Snake, despite missing the actual MGS games.
SF poster characters, despite missing the latest SF.

This is almost in line with those that think Joker was announced to promote PQ2.
The Twin Snakes is literally the reason Snake was in Brawl.
FF7R isn’t on anything yet. FF7 proper came over.

Oct 25, 2017
I think all his B attacks will be Arsene attacks (the darkness spell, flying while carrying Joker...).
I would rather he incorporate different Persona for each Special attack. It would be a pain for the 3D modellers, but it would be more accurate to how Persona protagonists play.

OP
OP
vestan
Dec 28, 2017
Like, even if you all wanted SMT representation instead, they'd go with the most recognizable SMT character...which is the Demi-Fiend, from the PS2.
That ain't Jack Frost, although Demi-fiend would be dope. Other than those two, I guess Flynn could have a shot too considering SMTIV came out a while back. Honestly though? I'd want the GOAT Aleph over all of them but that ain't happening.

Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
Dont u put me in this console wars shit. Again. SmT is more worthy inclusion rather than Persona due to all its history. I want a proper representation title on game that resonate with Nintendo fans rather than just choosing popular IP all around
I'll be more charitable and say that you have a very pronounced preference of SMT over Persona, which is the real reason you're salty.

Oct 31, 2017
Barcelona
I would rather he incorporates different Persona for each Neutral attack. It would be a pain for the 3D modellers, but it would be more accurate to how Persona protagonists play.
I agree, but it presents some problems, like the need of having multiple models in memory all the time(Pokemon trainer has this so it's possible). Maybe Jack Frost, Izanagi or Orpheus are in his B attacks too.

Nov 24, 2017
I am not sure how people can say Joker is not that relevant when he stars in a multi million seller that received endless rave reviews and cameos in loads of other games on all kinds of platforms with likely dozens upon dozens more happening in the coming years. I want characters like Captain Syrup to show up too (I really, really want more Wario reps in general), but trying to downplay this based on relevance is absolutely bizarre. Nintendo legitimately does not have very many notable characters left.

Also guys, you are forgetting Joker's other cameo on a Nintendo console.

Oct 27, 2017
Dont u put me in this console wars shit. Again. SmT is more worthy inclusion rather than Persona due to all its history. I want a proper representation title on game that resonate with Nintendo fans rather than just choosing popular IP all around.
Spoiler: persona is going to resonate with many more Nintendo fans than whatever random SMT pick you're imagining, because there is no law on this planet that requires you to play games only on a single console, combined with the sheer popularity of persona, especially 5 over everything else atlus has ever published.

Dec 28, 2017
Snake was in Brawl cause Kojima begged Sakurai to put him in Smash all the way back to Melee.
I doubt he would have ever even been considered if Kojima had never even said anything.

>__

Oct 28, 2018
Thats not the point: Nintendo will bring in characters despite missing their latest games and continues to do so.
FF7R has been announced for PS4, not sure why you are acting like FF7R isn't the most obvious FF7 reference right now but chose a 20 year old PS1/PC port.

Oct 28, 2017
Spoiler: persona is going to resonate with many more Nintendo fans than whatever random SMT pick you're imagining, because there is no law on this planet that requires you to play games only on a single console, combined with the sheer popularity of persona, especially 5 over everything else atlus has ever published.
And there is no F reason i cant get disapointed over Nintendo choice there right?

Oct 25, 2017
Back when Snake debuted, he included a song from MGS4 and the background to Shadow Moses Island had Metal Gear Gekko running around.

Sakurai doesn't care about your Nintendo purity.

Oct 28, 2017
Please let this mean the mainline Persona games coming to Switch. All my top five favourite games will be on one console, which would automatically make Switch the best machine ever imo.

Oct 25, 2017
I would rather he incorporate different Persona for each Special attack. It would be a pain for the 3D modellers, but it would be more accurate to how Persona protagonists play.
Eh, I’d say he’ll probably stick with his default, like all other Persona protags in spinoffs.

My guess, down b summons Arsene, adds a burn effect to his attacks. Higher damage and bigger area until he gets hit. Sort of like a lesser version of Cloud’s limit break, since it could be used whenever.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Guys a question over a problem I've had in Smash Bros since Melee, is it supposed to be difficult to face the right direction?

I feel that whenever I want to quickly switch the way I am facing I end up running fast in that direction.

E.g. If I am facing right and a Pokeball appears just behind my back, when I try to face that way to grab it I usually then end up running way past the pokeball and usually in to somebody else (or some hazard).

Any tips?

Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
This is true.

It's possible that SMTV will change this if breaks out.